HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Verizon FIOS availability FF Station - Wolf Run Shoals Rd area
Posted by: georgeh ()
Date: March 10, 2013 03:42PM

Hi,

I just moved to the area a couple of months ago and noticed lots of Verizon trucks along the Wolf Run Shoals area between Clifton road and Chapel. They looked like they were installing fiber optic cabling and I asked one of the guys if FIOS was headed out this way and he said it should be available in about a month (this was like 8 weeks ago). I have a utility easement on the side of my property - I can see the fiber is there and there's fresh tire-tracks where a truck has been on the property in the recent past.

Yet when I call Verizon or visit their website it says it isn't available to me. They keep sending me flyers with discounts to get the service, but apparently either their marketing department is ahead of the game, or their customer service hasn't got a clue.

Does anyone along that road or on any of the near-by subdivisions actually have FIOS? I'm just curious if it's really there and their notorious customer service just doesn't have their database up-to-date, or if they're still stringing the lines and haven't hooked anyone up yet. I might have to just get Cox installed 'cause I'm tired of getting the run-around from Verizon.

Thanks,
George

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Verizon FIOS availability FF Station - Wolf Run Shoals Rd area
Posted by: Knower Of Things ()
Date: March 10, 2013 04:34PM

Try going into a Verizon FiOS store and talking to them. There's one in Woodbridge, which if you don't know is over on the other side of the Occoquan River in Prince William County. Or you can call Verizon again and attempt to talk to a real person (good luck with that).

Posted by: georgeh ()
Date: March 10, 2013 06:52PM

Thanks - I'll give that a try. I figured they'd be about as helpful as calling Verizon, but you never know. But if anyone along Wolf Run Shoals actually has FIOS, I'd love the confirmation - that would help when I talked with them. -- Thanks

Posted by: Karen ()
Date: March 10, 2013 07:27PM

My parents just got FIOS yesterday - they live off Clifton Rd ( right at Davis store) on Willowbrook

Posted by: noverizon ()
Date: March 10, 2013 08:44PM

"...but apparently either their marketing department is ahead of the game, or their customer service hasn't got a clue.

That's hilarious. Verizon customer service is an oxymoron!!!

Posted by: Hine Site ()
Date: March 11, 2013 10:21AM

For Verizon, NY to VA, possession of franchising rights is 99% of the equation. Installing is the 1%, since they want to emphasize their wireless business, higher profit margin than costly landline. In other words, go to Cox for land cable.

Posted by: VZ Guy ()
Date: March 11, 2013 10:34AM

It can take a month or more once the fiber cable is placed to get it spliced, and built into the system. I'd just check back in a month or so and see if it is avail.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.