HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
ADHD med
Posted by: asshhburrn ()
Date: March 15, 2013 06:01AM

I will start my ADHD med this weekend.
Could anyone tell me how it feels when you take it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ADHD med
Posted by: mom of adder ()
Date: March 15, 2013 07:48AM

Honestly, it doesn't matter what anyone else's experience was. The only thing that matters is how it makes you feel. Different meds have different results, all with risks and benefits. Depends on how old you are, what stage of life you are in, and what your goal is. If you really are concerned with improved focus, you will put up with side effects...or maybe you will hate the side effects so much you will look for non-pharmaceutical ways to train your brain. There is no easy answer. Just give it time, remember it can be trial and error, and make sure you have a good doctor who LISTENS to you.

Good luck to you.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: March 15, 2013 08:00AM

This is entirely a subjective experience - just like "What's it like being drunk"

Keep a journal. It will help determine if it is working for you or if you need to adjust the dose.

Posted by: Not a doctor ()
Date: March 15, 2013 08:56AM

Be sure to stay away from any weapons, especially firearms, no matter what the voices tell you.

Posted by: Quasar ()
Date: March 15, 2013 11:58AM

It makes you want to dance.

Posted by: depends ()
Date: March 15, 2013 01:59PM

post the specific drug and dose. Ive been on a variety of them over the past 2 decades. All have pluses and minuses. Many work very well others do not. Overall they should help you with attention issues. The question is at what cost. They helped me a lot in college but to address issues beyond study skills, you really need non-drug solutions such as organization, scheduling and of course therapy if you choose. My opinion is that in adults the drugs are a valuable aid but not a cure.

Posted by: friskydingo ()
Date: March 15, 2013 02:33PM

What are you being prescribed and how old are you?

I used to take Adderall for several years in middle and high school. At first it was awesome, grades went up (they weren't bad to begin with btw), I felt great, more stamina sports wise, quick with a joke, on point, every task was fun, talking to girls was easier. Unfortunately after several years being drugged every school day I started to dislike it a lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2013 02:36PM by friskydingo.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.