HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
San Vito Closed!
Posted by: Foodie ()
Date: February 27, 2013 10:09AM

San Vito, the Italian restaurant in Kings Park Shopping Center, quietly turned out the lights and locked the doors after many, many years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: San Vito Closed!
Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: February 27, 2013 10:12AM

is that not the same group of people opening up the new joint in clifton? Villagio or something

Posted by: The Champ ()
Date: February 27, 2013 10:19AM

many years? Its barely been 10.

I worked there in HS.
The BOH staff were on top of their game, everyone else was a mess.

Posted by: kevster ()
Date: February 27, 2013 10:22AM

Whats BOH?

San Vito was sliding. Last two times I ate there the meals tasted like average italian fare that could have been made by any large rest. chain. Seems like they had more edge when they first opened. Dang, there used to be a decent wait when they opened. Wasn't it like 5 years ago?

Posted by: Sleepy Holla ()
Date: February 27, 2013 10:26AM

BOH is Back of House-ie:Kitchen...I spent quite a few dimes at SV a few years back...a great Pizza guy and some very cool bartenders...was always solid @2007-2009

Posted by: NovaGirl35 ()
Date: February 27, 2013 12:36PM

That place went downhill fast. Last time I was there they couldn't manage to get 2 pizzas right after a 40 minute wait. The manager was working behind the bar and didn't care about anything going on in the restaurant. Lots of bad reviews on Yelp as well and a string of failed health inspections. It's a shame. That place had a great location and lots of potential customers due to families of the kids at the Tae Kwon Do place needing a quick dinner after class. All they needed to do was make a little effort to serve decent, fresh food and treat customers well.

Posted by: RydellRoad ()
Date: February 27, 2013 12:44PM

Geez! Caught my attention. Thought for a second this was about the one in Centreville. Love that place.

Posted by: Rachel Ray ()
Date: February 27, 2013 01:13PM

1-Quality food.
2-Excellent service.
3-Clean and appealing dining area.

Burke/Fairax restaurants can't seem to hit all 3 bullets and develop a loyal customer base.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: February 27, 2013 01:19PM

Jeeze, I'm surprised there are people around here that can tell the difference between a place like San Vito's and the Olive Garden.

Posted by: B8 ()
Date: February 27, 2013 01:44PM

Good riddance. The place stunk. Mediocre food since opening, lukewarm staff, [could have been a] great environment. And the last time I went to Villa Bella I was really p.o.'d too. Neighborhood restaurant going down hill fast -- after 10 years of loyalty we won't go again. $8 glass of wine. Whadda you think Burke is...McLean?

Posted by: Sven the Squarehead ()
Date: February 27, 2013 03:56PM

Let's not act like San Vito's is a lost local gem.
Service remained in a perpetual delayed state. The quality of their food and the menu prices were inversely proportional...even by typical family restaurant standards, San Vito's was third-rate at best.

Posted by: Same owner as ()
Date: February 28, 2013 03:04PM

An Itailan restaurant was being built where Heart and Hand used to be located. I have not seen any work done in months. Is it a no go?

Posted by: eeshhh ()
Date: March 04, 2013 04:27AM

san vito sucks. the pasta is bland. paninis good tho.

Posted by: Surprised ()
Date: March 04, 2013 06:49AM

I was surprised to see it go. We were just there a month ago..had a decent meal. Nothing fabulous but good enough.

Hopefully whatever goes in there will be a sit down restaurant - not another crappy fast food joint.

Posted by: TANFARM ()
Date: March 04, 2013 08:38AM

Same story as many NOVA places.....at one time there were 3 San Vito eateries....they start out like gangbusters with reasonably decent food and service....the the slide to oblivion.....now all 3 are closed....frankly the one in Chantilly was decent for a month and then collapsed.......

It ain't rocket science....good fresh food, professional service and make your customers WANT to come back....even if the food is mediocre at best ....another fail in a land of failed restaurants ..where do these guys get financing ???......more to come......

Posted by: townhouser ()
Date: October 08, 2013 05:36PM

There's a new restaurant called giardinos in there now. Anyone know if it's the same owner? Tried the food yet?

Posted by: Villa Bella ()
Date: October 08, 2013 06:08PM

It's the same people who own Villa Bella and Paradiso.

Posted by: townhouser ()
Date: October 12, 2013 05:03PM

Villa Bella Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's the same people who own Villa Bella and
> Paradiso.

So is that a good thing or a bad thing? I've never been to either...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.