HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Basketball Coach Jason Eldredge
Posted by: HalleBerry ()
Date: February 16, 2013 08:54PM

Anyone know why Jason Eldredge left Freedom High School? I've heard numerous stories and want to hear from someone who knows the real scoop. I heard he was forced to resign and we all know what that means. Someone spill the details!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/13/AR2010041304430.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Basketball Coach Jason Eldredge
Posted by: Nolan2 ()
Date: February 16, 2013 09:06PM

He teeches Spanish too!

Posted by: SpartanKid ()
Date: February 16, 2013 09:09PM

He is now a terrible basketball coach/Spanish teacher. All he does is have parties in his class and everyone knows he can't speak Spanish. He has destroyed the Boys Basketball team - it's the worst team at our school. No one even goes to their games. And he's loud and obnoxious. Thinks he is cool but he is the joke of our entire school.

Posted by: formereagle ()
Date: February 16, 2013 10:09PM

He was suspended for a game his last year at freedom for saying something inappropriate to a player. I know the principal at the time gave him the option of stepping down or being fired. They're wasn't a lot of learning going on in his classes...

Posted by: free dumb ()
Date: February 17, 2013 12:26PM

Eldredge told a girl to win she needed to be the biggest bitch on the court. Loudon has a no tolerance cursing policy so that was it.

So when people talk about him saying something inappropriate stop using your imagination it was just a bad phrase to use considering the school policy.

I'm sure plenty of football coaches have told their kids to be assholes, dicks, or other things while in the heat of battle. And nobody is losing a football job over it.

Winning makes you a target so for whatever reason he was zeroed in on.

Posted by: watching hoops ()
Date: February 17, 2013 12:36PM

To be fair the boys basketball team as WS was already terrible before Eldredge got there.

Posted by: Westfield ()
Date: February 17, 2013 03:02PM

He used to teach/coach at Westfield...I honestly thought he was the biggest joke as a coach, so this doesn't surprise me.

Posted by: Classof10 ()
Date: February 18, 2013 07:23PM

>>He used to teach/coach at Westfield...I honestly thought he was the biggest joke >>as a coach, so this doesn't surprise me.

So Eldredge sucked at Westfield . . goes to Loudoun County and gets forced into resignation . . but then is hired at West Springfield HS? No wonder that school has turned into such a joke. I am baffled by some of the people who are hired at WSHS. Eldredge is just another in a long line of awful teachers/coaches who should not be permitted to work around children. At least they are getting rid of Biddison. Maybe Eldredge will be next on the chopping block!

Posted by: ruining foreign language ()
Date: February 18, 2013 07:59PM

The Spanish department is a wreck at WSHS. I would recommend taking a different language because sooner or later you will get one of the crummy teachers (there is more than just one). There is at least one who is good---the problem is your odds of getting one of these non teachers.

Posted by: Victoria ()
Date: February 18, 2013 08:22PM

Very old news. Complaints about him have been rampant since his arrival. The word is that his focus is on tall,blonde, female girls - not to Spanish. No one seems to care.

Posted by: confused ()
Date: February 19, 2013 12:26AM

Why are people attacking a Spanish teacher who is working his butt off to save a terrible basketball team?

I bet he puts more time and effort into what he does than every last one of the posters including me. So unless you are willing to drop your own name maybe we shouldn't drop his.

Posted by: Yup ()
Date: February 19, 2013 01:31AM

Yea Me. Elderdge is a good teacher and coach, cool too.

Posted by: Mayne ()
Date: February 19, 2013 10:29AM

SpartanKid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He is now a terrible basketball coach/Spanish
> teacher. All he does is have parties in his class
> and everyone knows he can't speak Spanish. He has
> destroyed the Boys Basketball team - it's the
> worst team at our school. No one even goes to
> their games. And he's loud and obnoxious. Thinks
> he is cool but he is the joke of our entire
> school.

The varsity football team at Freedom has never been good, or even average. The wrestling program is apparently decent.

Posted by: re: ()
Date: February 19, 2013 11:31AM

He won a state championship at Loudoun County. He can't be that bad.

Posted by: difference ()
Date: February 19, 2013 01:16PM

He won 2 state championships at Loudon, but that was Girls Basketball, not boys. Huge difference in most aspects of coaching basketball between girls and boys. They need to get some fresh blood in there and overhaul the boys program. DOesn't make sense that other schools in the area have the same type of kids and talent and do much better. Look at Lake Braddock and Robinson. Both much better than West Springfield boys basketball yet most of those kids grow up playing together and against each other.

Don't know what the criteria is for the AD over there to get a decent boys basketball coach. I think he's more of a soccer guy so maybe he just has no clue about basketball?

Posted by: Wake Up ()
Date: February 19, 2013 02:37PM

difference Wrote:
> He won 2 state championships at Loudon, but that
> was Girls Basketball, not boys. Huge difference
> in most aspects of coaching basketball between
> girls and boys. They need to get some fresh blood
> in there and overhaul the boys program. DOesn't
> make sense that other schools in the area have the
> same type of kids and talent and do much better.
> Look at Lake Braddock and Robinson. Both much
> better than West Springfield boys basketball yet
> most of those kids grow up playing together and
> against each other.
>
> Don't know what the criteria is for the AD over
> there to get a decent boys basketball coach. I
> think he's more of a soccer guy so maybe he just
> has no clue about basketball?

I don't know why it should surprise you that better athletes would end up at LB and Robinson. They are bigger schools with many more titles. All WS is known for now is girls BB and sextapes.

Posted by: Tall Blonde ()
Date: February 20, 2013 04:01PM

Hi,

I like him. I'm one of the tall blondes who he is very nice too. Wonder why?

Posted by: Disappointed ()
Date: February 22, 2013 12:17PM

Heard he got job at WS because his father-in-law was friends w/former principal Wardinski. I guess it's true - not what you know, but who you know.

Posted by: Paul Fan ()
Date: February 22, 2013 02:01PM

Once again, Wardinski has the ability to screw things up beyond comprehension!

Posted by: Jet li ()
Date: February 23, 2013 04:39PM

top candidate for WS football based on resumes so far.

Posted by: Yea right ()
Date: February 27, 2013 07:35PM

>>top candidate for WS football based on resumes so far>>

NOBODY would be that stupid to hire him as a football coach. They need someone to rebuild that program and earn the respect/trust of the players who have been destroyed by Biddison. Eldredge has ruined basketball and would do the same to football. Making him a football coach would be a colossal mistake. Never gonna happen.

Posted by: Voice ()
Date: February 27, 2013 09:41PM

People don't know how hard Eldredge works. The basketball team works out year round and has brought the fanbase back to the boys games. They don't have the same amount of talent in the population that Lake Braddock and Robinson do because they are a smaller school. But he has reenergized the basketball program and it will show in the 13-14 season.

Posted by: Uumm ()
Date: February 27, 2013 09:46PM

He is a HORRIABLE spanish teacher.. He does actually know how to speak spanish but all what we talk about is basketball and rumors.. Never teaches he gives SO many life lecturez!

Posted by: West Springfield student ()
Date: February 27, 2013 11:05PM

If you don't know Eldredge personally how can you voice your own opinion about him? He may not be the bet guy but he works harder then any of you^^ and doesn't show extra care to "tall blondes"? The fact is that his work will show next year when the boys bball team goes off on a run. The fan base at all of the wshs boy's games is always packed and this will continue into next year..

Posted by: Fly on the ceiling ()
Date: February 28, 2013 01:08AM

Thank goodness West Springfield has Coach Eldredge. He's turning around the program. The Friday night crowds this season were the biggest in several years. Exciting games. Almost pulled off a pair of upsets. The gym was a-rockin'. The JV team had its best record in years. Good times await.

Posted by: alum ()
Date: February 28, 2013 07:49AM

I remember when the students only went to the girls games. Even when the boys were home and girls played away. The student support now for the boys is saying something about Coach Eldredge. Congrats to Jason for helping turn around a program that really needed it.

Posted by: Bball Fan ()
Date: February 28, 2013 08:03AM

I went to a WS game this past year and you'd have thought it was a scrimmage or freshman game since the gym was practically empty. There were more fans from the visiting side than the WS side. I admit that's only 1 game but it certainly didn't look like a lot of students were there. Maybe he will get it going next year.

Posted by: WS mom ()
Date: March 03, 2013 03:29AM

I heard it is officially his new job. He will coach both teams- basketball and football. This news is fresh

Posted by: patience ()
Date: March 03, 2013 04:47PM

I hope everyone gives him a chance and waits at least a year or two before getting too judgemental.
While he was 12-38 as a defensive co-ordinator at Freedom, please remember they played way bigger schools and would have maybe won less with worse coaches.
So pretty much the same situation as West Springfield basketball.
There is no quick fix. The kids will follow him to the ends of the Earth and that's all that matters in the end.

Posted by: wsalum480 ()
Date: March 03, 2013 05:22PM

West Springfield Football has just turned into a bigger freaking joke that it already was. So glad I graduated. That school is going downhill and fast. Mr. Eldredge is an incompetent buffoon. I had him for Spanish and despised him. His coaching record is terrible. Check the facts.

Posted by: patience ()
Date: March 03, 2013 06:22PM

has it been a year or two already?

Posted by: Uhhh, Yeah ()
Date: March 04, 2013 11:52AM

Uumm Wrote:
> He is a HORRIABLE spanish teacher.. He does
> actually know how to speak spanish but all what we
> talk about is basketball and rumors.. Never
> teaches he gives SO many life lecturez!

Don't know which game you were at, but it was not a WSHS boys basketball game. Attendance is not good in an already very small gym.

Posted by: Pardon the Honest Interruption ()
Date: March 04, 2013 12:04PM

Fly on the ceiling Wrote:
> Thank goodness West Springfield has Coach
> Eldredge. He's turning around the program. The
> Friday night crowds this season were the biggest
> in several years. Exciting games. Almost pulled
> off a pair of upsets. The gym was a-rockin'. The
> JV team had its best record in years. Good times
> await.

Like someone earlier said, look at the facts. His record as follows:
2010-2011 3 wins, 18 losses
2011-2012 7 wins, 16 losses
2012-2013 4 wins, 19 losses

He is going backwards. Most losses in all three years this past season. They were awful. Don't know which Friday night games you are talking about being 'a-rockin' but most looked like fans at a freshman or jv game. And if you look at their rosters from top to bottom, they got nothing.

Best JV record in years at 7-9 with 6 juniors playing for them??? Are you kidding me? If you got 6 juniors playing for your jv team, they shouldn't lose.

The only good thing they got going is their post player, Cronin who is decent, and some okay shooters in a couple of their guards. HS ball is very hard to be successful living and (usually) dying by the Three point shot.

If this guy takes over Football next, they might as well cancel two of the school's largest sports programs because the end product will look worse than a dirty diaper mixed with burnt Indian food. You get what I'm saying.

Posted by: JustaCoach ()
Date: March 04, 2013 12:13PM

I coached with Eldredge when he was at Westfield...some real info:

1. He knows very little about football and had little impact on our football program when he was here.

2. He is not qualified to be a varsity head football coach and WS would be making a big mistake if they hired him to try to rebuild their football program. I can't imagine that there are not other better candidates who have applied.

3. At Freedom he may have coached football 1 or 2 years for Coach McIntyre...I think DBs. If he was a Def coordinator there, at most it was for 1 year. If anyone really cares to find out they can call or email Coach McIntyre - he is currently coaching at Loudoun Valley High School.

4. He is a knowledgeable basketball coach.

5. He works hard as a basketball coach.

6. He won 2 AA VA state titles in girls basketball at Freedom primarily because he had 3 D-1 players land at Freedom at the same time. They also had a few good supporting players which was more than enough to win in basketball. I watched maybe five of their games when Eldredge coached - some at VCU in the state semis/finals and when they played in the Bulldog Bash at Westfield. They were exciting to watch due to their individual talent and Eldredge always put on a "show" himself - trying to fire up the crowd, get after officials, etc.

7. He was a History/Social Studies teacher at Freedom.

8. The Freedom principal, was a marginal supporter of school sports. She did not care for how Eldredge performed in the classroom or during games as a coach. To her credit, she did not give him a "pass" because his teams were winning and give him the opportunity to resign. He took it.

9. There were rumors that he was too friendly with some of the girls but nothing was ever substantiated and if there was any merit to it I am sure the Freedom principal would have either fired him outright (not giving the step down option) and/or would have shared info with WS to prevent his hiring there. BTW, most people would be surprised at how many male HS coaches that there are rumors like this about out there...most are just that.

10. He got his job at WS with some help from his father-in-law, but 2 VA state championships in girls basketball is a legit resume item regardless if you are applying for a girls or boys basketball head position.

11. WS boys basketball results have continued at the same level as before Eldredge took over 3 years ago. Its hard to say that anyone else would have gotten better results during this period.

12. If you care about the WS football program, you probably want to say your piece soon to the administration if he is seriously being considered for the HC position - I know the interviews are scheduled for this Wednesday, March 6th.

Posted by: justacoach? ()
Date: March 04, 2013 07:07PM

you aren't lindsey ott, you aren't keating, you aren't shannon, you aren't callas, you aren't verbanic, you aren't simmons, I'm guessing you're the big Freshmen Defensive coach?

I'm sure the county wants your input into why they should or shouldn't hire someone you haven't worked with in 7 years.

Give it two years but West Springfield might be the loudest place in the entire metro area on Friday nights.

Posted by: chester ()
Date: March 04, 2013 07:10PM

He called everyone into the locker rooms and he performed weekly cancer inspections of my genitals.

Posted by: justacoach? ()
Date: March 04, 2013 07:17PM

And you are still alive aren't you?

Posted by: Spike ()
Date: March 04, 2013 11:00PM

Eldredge has done a good job with what he's had. He knocked off South County this season -- the same team that finished as the runner up in the Patriot District tournament. As the buzzer sounded, students rushed the floor. Looked like UVa-Duke the other night. Sheer joy. Ectasy. People hugging one another. Swirling around. Incredible sight.

Yeah, the crowds on Tuesday nights stunk. But unfortunately, most of the games this season were during the week. On the few Friday nights at home, the gym was almost packed. And the team responded by coming within a whisker of almost knocking off T.C. and Lake Braddock.

Things are looking up. The freshmen and JV teams both won more games this season than any frosh/JV squads in a long time. The JV squad beat T.C. Williams at T.C. No small feat. Sure, they didn't go undefeated or even post winning records. But they are laying the foundation for quality varsity teams in the years ahead.

Why did West Sringfield's baseball team win the state championship two years ago. And why did the Lady Spartans advance to the state tournament in the not-to-distant past? Well, it certainly didn't hurt that both teams had a player or two who went on to play Division I in college. Great players make great coaches. The basketball team should be pretty good next season. It'll be an exciting year.

Posted by: Doh! ()
Date: March 05, 2013 08:20AM

Yeah, but can he send out tweets about sexual relations with the entire region and the refs? I think not, he needs to talk to the MV girls' coach.

Date: March 05, 2013 11:40AM

BTW, I have no real interest in the WS football (or basketball) program, I just have worked with Jason in the past and pay attention to what is going on in the NR.

I doubt the County would ask for my opinion on a HC hiring, but if they did I would give it to them. Like you, I am just posting my thoughts on a public forum because I think I have some real information that might correct or clarify some things that others posted about Jason.

I am sure he has developed since I worked with him, although he hasn't coached football for a number of years. For what it is worth, I think he should be allowed to continue coaching the BBall team for a couple more years to see if his methods plus some of the younger kids in the freshmen and jv programs can combine into a successful program. I just don't think he is qualified to be the varsity football HC (at any NR school).

If the admin likes him and/or his coaching style then they should encourage him to be an assistant coach in the football program, possibly working with the freshmen team. In that role he can help the football program and identify potential athletes/players to help with the basketball program (and vice versa, I guess).

Posted by: FootballMom ()
Date: March 09, 2013 07:22PM

The end of Spartan football as we know it! While many people were not a fan of Biddison, even he has more respect than Mr. Eldredge. I refuse to believe there were not more qualified candidates for this position. Is this a way to save him from being fired, since he is known to be one of the worst teachers?

Posted by: worst mom ()
Date: March 10, 2013 10:35PM

I'd get fired too if I had to teach kids you raised.

Date: March 11, 2013 11:55AM

Last week's school closing for weather moved the West Springfield HS football HC interviews (Part II) to Tuesday, March 12.

Posted by: what if... ()
Date: March 11, 2013 08:17PM

JustaCoach is actually Coach E?

Date: March 12, 2013 01:46PM

Haha - you got me. I was using reverse logic above when I suggested that I am not qualified to be a head football coach.

Posted by: reggie ()
Date: March 12, 2013 10:44PM

Why would you admit it?

Posted by: Steve Irwin ()
Date: March 13, 2013 12:41AM

This loser used to work at Outback Steakhouse in Vienna. I remember him creeping on the hostesses.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: March 13, 2013 09:36PM

Pardon the Honest Interruption Wrote:
> Fly on the ceiling Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thank goodness West Springfield has Coach
> > Eldredge. He's turning around the program. The
> > Friday night crowds this season were the
> biggest
> > in several years. Exciting games. Almost
> pulled
> > off a pair of upsets. The gym was a-rockin'.
> The
> > JV team had its best record in years. Good
> times
> > await.
>
>
> Like someone earlier said, look at the facts. His
> record as follows:
> 2010-2011 3 wins, 18 losses
> 2011-2012 7 wins, 16 losses
> 2012-2013 4 wins, 19 losses
>
> He is going backwards. Most losses in all three
> years this past season. They were awful. Don't
> know which Friday night games you are talking
> about being 'a-rockin' but most looked like fans
> at a freshman or jv game. And if you look at
> their rosters from top to bottom, they got
> nothing.
>
> Best JV record in years at 7-9 with 6 juniors
> playing for them??? Are you kidding me? If you
> got 6 juniors playing for your jv team, they
> shouldn't lose.
>
> The only good thing they got going is their post
> player, Cronin who is decent, and some okay
> shooters in a couple of their guards. HS ball is
> very hard to be successful living and (usually)
> dying by the Three point shot.
>
> If this guy takes over Football next, they might
> as well cancel two of the school's largest sports
> programs because the end product will look worse
> than a dirty diaper mixed with burnt Indian food.
> You get what I'm saying.

Enough said. That is real bad. Coaches should get 3 years and then be evaluated. He has had his 3 years.

JV records are meaningless, so don't know why we're talking about a competitive jv team. Smaller schools usually send talent up quicker and their jv teams are supposed to be average at best. Bigger schools like Westfield, Robinson, Chantilly dominate jv because they have far more depth. JV and fresh are all about developing players not winning, in fact their records are meaningless, who the hell cares?

West Springfield will be better next year, but hard not to be after a 4 win season. It doesn't change the fact that this guy is crazy and belittles his players any chance he gets. Sure he is a hard worker, but most programs do year round conditioning and offseason leagues.

Posted by: result? ()
Date: March 14, 2013 11:40PM

anyone chosen as HC for WS football yet?
I heard they are getting the old coach from Robinson.

Posted by: West Sf football coming back ()
Date: March 23, 2013 06:41PM

Jason Eldregde is the new wshs fb coach, bout to get to work!

Posted by: Bill Gibson ()
Date: April 04, 2013 12:33PM

Who are the assistants? Will he round up the old Western Albemarle crowd?

Posted by: LMAO ()
Date: April 28, 2013 07:19PM

Eldrege is a loser.

I have no idea why or how he teaches spanish at WS, he is a terrible teacher that only has approval from students because he boats one of the "joke" classes where u can go in his room and chill and not do shit.

Pretty much the only reason students don't hate him is because he has sacrificed his academic subjectivity in order to be "popular" among them, and secure his positon at WSHS.

He has a knack of rubbing people the wrong way. His behavior at Freedom ultimately led to his dismissal there. Upon arriving at WS, he angered many with the choosing of his basketball team and calling out the student body for "not having enough spirt" (even though WS has one of the worst bball teams in NOVA).

I'm not saying that WSHS basketball is going to be fixed anytime soon, but Eldrege is doing a lot more harm than help to this school. He is a joke to put it lightly. If you have ever seen him coach or just talked to him, you would probably think he is a deranged lunatic who needs a tranquilizer shot.

Hiring him as the football coach is yet another dumb decision by the WS athletic office. Although he does have experience playing collegiately, he simply is not an accomplished, knowledgable coach who can build and sustain a winning program.

Muir and the rest of the idiots at my alma mater have taken full gulps of the Eldrege Kool-Aid. I cannot remember anybody coaching 2 major sports at a 2500 student high school in FAirfax County...because it isn't supposed to happen.

Dedicating all his time to either program would still leave both programs in shambles, but the fact that he will try to do both will be to the detriment of everybody involved in the teams.

I honestly feel bad for the kids who will play underneath this guy because he is an idiot and has no idea what he is doing. Getting rid of Biddison was the right call, but hiring this retard is taking 10 steps backward.

Posted by: played for eldredge ()
Date: October 29, 2013 08:48AM

Look i played for him for the past 3 years and trust me its not all his fault all the other schools have commitment and dedication to work hard we only have a few kids at WS if we all listened to eldredge then we'd be a good team all around.

Posted by: slubdawg ()
Date: October 29, 2013 12:38PM

Classof10 Wrote:
> >>He used to teach/coach at Westfield...I honestly
> thought he was the biggest joke >>as a coach, so
> this doesn't surprise me.
>
> So Eldredge sucked at Westfield . . goes to
> Loudoun County and gets forced into resignation .
> . but then is hired at West Springfield HS? No
> wonder that school has turned into such a joke. I
> am baffled by some of the people who are hired at
> WSHS. Eldredge is just another in a long line of
> awful teachers/coaches who should not be permitted
> to work around children. At least they are getting
> rid of Biddison. Maybe Eldredge will be next on
> the chopping block!

Wasnot it Wardinski's idea to hire him in the first place?

Posted by: ZeB144 ()
Date: October 29, 2013 10:59PM

Wardinski's been gone for two years. Greenfelder and Muir hired Eldredge to be the head football coach. Wonder how embarrassed they are to sit at every football game while WS gets crushed by almost every other school in the county? Nice hire, boys.

Posted by: WS Spartan Fan ()
Date: October 30, 2013 12:11AM

Greenfelder had nothing to do with the hire, principals rarely do, plus he knows nothing about football which isn't a bad thing.

Posted by: Spartan Observer ()
Date: October 30, 2013 07:12AM

ZeB144 Wrote:
> Wardinski's been gone for two years. Greenfelder
> and Muir hired Eldredge to be the head football
> coach. Wonder how embarrassed they are to sit at
> every football game while WS gets crushed by
> almost every other school in the county? Nice
> hire, boys.

I know, just trying to resurrect bashing Wardinski, which he so richly deserves!!!!! LOL

Posted by: Aj!3jf ()
Date: November 02, 2013 10:03AM

Well then carry on Spartan Observer, lol

Posted by: WS Sports ()
Date: November 05, 2013 09:55PM

Obviously you all do not know much about high school sports. Winning and losing is not that important. It is about the life lessons learned through them. A great coach will make you a better person off the field or court and thats exactly what Eldredge did. He teaches you how to be a hard worker, how to be a dedicated teammate, and how to be a leader. He did what he could with the talent he had and this is coming from a former player. We were not a very talented group and he led us to one of WS most competitive seasons in the past 5 years (The 2011-12 Season). I have the utmost respect for Eldredge. He is a great man and coach

Posted by: SibHuskyMom ()
Date: February 11, 2014 05:08PM

I knew him when he worked for Arlington County Government. He was a DOG. I guess he hasn't changed much.

Posted by: Balla ()
Date: May 08, 2014 08:08PM

West Springfield just hired a new boys basketball coach. Eldredge decided to stick with football; couldn't do both sports.Anyone ever hear of Durmia Marshall, who's been at Woodson as an assistant coach for a while?

Posted by: Balla ()
Date: May 08, 2014 08:08PM

West Springfield just hired a new boys basketball coach. Eldredge decided to stick with football; couldn't do both sports.Anyone ever hear of Durmia Marshall, who's been at Woodson as an assistant coach for a while?

Posted by: FuckEldrege ()
Date: May 21, 2014 02:02PM

Honestly, it's a shame Eldrege decided to stick with football. He lead the team to a 3-7 season. Won't do much better next year. He cares a lot more about having the school like him than being successful. If it were up to me, West Springfield would have ran him out of time after his first year.

Posted by: WSHS Spartan ()
Date: May 21, 2014 05:31PM

I know a girl who went to ask him a question and he slapped her on her inner bare thigh (she was apparently wearing shorts, kind of makes it even worse). I had him as a teacher for Spanish 2 and actually lost Spanish speaking skills. He taught some days, but he usually just talked about basketball or life in general. He also let people in our class cheat freely. Passionate about basketball, but an asshole overall.

Posted by: WsSpartan ()
Date: May 21, 2014 10:30PM

Balla Wrote:
> West Springfield just hired a new boys basketball
> coach. Eldredge decided to stick with football;
> couldn't do both sports.Anyone ever hear of Durmia
> Marshall, who's been at Woodson as an assistant
> coach for a while?

This is the coach who served as an acting head coach a couple years ago, got into an argument with the team's best player, benched him, and cost Woodson their season isn't it? Stubborn and I don't think a lot of guys from that team forgot, especially the seniors.

I'm sure he's been long around enough though to bring something to the table. It's not hard to be an upgrade though.

Posted by: SW123 ()
Date: May 22, 2014 07:22PM

He is an incompetent buffoon who should have been fired years ago. Why does he still have a job at WSHS? He is a terrible teacher and a loser coach. He is a joke in the school. The kids, parents, and faculty know it.

Posted by: David Ashton ()
Date: November 21, 2014 10:27AM

@JustaCoach I think it would be better if you just kept your mouth shut about issues that don't concern you. Especially since you don't have the guts to back up your statements with your real name. What good do your opinions do beyond adding criticism to an individual trying to do his best?

My name is David Ashton. I played varsity football at Westfield. Two of my younger brothers played sports at Freedom. I'm not in any position to say who is or is not qualified for a position, but I can tell you that Coach Eldridge genuinely cares about his players beyond the playing field. There are a lot of coaches from Westfield, some of them successful, who I can't say that for. My grandfather, George Versprille, coached football and track in Virginia Beach for 38 years. He wasn't the most successful coach in Va Beach history, but he certainly was passionate about what he did and he certainly cared about impacting people's lives. When he passed in 1999, he had one of the largest funeral turnouts in Va Beach history. I mention this because you seemed to be focused on Coach Eldridge's "qualifications" and coaching record instead of his heart. There are a lot of great coaches with losing records and a lot of bad coaches with good records - you know that so much of a coaches "success" at the HS level depends on the talent pool. I will add that the administration at Freedom never has and still largely doesn't support their athletic programs. Look at the success of their athletic teams across the board. Just food for thought.

From a player who has been there, it's the coaches who had heart that I remember and appreciate. You may call yourself a "Coach" but I can tell from your comments that you seem to be missing the point of what coaching is all about. Maybe it's good you didn't say your name, chances are nobody remembers you anyway.

PS - West Springfield football is 9-2 and in the second round of the playoffs.

Posted by: DanKnows ()
Date: December 14, 2016 05:54PM

Yeah, all that's true but even though Wardinski is a do nothing office drone at Gatehouse, he, Wardinski, is still a complete and total buffoon. Did you know,he coached JV basketball at Marshall? Students and players there thought he was a complete,tee idiot!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.