HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Best CheeseSteak in Fairfax Co
Posted by: Santini ()
Date: October 18, 2014 08:12PM

Santini's in McLean has a good Cheese Steak. Also their other subs are all good warmed like the Jersey Boy.

Pizza, not sure about, its OK, but not outstanding.

I have been around McLean for over 13 years, purchased a CheeseSteak from Italian Deli once about 10 years ago, never been back since.

You want good Italian, hit the Italian Store in Arlington, great Pizza and Subs, not sure if they have a CheeseSteak, but everything else is good.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Only the best ()
Date: October 18, 2014 08:30PM

Ooh, ooh, Jerry's...
Attachments:
cheesesteak.jpg

Posted by: Ye Ole Woodson Man ()
Date: November 01, 2014 09:33PM

Mario's In Arlington on Wilson Blvd. Yea Baby! I started going back there now and then about two years ago.I would stop in now and then over the years but not often. 40+ years ago a friend loved that place and we would stop in and get the cheese pizza, back then it was one of a handfull of places to get a slice . It looks about the same inside and out, Red and White with "Hi-Speed" red and white checkered floor tile inside. Basic and simple.

Today I got a "small" 8" "Lefty's Special" cooked up by Lefty with everthing. And it was great! This place is a true NOVA tradition. 3 Greasy Cheesesteak Stars!

Plenty of thick steak and cheese, some onions not too many to crowd out the meat, The sliced cabbage, sweet pickels, mayo and spicy mustard. 8 dollars and something and worth it! A steady flow of customers was in there , it shows who makes a great steak & cheese sub.

Ok The Thread should be In Nova but thats the way it goes.
Attachments:
LeftysSpecial.jpg
YeaBabyLeftysSpecialSteakCheese.jpg

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: November 01, 2014 10:11PM

Love the first pic above -- that cheesesteak is the size of a Buick!

Posted by: Marino ()
Date: November 01, 2014 10:18PM

Thanks for the update about Mario's in Arlington. Did not know Lefty was still there. Been about 30 years since I stopped by after midnight for a late night "sponge".

Read about the Mario's in Merrifield and it is NO way as good as the Original Arlington store.

So yes the store is in Arlington, but because they have a Fairfax location albeit not as good as Arlington it is worth including here in the FFXU

Posted by: Ye Ole Woodson Man ()
Date: January 19, 2015 09:36PM

I gotta say it after much consideration Marios Pizza house on Wilson Blvd Arl.. IS. "The BEST CHEESE STEAK IN NOVA! #1." Fx Co Included.

Got another "Lefty's Special" today. Awesome sub ! Made by 'Lefty". Lefty and Joe have been there for 50 years now! Lefty is on the grill, Joe handles the pizza oven. They were the same guys who made the pizza way back in 1971 when I first went there while in high school. The Chief Circuit judge of Arlington Va. Hon. William Newman recently made the same statement in Washingtonian Magazine saying he's be going there since high school.

And a GREAT BLT Sub for my 86 yr old mother today too!

Great job! Thanks Lefty And Joe ! Hang In There!
Attachments:
leftysspecial.jpg

Date: June 09, 2015 07:55PM

Forgot this thread had a Great Cheesesteak from the BADA BING Food truck as mentioned in this thread . It was excellent 9 dollars. I thought they had a fleet of trucks, I had heard of them in the newspaper also. Nope the same guy with a helper with him one truck.

At the HD party during Rolling Thunder at the Harley Place in Fairfax.

Sounds like a good gig these food trucks but its hard work in summer and a lot of hoops and hassles getting a place to sell. I think in DC they have a lottery system to get a spot for the week, years back it was said the Air and Space place was #1 and you would make 1000 dollars a day there. Va just made the laws a bit easier on em. So more will be out there. The guy said he does parties , that would be a good deal for a day for him.

Date: June 09, 2015 07:56PM

BADA BINGS Cheesesteak ! Great!
Attachments:
BadaBing.jpg

Posted by: TankRizzo ()
Date: June 09, 2015 08:24PM

Formerly Steak and Ice now part of Taylor Gourmet in various locations, including Merrifield is the only place to get a true Cheesesteak.

Posted by: Al's Steakhouse Is #1 ()
Date: June 09, 2015 08:31PM

Thank God nobody mentioned Jersey Mike's slop subs.

Posted by: Taylor Gourmet - Crap in a Wrap ()
Date: June 09, 2015 09:11PM

Formerly Steak and Ice now part of Taylor Gourmet in various locations, including Merrifield is the only place to get a true Cheesesteak.

Not edible - Upon opening the wrapper I laid eyes on the sub. It looked...wet. Really wet. Unacceptably soaked because there's no way this meat made that much juice. I complained to my friend, grumbling "that's no cheesesteak" but he found my lack of faith disturbing. I took a bite.

"Ugh!" I said. "And I thought it looked bad on the outside! No hunger is worth this."

I picked apart my sandwich with a fork. Soggy. Far too much black pepper, as it was about the only thing I could taste.

Posted by: Philly Boy ()
Date: June 09, 2015 09:38PM

Taylor Gourmet - Crap in a Wrap Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Formerly Steak and Ice now part of Taylor Gourmet
> in various locations, including Merrifield is the
> only place to get a true Cheesesteak.
>
> Not edible - Upon opening the wrapper I laid eyes
> on the sub. It looked...wet. Really wet.
> Unacceptably soaked because there's no way this
> meat made that much juice. I complained to my
> friend, grumbling "that's no cheesesteak" but he
> found my lack of faith disturbing. I took a bite.
>
> "Ugh!" I said. "And I thought it looked bad on the
> outside! No hunger is worth this."
>
> I picked apart my sandwich with a fork. Soggy. Far
> too much black pepper, as it was about the only
> thing I could taste.

Was it good or bad? Read what you posted and see if it makes the point of good or bad. Your opening sentence says one thing, but the body of your post is in direct contradiction.

Posted by: Stylize. ()
Date: June 10, 2015 01:04AM

Have-a-bite Fairfax city has an awesome Cheesesteak

Posted by: Donald Debinsky ()
Date: July 22, 2017 05:23PM

I bet I ate 500 cheesesteak subs from Starvin Marvin in the late 70's and early 80's. My first apartment was within walking distance. They were the best I'd ever had until.....I had one recently from Giuseppe's Italian restaurant In Ladysmith Va. Incredible! If you are traveling through from DC to Richmond. Stop in, you won't regret it. Right off I-95 exit #110. I turned on a customer of mine from Philly and he know makes special trips from Stafford to eat them. Said it's the equal of anything he had growing up.

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.