HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12
Re: Boosterthon at White Oaks - Sickening
Posted by: Oh my! ()
Date: February 19, 2015 08:47PM

"Do not let a Boosterthon employee whose degree comes from Liberty University teach your child, unless, of course, you think God spoke directly to the late Jerry Falwell. Talk about scary."

Is that what all this controversy is over? The Trapp and Carneal people that are being mentioned...did they/do they work at the daycare? Does the daycare contract out for their staff? I saw on the state website that the daycare has had violations for not background checking their employees Oh my! Makes you wonder who's taking care of your kids.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: you are lunatics ()
Date: February 19, 2015 08:48PM

I think ya'll are losing it with the schools closed all week.

Posted by: people need to know ()
Date: February 19, 2015 08:55PM

I'm reposting this from a previous post because I think parents who care about their kids should see this! I almost enrolled my daughter at this place. No way jose! I'm going to post this on other boards. People need to know. There are a lot of other reviews posted on the previous page from different people. I'm going to post those to if I can figure out how to link to this page. The other reviews aren't my words but I'm going to pass them along so people know to watch out.

We should all re-post to let people know about it

In case anyone is interested here are the links to the state violations for Discovery Learning Center in Dale City:

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/search/cc.cgi?rm=Inspection;Inspection=72317;ID=28954;search_keywords_name=Discovery%20learning;#Violations

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/search/cc.cgi?rm=Inspection;Inspection=70911;ID=28954;search_keywords_name=Discovery%20learning;#Violations

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/search/cc.cgi?rm=Inspection;Inspection=67323;ID=28954;search_keywords_name=Discovery%20learning;#Violations

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/search/cc.cgi?rm=Inspection;Inspection=63119;ID=28954;search_keywords_name=Discovery%20learning;#Violations

That's only a few! Check out many more here:

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/search/cc.cgi?rm=Details;ID=28954;search_keywords_name=Discovery%20learning"

NOT background checking employees, checmicals out where kids can get to them, expired medications and more! Why hasn't this place been shut down yet??!!

Posted by: deaf, dumb, and blind ()
Date: February 19, 2015 08:56PM

Oh my! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Do not let a Boosterthon employee whose degree
> comes from Liberty University teach your child,
> unless, of course, you think God spoke directly to
> the late Jerry Falwell. Talk about scary."
>
> Is that what all this controversy is over? The
> Trapp and Carneal people that are being
> mentioned...did they/do they work at the daycare?
> Does the daycare contract out for their staff? I
> saw on the state website that the daycare has had
> violations for not background checking their
> employees Oh my! Makes you wonder who's taking
> care of your kids.

I can't find a single Boosterthon employee with a Virginia teaching license. It concerns me that FCPS contracts with them to instruct the children.

The theme of this thread is Boosterthon, not daycare, but you are clearly doing the bidding of your masters, Chris Carneal and Brett Trapp. Jimmy Swaggart would be very proud of you.

Posted by: Discovery Learning/Trapp/Carneal ()
Date: February 19, 2015 08:58PM

I'm reading through all of the posts and there is some bad stuff, about Boosterthon and Discovery Learning Center and some Trapp and Carneal fellas. Are they the owners of the daycare? It's hard to tell fact from fiction but I guess once something is posted its there forever. Better safe than sorry. I'm going to avoid the whole lot of people and companies!

Posted by: sweet child in time ()
Date: February 19, 2015 08:59PM

OH NO.

A Virginia license requires an **accredited** degree. Looks like that leaves the undegreed, Logos, and Focus people in something of a spot. Bad news for Boosterthon!

Posted by: No licenses ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:00PM

"I can't find a single Boosterthon employee with a Virginia teaching license. It concerns me that FCPS contracts with them to instruct the children."

So Discovery Learning is contracting with a company that doesn't even hold teaching licenses? Is the daycare even licensed?? Who knows...

Posted by: Valid concern ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:01PM

I also find it surprising that Fcps would turn to using a fundraising company to teach things children should be learning at home or by the example set by the licensed school staff. We never had a fundraising company teach us that kind of stuff when I was growing up and we all did just fine. Mom, Dad, our church, our Scout troop, the school staff. Kids learn by example on a lot of this.

Posted by: you are a fool, Brett Trapp ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:03PM

Where does it say the daycare is contracting with Boosterthon? You and Chris Carneal are pathetic.

Posted by: not licensed??? ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:03PM

""I can't find a single Boosterthon employee with a Virginia teaching license. It concerns me that FCPS contracts with them to instruct the children."

So Discovery Learning is contracting with a company that doesn't even hold teaching licenses? Is the daycare even licensed?? Who knows..."

From the post above, it looks like we need to look into whether this daycare is even licensed

Posted by: oh good Lord please leave ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:06PM

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1792915.html

The daycare people need to go here. ^^^^^

Now people are so mixed up they think the daycare is contracting with Boosterthon.....

Posted by: look to your heart's content ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:06PM

One suspects you'll find the daycare is licensed. That claim, however, cannot be made about many Boosterthon employees. Five years in college, all Brett Trapp has to show for it is a degree in English. Sad, very sad.

Posted by: Discovery Learning ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:10PM

Here's more from the State of VA website about Discovery Learning Center

The first one is scary. Kids are probably eating the peeling paint while they're in the bathroom.

In Bathroom A, there was peeling paint around the three sinks.

Based on review of staff to child ratios one class room was over capacity

(it's cold and flu season so this is bad and it's the law that they have to make sure kids wash their hands)

Based on observation children are not washing hands before and after eating. Evidence In the school age room the children did not wash hands before eating 2. LI asked all the teacher's if they washed the children's hands after snack and they stated they did not.

Based on review of staff records the center failed to have a current background check s and staff were allowed to work without a current check. Evidence: Staff B with a hire date of 9/26/09 was allowed to work with out a current sworn statement and a (CHC) The check expired 9/26/12.

One foot peg on the climbing wall is broken off exposing a bolt

Based on review of four staff records, not all records were complete

Based on review of four staff records, it was determined that the center failed to obtain background checks. Evidence Staff A hired 4/30/14 did not have documentation of a criminal history record report within 30 days of employment.

Posted by: you are lost!!!!!!!! ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:11PM

^^^^^The daycare people need to go here.

Posted by: not licensing employees ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:11PM

"One suspects you'll find the daycare is licensed. That claim, however, cannot be made about many Boosterthon employees. Five years in college, all Brett Trapp has to show for it is a degree in English. Sad, very sad."

Exactly!! and from previous posts this is the company the daycare is contracting with to provide their staff

Posted by: tired of snow days? ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:13PM

Posted by: you are lunatics ()

Date: February 19, 2015 08:48PM

I think ya'll are losing it with the schools closed all week.

Posted by: Carneal and Trapp - LIARS ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:14PM

Now that's a typical Boosterthon value-lying. Nowhere does it say the daycare contracts with Boosterthon. Chris Carneal and Brett Trapp have been reading too many Tim LaHaye sex books lately, it seems-blood not flowing where it should.

Posted by: good night ladies! ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:17PM

I am going to go have a glass of wine and go to bed. I suggest you all do too. And the daycare people now have their own thread.

Posted by: It worked! ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:23PM

Five minutes without a post. I hear corks popping all over the county.

Posted by: Discovery Learning - no thanks ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:24PM

"Nowhere does it say the daycare contracts with Boosterthon."

Read the other posts! People are saying that Discovery Learning Center may or may not be licensed but that they know for sure that Boosterthon employees are not licensed by the state. Other posts are linking the two together. I'm confused but what I do know is that I'm avoiding both of them all together.

I just got done reading almost two pages of posts about state violations at Discovery Learning Center. I and no one else should send their kids there. They are a scam to take your money and not provide a safe environment for your kids. Booster, Discovery or whatever they want to call themselves I'm avoiding both!

Posted by: Why is it still in business ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:30PM

I just found this about Discovery Learning on a completely different message board. Not my words, just copied and pasted. It seems other people already know about the issues at this place

It's overcrowded - My daughter didn't even get a bed. They did a bed share apparently, waiting/hoping that one of the students leaves after this week they said.

Irresponsible care - The infant room is well over 80 degrees.
- Day 2 and they took my 3 month old outside in 48-50 degree weather with only a light sweater on, which was SOAKED with drool and then brought her back inside to sweat. She now has a bad rash that resembles her sweater pattern.

Bad communication - No one there can ever answer any personal questions, "why is her face all red. Did she do anything special today to make her skin so bright red and rashy? Answer: silence and then "she was a good girl today."

Dirty - the infant room is not only over heated but it just feels dirty. cant specifically explain why, but you know that "dirty" feeling when you feel it.

Discovery Learning Center
Posted by: more on Discovery Learning Ctr ()
Date: February 19, 2015 10:49PM

I'm going to get to the bottom of this. People need to know about this place so they don't send their kids there!

Here's things I'm finding on the internet:

The daycare is owned by a poster on this site "NewHorizon" aka Sandra Garity, home address is 14214 Hartwood Ct. Centreville, VA 20121

From what other people are posting, the daycare may or may not be licensed...who knows. Supposedly she contracts with a company called Booster to provide staff for her daycare. People aren't sure whether Booster background checks their employees and Discovery Learning Center has had state violations for not background checking their employees amongst other violations, that can be read on the state website here: http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/search/cc.cgi?rm=Details;ID=28954;search_keywords_name=Discovery%20learning

Booster is owned by some unscrupulous folks named Carneal and Trapp...see this post that I found online: "Many businesses at this address-but as with all of Boosterthon, no local phone number. The number "Tim Kim" lists is an Atlanta phone number. Sorry, Carneal and Trapp, this trick won't work either."

This is all getting pretty scary, but wait there's more! Here are other posts I'm finding online about them:

"NOT background checking employees, checmicals out where kids can get to them, expired medications and more! Why hasn't this place been shut down yet??!!"

(the above comment is a fact! check out the state website and you'll see these violations)

"I can't find a single Boosterthon employee with a Virginia teaching license. It concerns me that FCPS contracts with them to instruct the children."

"So Discovery Learning is contracting with a company that doesn't even hold teaching licenses? Is the daycare even licensed??"

"Interviews with staff revealed that staff A grabbed infant A by the arm while trying to get the infant out between two cribs. The infant was holding onto one of the cribs at the time. Infant A sustained "nursemaid's elbow" as a result of being grabbed. Staff interviews also revealed that staff A roughly handled infants while diapering and putting children in their cribs and used loud voice tones with infants."

I don't know what's going on at this place, but we need to keep looking into it so other people can be warned!

Re: Discovery Learning Center
Posted by: Wrong thread ()
Date: February 20, 2015 06:00AM

Wrong thread.
I don't think the daycare is hiring Boosterthon to teach the children. FCPS is allowing them to teach the children. Daycare people go here--------->>>>>>

Posted by: NewHorizon ()
Date: February 20, 2015 06:17AM

naming names? Wrote:
> Dana Wozny
> dana.wozny@gmail.com
>
> Navy Elementary PTA-refused to release Boosterthon
> contract.
>
> We can all play this game.

I'd be interested in knowing the reason they gave.

But anyway, in the interest of accountability between the school and the PTA, it's possible the school - the entity supported by taxpayers - has a copy of the PTA-Booster contract.

Posted by: go back to bed ()
Date: February 20, 2015 06:32AM

"But anyway, in the interest of accountability between the school and the PTA, it's possible the school - the entity supported by taxpayers - has a copy of the PTA-Booster contract."

Go back to bed and dream on, sister.

Posted by: Hilarious ()
Date: February 20, 2015 08:32AM

Hilarious and absolutely correct...

"You know what's funny...I own a vending company and when I first contract with a school I have a meeting with the Principal and I tell them that there may be some parents that complain about the products in our machines...even though they're healthy. You know what the Principal ALWAYS tells me...literally at EVERY school? "yep there are always those few complainers that complain about everything we do no matter what it is...I could give you the list of those few"

Those "few" are you people!! Bunch of whiners that have nothing better to do than create controversy with everything. You know why your letters and emails are falling on deaf ears at your school and school district? Because they already know there are people like you that no matter what they do, you'll complain anyways. You people create the jokes they tell around the office. They laugh at you because you're rediculous and never satisfied. For those of you that have clickable screen names I can see your post history going back a couple years. All you do is complain. No one cares!"

Posted by: Daycare Danger ()
Date: February 20, 2015 08:38AM

Doesn't her husband work for an airline? Do they know about the violations and dangers at the daycare center?

"I was reading through some of the comments here and the info about NewHorizon's (Sandra Garity's) daycare center called Discovery Learning Center in Dale City, is extremely alarming. I find it troubling that she is posting about looking out for the best interest of the kids yet has had a lot of violations with the State of VA at her daycare center. I checked the links from the previous post and can't believe I almost sent my child here!! If we're all looking out for the kids, I think people need to know this.

Here are some of the violations copied and pasted from the state website:

Based on observation of the child care, it was determined that not all hazardous substances were kept in a locked place. Evidence: In the hallway there was a can of acrylic latex paint labeled with "keep out of reach of children".

Based on review of two medications, it was determined that not all parent authorizations for medication were current. Evidence: Child A's medication authorization form for Albuterol expired on 5/8/14.

Based on review of medication, it was determined that the center failed to follow center's procedures to prevent the use of outdated medication. Evidence: Child A had an expired Epipen dated November 2013 and expired Albuterol dated February 2014. Child B had an expired Epipen dated November 2013

Based on review of four staff records, not all records were completed. Evidence: Staff B hired 1/18/11 was missing documentation of a two or more references before employment.

Based on observation of the classrooms, it was determined that unused electrical outlets were not covered. Evidence: There were two unused electrical outlets uncovered in both junior K classrooms and accessible to children

Based on review of four staff records, it was determined that the center failed to obtain background checks.

Based on review of four staff records, it was determined that the center failed to obtain background checks. Evidence: Staff A hired 4/30/14 did not have documentation of a completed sworn statement before employed.

Based on review of four staff records, it was determined that the center failed to obtain background checks. Evidence Staff A hired 4/30/14 did not have documentation of a criminal history record report within 30 days of employment.

Based on observation r not all hazardous substances were kept in a locked area. Evidence: In the girls bathroom there was one can of Lysol on a shelve accessible to the children.

Based on observation of the class rooms not all hazardous substances were locked. Evidence in room 1 there was glass cleaner, lysol spray and Goo gone were stored in an unlocked cabinet accessible to the children.

Based on review of meditions the center did not have current authorization. Evidence Child A 's parent authorization for medication had expired March 13/2013

Based on review of the escape log there was no escape practice for February 2013

Based on review of staff files the center failed to sign the staff reference checks. Evidence: Staff A with a hire date of 8/29/11, Staff B with a hire date 9/21/09 staff C with a hire date of 1/30/12 did not have the name of person checking references.

Based on review of staff files the center failed to maintain driving records for van drivers. Evidence Staff B with a hire date of 8/29/11 That drives a van, There is on documentation of the staff disclosing any moving traffic violations.

Based on review of staff records the center failed to maintain current background checks. Evidence: Staff A with a hire date of 9/26/09 . Has a sworn statement and a Central registry check (CPS) dated 9/21/09 and it expired 9/21/12.

Based on review of staff records the center failed to have a current background check s and staff were allowed to work without a current check. Evidence: Staff B with a hire date of 9/26/09 was allowed to work with out a current sworn statement and a (CHC) The check expired 9/26/12.

Child A with a Epi-Pen and Allergy medication The long term authorization expired 3/2012. The Epi-Pen expired 4/12. Child B with medications stored at the center. The long term authorization expired 11/25/2011 Child C With medications stored at the center only had a ten day authorization signed by the parent was dated 10/12/2011."

Discivery Learning Center
Posted by: Thx for posting ()
Date: February 20, 2015 09:08AM

Thanks everyone that's been posting about Discovery Learning Center. This is good stuff. Let's see what else we can dig up about the daycare and its unscrupulous owner today. Need to warn the public of the dangers of that place!

Posted by: not for daycare complaints! ()
Date: February 20, 2015 12:49PM

This thread is not about daycare complaints. This is for Boostherthon/PTA/PTO/ FCPS issues. Examples-

You will provide fund raising services for FCPS schools as specified in the contract. The period of the contract is the date of award through June 30, 2014, with three annual renewal options. ***[[[[Please note that this is not an order to proceed. A Purchase Order, which constitutes your notice to proceed, must be issued before services can be rendered.]]]]]

4.1 The Purchasing Agent has the sole responsibility and authority for negotiating, placing and when necessary modifying every contract and purchase order (except for capital construction projects) issued by Fairfax County. In the discharge of these responsibilities, the Purchasing Agent may be assisted by assigned contract administrators. Specifically delegated employees are authorized to order supplies or services, and obligate the government of Fairfax County for indebtedness. ***[[[Any purchase ordered or contract made which is contrary to these provisions and authorities shall be of no effect and void and shall not be binding on the County.]]]

Posted by: not for daycare complaints! ()
Date: February 20, 2015 12:49PM

This thread is not about daycare complaints. This is for Boostherthon/PTA/PTO/ FCPS issues. Examples-

You will provide fund raising services for FCPS schools as specified in the contract. The period of the contract is the date of award through June 30, 2014, with three annual renewal options. ***[[[[Please note that this is not an order to proceed. A Purchase Order, which constitutes your notice to proceed, must be issued before services can be rendered.]]]]]

4.1 The Purchasing Agent has the sole responsibility and authority for negotiating, placing and when necessary modifying every contract and purchase order (except for capital construction projects) issued by Fairfax County. In the discharge of these responsibilities, the Purchasing Agent may be assisted by assigned contract administrators. Specifically delegated employees are authorized to order supplies or services, and obligate the government of Fairfax County for indebtedness. ***[[[Any purchase ordered or contract made which is contrary to these provisions and authorities shall be of no effect and void and shall not be binding on the County.]]]

Posted by: reg5810 ()
Date: February 20, 2015 02:12PM

2. Revenue from cooperative activities, PTA, and booster clubs, involving property or students, must be recorded in the school activity fund records.

Posted by: Boosterthon - EXPOSED ()
Date: February 20, 2015 03:48PM

The "day care center issue" was an attempted diversion. It did not work. The real issue is that things are wrong, no, sorry, seriously wrong with Boosterthon.

There is a complete lack of transparency. The company was founded by an evangelical with aspirations of being some sort of televangelist, and it is operated by a man who not only spent five years to get a degree in English, but he also presided over the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity, which has been banned at many schools for abuses.

Ladies and gentlemen, these individuals, Chris Carneal and Brett Trapp are NOT who you want teaching morals to your children.

The solution is clear. Boosterthon must be banned until the serious problems with it have been rectified.

Discovery Learning Center - dangerous place
Posted by: Discovery Learning Center ()
Date: February 20, 2015 06:42PM

"The "day care center issue" was an attempted diversion. It did not work."

It's not a diversion, it's scary stuff that people need to know beofore they end up sending their kids there. From you saying it was a diversion and didn't work sounds to me like you're an owner or employee of the daycare and trying to cover it all up!

I'm finding other boards online that mention the dangers of this place. Someone is trying to cover it up...

NewHorizon aka Sandra Garity has had numerous state violations at the child care center she owns: Discovery Learning Center in Dale City. They are really bad and some are even dangerous. Would you really want your child in her center? NewHorizon claims to want to protect kids..what about at her own center? Check out the violations on the state website:

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/search/cc.cgi?rm=Inspection;Inspection=72317;ID=28954;search_keywords_name=Discovery%20learning;#Violations

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/search/cc.cgi?rm=Inspection;Inspection=70911;ID=28954;search_keywords_name=Discovery%20learning;#Violations

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/search/cc.cgi?rm=Inspection;Inspection=67323;ID=28954;search_keywords_name=Discovery%20learning;#Violations

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/search/cc.cgi?rm=Inspection;Inspection=63119;ID=28954;search_keywords_name=Discovery%20learning;#Violations

That's only a few! Check out all 10 of them here http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/search/cc.cgi?rm=Details;ID=28954;search_keywords_name=Discovery%20learning

Re: Discovery Learning Center - dangerous place
Posted by: daycare danger ()
Date: February 20, 2015 06:44PM

Thank you for re-posting!! I've been digging deeper into this place and it seems some on this board are trying to cover it up! We will expose this place for what it is!

I was reading through some of the comments here and the info about NewHorizon's (Sandra Garity's) daycare center called Discovery Learning Center in Dale City, is extremely alarming. I find it troubling that she is posting about looking out for the best interest of the kids yet has had a lot of violations with the State of VA at her daycare center. I checked the links from the previous post and can't believe I almost sent my child here!! She's more dangerous to our kids than this Booster company. If we're all looking out for the kids, I think people need to know this.

Posted by: Let the truth be told! ()
Date: February 20, 2015 06:45PM

Here are some of the violations copied and pasted from the state website:

Based on observation of the child care, it was determined that not all hazardous substances were kept in a locked place. Evidence: In the hallway there was a can of acrylic latex paint labeled with "keep out of reach of children".

Based on review of two medications, it was determined that not all parent authorizations for medication were current. Evidence: Child A's medication authorization form for Albuterol expired on 5/8/14.

Based on review of medication, it was determined that the center failed to follow center's procedures to prevent the use of outdated medication. Evidence: Child A had an expired Epipen dated November 2013 and expired Albuterol dated February 2014. Child B had an expired Epipen dated November 2013

Based on review of four staff records, not all records were completed. Evidence: Staff B hired 1/18/11 was missing documentation of a two or more references before employment.

Based on observation of the classrooms, it was determined that unused electrical outlets were not covered. Evidence: There were two unused electrical outlets uncovered in both junior K classrooms and accessible to children

Based on review of four staff records, it was determined that the center failed to obtain background checks.

Based on review of four staff records, it was determined that the center failed to obtain background checks. Evidence: Staff A hired 4/30/14 did not have documentation of a completed sworn statement before employed.

Based on observation r not all hazardous substances were kept in a locked area. Evidence: In the girls bathroom there was one can of Lysol on a shelve accessible to the children.

Based on observation of the class rooms not all hazardous substances were locked. Evidence in room 1 there was glass cleaner, lysol spray and Goo gone were stored in an unlocked cabinet accessible to the children.

Posted by: the cover up ()
Date: February 20, 2015 06:50PM

I think there's definitely a cover up going on. Notice how a few people keep saying, "oh it's a diversion" and so forth? They are trying to create the diversion away from the real dangers at Discovery Learning Center in Dale City and Sandra Garity who owns and runs the place. I found more of the misdeeds online that they're trying to sweep under the rug

Based on review of meditions the center did not have current authorization. Evidence Child A 's parent authorization for medication had expired March 13/2013

Based on review of the escape log there was no escape practice for February 2013

Based on review of staff files the center failed to sign the staff reference checks. Evidence: Staff A with a hire date of 8/29/11, Staff B with a hire date 9/21/09 staff C with a hire date of 1/30/12 did not have the name of person checking references.

Based on review of staff files the center failed to maintain driving records for van drivers. Evidence Staff B with a hire date of 8/29/11 That drives a van, There is on documentation of the staff disclosing any moving traffic violations.

Based on review of staff records the center failed to maintain current background checks. Evidence: Staff A with a hire date of 9/26/09 . Has a sworn statement and a Central registry check (CPS) dated 9/21/09 and it expired 9/21/12.

Posted by: the connection ()
Date: February 20, 2015 06:56PM

""I can't find a single Boosterthon employee with a Virginia teaching license. It concerns me that FCPS contracts with them to instruct the children."

So Discovery Learning is contracting with a company that doesn't even hold teaching licenses? Is the daycare even licensed?? Who knows..."

From the post above, it looks like we need to look into whether this daycare is even licensed and the licensed or non licensed situation with "Booster", the company they supposedly contract with for their daycare staff.

Posted by: Apex? ()
Date: February 20, 2015 07:22PM

I think an Apex person is posting some of the never-ending nonsense.

Posted by: Discovery Learning Center ()
Date: February 20, 2015 07:34PM

Thanks for for the posters that brought this to everyones attention. These are reviews on Yelp about the daycare center:

This place lacks management and direction. The teachers are friendly people and some are hard workers. Unfortunately the school lacks the leadership to take them to the next level. The kids are constantly moved from class to class to meet teacher to student ratios, teachers are constantly being moved from one class to the next leaving the children without a constant teacher to depend on or develop any trust with. Classes are overcrowded and the teachers are overwhelmed by the work loads. The owner is never present, and the teachers are always confused as to what their next assignment is since they get moved from class to class so often. After watching the school decline after a management shift, we moved our kids to a different school.

We decided against allowing our infant son to attend this daycare based on a horrible track record of poor inspections by the state of Virginia. One of the most alarming is the failure to administer background checks on its employees before they are allowed to work in the business. This is just on of many. Below I've made note of the inspection report that made us decide against allowing our son to attend. All of which can be found with numerous other failed inspections for egregious violations.

Posted by: dangerous place ()
Date: February 20, 2015 07:35PM

Thanks all for posting. Great stuff, thats important for the people to know! This was posted on another thread about Discovery Learning Center in Dale City

Interviews with staff revealed that staff A grabbed infant A by the arm while trying to get the infant out between two cribs. The infant was holding onto one of the cribs at the time. Infant A sustained "nursemaid's elbow" as a result of being grabbed. Staff interviews also revealed that staff A roughly handled infants while diapering and putting children in their cribs and used loud voice tones with infants.

Based on a direct observation of the most recent health inspection it was not current. Evidence: The most recent annual date was 10/07/2013.

Posted by: prove it NewHorizon! ()
Date: February 20, 2015 07:42PM

NewHorizon, do you have anything you can post to PROVE you have actually had experience with boosterthon at your kids school? I question your motives. If you want to back up all the things you;re saying, prove you've actually experienced Boosterthon first hand.

Posted by: Arielle Masters ()
Date: February 20, 2015 08:03PM

Arielle Masters, hmmm

Posted by: Boosterthon, Anti-Islam? ()
Date: February 20, 2015 08:25PM

With Boosterthon's undeniable evangelical roots, one has to wonder if they have an anti-Islam agenda.

What is the story with Boosterthon? Why the diversion with the day care center? Why the refusal to release contracts? Why the cryptic website?

Like it or not, FFX CO has a large Muslim population. If the evangelicals want to preach, let them do it in private, Christian schools.

Posted by: America is all about God! ()
Date: February 20, 2015 08:29PM

"Like it or not, FFX CO has a large Muslim population. If the evangelicals want to preach, let them do it in private, Christian schools."

America is by far a majority Christian nation. I will not be ashamed to preach my religion!

Posted by: Let the truth be told! ()
Date: February 20, 2015 08:30PM

This place lacks management and direction. The teachers are friendly people and some are hard workers. Unfortunately the school lacks the leadership to take them to the next level. The kids are constantly moved from class to class to meet teacher to student ratios, teachers are constantly being moved from one class to the next leaving the children without a constant teacher to depend on or develop any trust with. Classes are overcrowded and the teachers are overwhelmed by the work loads. The owner is never present, and the teachers are always confused as to what their next assignment is since they get moved from class to class so often. After watching the school decline after a management shift, we moved our kids to a different school.

Boosterthon
Posted by: Boosterthon employee ()
Date: February 20, 2015 08:35PM

Look around...lots of Fairfax schools love Boosterthon and contine to use them! This comment from an earlier post is so true, I hear the same thing:

"You know what's funny...I own a vending company and when I first contract with a school I have a meeting with the Principal and I tell them that there may be some parents that complain about the products in our machines...even though they're healthy. You know what the Principal ALWAYS tells me...literally at EVERY school? "yep there are always those few complainers that complain about everything we do no matter what it is...I could give you the list of those few"

Those "few" are you people!! Bunch of whiners that have nothing better to do than create controversy with everything. You know why your letters and emails are falling on deaf ears at your school and school district? Because they already know there are people like you that no matter what they do, you'll complain anyways. You people create the jokes they tell around the office. They laugh at you because you're rediculous and never satisfied. All you do is complain. No one cares! Eventually you get ignored by your school and PTA so you come on these message boards where someone will actually lsten to you.

Re: Booster Muslims own daycare
Posted by: Muslims overrun Daycare ()
Date: February 20, 2015 10:59PM

The daycare is run by Muslims?? Or anti-Muslims? We may never know...

Posted by: Daycare taliban ()
Date: February 20, 2015 11:03PM

Do we really want the Taliban teaching our kids? Does the Taliban work for Booster who contacts with the daycare?

Posted by: Daycare drama ()
Date: February 20, 2015 11:07PM

Not sure about all this drama with the daycare but does anyone on here actually have proof that the Taliban work for Booster? That seems a little far fetched to me. I'm not taking any chances with the daycare or the shady company Booster that works with the daycare. The Taliban are scary. Definitely don't want me kids influenced by them

Posted by: That fucking sugar! ()
Date: February 20, 2015 11:30PM

I swear to god I'm going to throw it over the fucking fence!

Posted by: Sugar? ()
Date: February 20, 2015 11:32PM

Taliban eat sugar?

Date: February 21, 2015 07:00AM

prove it NewHorizon! Wrote:
> NewHorizon, do you have anything you can post to
> PROVE you have actually had experience with
> boosterthon at your kids school? I question your
> motives. If you want to back up all the things
> you;re saying, prove you've actually experienced
> Boosterthon first hand.

And then what would actually happen, eh?

And to be fair, shouldn't we also question the motives of those who question/attack NewHorizon?

No, rather than resort to ad hominems, let's let the issues stand (or fall) on their own merits.

Posted by: The daycare booster hoopla ()
Date: February 21, 2015 09:32AM

I think there's definitely a cover up going on.I found more of the misdeeds online that they're trying to sweep under the rug

Date: February 21, 2015 10:24AM

"DC Office" Wrote:
> What is this address then?

If try to find that physical address - 8325 Centreville Rd., you won't find a building. There's nothing between 8317 and 8333. Meanwhile, online phone directories list Booster at 8317:
https://local.yahoo.com/info-171293959-booster-enterprises-manassas
(The phone number shown there is out of service.)

But....

If you look at the building directory INSIDE 8317 - a 3-story building - the sign shows "8325 Booster Enterprises" and, fwiw, "8321 Jack & Lady". I would guess they're both using the USPS Premium Forwarding Service.
https://www.usps.com/business/manage-mail.htm

As for Mr. Tim Kim's Atlanta number - many people move around the country but keep their numbers. His LinkedIn profile indicates he's in Falls Church.

I thought I saw there that Mr. Kim attended a Christian-based school or academy. But now I just see a hole in his educational history between 2003 and 2009. Maybe I was mistaken.

Posted by: fake address? ()
Date: February 21, 2015 10:31AM

So did he put a fake address down on the FCPS contract, or is each office assigned a different number? 8317, 8319, etc.

Posted by: Honest Discussion ()
Date: February 21, 2015 10:49AM

One of the few things I agree with NewHorizon on is her statement above. If you're going to be working in schools people should know exactly who you are. Using fake addresses and pretending you're local if you not, just casts doubt on other things. A company working in schools should be transparent and above reproach in all they do. As far as Booster not being transparent over their contract that's where I disagree. They have a contract with the PTA or school and whatever information about the contracts that the school or PTA chooses to release or not release is between the school/PTA and the parents. That part shouldn't be blamed on Boosterthon

Posted by: Honest Discussion 2 ()
Date: February 21, 2015 03:05PM

Boosterthon needs to be transparent about the people in the company. The issues with Trapp and Carneal are probably just the tip of a rather nasty iceberg. For example, more needs to be learned about the company's relationship with Carneal's Change the World Foundation.

Boosterthon needs to be transparent about its agenda. Sure, it makes money, but what else is it doing? Why does FCPS need to hire them to provide additional teaching services, especially since it seems few, if any, of Boosterthon's employees would be qualified to teach in Virginia?

Boostertoon needs to be transparent about its tactics. Telling boys that they will have to wear dresses and makeup is just plain wrong, as is the notion that getting pledges results in a pass from homework.

You can, and probably will, call me a complainer, but I am also a voter, and, this year, the whole school board is up for re-election. What we need is a board whose eyes have been opened to the problems with Boosterthon.

Posted by: go shovel ()
Date: February 21, 2015 03:31PM

Shut up and go shovel your driveway. My God you are getting on my nerves.

Posted by: Down with Boosterthon! ()
Date: February 21, 2015 03:49PM

Posted by: Conspiracy!? ()
Date: February 21, 2015 03:52PM

I read on the internet that Boosterthon is a front for a secret zombie society. We need to get to the bottom of this people! FCPS is obviously teaming up with Boosterthon to feed them children. Why hasn't this been exposed?? Who's been eating all the children?...I think we know!

Date: February 21, 2015 03:59PM

fake address? Wrote:
> So did he put a fake address down on the FCPS
> contract, or is each office assigned a different
> number? 8317, 8319, etc.

If you send something to 8325 (the street number shown on the contract), my impression (could be wrong) is that USPS will automatically forward it to wherever Booster asked them to. So it's not fake in the sense that you can indeed send stuff to that address and it won't be bounced back to you.

USPS considers 8325 "real", I believe.

8317 is an actual 3-story building with several office suites in it numbered up to about 309. Booster and "Jack & Lady" are listed inside this building with separate street (not suite) numbers. I've never encountered this before. But I think now this setup isn't so unusual for organizations with out-of-state headquarters.

Posted by: you're a hero ()
Date: February 21, 2015 06:46PM

Thanks for investigating this NewHorizon. You are truly the detective hero. You've probably saved lives today.

"If you send something to 8325 (the street number shown on the contract), my impression (could be wrong) is that USPS will automatically forward it to wherever Booster asked them to. So it's not fake in the sense that you can indeed send stuff to that address and it won't be bounced back to you.

USPS considers 8325 "real", I believe.

8317 is an actual 3-story building with several office suites in it numbered up to about 309. Booster and "Jack & Lady" are listed inside this building with separate street (not suite) numbers. I've never encountered this before. But I think now this setup isn't so unusual for organizations with out-of-state headquarters."

Posted by: Detective NewHorizon ()
Date: February 21, 2015 06:51PM

"Thanks for investigating this NewHorizon. You are truly the detective hero. You've probably saved lives today."

Lol thats what I was thinking...NewHorizon = someone with WAY too much time on their hands

Posted by: Bs alarm ()
Date: February 21, 2015 08:01PM

I think the guy put a fake address on the Fcps contract. I think new horizon is on to something big here.

Posted by: Rhonda Registration ()
Date: February 21, 2015 09:00PM

Is Booster LLC properly registered to do business in VA? Would be a scandal if FCPS had not checked this.

Posted by: Who cares? ()
Date: February 22, 2015 01:20AM

Who gives a shit?

Posted by: you'd care if you were smart ()
Date: February 22, 2015 03:00PM

Boosterthon receives massive indirect subsidies from the County. Unless you like paying these college dropout clowns out of your tax dollars, you'd care.

Posted by: Who cares? ()
Date: February 22, 2015 05:53PM

I am smart and I see it how it is. You can spin it any way you want by talking about tax dollars paying teachers while they're at a pep rally. The 10 mins a day the Booster employee is in the classroom whatever. I see it for what it is. It's a fundraiser the brings in a lot for schools and provides an educational program along with it. Anything can be a conspiracy if you spin it the right way. It's a fundraiser, not the antichrist. Get a life.

Posted by: stupid is as stupid does ()
Date: February 22, 2015 06:33PM

10 minutes a day times a week times the number of classes, that gets to be a BIG number, coming out of taxpayers' pockets.

Smart money says "NO" to Boosterthon.

Posted by: Keep on ()
Date: February 23, 2015 01:53AM

I'll bet you all are the same people that don't volunteer at your kids school. You just complain about everything that everyone else does.

You can keep complaining, and keep working yourself up acting like it's some conspiracy theory. Thing is, Boosterthon won't shut down...way too many people like what they offer. But if it makes you happy, keep complaining, and you'll keep getting ignored by your school and PTA that are used to complainers like you.

Posted by: eating lunch with the kids? ()
Date: February 23, 2015 12:23PM

How is it possible that the Boosterthon people are allowed to eat lunch with the kids? Do I have to pull my kids out of lunch too to keep them away? I don't like the company's religious slant. I don't like the way they make fun of the kids who don't get piles of pledges.

Date: February 23, 2015 02:46PM

Honest Debate Wrote:
> In response to your comment about the National PTA
> directive about children not being the primary
> means..., national PTA also endorses doing a fun
> run where kids get pledges so I would be
> interested to get clarification from them on what
> exactly their policy means.

So here's one of my promised updates:
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?2,1687747,1796150,page=2#msg-1796150

Posted by: Nat PTA ()
Date: February 23, 2015 04:18PM

I also contacted National PTA with the exact same question...their reply was, and I quote:

"Thank you for contacting the National PTA. You will need to contact your State PTA as you follow their rules, bylaws and guidelines. If you would provide the state you reside in, I will forward their contact information to you."

I therefore question whether what you wrote is true, or if you made it up to fit your agenda

Posted by: A valid point ()
Date: February 23, 2015 04:29PM

You can create controversy from anything if you try hard enough. Schools do a lot of things during the day. Assemblies, field trips, science fairs, book fair and much more. They don't teach in the classroom 100% of the day. The character and leadership program that Boosterthon offers is just another addition to the educational process, and Boosterthon pays for the entire program and all of the materials out of the percentage they receive. T-shirts for all kids whether they get pledges or not, is a major cost, plus staff pay, character curriculum materials for all kids, race materials and much more.

You can argue that schools already teach character traits, but they also teach science and kids still go on science field trips. Part of instilling certain things in kids is doing it a few different ways. Boosterthon offers something to schools that reinforces positive character traits, they raise a lot of money and they cover all costs out of their percentage.

Date: February 23, 2015 04:45PM

Nat PTA Wrote:
> I also contacted National PTA with the exact same
> question...their reply was, and I quote:
>
> "Thank you for contacting the National PTA. You
> will need to contact your State PTA as you follow
> their rules, bylaws and guidelines. If you would
> provide the state you reside in, I will forward
> their contact information to you."
>
> I therefore question whether what you wrote is
> true, or if you made it up to fit your agenda

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?2,1687747,1796271,page=2#msg-1796271

Posted by: Nat PTA ()
Date: February 23, 2015 05:42PM

I did contact my state PTA and they encourage healthy findraising over other alternatives. They endorse the idea of a fun run to raise money and said it's up to each individual PTA to choose which fundraisers they do

Posted by: She blinded me with science ()
Date: February 23, 2015 08:29PM

A valid point Wrote:
> You can create controversy from anything if you
> try hard enough. Schools do a lot of things during
> the day. Assemblies, field trips, science fairs,
> book fair and much more. They don't teach in the
> classroom 100% of the day. The character and
> leadership program that Boosterthon offers is just
> another addition to the educational process, and
> Boosterthon pays for the entire program and all of
> the materials out of the percentage they receive.
> T-shirts for all kids whether they get pledges or
> not, is a major cost, plus staff pay, character
> curriculum materials for all kids, race materials
> and much more.
>
> You can argue that schools already teach character
> traits, but they also teach science and kids still
> go on science field trips. Part of instilling
> certain things in kids is doing it a few different
> ways. Boosterthon offers something to schools that
> reinforces positive character traits, they raise a
> lot of money and they cover all costs out of their
> percentage.

Try again. Science field trips are part of the school curriculum. The school does not subcontract them to a shady outfit staffed with religious fanatics, fraternity organizers, and college dropouts.

What, also, are the credentials of Boosterthon to develop character? It seems like they might be good at teaching kids how to rush a fraternity and work in a call center-hardly a model for leadership.

Posted by: A valid point ()
Date: February 24, 2015 12:25AM

Your statement is not even worthy of a response. You realize how ridiculous what you wrote sounds don't you? Have you actually had first hand experience with this organization, or are you just repeating the other crazy banter you've read on these message boards?

"Try again. Science field trips are part of the school curriculum. The school does not subcontract them to a shady outfit staffed with religious fanatics, fraternity organizers, and college dropouts.

What, also, are the credentials of Boosterthon to develop character? It seems like they might be good at teaching kids how to rush a fraternity and work in a call center-hardly a model for leadership."

Date: February 24, 2015 06:42AM

A valid point Wrote:
> What, also, are the credentials of Boosterthon to
> develop character? It seems like they might be
> good at teaching kids how to rush a fraternity and
> work in a call center-hardly a model for
> leadership."

What are the credentials of the PTA to develop guidelines to protect our children?
"Children should not be the primary means of soliciting within fundraising activities."
http://www.ptakit.org/Fundraising/Fundraising-and-the-Purpose-of-PTA/Standards-for-PTA-Fundraising.aspx

If we stop using our kids as a primary means of soliciting, yet continue to teach leadership skills during school hours, then I'd count that as progress. OK?

Posted by: sorry no ()
Date: February 24, 2015 02:54PM

We need to stop contracting with Boosterthon. Their people are not qualified. Also, since the schools say they are short on money, let them teach leadership themselves.

Posted by: Complainers ()
Date: February 24, 2015 06:12PM

If I were Boosterthon I honestly wouldn't want to serve schools in your area. You people have been pissing and moaning about Boosterthon for a few years now. Plenty of other school districts in America that seem to love them and NO other school districts have multiple message boards dedicated to people complaining about Boosterthon like FCPS does. Either you just have a really crappy Boosterthon team in your area or you're just a different type of people entirely than what we have in the rest of America. Good grief

Posted by: hope springs eternal ()
Date: February 24, 2015 08:18PM

I for one wish they would withdraw from the region and never return. By the way, crappy and Boosterthon team are the same thing. I do not want these dropouts and graduates of Liberty and Regent anywhere near my kids.

Date: February 24, 2015 09:44PM

Complainers Wrote:
> different type of people entirely than what we
> have in the rest of America. Good grief

Greater DC area: http://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/posts/list/339689.page and http://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/posts/list/412049.page

Richmond: http://www.richmond.com/news/local/education/article_f4ba1b6d-ced8-5966-8755-3a188648e2ad.html

Atlanta: https://fundraisingaps.wordpress.com/parents-testimonials/

Chicago: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-10-25/news/ct-met-boosterthon-20131025_1_boosterthon-fun-run-pta-market-day

And on the Apex side, we have a deleted discussion in Denver. See attachments at:
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1136940/page-5.html#msg-1791084

HTH

"Children should not be the primary means of soliciting within fundraising activities."
"The anticipation of a successful fundraising event should not cloud the judgment of the PTA or be exploited by those outside the PTA who may have something to gain privately."
"And children should never be exploited or used as fundraisers."
National PTA -
http://www.pta.org/mobile/OCArticle.cfm?ItemNumber=4192

" The regular school day schedule should not be disrupted, nor should the children be expected to give up their free time"
" A PTA or PTSA is not a moneymaking or money-raising organization."
" Material aid to the school is not the function of a PTA or PTSA."
VA PTA -
http://www.vapta.org/new-unit-document-package/doc_download/2345-section-04-financial-management.html (PDF)
Boost the Children   

Posted by: Posting all over ()
Date: February 25, 2015 12:11AM

the DC link is just the same few people that are on here.

The Richmond article is one school out of thousands and thousands in America, and in the link you posted there isn't even a story.

The Atlanta link, again one school out of thousands and thousands.

Denver is the same FFU people.

The Chicago article is actually favorable to Boosterthon.

If 1% of a restaurants customers don't like the food, that doesn't make it a terrible restaurant.

If all you can find is 4 schools with complaints out of the 1300 they serve, that's better than a 99% approval rating.

But you and the same few people can keep posting in different places on the Internet, trying to create controversy where none exists. All you're really doing is riling up a few crazy people that look for things to complain about and attach themselves to your banter. On those other sites you even change your screen name so it looks like it's a lot of people complaining. I can tell because something NewHorizon writes is posted word for word on those other sites just under a few different screen names. It's the same rhetoric repeated over and over to the same few people willing to listen. You realize Boosterthon went from serving 900 schools last year to 1300 this year right? People must really hate them lol. Keep wasting your time if you want. You're in the by far less than 1% that don't like them.

Date: February 25, 2015 09:43AM

Posting all over Wrote:
> The Atlanta link, again one school out of
> thousands and thousands.

The APS (Atlanta) comments are no more about one school than the FCPS comments are about one school.

You've thrown some left-field assumptions at the other discussions as well. But OK, taking the restaurant analogy...

If 1% of their customers get food poisoning, should they keep mum about health code violations because 99% of the people who will go there will have nothing to worry about?
(Nevermind that the restaurant deleted critical discussions of it - a "good grief" moment if ever there was one.)

Or how about this analogy: if you see your kid disrespecting somebody, do you allow it because not enough people complain about it?

Not trying to be argumentative - just hoping to show another perspective.

"The anticipation of a successful fundraising event should not cloud the judgment of the PTA or be exploited by those outside the PTA who may have something to gain privately."
National PTA -

" The regular school day schedule should not be disrupted, nor should the children be expected to give up their free time"
VA PTA -
http://www.vapta.org/new-unit-document-package/doc_download/2345-section-04-financial-management.html (PDF)
Boost the Children   

Posted by: Bobby-WO contract! ()
Date: February 25, 2015 02:46PM

This contract was obtained from the school system.
Stenwood PTA refused to release theirs to the school system. Isn't that something.
Attachments:
WOES PTA Boosterton Contract 2013-14 (2).pdf

Date: February 25, 2015 03:20PM

Bobby-WO contract! Wrote:
> This contract was obtained from the school
> system.

Rather than the 48% figure shown here, a newer contract from another school shows a sliding scale ranging from 35% to 70%. (I posted this breakdown earlier.) Meanwhile, in the contract between FCPS and Booster, Attachment A still stipulates 48%.

National PTA -

VA PTA -
Boost the Children   

Posted by: isn't that special? ()
Date: February 25, 2015 03:23PM

WO PTA can enter into a contract guaranteeing access to the school? How?

Stenwood PTA refuses to release contract? What would happen if Stenwood principal refused to let Boosterthon into the school?

Good questions for the school board-I'll be asking.

Thanks for posting this.

Posted by: The big question ()
Date: February 25, 2015 03:37PM

The big question is whether the Stenwood contract can be considered public record or not. This run occurred on school property, during the school day, with the permission of the principal, and using school staff. If this is public record, this is a violation of Virginia foia. Thank you Stenwood PTA for putting the school system in this situation. Thank you Stenwood Elementary for getting the county into this situation. Ms. Reaves said the run was PTA sponsored and it was the PTA's decision whether to release the contract to the school system.

This is sad.

Date: February 25, 2015 03:50PM

The big question Wrote:
> Ms. Reaves said the run was PTA sponsored

Soooo confusing. What am I not getting? The FCPS-Booster contract gives them "school-related" access to the school during the school day - which "PTA sponsored" groups don't have, yes?

Anyway, as a matter of accountability between the school and the PTA, the school would be well-advised to keep their own copy of the PTA-Booster contract. And it's THAT copy, if it exists, which Ms. Reaves ought to be able to access.

Posted by: Murky water ()
Date: February 25, 2015 04:11PM

NewHorizon Wrote:
> The big question Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ms. Reaves said the run was PTA sponsored
>
> Soooo confusing. What am I not getting? The
> FCPS-Booster contract gives them "school-related"
> access to the school during the school day - which
> "PTA sponsored" groups don't have, yes?
>
> Anyway, as a matter of accountability between the
> school and the PTA, the school would be
> well-advised to keep their own copy of the
> PTA-Booster contract. And it's THAT copy, if it
> exists, which Ms. Reaves ought to be able to
> access.

You have every right to be confused because this is totally screwed up. The Fcps contract means nothing since a purchase order was never issued. It is dormant. All it means is that there was a possibility of doing this. It authorizes them to provide services to the schools, but ONLY if the purchase order is in place. It specifically says they can't start providing services under that contract until the PO is generated by specifically authorized personnel. It also says any other agreement or contract entered into can't bind the school system. Only the school system can authorize access to the students and building during the school day. So, they are doing all this w/o an active contract.

I would think that Stenwood PTA contract in its own screwed up way is public record, since it all happened on school property during the school day and the principal ALLOWED access to the building and the children during the time THEY held the ultimate responsiblity for. The school board and system needs to get this straight.

It sounds like Stenwood PTA refused to release the contract they had with Booster to the school system. If this is public record, the school system should be getting a court order on the PTA to release the contract to them to fulfill their obligations under the public records laws.

Date: February 25, 2015 04:17PM

naming names? Wrote:
> Dana Wozny
> dana.wozny@gmail.com
>
> Navy Elementary PTA-refused to release Boosterthon
> contract.
>
> We can all play this game.

Is it you who's playing a game?
Navy has a PTO, not a PTA. OK, maybe that was a typo (maybe). But they're not doing a Boosterthon this year.

Posted by: Bobby ()
Date: February 25, 2015 04:45PM

I did not ask the school system about Navy. Somebody else can do that.

Posted by: I did ask her ()
Date: February 25, 2015 04:53PM

NewHorizon Wrote:
> naming names? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dana Wozny
> > dana.wozny@gmail.com
> >
> > Navy Elementary PTA-refused to release
> Boosterthon
> > contract.
> >
> > We can all play this game.
>
> Is it you who's playing a game?
> Navy has a PTO, not a PTA. OK, maybe that was a
> typo (maybe). But they're not doing a Boosterthon
> this year.

I asked her, she refused. Not a game by any stretch of even the imagination of Brett "Toga" Trapp.

Posted by: Saddle up ()
Date: February 25, 2015 05:08PM

So is somebody going to get to the bottom of this or not?

Posted by: c.i.a.? ()
Date: February 25, 2015 05:23PM

Amazing that they can all mess with our kids and we can't necessarily see the formal terms. You would think this was a three letter agency or something. Oh wait-PTA, PTO are three letters.

Posted by: Sticky wicket ()
Date: February 25, 2015 05:46PM

The $2000 is on top of the 48%. It is non-refundable unless Booster cancels the contract.
The PTA is supposed to obtain any necessary permits. Did they? How?
They can't do any other fundraising at the same time.
The Client is supposed to allow access to school grounds, students, faculty, and staff. How do you do that? The PTA doesn't have the authority to commit all this. The community use arrangement is only available outside of school hours. Was there any kind of written agreement between the school system and the PTA?
They reserve the right to audit all the books for a year.

Posted by: Sticky wicket ()
Date: February 25, 2015 05:51PM

And " White Oaks Elem" is not a PTA. It is a school. The contract should read "White Oaks Elem PTA", then "a PTA" in describing who the Client is. Redundant, but that is the way it is. This whole thing is ridiculous.

Date: February 25, 2015 07:14PM

Saddle up Wrote:
> So is somebody going to get to the bottom of this
> or not?

I didn't really follow if "this" referred to something in particular or Boosterthons in general.

But you needn't wait to read my summary of the National PTA's position - http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1136940/1798181.html#msg-1798181
- and then let your school PTA know that they're out of step with national guidelines. If you need a direct number to a National PTA person, PM me:
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/pm.php?2,page=send

National PTA -

VA PTA -
Boost the Children   

Posted by: good question!?~ ()
Date: February 25, 2015 08:13PM

isn't that special? Wrote:
>
> Stenwood PTA refuses to release contract? What
> would happen if Stenwood principal refused to let
> Boosterthon into the school?
>
>
Now what WOULD happen with that?

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.