HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Car "break-ins" last night in Reston
Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: January 26, 2013 09:39PM

Several of my neighbors' cars were ransacked last night. The only cars hit were the ones that were left unlocked. I guess people just get complacent about locking up or something. It appears that only money was stolen because iPhones and GPS units were left behind. They didn't have to break any windows or locks.

One vehicle was stolen, but the owner suspects that a spare key was found. If you see a previously-unseen white SUV ditched on your street for a few days, call the cops.

So why only take money (and the easily taken vehicle)? Is it because they will only have money on them if they're shaken down by the cops?

This also happened a few years ago. My neighbor across the street had their laptop in their unlocked car. It wouldn't surprise me if some of my neighbors were hit twice.

It happens often in bad neighborhoods and the good neighborhoods import their crime occasionally. There's not much to say about it other than than remind you all to lock up your stuff and don't leave valuables in vehicles parked outside.

Also, don't leave garage door remotes in your cars parked outside.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Car "break-ins" last night in Reston
Posted by: Lockie ()
Date: January 26, 2013 09:57PM

Only cash taken usually means inexperienced criminal. High school kids or a homeless person.

Probably didn't want the GPS or iPhones because they don't know anyway to sell them. Also phones can be traced by GPS co-ordinates. Taking a phone might lead police right to your location.

Posted by: MISTER GUY ()
Date: February 04, 2013 12:08PM

was this on glade close to coquina? my car has everything on the floor paper regestsration etc but nothing was stolen only some quarters i had

Posted by: solis1 ()
Date: February 10, 2013 08:52AM

If anyone sets up a surveillance and follows the perpetrators home they might find that they are residents of the tent cities springing up around the area that have homeless residents from out of state who have no other way to get money.

Don't you have to show evidence of a post office address or a mailbox oin the stret address to get on welfare in Fairfax County? As the post office does not recognise the addresses of tent cities out in the woods, the residents cannot establish the Virginia and Fairfax time of residency requirement to get on welfare. The illegal immigrants do that by adding more and more unregistered people to their tiny 2 bedroom condos or apartments for the requisite numbers of months until that new "addressee"can qualify for section 8, ie a nice apt over in Great Falls or North Reston.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: February 10, 2013 08:54AM

That's too complicated.

People should lock their vehicles and not leave anything valuable in them.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.