HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Another reason Metro sucks
Posted by: JohnnyTooBad ()
Date: March 12, 2013 06:14AM

Having problems parking at Dunn Loring Metro stop?? Well, Metro sold the lot...

The parking lot at Dunn Loring Metro Rail is being developed into two hotels and apartments - since Metro gave a 60 year land lease to JP Morgan to displace and develop the lot. There is still some parking for Metro riders, but it's shrinking daily as construction picks up.

Of course, it's illegal for the construction workers to park there. In spite of that, the lower section of the lot is overridden with workers parking there each day.

Where, oh where, is the law enforcement??.... it has vanished... how could that be? do they know JP Morgan? Last I checked the 99% paid Metro and the police force, not the 1%. Time to clean up the mess that's displacing riders.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9QL9o-DKnk

If they can't or won't manage this, then what will it look like when hotel patrons are overrunning the entire facility?

Non of this is passing the smell test.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another reason Metro sucks
Posted by: Young Curmudgeon ()
Date: March 12, 2013 11:36PM

Metro tends to do what's best for Metro, not what's best for the customer. Hence the "peak of the peak" fare. There are many reasons Metro loses money every time it has a rider. The lackadaisical workforce and poor condition of the equipment (rails, cars, stations, elevators, escalators, etc.) doesn't help the issue in the least.

I used to park at Dunn Loring to go into DC, because it was cheaper than going all the way to Vienna and paying to go into DC. Now I take the bus to West Falls Church . It's been ne of the better decisions I've made while living here.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.