HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Woodson vs Robinson
Posted by: Movingtime ()
Date: March 15, 2013 06:18PM

So its the of year where people are looking to move. What district is it better to move into Robinson or Woodson?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Woodson vs Robinson
Posted by: Sharon Bulova ()
Date: March 16, 2013 08:22AM

Neither. Both have too many intelligent, successful, hardworking families who refuse to live on the dole. Everyone knows that's a recipe for disaster.

Posted by: internetting ()
Date: March 18, 2013 03:53PM

If your kid(s) is/are in high school, Woodson offers AP classes, and Robinson offers IB. Both programs are good, both with some bad teachers and plenty of good ones.

Robinson is getting a new head principal though for 2013-2014, don't really know how that will work out.

Posted by: Been in both ()
Date: March 19, 2013 10:49AM

Had kids at both of them. Am more impressed with Woodson. Robinson is too athlete oriented. Woodson seeems to have a more mature leadership, the smaller size works well.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: March 19, 2013 01:35PM

why not Madison, Mclean, Langley or Oakton? They aint doing too bad either LoLz

Posted by: Robinson ex ()
Date: March 19, 2013 02:31PM

One piece of advice for Robinson, stay as far away from the director of student services Piscatelli, she is an incredible bully. You would expect SS to be the anti-bully people but not at Robinson. And yes it is a place where athletes can do no wrong.

Posted by: Joe Blow ()
Date: March 19, 2013 05:15PM

Woodson was way better until Yost took charge. Now, Robinson is your best bet.

Posted by: Recent Robinson Grad ()
Date: March 19, 2013 05:47PM

If you choose Robinson this is what you will get:
Teachers, Secretaries and Principals who bully students and favor the athletes. Athletics is their top priority at the school and academics without a doubt comes last. The Principal is just a used car salesman and even with his retirement there is no way to reverse the damage done. The faculty disrescpects the students and nobody at the school seems to recognize how screwed up the place has become.

If you choose Woodson you will get:
A principal who cares about the students and was once a teacher as well so he understands each side of the issues that may come about (a teacher, a parent of a student at Woodson as well as a principal). Yost is not afraid to admit when he has teachers that have issues with their abilities to teach their students. He has a meeting once a month (Principal's Coffee) which gives parents the opportunity to voice their concerns or ask questions (nothing is out of bounds and if parents gang up on Yost he does not deny the issues; he investigates them). Sometimes he also takes out his phone and sends the email to whomever the problem is with right in the middle of the meeting.
Academics are their top priority. The faculty respects their students, which in return brings out a better group of students.

At games you will notice Woodson has more respect for the school that they are at and they understand they are respresenting their entire school. Robinson usually leaves the place with trash everywhere and they yell obnoxious and obscene chants at the other team. Respect is not taught at Robinson. Woodson knows what we need out of the next generation and are producing that in their students.

Posted by: Joey Blow ()
Date: March 19, 2013 05:51PM

Mr. Yost, stop posting here.

Look at the national rankings. Robinson is higher. Woodson is free falling.

Posted by: RamAlum ()
Date: March 19, 2013 06:11PM

I never went to Woodson, but most of my friends did and I agree with the Recent Robinson Grad post. I wouldn't look at the national rankings for this. If you have issues with teachers at Robinson don't count on anything being fixed. If you have health issues and you need special help for it, don't count on Robinson helping. My friend had a similar issue with a teacher at Woodson that I had with a teacher at Robinson and my friend got the issue fixed quickly. For me, I had that teacher and other teachers gossiping about my issue and things got worse, not better.
You can count on Woodson to help you in need, not Robinson. That means more to me than anything else.

Posted by: Mikie ()
Date: March 20, 2013 09:16AM

RE: "You can count on Woodson to help you in need".....How many kids need die under Yost? Are you kidding me? He has thrown out so many young men and ruined so many lives.

Posted by: The Story ()
Date: March 20, 2013 09:36AM

Mikie

You do not know the whole story of the young men who died at Woodson. Yost cannot fix what he is not aware of and if someone sells drugs, the consequences are theirs to deal. Sad stries but Woodson admin is working harder than Robinson admin to make student's loves better. I know because I have seen both up close and in my experience it is hard to believe that they are on the same planet let alone a few miles apart. Woodson is just a better place, credit Yost?, credit the smaller size? it just works better. And the students demonstrate it by their behavior. RamAlum and Recent Robinson Grad got it right!

Date: March 20, 2013 10:20AM

Mr. Yost stop posting.

Posted by: Not Mr. Yost ()
Date: March 20, 2013 10:29AM

Can't be Mr. Yost, he is hosting his principal's coffee right now. Another reason why the leadership at Woodson is better than Robinson!

Date: March 20, 2013 10:47AM

Not Mr. Yost: Great Reply! Actually, he could be sipping coffee with his cast of ass kissers bent over a lap top reading this.

Posted by: Robinson ex ()
Date: March 20, 2013 11:12AM

Look Mikie some here obviously think Woodson id better than Robinson in their opinion. You kinda look foolish if you act like anyone who favors Woodson is Mr. Yost. I am sure some people ight actually like Robinson, but not be Dan Meier. And no I am not suggesting you are Meier...even he wouldn't stooop that low.

Date: March 20, 2013 01:48PM

Robinson ex: I look foolish? Has the US New and World Report rankings fallen sice Yost took over? Who is ranked higher now? Robinson. Period. Before he was principle, Woodson was higher. FACT. You are what your record says you are.

Posted by: Academics ()
Date: March 20, 2013 02:17PM

Woodson=intelligent students. Robinson=good athletes. PERIOD!

Date: March 20, 2013 07:15PM

LOWER RATED. PERIOD.

Posted by: Facts please ()
Date: March 20, 2013 08:13PM

So the experience of many students in real life gets trumped by a rating. My only regret is that my older offspring were unlucky enough to graduate from the cesspool that is Robinson, honestly don't care what they are rated, my family's experience is Robinson will mess up your life, no respect for students by administration unless you are the biggest suck up and students are not valued unless they are athletes. Mikie give the rating crap a rest, students and parents see through the crap, Robinson has gone downhill. There is a good reason that ABC news did the cheating segment on 20/20 using Robinson, cheating is widespread and ignored. When my kids reported it, they were put down by the administration. Yah way to go! There is no honor code...among the Robinson admin thieves.

Posted by: katiesmith ()
Date: March 20, 2013 08:15PM

I really don't get how your kids being supposedly put down one time by the administration at their school ruined their lives. And you people do realize it isn't just about the school, it is really about your parenting?

Facts please Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So the experience of many students in real life
> gets trumped by a rating. My only regret is that
> my older offspring were unlucky enough to graduate
> from the cesspool that is Robinson, honestly don't
> care what they are rated, my family's experience
> is Robinson will mess up your life, no respect for
> students by administration unless you are the
> biggest suck up and students are not valued unless
> they are athletes. Mikie give the rating crap a
> rest, students and parents see through the crap,
> Robinson has gone downhill. There is a good reason
> that ABC news did the cheating segment on 20/20
> using Robinson, cheating is widespread and
> ignored. When my kids reported it, they were put
> down by the administration. Yah way to go! There
> is no honor code...among the Robinson admin
> thieves.

Posted by: Truth or Consequences ()
Date: March 21, 2013 08:04AM

katiesmith Wrote:
> I really don't get how your kids being supposedly
> put down one time by the administration at their
> school ruined their lives. And you people do
> realize it isn't just about the school, it is
> really about your parenting?
>

KatieSmith must be a confused individual. Since when does a diehard leftwinger ever promote personal responsibility?

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: March 21, 2013 08:33AM

Truth or Consequences Wrote:

>
> KatieSmith must be a confused individual. Since
> when does a diehard leftwinger ever promote
> personal responsibility?

you've gotta be one butthurt motherf**ker to be able to bring politix wherever you go, lucy-loo

@OP - that question is so damned general theres no way anyone could give you a good answer. What are you looking for in a school? What are yr kids like? Gradewise/Personalitywise. Both those are factors. Maybe you should VISIT the schools before going online and just "throwing it out there" on the interwebz..................that is, if you are SERIOUS about what's best for yr kids, I mean ;)

Posted by: Lisa M ()
Date: March 22, 2013 04:10PM

It's never about the kids in FCPS.

Posted by: Cav ()
Date: March 26, 2013 05:21PM

There is a reason people from Fairfax Station estates go to Woodson because its not ghetto like Robinson.

Posted by: Huh ? ()
Date: March 26, 2013 09:58PM

Maybe Woodson should drop an AP class and have a class that teaches students how a cross walk works. None of the students ever seem to understand when and how to cross 236 at the light by Jerrys in Fair City Mall. All they do is stand on the sidewalk when they are suppossed to cross and it totally ***** up traffic because ( assuming you respect the sign that says " No Turn On Red When Pedestrians Are Present " your sitting forever.

No offense to the Woodson Parents but what good is it when your kid takes enough AP classes to qualify for the first flight to Mars, only to get run down crossing 236 because they can't figure out how a cross walk works ?

Posted by: Woodson back on top ()
Date: July 22, 2015 12:08PM

smh, Woodson is number 3 in the state now. Considering TJ a charter school and Langley being in an extremely wealthy area, I'd say Woodson has the upper hand nowadays. go cavs

Posted by: + ()
Date: July 22, 2015 12:10PM

Woodson: 3rd in the state, 111 in the country
Robinson: not even in the top 10 somewhere in the 300s

Posted by: Don't go to Woodson no more... ()
Date: July 22, 2015 12:51PM

Cav Wrote:
> There is a reason people from Fairfax Station
> estates go to Woodson because its not ghetto like
> Robinson.

D'oh! The carve-out is gone. Fairfax Station kids don't go to Woodson no more...they're down in the mudpits of Robinson now.

Posted by: Retired Teacher ()
Date: July 22, 2015 01:12PM

Robinson vs Woodson?

Choos neither

Mt. Vernon is the best if you want to be prepared for the real world!!!!!

Posted by: Working menial, low-wage jobs ()
Date: July 22, 2015 01:24PM

Retired Teacher Wrote:
> Robinson vs Woodson?
>
> Choos neither
>
> Mt. Vernon is the best if you want to be prepared
> for the real world!!!!!

If by 'prepared', you mean fpr drug deals, knife fights, and working menial, low-wage jobs, then you're right!

Posted by: Retired Teacher ()
Date: July 22, 2015 01:30PM

Working menial, low-wage jobs Wrote:
> Retired Teacher Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Robinson vs Woodson?
> >
> > Choos neither
> >
> > Mt. Vernon is the best if you want to be
> prepared
> > for the real world!!!!!
>
> If by 'prepared', you mean fpr drug deals, knife
> fights, and working menial, low-wage jobs, then
> you're right!

EXACTLY!

Posted by: Rob Plier ()
Date: July 22, 2015 10:48PM

I was a student at W.T.W. when Yost was the assistant principal. I was sort of a troubled youth, and he was always compassionate and helpful. Yost cares about the students and is a good person.

Posted by: FairfaxTone ()
Date: July 23, 2015 02:47AM

Woodson and Robinson are highly ranked. Both currently stand at 60% White, Robinson has Fairfax Station and all of Clifton, giving a great deal of affluence into the school. Woodson is ranked high now but the recent boundary change, gave Woodson a Section 8 development, a trailer park, and tons of apartments. The boundary change gave Robinson an all white affluent community.

Woodson is on the way to become diversity central while Robinson will remain whiteman's land.

Posted by: Shei Bangs ()
Date: July 23, 2015 08:20AM

FairfaxTone Wrote:
> Woodson and Robinson are highly ranked. Both
> currently stand at 60% White, Robinson has Fairfax
> Station and all of Clifton, giving a great deal of
> affluence into the school. Woodson is ranked high
> now but the recent boundary change, gave Woodson a
> Section 8 development, a trailer park, and tons of
> apartments. The boundary change gave Robinson an
> all white affluent community.
>
> Woodson is on the way to become diversity central
> while Robinson will remain whiteman's land.

It's not the whiteness that counts. It's the lack of blacks. Whites and Asians make up 90% of the student body at Woodson and Robinson. That plus another 8% Hispanic means no blacks going apeshit every day. That's why they're both good schools.

Posted by: Nice Guy Eddie ()
Date: July 23, 2015 03:05PM

Google "Woodson suicide".

Posted by: Neither ()
Date: July 23, 2015 10:56PM

Neither. Your kid will be a depressed pothead within six months of attending either of those schools.

Posted by: Robinson 11 ()
Date: July 30, 2015 03:24AM

As a former Robinson grad, I can say that Robinson was a boring school where nothing exciting happened a lot. There weren't too many drop outs in my class, not too many girls got pregnant, and fights broke out maybe 4 or 5 times a year at most, which is decently low. Now if I ever wanted to get laid, Woodson and chantilly girls were usually the ones to find, and they usually had a lot better parties as well. As a male student I would have had more fun at Woodson for sure, as for being a parent, I would say Robinson is a much better choice.

Regardless, both schools are good schools, plenty of kids I know that went to Woodson obviously did fine, didn't do drugs and are on to great things just like the Robinson kids. The main thing is to just be a good parent and teach your kids to not do drugs, and not freak out if you catch them with a little pot so they won't rebel on you.

That's just my 2 cents.

Posted by: PV47M ()
Date: December 04, 2016 07:22AM

Robinson ex Wrote:
> One piece of advice for Robinson, stay as far away
> from the director of student services Piscatelli,
> she is an incredible bully. You would expect SS to
> be the anti-bully people but not at Robinson. And
> yes it is a place where athletes can do no wrong.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.