HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Terry McAuliffe Returns to Virginia
Posted by: McAuliffe for Governor 2013 ()
Date: February 07, 2013 10:29PM

This Saturday February 9th is Terry McAuliffe's birthday, and Terry will be celebrating with the grand opening of a new campaign office!

Here are the details:

Terry McAuliffe for Governor Office Opening
Saturday, February 9th, 2013
3:00 to 5:00 pm
1601 N. Kent Street, Suite 100
Arlington, VA 22209 (map)

Street parking will be limited. We encourage you to carpool or take the Metro (Rosslyn Station).

Join other local supporters in wishing Terry a Happy Birthday and come see the campaign's new office! Feel free to bring snacks and drinks to share. Terry and his staff look forward to seeing you there!

For questions, contact Robert Scott, Regional Field Director at robert@terrymcauliffe.com.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Terry McAuliffe Returns to Virginia
Posted by: 72109470174031 ()
Date: February 07, 2013 10:36PM

Neither this clown, nor the current attorney general, have any business being elected dog catcher, much less the Governor of this great Commonwealth.

Posted by: Bad Year for VA ()
Date: February 07, 2013 10:50PM

Concur with 721xxx. We've got a carpetbagger vs a nutjob. Great choice....

Posted by: Four Hour Club ()
Date: February 07, 2013 10:53PM

It makes more sense for the current attorney general to be committed to an institution than running for governor. Things he thinks are wrong: climate change, homosexuals, abortions, sex education (other than abstinence). Sweet merciful crap. If a creationist, birther, nutjob is elected governor of VA, I will fully support Northern Virginia's secession from the rest of Virginia.

Posted by: info please ()
Date: February 07, 2013 11:15PM

I know McAuliffe is famous for raising money for Democrats, but has he ever held elective office? Or even appointed office in Virginia?

Why does he want to be Governor?

Posted by: thisfuckinguy ()
Date: February 07, 2013 11:19PM

This fucking retard is going to lose again and we are gonna have to deal with this national embarrassment in Richmond for four more years. Fuck off McAuliffe, you fucking lost when you were with Hillary, you lost in the Virginia primary and the Republicans are gonna clean your fucking clock because guess what, you're a fucking loser. We can't afford to lose the governorship. Leave us the fuck alone.

Date: February 07, 2013 11:22PM

Holy shit, I just realized Cuccinelli is who's running against him. That's it I'm moving. This is gonna get ugly. Someone with money please run against this fuck. VOTE AGAINST MCAULIFFE, he will lose.

Date: February 07, 2013 11:27PM

If this guy is from Virginia. How did Barack Obama beat Hillary Clinton in the Virginia Primary 54% to 29%. Yes, 54% to 29% in an OPEN primary where all of the national talk radio hosts were telling conservatives to turn out and vote Hillary. This guy was Hillary's campaign manager supposedly from Virginia. He loses everything he touches.

Posted by: mo money ()
Date: February 08, 2013 12:53AM

The event will be kicked off by free obamaphones to the first one thousand leeches who show up.

Posted by: That's a spicy meatball ()
Date: February 08, 2013 02:37AM

Can't stand cuccinelli but don't care for them carpetbaggers neither(see new York and Hillaree)

does McAuliffe come from a wealthy family or that political fundraising pays way more than I thought?

I'm on fixed income and looking for a way to increase it with my increased health care premiums. something legal and ethical please.

Posted by: Uninterested Observer ()
Date: February 08, 2013 07:29AM

That's a spicy meatball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I'm on fixed income and looking for a way to
> increase it with my increased health care
> premiums. something legal and ethical please.

Become a contractor. Then hire illegal mexican labor. Offer them $70 a day and give them $20 up front. At the end of each workday, kill them and dump their bodies around Fairfax County. And don't forget to take back the $20 from their corpses before dumping. May or may not be legal, but is definately ethical. At least two contractors in Fairfax are doing this and they are making a killing. <===Get it? A killing? Brawhahahahahahaha

Posted by: Thomas More ()
Date: February 08, 2013 07:48AM

Bad Year for VA Wrote:
> Concur with 721xxx. We've got a carpetbagger vs a nutjob. Great choice....

McAuliffe's lived here for 22 years.

Kookinelli was born in New Jersey.

Whose the carpetbagger?

We know who's the nutjob.

Posted by: Bohica ()
Date: February 08, 2013 08:02AM

With Brian Moron, Weasel ConMan, and Sharoon Bullover
on his team how can he lose?

Terry McAuliffe announces campaign co-chairmen
By Laura Vozzella
Terry McAuliffe, the former Democratic National Committee chairman running for Virginia governor, announced on Friday a team of campaign co-chairmen from across the state.

Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Terry McAuliffe gestures as he unveils his "business plan" for Virginia during a press conference Wednesday, March 11, 2009 in Richmond, Va. (Bob Brown - Richmond Times Dispatch/Associated Press) They are: Rep. Gerry Connolly, Senate Minority Leader Richard L. Saslaw of Fairfax, state Sen.A. Donald McEachin of Henrico, Sen. Mamie E. Locke of Hampton, Norfolk Mayor Paul Fraim, outgoing state Democratic Party Chairman Brian Moran, Del. Alfonso Lopez of Arlington, Del. Jennifer McClellan of Richmond, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chairwoman Sharon Bulova, former delegate Shannon Valentine of Lynchburg, and Wise County Clerk of Court Jack Kennedy.

“I am proud to have the support of leaders across Virginia who are working for mainstream solutions to grow our economy,” McAuliffe said in a prepared statement. “I intend on running a campaign that will unite Virginians who share my focus of putting job creation and common sense fiscal responsibility above divisive partisan crusades.”

“Because of his experience and priorities, Terry McAuliffe will be an excellent Governor who is focused on job creation and common sense fiscal responsibility in Virginia,” Connolly said in a statement. “We need the next Governor to bring people together for mainstream solutions and that’s exactly why I am supporting Terry.”

McAuliffe so far has the Democratic field to himself in next year’s race to succeed Gov. Robert F. McDonnell (R), who is barred by the state constitution from serving consecutive terms.

Former congressman Tom Perriello, currently at the liberal think tank Center for American Progress, has quietly approached prominent Democrats in recent weeks to let them know that he is at least considering a run, according to party operatives in Virginia. Perriello himself has not responded to several requests from The Washington Post for comment.

The Republican field narrowed this week as Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling dropped out, a move expected to clear the way for Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli II to secure the GOP nomination. Vintner and White House gate-crasher Tareq Salahi also is running as a Republican, but he is not widely viewed as a serious threat.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/virginia-politics/post/terry-mcauliffe-announces-campaign-co-chairmen/2012/11/30/8aeb1b90-3b23-11e2-a263-f0ebffed2f15_blog.html

Posted by: Non-partisan Partisan ()
Date: February 08, 2013 08:29AM

Four Hour Club Wrote:
> It makes more sense for the current attorney
> general to be committed to an institution than
> running for governor. Things he thinks are wrong:
> climate change, homosexuals, abortions, sex
> education (other than abstinence). Sweet merciful
> crap. If a creationist, birther, nutjob is elected
> governor of VA, I will fully support Northern
> Virginia's secession from the rest of Virginia.

What do you mean by, "..thinks are wrong..."? What are homos wrong about? Or are you saying that homos are things?

Re global warming, do you mean he doesn't think man made global warming is a fact (which according to a CNN poll from two weeks ago, less than half of those polled think and a Rasmussen poll shows 69% think that at least some data used by the climate change cabal has been falsified)?

Obama on creationism, "What I've said to them is that I believe that God created the universe and that the six days in the Bible may not be six days as we understand it … it may not be 24-hour days, and that's what I believe. I know there's always a debate between those who read the Bible literally and those who don't, and I think it's a legitimate debate within the Christian community of which I'm a part. My belief is that the story that the Bible tells about God creating this magnificent Earth on which we live—that is essentially true, that is fundamentally true." So, Obama shouldn't be president either then? According to the NYT, 47% of Americans believe the creation story of the Bible.

Please provide evidence that the Cooch is a birther. All I've been able to find is him saying it's possible that someone might have proof that Obama wasn't born here but he doesn't think much about it one way or the other. A hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question about whether it's possible. If he is on the record (or even off the record) as a birther, that would be problematic.

The Cooch is a conservative. His views are those of a conservative. Conservatives are no more (or less) nutjobs than liberals. He might be too conservative for Virginia. But I thought the same thing about McDonnell after Obama cruised to a 7 point victory in 2008. Instead, against an democrat opponent with an actual voting base and a more moderate record than McAuliffe, McDonnell crushed Creigh Deeds by 18 points (with Cuccinelli winning by 17 points over his NOVA opponent who hailed from Vienna).

We shall see.

Posted by: NoBS ()
Date: February 08, 2013 08:57AM

Thomas More Wrote:
> Bad Year for VA Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Concur with 721xxx. We've got a carpetbagger vs
> a nutjob. Great choice....
>
> McAuliffe's lived here for 22 years.
>
> Kookinelli was born in New Jersey.
>
> Whose the carpetbagger?
>
> We know who's the nutjob.

Right. THe carpetbagger thing is GOP propaganda. The guy has lived in VA for more than 20 years and raised 4-5 kids here. He's a pretty conservative democrat, and I wish he'd stand up and be more progressive but compared to Cooch? Not even a close decision.

Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: February 08, 2013 09:28AM

"McAuliffe's lived here for 22 years.

Kookinelli was born in New Jersey"

McDaffy was born in NY. But hey, with that winning record he's a shoe-in

(seriously - do the Dems just want Kenny boy as Gov or what? Any local animal control officer could beat KennyBoy in the race, and the Dems come up w/this? What, Barney Frank wasn't available? )

Posted by: suck ()
Date: February 08, 2013 09:37AM

NoBS Wrote:
> Thomas More Wrote:
> -----
> > Bad Year for VA Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Concur with 721xxx. We've got a carpetbagger
> vs
> > a nutjob. Great choice....
> >
> > McAuliffe's lived here for 22 years.
> >
> > Kookinelli was born in New Jersey.
> >
> > Whose the carpetbagger?
> >
> > We know who's the nutjob.
>
> Right. THe carpetbagger thing is GOP propaganda.
> The guy has lived in VA for more than 20 years and
> raised 4-5 kids here. He's a pretty conservative
> democrat, and I wish he'd stand up and be more
> progressive but compared to Cooch? Not even a
> close decision.

Fuck that nigger. Dont let these douchey libtards take over our beautiful state. They've already taken over and ruined NoVA. Don't let them ruin the rest of our state.

Posted by: Undefined Parameters ()
Date: February 08, 2013 12:21PM

NoBS Wrote:
> Thomas More Wrote:
> -----
> > Bad Year for VA Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Concur with 721xxx. We've got a carpetbagger
> vs
> > a nutjob. Great choice....
> >
> > McAuliffe's lived here for 22 years.
> >
> > Kookinelli was born in New Jersey.
> >
> > Whose the carpetbagger?
> >
> > We know who's the nutjob.
>
> Right. THe carpetbagger thing is GOP propaganda.
> The guy has lived in VA for more than 20 years and
> raised 4-5 kids here. He's a pretty conservative
> democrat, and I wish he'd stand up and be more
> progressive but compared to Cooch? Not even a
> close decision.

Here's some facts regarding the carpetbagger issue:

McAuliffe was born in NY. He moved to the DC area to go to college. He's pretty much been here ever since, offically moving to Virginian in the early 1990's. He's a banker who used the S&L crisis of the 1980's to build his wealth. He later went on to buy companies in several industries including in the housing and more recently, in green energy sectors. He leveraged his wealth and banking contacts to become the moneyman for Bill Clinton during his successful presidental campaign in 1996.

Cuccinelli was born in NJ. He moved to NoVa in the mid 1970's and attended elementary and junior high school in Fairfax and then went to Gonzaga in DC for high school. He got degrees from UVA and then GMU. He became a patent attorney and senior partner in a law firm that he set up in Fairfax City. He became a VA state senator in 2002 (a special election) and then won reelection in 2003 and 2007. He ran for and won the VA AG office in 2009.

Both may be carpetbaggers in the purist sense of the word, but neither really is.

Posted by: Here We Go Again ()
Date: February 08, 2013 12:58PM

suck Wrote:
> Fuck that nigger. Dont let these douchey libtards
> take over our beautiful state. They've already
> taken over and ruined NoVA. Don't let them ruin
> the rest of our state.

Remember, folks - this is what lives in the rest of Virginia. Why these hillbillies think that a wealthy lawyer will represent their interests I'll never understand.

I don't like McAuliffe, but I'd rather vote for a kumquat than vote for Cuccinelli.

Posted by: Fairfax Voter ()
Date: February 08, 2013 01:09PM

Here We Go Again Wrote:
> suck Wrote:
> -----
> > Fuck that nigger. Dont let these douchey
> libtards
> > take over our beautiful state. They've already
> > taken over and ruined NoVA. Don't let them
> ruin
> > the rest of our state.
>
> Remember, folks - this is what lives in the rest
> of Virginia. Why these hillbillies think that a
> wealthy lawyer will represent their interests I'll
> never understand.
>
> I don't like McAuliffe, but I'd rather vote for a
> kumquat than vote for Cuccinelli.

As opposed to a wealthy banker who now makes his money sucking tax dollars into his green energy car company? BTW, I'll be cancelling out your vote and I live right here in good ol' NoVa.

Posted by: the kookster ()
Date: February 08, 2013 01:10PM

Undefined Parameters Wrote:
> Both may be carpetbaggers in the purist sense of
> the word, but neither really is.

Only one, however, is a douchebag: Ken "the kookster" Cuccinelli.

Posted by: too much effort ()
Date: February 08, 2013 01:11PM

the kookster Wrote:
> Undefined Parameters Wrote:
> -----
> > Both may be carpetbaggers in the purist sense
> of
> > the word, but neither really is.
>
> Only one, however, is a douchebag: Ken "the
> kookster" Cuccinelli.

You registered a name for this post? I think we now know who the douchebag kook is. Congrats, you take the prize. You are a pathetic troll.

Posted by: he lost to Deeds ()
Date: February 08, 2013 01:12PM

Am I expected to vote for a guy that couldn't beat Chreigh Deeds? Yeah, I don't think so. I'll be sitting this one out.

Posted by: Here We Go Again ()
Date: February 08, 2013 01:13PM

Fairfax Voter Wrote:
> BTW, I'll be cancelling out your vote and I live right here in good ol' NoVa.

As a Democrat, of course, I'm registered to vote in seven different precincts, so good luck!

Posted by: the kookster ()
Date: February 08, 2013 01:16PM

too much effort Wrote:
> You registered a name for this post?

Oh, I'm fairly certain I'll have many, many opportunities to use this name over the next ten moths or so.

Posted by: Fairfax Voter ()
Date: February 08, 2013 01:22PM

Here We Go Again Wrote:
> Fairfax Voter Wrote:
> -----
> > BTW, I'll be cancelling out your vote and I live
> right here in good ol' NoVa.
>
> As a Democrat, of course, I'm registered to vote
> in seven different precincts, so good luck!

True dat!

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/340174/voter-fraud-never-happens-keeps-coming-back-john-fund

Posted by: too much effort ()
Date: February 08, 2013 01:23PM

the kookster Wrote:
> too much effort Wrote:
> -----
> > You registered a name for this post?
>
> Oh, I'm fairly certain I'll have many, many
> opportunities to use this name over the next ten
> moths or so.

No doubt. You have quickly shown that you are, in fact, a kook. Again, congrats.

Posted by: bigrig ()
Date: February 08, 2013 01:28PM

wow, so now we get solid proof voting in usa is always and forever be "the lesser of two evils"

coocookooch really sux bad, crazy fucker.
mcauliff seems like the pussy wimp....

Posted by: Hileta ()
Date: February 08, 2013 02:12PM

bigrig Wrote:
> wow, so now we get solid proof voting in usa is
> always and forever be "the lesser of two evils"
>
> coocookooch really sux bad, crazy fucker.
> mcauliff seems like the pussy wimp....

But McAuliffe bought a shotgun. How can anyone who buys a $2000 shotgun from Dicks be a pussy or a wimp?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.