HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Comcast ID theft
Posted by: help needed ()
Date: February 19, 2013 11:57AM

need the advise of the wonderful fairfax underground.

Comcast recently sent me a letter saying an authorized user had been added to my account, when i called comcast they provided no further information other than apologising, giving me the name of the guy, and stating that i can now only access my account via last 4 ss#, and they took this other guy off.

Is this illegal? (on the part of the breacher) obviously with comcast you only need someones account number and they let you in that way.

Comcast also said they have or keep no records of call logs (I call bullshit)

thanks all

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Comcast ID theft
Posted by: Post... ()
Date: February 19, 2013 12:10PM

...his name here. We will take care of the rest.

Date: February 19, 2013 12:14PM

Ryan Furtado

Posted by: Nelly Furtado ()
Date: February 19, 2013 02:23PM

I'm sorry about the way my husband acted. I'm going to hit him with a frying pan when he gets home. I hope that makes up from the trouble he caused you.

Posted by: You're Like a Bird ()
Date: February 19, 2013 02:54PM

Nelly Furtado Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sorry about the way my husband acted. I'm
> going to hit him with a frying pan when he gets
> home. I hope that makes up from the trouble he
> caused you.

IF you knew where your home is.

Posted by: Nellie Fartado ()
Date: February 19, 2013 04:00PM

I am like a bird,
I'll only swim away.
I don't know where my home is,
I don't know what a bird is.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: February 19, 2013 08:32PM

Once added, did he do anything with it? It could have been a mistake. The top of the graduating class rarely ends up doing call center work.

Date: February 20, 2013 02:37PM

yes i am of the opinion it could be a glitch or something. I eventually got through to a supervisor in the customer compliance security whatever division. he was pretty switched on but did say they are always records of a new person added, and in this case there are none, no date when he was added etc. no changes have been made so maybe its just a glitch or prank.

anyway, good news is that all utility companies are the same, a total stranger can call and have your water/gas/electtric/cable shut off / changed, and all they need is you name and address, no social, no password, no account number.

hurray for security and let the pranking begin i guess.

Posted by: georgereese ()
Date: April 11, 2013 12:45AM

It's absurd to steal someone's identity in which some people pretends to be someone else by assuming that person's identity, typically in order to access resources or obtain credit and other benefits in that person's name.The victim can suffer adverse consequences if they are held accountable for the perpetrator's actions. If you are concerned about tax reimbursement burglary, you have good reason to be. It is not terribly uncommon. Learning the best way to fight back against tax refund theft means keeping your personal financial information safe. Here are some ways you can make that take place. It will take a huge installment loan to pay for legal fees while getting everything straightened out.

Posted by: Check with the County ()
Date: April 11, 2013 10:39PM

File a complaint www.fairfaxcounty.gov/consumer

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.