HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Westfield Lacrosee 2013
Posted by: OKTRUTH ()
Date: February 24, 2013 12:50PM

Westfield HS administration does a complete in justice to it's community.After numerous complaints about its Head Lax coach they made no attempt to interview all the staff from 2012 and judge for themselves that this person should not be coaching at any level. When a complete staff refuses to return there is a problem.Shame on Terri and Tim. This lies at your door step and you chose to look the other way.
Simply interviewing members of last years staff would have been enough to open your eyes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Westfield Lacrosee 2013
Posted by: blame yourself ()
Date: February 24, 2013 02:10PM

You must have been cut the other day I take it. Sorry but the coach there, while he may be gruff aka intensely yelling all the time, he knows the game and has been doing it for 20+ years. How does he interact with players???? He basically tells you the truth and if you don't like it then go run track. He does need help in how to deal with teens better as far as communication and getting the best out of them, but as far as I am concerned the bigger problem lies in Westfield itself as they have constantly run coaches out of town....Malm, Dilley for example and now you want to do the same to Polizzotti. The coaching staff gets diminished because A. The time commitment is very strenuous when you want to put together a championship team, B. People have outside jobs and do not work in the school system which makes it tough to attend practices when it affects your professional job, C. Part of his staff from last year went to other schools to coach at because they teach in those schools so commuting won't be a bear, and D. If you knew anything about lacrosse in this area at all, you would see that his new head assistant is very good and has won a regional title himself in PW county a couple of years ago, new defensive coach just graduated from one of the best D3 lacrosse schools and is a Westfield graduate, new offensive coordinator was a D1 player and was also a local player in HS. Coming on to this website to complain doesn't do any good. Why don't you go to the DSA and talk about it directly and document the meeting if you are that hard up about it. If you have complaints then have documented information regarding why you are doing it and what happened. That is how a grownup or professional adolescent would do it. What you did is bush league. Have fun at track.

Posted by: Vickster ()
Date: February 24, 2013 04:17PM

I am a Westfield supporter and a lacrosse observer. While the coach has had some detractors, other than the gruff personality (that's life folks), my observation is that all of the complaining came from parents whose kids did not play. And, there is nothing new there, always will go on in HS sports. The bigger concern this year is how will the Bulldogs replace alot of key players who were lost to graduation, injury or transfer. Could be a tough year, but dont blame the coach.

Date: March 19, 2013 04:20PM

Every staff member from last year choose not to return. Not for any other reason but the unprofessional attitude of the Head coach! 20+ years means nothing you need to speak with the other schools he had been involved with in the past! The theme is the same.Check back next year and witness how many of today's staff return!

Posted by: LB ()
Date: March 20, 2013 11:08PM

I can't believe this is even a thread. I played under Polizzotti at Lake braddock several years ago. I loved his coaching strategy and style. Yes he was blunt and what some consider harsh, but to me, that's just tough love. It's what makes men. Now that he left LB, they've become soft, lazy, and undisciplined. If you wanted to be babied and told you're god's gift to earth, go play with your mom. From a lacrosse standpoint, dude was smart. He'd eat and sleep lacrosse, figuring the best way to put his team to win. The amazing thing is, he actually is able to coach up players instead of just inheriting one good player. Also if you hate him cause he makes you run, they maybe you should have caught the ball or work on that off stick cradle?

Posted by: Winning Games ()
Date: May 08, 2013 05:41PM

The JV coaches and the other assistant varsity coaches all quit when they heard he became coach the other year. Now I hear he got into a fighting verbal obscenity match with a player the other week? I know some players get video of the whole incident. Sounds pretty unprofessional to me, old guy belittling and shouting curse words at a high schooler? 3-4 hour practices a day and they still don't have a great record? Sounds ineffective to me. The program was pretty good before him.

Date: May 12, 2013 01:20PM

Finally we all hope the big bum gets what he longed deserved an exit door.
Yet another example of his in maturity and further reason for him to never be able to coach kids again. That goes for any sport. It would interesting to hear him explain himself to Westfield admin regarding his latest outburst and video. This is not a 1 off event. His behavior is well documented at every school he hooks up with. Westfield just had turned a blind eye and fell for his line of crap. It is always someone else's fault never his. Who will he blame this time around?

He will now have the time to work his multi-level marketing BS.

What goes around-Comes around!!!

All positive comments on this board have been traced back to his IP address. He makes his own positive posts-Typical!

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: May 12, 2013 05:41PM

The same person is posting all of this. When Polizzotti was hired he brought in his own guys through interviews. Old staffs very rarely stay on at a school when the head coach leaves. The next year I doubt many coaches left because of the head coach, as one poster said, he's been in the region a long time and successful. Coaches often leave for other jobs or realize the $500-1500 is not worth 6 days a week of work, and then to top it off deal with the complaints of parents.

If a kid cursed me out and I was his coach, you bet your ass I would curse him out right back, as I am sure any coach would do. We've all had coaches curse, grow a pair. This thread like most bash the coach threads is absurd.

Posted by: vNtEp ()
Date: December 04, 2016 07:45AM

OKTRUTH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Every staff member from last year choose not to
> return. Not for any other reason but the
> unprofessional attitude of the Head coach! 20+
> years means nothing you need to speak with the
> other schools he had been involved with in the
> past! The theme is the same.Check back next year
> and witness how many of today's staff return!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.