HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415AllNext
Current Page: 14 of 15
Re: McLean Bible Church sucks
Posted by: M.McLeod ()
Date: January 30, 2012 06:38PM

if anyone were to actually attend a McLean Bible Church service, you would see that it is a service without the rituals, excessive dogma, etc.; instead, the church is based on a message of developing personal relationships with God. Say all you want about how terrible you think Solomon or the people who attend the church are (because disputing such an unbased opinion is futile,) but if you were ever to see how they lovingly treat and care for children with disabilities, the kind of children most other churches/places of worship would reject, you would change your mind about McLean.

My sister has Autism, and our old church wouldn't even care for her. But McLean is different.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: chris willis ()
Date: March 04, 2012 02:23PM

yes they do actually, they file a 503B with the irs

Posted by: Bea ()
Date: March 04, 2012 07:03PM

I never understand why people comment on things they know nothing about. Lon preaches from the only truth, God's word.What an absurd comment that he would sell absolution, which is impossible in the first place. Forgiveness comes from God only.
And what does it matter how much money the leaders of any church makes?!! If they work for it and the congregation wants to honor them for their service, it is the church's business. If anything underhanded goes on they are answering to the One who sees all!

Posted by: Ding an sich ()
Date: March 05, 2012 01:24AM

Lon Soloman makes like $700,000 a year. It's ridiculous.

Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: March 05, 2012 01:50PM

Ding an sich Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lon Soloman makes like $700,000 a year. It's
> ridiculous.

False. Not even close - just more false internet rumors you all fall for hook line and sinker.

Posted by: Rev. Ike ()
Date: March 05, 2012 03:28PM

How long has McLean Bible Church had its Manassas location?

Date: March 05, 2012 03:39PM

Rev. Ike Wrote:
> How long has McLean Bible Church had its Manassas
> location?

2.5 years.

Posted by: Bob Dole ()
Date: March 05, 2012 08:01PM

snowdenscold Wrote:
> Ding an sich Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Lon Soloman makes like $700,000 a year. It's
> > ridiculous.
>
>
> False. Not even close - just more false internet
> rumors you all fall for hook line and sinker.

Bob Dole wishes to point out that Lon Soloman and McLean Bible Church have refused to reveal Lon Soloman's salary.

Date: March 05, 2012 10:00PM

Bob Dole Wrote:
> snowdenscold Wrote:
> -----
> > Ding an sich Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Lon Soloman makes like $700,000 a year. It's
> > > ridiculous.
> >
> >
> > False. Not even close - just more false
> internet
> > rumors you all fall for hook line and sinker.
>
>
> Bob Dole wishes to point out that Lon Soloman and
> McLean Bible Church have refused to reveal Lon
> Soloman's salary.

The budget (publically available every quarterly meeting) has a line item that includes several peoples salaries (including Lon's), insurance, and some other miscellaneous bits - and it still doesn't even total that number.

Posted by: Prof Plum ()
Date: March 05, 2012 11:23PM

Been there a few times. Great entertainment, nice people, didn't get hit up for money even once. Lon would make an excellent Fortune 500 CEO. Probably deserves the huge salary he's making. But make no mistake, the church's accomodation of special-needs kids was started as a cover to selfishly provide for Lon's own special-needs kid.

Posted by: Bob Dole ()
Date: March 07, 2012 04:05AM

snowdenscold Wrote:
> Bob Dole Wrote:
> -----
> > snowdenscold Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Ding an sich Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Lon Soloman makes like $700,000 a year.
> It's
> > > > ridiculous.
> > >
> > >
> > > False. Not even close - just more false
> > internet
> > > rumors you all fall for hook line and sinker.
> >
> >
> > Bob Dole wishes to point out that Lon Soloman
> and
> > McLean Bible Church have refused to reveal Lon
> > Soloman's salary.
>
> The budget (publically available every quarterly
> meeting) has a line item that includes several
> peoples salaries (including Lon's), insurance, and
> some other miscellaneous bits - and it still
> doesn't even total that number.

The last Bob Dole checked, the MBC website had an excuse posted for why they refuse to disclose Lon Solomon's salary.
Bob Dole has better things to do than check again.

Posted by: ezra ()
Date: March 12, 2012 06:34PM

uhm, im a young student at Mclean and let me tell y'all this. Mclean DOES NOT sucks! so much hatred on this website. Very dissapointing to me and to God.

Posted by: Old teacher ()
Date: March 12, 2012 11:53PM

Just checked, and no, God is not disappointed that people here question why Lon needs to be wealthy to get the message out about how life should be more spiritual and less materialistic. You got your signals crossed. Maybe you accidentally tuned in to the Satan channel?

Posted by: ... ()
Date: March 13, 2012 01:39AM

I love when humans try to tell me what 'God' wants or feels... You really think that's your place?

Posted by: Too Shay ()
Date: March 13, 2012 08:13AM

Prof Plum Wrote:
> Been there a few times. Great entertainment, nice
> people, didn't get hit up for money even once.
> Lon would make an excellent Fortune 500 CEO.
> Probably deserves the huge salary he's making.
> But make no mistake, the church's accomodation of
> special-needs kids was started as a cover to
> selfishly provide for Lon's own special-needs kid.

Another lie. Jill Solomon is 20 years old and can not take advantage of the services of Jill's House. Only disabled children under the age of 18 can go and stay there. Why lie?

Posted by: Too Shay ()
Date: March 13, 2012 08:25AM

... Wrote:
> I love when humans try to tell me what 'God' wants
> or feels... You really think that's your place?

The Bible tells you what God wants and expects. Pastors (and priests and reverends and etc) teach the Bible. Some much better than others. Speading the Good News is the charge that Jesus gave to his followers. So I guess the answer is "yes". However, Christians are counciled by Christ not to judge. Many, including me fail in that area. It's not easy being a good Christian but, as Paul wrote, it's about running a good race.

Posted by: Truthie ()
Date: March 13, 2012 10:14PM

Too Shay Wrote:
> Prof Plum Wrote:
> -----
> > Been there a few times. Great entertainment,
> nice
> > people, didn't get hit up for money even once.
> > Lon would make an excellent Fortune 500 CEO.
> > Probably deserves the huge salary he's making.
> > But make no mistake, the church's accomodation
> of
> > special-needs kids was started as a cover to
> > selfishly provide for Lon's own special-needs
> kid.
>
>
> Another lie. Jill Solomon is 20 years old and can
> not take advantage of the services of Jill's
> House. Only disabled children under the age of 18
> can go and stay there. Why lie?

I'll go slow since you're obviously retarded. Think how long Lon has been having the church pay for her care. This goes back more than two years, moron!

Posted by: Christians... ()
Date: March 14, 2012 04:24PM

Too Shay Wrote:
> ... Wrote:
> -----
> > I love when humans try to tell me what 'God'
> wants
> > or feels... You really think that's your place?
>
>
> The Bible tells you what God wants and expects.
> Pastors (and priests and reverends and etc) teach
> the Bible. Some much better than others.
> Speading the Good News is the charge that Jesus
> gave to his followers. So I guess the answer is
> "yes". However, Christians are counciled by
> Christ not to judge. Many, including me fail in
> that area. It's not easy being a good Christian
> but, as Paul wrote, it's about running a good
> race.

Of course, of course, I had forgotten that the Bible is the inerrant word of God, impecably written down by his faithful, and completely sane, prophets...

Now, just as soon as the Christians stop allowing women to speak in church, I'll start taking them seriously. After all, God has spoken (through a book, written by men...).

Posted by: dhdhdhh ()
Date: April 06, 2012 09:18PM

MBC is full of Hot submisive traditional girls who want to marry and be committed to one man. I was sold on that and have a hot blonde and great marriage. Knock religon all you want but its povided my family a grest blueprint and set of teachings to raise a wonderful famiy and one thay stays togethher.

Re: McLean Bible Church
Posted by: Drew ()
Date: July 07, 2012 05:25PM

McLean Bible Church is a great church with something for everyone. Regardless of what people believe alterior motives are for any of what they do, they do many great things for the community at large. Lon Solomon is an excellent teacher of the Word. He explains the Bible well and ties it in to modern day life with the churches trademarked "So What?" question nearly every service. If you are a believer or not want to learn... go and listen. If you are a troll and want to do what trolls do, stay on this website and dispute everything. Lon has always taught, from the bible, that all sin is equal, whether it is homosexuality, telling lies, stealing, etc. Just because people believe he is teaching intolerance does not make it so. He is teaching that things that we are all sinners and can be forgiven for our sins by following Jesus. A practicing homosexual is no more or no less a sinner than anyone else... meaning all of us. All this talk of science is silly also... think of God operates by a different set of rules than we do. Some may say that's impossible but think of God as author of a story. He has creative license with everything because he wills it to be. He created the laws of physics and everything else. I also believe he created a fully mature universe much like page 1 of any book starts with fully mature characters.

Posted by: DonaldXCentreville ()
Date: July 13, 2012 03:08AM

"MBC is full of Hot submisive traditional girls who want to marry and be committed to one man."

Once you get married and have a couple kids, she will want a separate bedroom.

The only MBC member I knew told me he didn't shop at the Lotto Korean food market because it "wasn't owned by us." He said he shopped at Giant. Idiot! Giant is owned by the Dutch, who are way more secular than Koreans. That's probably about the level of critical reasoning you can expect for people who go there and pay that charlatan's huge salary. Organized religion is for fools.

McLean Bible Church: the attendees are more impressive than the preacher
Posted by: ChurchHopper ()
Date: July 18, 2012 08:55AM

I've been to MBC several times. The music sounds professional, the service is also quite professional--they have communion and the offering down pat. As far as I can see from the nosebleed seats, Solomon is usually not even on stage until they call him from his green room to do his spiel. But his good-hearted, trusting volunteers man all sorts of helpful programs, so if you want to socialize with people who are hoping to do the right thing, this church is a nice start.

(I also recommend McLean Baptist. I'm not a baptist but if they have the same pastor they had 15 years ago, he was a well-educated man who did not talk down to his audience. He knew his bible but he admitted he was interpreting it, and did not say it was correct and truthful down to the very last word, as the rest of them often do.)

That said, I have never been impressed with Lon Solomon's 20 minute sermons. Every one of them mentions his partying, Jewish past. Who f'ing cares? It's not like God took a poor boy from the slums who had an abusive family and raised him up. This was a well-to-do party boy who sold drugs to make even more money. As much as any of us is the same 20 years after college, he is basically the same person he was before, rubbing elbows with the rich and powerful. His metanoia is no miracle and he doesn't need to keep bringing it up.

Apparently he has star power, charisma, and that is why his lieutenants stay with him.

Posted by: Jack parr ()
Date: September 29, 2012 10:13PM

Georgetown. 1776 house. 2k for dinner. Sep 2011

Posted by: CDiP ()
Date: October 21, 2012 07:50AM

JJFlash Wrote:
> Mrs. K Wrote:
> -----
> > I don't know -- is this his house?
> >
> > Again, do you have proof that he's done
> anything
> > illegal?
>
> Why the focus on illegality? Did someone claim
> that he was doing something illegal?
>
> I'm much more interested in ethical dilemmas. Like
> a man that preaches the word of Christ, yet
> doesn't live the word.
>
> By all outward appearances, he seems to be a rich
> man. And who was it who said:
>
> "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go
> through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to
> enter the kingdom of God."?

I think if you take the above verses in Mark a little further and in total context you'll see that the 'rich young ruler' trusted in his riches far more than whatever Jesus was to ask of him... THAT is what caused Jesus to tell his disciples the aforementioned verse. In fact, further in Mark 10 Jesus tells the disciples that if a person is willing to give for the sake of the gospel (like Jesus asked of the rich young ruler) then that person will be rewarded back tremendously multiplied IN THIS LIFETIME whatever he gave... AND the promise of everlasting life.

Doesn't sound like Jesus (or our Father) has a big issue with a person having financial resources to me.

Plus, if you think this out a bit and take that group of verses you listed just by themselves, then ask yourself how did Old Testament icons like Abraham, Joseph, Jacob, Isaac, Joshua, David or the richest of all (Solomon) ever make it into heaven? All of them were blessed tremendously in material goods, in cattle, in lands or in outright money/physical wealth...

the question you should be asking is why would our God bless all of these men (and many others thruout the Bible) with material gain if he viewed it as a negative?

As long as money doesn't have you and you don't place your trust in it above God, I cannot see where it is an issue to Him. I don't believe God ever had an issue with a man that had wealth that placed Him above his own personal wealth.

Check out Deut 8:18.

.02 fromCDiP

Posted by: Enjoy ()
Date: October 21, 2012 12:23PM

You Are Worthy - McLean Bible Church Worship Group and Orchestra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqcTKFLWOG8

You Are Worthy, by Eddie James, arranged/orchestrated by Bradley Knight. Performed by the McLean Bible Church Worship Group (David Sheets, director) and Orchestra (Ben Roundtree, director) on Sunday, September 11, 2011. Video directed by Ken Wortendyke.

Posted by: JD ()
Date: December 20, 2012 10:59AM

ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS.I HEAR HIM COME ON THE RADIO NOT A SERMON JUST A THOUGHT.THE GUY PRODUCES LOGICAL THINKING THRU THIS.I LISTEN TO HIS SERMONS AND HE HAS A WAY TO KEEP YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT.REMEMBER JOGGING 1 MORNING AS HE WAS PREACHING ON HOW DAVID WAS A MUREDER.WELL IT GRABED MY ATTN.I THOUGHT DAVID WAS A GREAT GUY UNTILL THIS ,WHICH HE DID GO ON TO BE.MY POINT IS HE CAN TEACH AND AS LONG AS HE STAYS CLEAN,HE CAN PREACH.HE HAS DONE SOME REALLY NICE THINGS IN THE SECULAR AREA.HE HAS BUILT SOME HUGE CHURCHES FROM HIS FOLLOWING CONGREGATIONS.ALL THESE CHURCHES HAVE TO FILL THERE SEATS TO BE PROFITABLE OR TO MAKE ENDS MEET.HE ISNT TELLING ANY LIES TO GET PEOPLE TO STAY.HE HAS SEVRAL PEOPLE PEOPLE THAT PASTOR UNDER HIM AND EMPLOYEES THAT ARE SUCCESFUL.BIG CHURCH IS SCARY I AGREE.BUT THE GUY IS VERY GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES.SO FOR HIM TO HAVE A BIG HOUSE AND FANCY STUFF WHO CARES HE HAS EARNED IT.IF HE CAN DO MORE FOR HIS CONGREGATION IS BETWEEN HIM AND GOD.AND NO ONE ELSE.BUT MY GUESS IS HE TITHES LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES.AND IM QUITE SURE HE WORKS AT WHAT HE DOES.LETS LET GOD DECIDE IF HE DOES ENOUGH.IVE LEARNED MORE FROM HIM IN THE FEW YRS IVE LISTEN THEN MY WHOLE LIFE LISTENING TO OTHERS.JOB WAS A RICH MAN TOO.ALTHO HE WENT POOR FOR AWHILE HE STARTED OUT RICH.HE LOVED GOD AND FOLKS TRIED TO GET HIM TO CURSE GOD BUT HE DIDNT.LETS LET HIM PREACH AND TEACH UNTILL WE ARE INFORMED DIFFRENTLY .NOT ALL RICH PEOPLE ARE EVIL.REMEMBER THIS MAN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY SOUL IN HIS BUILDINGS.

Posted by: Puddin Taint ()
Date: December 20, 2012 11:08AM

JESUS WEEPS EVERY TIME YOU HIT CAPS LOCK. NOT A SERMON JUST A THOUGHT.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: December 20, 2012 12:27PM

Too many caps, no paragraphs , bad spelling and punctuation.

Doesn't Jesus want his flock to appear just a little educated?

Posted by: Mrs. P ()
Date: January 19, 2013 07:44PM

No, he has never done anything illegal. He's great. But don't get involved with some of the people, especially the women. You may be stalked for the remainder of your natural life.

Posted by: Jesus Phreak ()
Date: January 19, 2013 08:08PM

I got jerked off at MBC once, but I was never a "member"

Posted by: yessir ()
Date: January 19, 2013 08:13PM

Yea went on an outing with them one sunday (Mt. Biking) - it was business networking pure and simple. No God, no kindness just listening to several blowhard jackasses brag how great they were at lobbying.

Posted by: dieing breed ()
Date: January 19, 2013 08:25PM

It's impossible for any man or woman to know if any in the flock or clergy at Mclean Bible church are going to heaven. My experience there tells me that a great many are not. The arrogance and self rightiousness I've experienced there has not been rivaled at any other church I've attended. Most people there sadly don't truly understand salvation, because they rely on the preaching of Lon Soloman. I have been to church service there about 5 times and each time I've heard this preacher say "we at Mclean Bible Church don't believe that the 9 spiritual gifts are in effect today". That directly contradicts the Bible. He does preach a great deal of truth from the bible, but as soon as ads to or subtracts from the holy word the whole message has been soiled. I recommend Jimmy Swaggert on SBN 24/7 network where you will learn the true message of the cross and begin to walk in victory like nothing you've ever known. Also you liberals could stay green by not burning gas going to church. Amen

Posted by: Young Curmudgeon ()
Date: January 19, 2013 08:58PM

I do not believe in following an organized religion. I believe in following the Bible. Many of us have been led astray by the "evangelicals" and those who claim to know things only God knows.

The Bible is divinely inspired. I'd follow its words long before I'd follow a minister, regardless of how inspiring he is.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: January 23, 2013 01:25PM

Young Curmudgeon Wrote:
> I do not believe in following an organized
> religion. I believe in following the Bible. Many
> of us have been led astray by the "evangelicals"
> and those who claim to know things only God knows.
>
>
> The Bible is divinely inspired. I'd follow its
> words long before I'd follow a minister,
> regardless of how inspiring he is.

is that a sermon, or just a thought?

LoLz

Posted by: Young Curmudgeon ()
Date: January 27, 2013 10:29PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> Young Curmudgeon Wrote:
> -----
> > I do not believe in following an organized
> > religion. I believe in following the Bible.
> Many
> > of us have been led astray by the
> "evangelicals"
> > and those who claim to know things only God
> knows.
> >
> >
> > The Bible is divinely inspired. I'd follow its
> > words long before I'd follow a minister,
> > regardless of how inspiring he is.
>
>
> is that a sermon, or just a thought?
>
> LoLz

Kind of somewhere in between. I don't purport to know everything about God or His ways. I believe that His commandments are pretty straightforward.

Posted by: Matt1 ()
Date: June 04, 2013 09:33AM

Does anyone want to join a men's support group at MBC? We meet every Sunday after late mass.

Posted by: Nostradamus ()
Date: June 04, 2013 10:00AM

dieing breed Wrote:
> It's impossible for any man or woman to know if
> any in the flock or clergy at Mclean Bible church
> are going to heaven. My experience there tells me
> that a great many are not. The arrogance and self
> rightiousness I've experienced there has not been
> rivaled at any other church I've attended. Most
> people there sadly don't truly understand
> salvation, because they rely on the preaching of
> Lon Soloman. I have been to church service there
> about 5 times and each time I've heard this
> preacher say "we at Mclean Bible Church don't
> believe that the 9 spiritual gifts are in effect
> today". That directly contradicts the Bible. He
> does preach a great deal of truth from the bible,
> but as soon as ads to or subtracts from the holy
> word the whole message has been soiled. I
> recommend Jimmy Swaggert on SBN 24/7 network where
> you will learn the true message of the cross and
> begin to walk in victory like nothing you've ever
> known. Also you liberals could stay green by not
> burning gas going to church. Amen

I recommend not paying these churches a dime. Everytime a hear about some jackass preacher living in a 10,000 square foot home it makes my skin crawl.

Posted by: Matt2  ()
Date: June 04, 2013 11:00AM

Matt1 Wrote:
> Does anyone want to join a men's support group at
> MBC? We meet every Sunday after late mass.

"Mass"? LOL

Posted by: networking ()
Date: June 04, 2013 11:03AM

McLean Bible is a business networking group - period. I attended a fellowship outing once and it was nothing more than a bunch of business blow-hards hawking their services.

Posted by: MoreInfo ()
Date: June 04, 2013 05:29PM

MBC is one golf course away from being a country club.

Posted by: Physicist ()
Date: June 04, 2013 05:54PM

Is this one of the churches that believes the universe is only 6,000 years old?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 04, 2013 07:41PM

Physicist Wrote:
> Is this one of the churches that believes the
> universe is only 6,000 years old?

The Bible does not state how old the earth is. I have never heard Lon say how old he thinks the earth is. He is in the middle of a series on Genesis and he never mentioned the age of the earth. He just did a killer sermon on homosexuality a couple of weeks ago. I recommend it....

http://www.mcleanbible.org/media_player.asp?type=large&messageID=155199

Posted by: So Many Questions I Need Answers ()
Date: June 04, 2013 09:53PM

M.McLeod Wrote:
> instead, the church is based on a message of
> developing personal relationships with God.

What about those of us who don't believe in invisible sky friends? Anything for us?

Prof Plum Wrote:
> But make no mistake, the church's accomodation of
> special-needs kids was started as a cover to
> selfishly provide for Lon's own special-needs kid.

So Lon has a retard?

Too Shay Wrote:
> Another lie. Jill Solomon is 20 years old and can
> not take advantage of the services of Jill's
> House. Only disabled children under the age of 18
> can go and stay there. Why lie?

Yeah, laugh now, but when you're banging her and she starts shitting everywhere it won't be so funny!

Matt1 Wrote:
> Does anyone want to join a men's support group at
> MBC? We meet every Sunday after late mass.

Is this what happened to the WNC? Now they're meeting for drinks and debauchery on Sundays?

Anonymous User Wrote:
> He just did a killer sermon on
> homosexuality a couple of weeks ago. I recommend
> it....

You recommend homosexuality? How about Lon, is he for or against it?

Posted by: Believer Beth ()
Date: October 22, 2013 10:50PM

Non believers will point fingers and criticize that which they do not understand.

Some believers will point fingers and criticize out of jealousy or resentment (which is btw, is against everything the Bible teaches). There is also a common believe that ministers are supposed to live forever in poverty. Most ministers live modestly and lead small congregations. However, if an exceptional minister carries an exceptional message and is able to bring many, many people to God, then God may choose to bless them.

When God chooses to bless a ministry with success, what kind of person is so arrogant that they think they have a right to question it? If there is evil or wrongdoing attached to it, God will sort it out in His time.

Don't like their doctrine? Then don't go there. Their doctrine is based on the Bible and it doesn't change to fit the current trends or fads. It is a religion based on the teachings of its founder...God. Mere humans do not have the right to change it or decide it's not in style any more.

Posted by: Jesus loves small churches ()
Date: October 22, 2013 11:29PM

I don't understand why anyone would want to belong to a church that is larger than many airports I've been to.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 21, 2014 06:17PM

I don't attend MBC but they were the venue where someone we know who overstayed her visa and therefore was here illegally ended up meeting an American who married her and thereby took care of her illegal status. They are still married after five years.

So some good does come out of this church. You guys should stop knocking the church.

Posted by: Thankyou ()
Date: January 21, 2014 07:23PM

JC Wrote:
> I don't attend MBC but they were the venue where
> someone we know who overstayed her visa and
> therefore was here illegally ended up meeting an
> American who married her and thereby took care of
> her illegal status. They are still married after
> five years.
>
> So some good does come out of this church. You
> guys should stop knocking the church.

Finally someone who recognizes the some of the good that MBC does.

Posted by: Lon Supporter ()
Date: January 21, 2014 09:23PM

Lon Solomon is a saintly person who is leading this church. He has done so much for the community and those in need.

His work for special needs children is remarkable.

Posted by: idk idk ()
Date: January 21, 2014 09:44PM

Lon Supporter Wrote:
> Lon Solomon is a saintly person who is leading
> this church. He has done so much for the community
> and those in need.
>
> His work for special needs children is remarkable.

I did not know he was a saint. When did this happen? Did Pope Francis arrange this?

Date: January 21, 2014 11:20PM

idk idk Wrote:
> Lon Supporter Wrote:
> -----
> > Lon Solomon is a saintly person who is leading
> > this church. He has done so much for the
> community
> > and those in need.
> >
> > His work for special needs children is
> remarkable.
>
>
> I did not know he was a saint. When did this
> happen? Did Pope Francis arrange this?

I did not say he was a saint ..... I said he was a saintly person. A big difference.

Posted by: Billybob1 ()
Date: January 21, 2014 11:33PM

He is Jews for Jesus guy being Jewish and taking all the Christian Yentas for a ride and making all feel good. Cashing in on the "good News". He is a snake oil salesman at best.

Posted by: sooowhaz ()
Date: January 21, 2014 11:34PM

Bob Dole Wrote:
>
> The last Bob Dole checked, the MBC website had an
> excuse posted for why they refuse to disclose Lon
> Solomon's salary.
> Bob Dole has better things to do than check again.

Bob Dole needs to give up the 90's. Kill yourself...

Posted by: needstobesaid ()
Date: January 21, 2014 11:41PM

FYI this post is so popular because FFXU is full of kids who are still trying to believe in Santa. No one that is an adult cares about the "cool church". Stop being losers and believing some random guy on stage.

Posted by: fart ()
Date: January 21, 2014 11:43PM

needstobesaid Wrote:
> FYI this post is so popular because FFXU is full
> of kids who are still trying to believe in Santa.
> No one that is an adult cares about the "cool
> church". Stop being losers and believing some
> random guy on stage.

Not a sermon just a brain fart.

Posted by: IMPOSTER LON ()
Date: January 21, 2014 11:47PM

COUNTERFEIT CHRISTIANS

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: January 22, 2014 12:03AM

The place is like a country club. All it is lacking is a golf cource.

Date: January 22, 2014 07:20AM

Anything wrong in having a comfortable place to worship?

Ludwig Wrote:
> The place is like a country club. All it is
> lacking is a golf cource.

Posted by: Isnt It Funny ()
Date: January 22, 2014 01:37PM

The anti-MBC posters here are the same people who worship Obama like a god, and happily ignore his lies, corruption, hypocrisy, and dictatorial tendencies.

Posted by: ISNT IT FUNNIER ()
Date: January 22, 2014 01:42PM

The MBC posters here are the same people who worship LON like a god, and happily ignore his lies, corruption, hypocrisy, and dictatorial tendencies.

Date: January 22, 2014 10:12PM

ISNT IT FUNNIER Wrote:
> The MBC posters here are the same people who
> worship LON like a god, and happily ignore his
> lies, corruption, hypocrisy, and dictatorial
> tendencies.

What "lies, corruption, hypocrisy, and dictatorial tendencies" are you referring to? Be specific. We don't worship Lon, FYI.

Date: January 23, 2014 06:36AM

Billybob1 Wrote:
> He is Jews for Jesus guy being Jewish and taking
> all the Christian Yentas for a ride and making all
> feel good. Cashing in on the "good News". He is a
> snake oil salesman at best.

No, he believes the only way to salvation is through Jesus.

Posted by: But, but, but... ()
Date: January 23, 2014 06:40AM

Jesus isn't real, dummies.

Posted by: Actually... ()
Date: January 23, 2014 09:57AM

The Invisible Pink Unicorn is real...bless her holy hooves.

Date: January 24, 2014 10:23AM

If you really believed that salvation was only possible through Jesus Christ, would you not be wanting to make everyone aware of this? It is all that Lon is doing and he does it at personal sacrifice.

What more can one ask of anyone?

Posted by: Bull Feces Detector ()
Date: January 24, 2014 10:51AM

Sure, if I were a narcissistic, meglomaniac, I probably would too.

Personal sacrifice? Please. Really? Like any self-righteous, religious nutjob, he's doing it for personal gain.

Posted by: 4JmbW ()
Date: January 24, 2014 11:01AM

Bull Feces Detector Wrote:
> Sure, if I were a narcissistic, meglomaniac, I
> probably would too.
>
> Personal sacrifice? Please. Really? Like any
> self-righteous, religious nutjob, he's doing it
> for personal gain.

Ah, the old Argumentum ad Hominem, combined with a strawman and positive conclusions based on negative premises. And all wrapped up in opinion stated as fact. Your post is a logic teacher's dream of emotional illogic. Thanks

Posted by: DontCloudYourJudgement ()
Date: January 24, 2014 03:37PM

I agree.

Posted by: DontJudgeYourCloud ()
Date: January 24, 2014 03:43PM

DontCloudYourJudgement Wrote:
> Re: McLean Bible Church sucks
>
> I agree.

I don't.

Posted by: Jay Carney ()
Date: January 25, 2014 08:13AM

I worship at the church of socialism. Obama is my pastor.

Date: January 26, 2014 11:47PM

Bull Feces Detector Wrote:
> Sure, if I were a narcissistic, meglomaniac, I
> probably would too.
>
> Personal sacrifice? Please. Really? Like any
> self-righteous, religious nutjob, he's doing it
> for personal gain.

You are Wrong about Lon.

Posted by: Federal Profiler ()
Date: January 27, 2014 02:50AM

Hmm mmm. Riiight.

Posted by: Shmorkleblinxx ()
Date: September 05, 2015 10:05PM

Anonymous User Wrote:
> Physicist Wrote:
> -----
> > Is this one of the churches that believes the
> > universe is only 6,000 years old?
>
>
> The Bible does not state how old the earth is. I
> have never heard Lon say how old he thinks the
> earth is. He is in the middle of a series on
> Genesis and he never mentioned the age of the
> earth.

But what about Adam and Eve? Did they ride upon the dinosaurs?

Posted by: Pam ()
Date: October 01, 2015 01:01PM

Since this is the first time I have been on this site, I hope I am responding to the correct person. But after reading some of these posts, I felt compelled to answer some concerns. I am not a pastor or a staff member of McLean Bible Church, I am simply an attendee, and have been, for about 25 years. Since I am an attendee you might think I am "one of them" so you might not get the answer you want, but I hope as you read what I have to say, you will feel my heart is one of sincere concern.

Let me say that I am sorry for any feelings of rejection or isolation or prejudice you may feel about McLean Bible Church. It honestly does not want to give off that impression. It is a bible believing church and one where we all know and feel we are all sinners and are working on trying to live better lives in actions, words and deeds. But we can fall short. We are human.

I can tell you that McLean bible church is very dedicated to the children who attend here. If you were not able to place your child in a children's bible study half way through class, there probably is a good reason. However, We also have a " quiet room" on both sides of the sanctuary for folks with children that are more verbal during sermons. But please do not let one experience keep you from returning.

Now while MBC is such a large church, it does encourage everyone to join small group. Quite frankly, getting to know people and growing there can only be done through small community groups. And believe me, there are plenty available throughout the area. Wash, MD and VA. So I encourage you to give us another shot. We really are just regular humans beings trying to learn the bible, trying to get to know Jesus and Do the best we can.

Posted by: Mark Stephens ()
Date: November 25, 2015 02:59PM

My response to all the whining about whatever Lon Solomon's salary happens to be, and any other spurious complaint is as follows:

SO WHAT?!?!?!

If his salary is one million dollars a year, I think it should be five times that, at least. His preaching, and teaching, is worth its weight in pure gold!

There are well known, televangelists, and other heretics, preaching false Gospels, who make a whole lot more!

That's all.

Posted by: UGGGGGGGGGGGGH ()
Date: November 25, 2015 04:22PM

> If his salary is one million dollars a year, I
> think it should be five times that, at least. His
> preaching, and teaching, is worth its weight in
> pure gold!

It scares me people like you are moving around among us, voting, holding jobs, being respected as adults. You're ignorant. So ignorant you cannot even grasp the vastness of your ignorance.

Posted by: CW ()
Date: January 08, 2016 04:49PM

We are regular members of McLean Bible Church since 2005. We don't worship Lon, we worship Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior. Why does it bother people if we go to McLean Bible Church? If Lon is receiving that much, why does it bother anybody? You did not contribute any? It is our business how much we pay for our pastor! It is our money not yours? If our church is growing it means something?

Posted by: lon suckerTHEM ()
Date: August 11, 2016 07:36PM

You underground losers are just jealous of my fabulous life. The two months vacation I get every year is about what some of you losers get in 8 years, LOL

We won't talk about income, sshhh That is a secret.

Posted by: Goldstein ()
Date: August 12, 2016 12:56AM

This is why you should go to synagogue goyim

Posted by: William moreno The rapist ()
Date: August 12, 2016 01:18AM

kkk
Attachments:
WSH Lax Scholar.jpg

Posted by: Night Caller ()
Date: August 12, 2016 06:38AM

lon suckerTHEM Wrote:
> You underground losers are just jealous of my
> fabulous life. The two months vacation I get every
> year is about what some of you losers get in 8
> years, LOL
>
> We won't talk about income, sshhh That is a
> secret.

No it's not. Become a member if knowing Lon's income is that important to you. He doesn't get paid as much as some of you haters think.

Posted by: Sharky8 ()
Date: August 12, 2016 01:24PM

Goldstein Wrote:
> This is why you should go to synagogue goyim

Actually since Lon is Jewish ought he not keep the Sabbath?
The traditional day of worship set forth by Ha Shem?

The fact that he found Jesus the Messiah shouldn't have changed his position on the Sabbath or the High Holy Days.
Unfortunately Christianity missed the boat on this. Yes One can worship any day of the week, but why ignore the scriptures? The 7th day G-d rested from all his work and set that day apart as HOLY, a day of rest wherein His People should hold a sacred assembly.

Yes we Goyim can go to a synagogue, but the traditional synagogues can't get behond Isaiah 53 or basically pinpoint Jesus' isdentity.

The man Jesus did not decide to pretend he was God or "become" God.
If you want to be intellectually honest about things. would you really want to tell God that HE cannot come into the world as a baby and live as a man?

I'm not going to tell God he can't or didn't do that!

The synagogue is nice, but it is incomplete without the full understanding of the Identity of Jesus (Yeshua) the Messiah who is both God and man.

Goldstein, have you ever visited a Messianic Synagogue? You might be surprised at what you find.

End Rant.

Posted by: Mclean bible church molesting ()
Date: August 12, 2016 09:32PM

They have been covering up sexual assault of children for over 5 years now. Come on you sick fucks.

Posted by: Lon Solomon rape ()
Date: August 12, 2016 09:42PM

Mclean bible church molesting Wrote:
> They have been covering up sexual assault of
> children for over 5 years now. Come on you sick
> fucks.

Not to mention Lon Solomon and his tax evasion. As if his sexual assaults weren't enough.

Posted by: Source? ()
Date: August 12, 2016 09:59PM

> fucks.

I don't doubt it, but do you have a source for this?

Posted by: 6mdnp ()
Date: August 13, 2016 09:37AM

> fucks.

Yeah those fuckheads are sick. Wait until Jesus judges those shitheads.

Posted by: In the DNA ()
Date: August 13, 2016 11:50AM

^^^^^^ all lies. No sexual abuse. No tax evasion. why must haters by liars as well?

Posted by: Yeah that church sucks ()
Date: August 13, 2016 11:53AM

I've been there a few times before unfortunately. Full of creeps.

Posted by: Former Member ()
Date: August 13, 2016 12:58PM

6mdnp Wrote:
> Mclean bible church molesting Wrote:
> -----
> > They have been covering up sexual assault of
> > children for over 5 years now. Come on you
> sick
> > fucks.
>
>
> Yeah those fuckheads are sick. Wait until Jesus
> judges those shitheads.

Tell me about it. Lon Solomon has a very profitable scam going.

Posted by: Sharky8 ()
Date: August 14, 2016 06:57AM

Lon is pretty much a good guy ("a mensch"). I just take issue with him preaching a Sunday day of holy convocation and not the traditional (correct) day which is the 7th day.

Posted by: McLean bible church pedophiles ()
Date: August 26, 2016 02:15PM

Former Member Wrote:
> 6mdnp Wrote:
> -----
> > Mclean bible church molesting Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > They have been covering up sexual assault of
> > > children for over 5 years now. Come on you
> > sick
> > > fucks.
> >
> >
> > Yeah those fuckheads are sick. Wait until
> Jesus
> > judges those shitheads.
>
>
> Tell me about it. Lon Solomon has a very
> profitable scam going.

Yeah too many pedophiles there.

Posted by: JNytW ()
Date: August 26, 2016 02:18PM

McLean bible church pedophiles Wrote:
> Former Member Wrote:
> -----
> > 6mdnp Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Mclean bible church molesting Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > They have been covering up sexual assault
> of
> > > > children for over 5 years now. Come on you
> > > sick
> > > > fucks.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yeah those fuckheads are sick. Wait until
> > Jesus
> > > judges those shitheads.
> >
> >
> > Tell me about it. Lon Solomon has a very
> > profitable scam going.
>
>
> Yeah too many pedophiles there.

Attachments:
elf throne of lies.gif

Posted by: Molested by Lon Solomon ()
Date: August 26, 2016 02:26PM

Sounds like you were molested by Lon as well. It also sounds like you might still attend the church?

Posted by: Walter Cronkite ()
Date: August 26, 2016 09:54PM

Sharky8 Wrote:
> Lon is pretty much a good guy ("a mensch"). I
> just take issue with him preaching a Sunday day of
> holy convocation and not the traditional (correct)
> day which is the 7th day.

Newsflash - God doesn't give a shit about what day of week Lon does his thing. Nor does he insist you walk on Saturdays, avoid pork, or observe any of the other moronic man-made bogus rules that some dickhead invented and claimed came from God.

Posted by: Walter Cronkite ()
Date: August 26, 2016 09:56PM

P.S. I know all this because he told me in a vision a couple years ago.

Posted by: Jim Walker ()
Date: March 06, 2017 11:47AM

Looks like Lon Solomon is stepping down soon:

https://www.mcleanbible.org/blog/letter-lon-solomon

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: March 06, 2017 12:14PM

Jim Walker Wrote:
> Looks like Lon Solomon is stepping down soon:
>
> https://www.mcleanbible.org/blog/letter-lon-solomon

Thats old news

Posted by: Fox News. ()
Date: March 06, 2017 12:17PM

I only know old ass news

Posted by: Golden Parachute ()
Date: March 06, 2017 10:26PM

Lon's a great entertainer. Time for him to sit back and enjoy the millions of dollars he's earned.

Posted by: questionet ()
Date: May 02, 2017 10:42AM

I wonder if the church is reducing Lons salary now that he is voluntarily taking a backseat in the church?

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: May 02, 2017 05:23PM

questionet Wrote:
> I wonder if the church is reducing Lons salary now
> that he is voluntarily taking a backseat in the
> church?

No. He should be getting a raise considering he is the reason the church is the way it is!

https://www.mcleanbible.org/blog/letter-lon-solomon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2017 05:26PM by Fox News.
Attachments:
Screenshot_2017-05-02-17-25-47.png
Screenshot_2017-05-02-17-26-01.png
Screenshot_2017-05-02-17-26-15.png
Screenshot_2017-05-02-17-26-28.png
Screenshot_2017-05-02-17-26-44.png
Screenshot_2017-05-02-17-27-14.png

Pages: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415AllNext
Current Page: 14 of 15

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.