HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Mark Lawlor
Posted by: ffx10 ()
Date: January 24, 2013 08:25PM

Everybody remember the 2008 murder in fairfax county of Gini Orange by Mark Lawlor? The goddam apartment complex let career criminal who has done 7 plus years in state prison have access to all residents apts. Well Lawlor broke into Oranges apt and beat her 30 times on the head with a hammer then raped her and killed her. He is currently on death row at sussex 1 prison. Can anyone please tell me when the execution date is? I hope they screw up the injection to make it as agonizing and painful death just like they did to Gacy. I would pay money to see that

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mark Lawlor
Posted by: ATTY 9 ()
Date: January 24, 2013 09:39PM

The execution date is set for this year providing that all the appeals are exhausted and the governer does not jump in. Brutal murder. Unfortuantely VA is one of the slower death row states.

Posted by: 404ed ()
Date: January 24, 2013 11:34PM

ATTY 9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The execution date is set for this year providing
> that all the appeals are exhausted and the
> governer does not jump in. Brutal murder.
> Unfortuantely VA is one of the slower death row
> states.

Actually you're incorrect there. Virginia executes in, on average, 7 years. The national average is 14.

Posted by: oledukefromwayback ()
Date: January 25, 2013 03:18AM

Texas,Florida and good ol virginny dont fuck around. We kill em quick. Prince william and fairfax are the commonwealth leaders for death sentences

Posted by: Grim Reaper ()
Date: January 25, 2013 06:06AM

True. Virginia is very efficient when it comes to the death penalty. I love this state!

Posted by: ak 47 ()
Date: January 25, 2013 08:44PM

Grim Reaper Wrote:
> True. Virginia is very efficient when it comes to
> the death penalty. I love this state!

So when are they going to kill this goddam bastard? I would like to send him a going away card from hallmark. It will read "ENJOY ETERNAL HELL YOU PIG"

Posted by: old schooler ()
Date: January 26, 2013 12:02AM

I feel like I probably work with half of you guys

Posted by: GordonBlvd ()
Date: January 26, 2013 12:09AM

i heard he got kilt.... LoLz....

10%20pic%20unrelated.jpg

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: January 26, 2013 06:53PM

I think this alternate version of Gordon is pretty funny.

Posted by: Sharon and Gerry Show ()
Date: January 27, 2013 09:35PM

ffx10 Wrote:
> Everybody remember the 2008 murder in fairfax
> county of Gini Orange by Mark Lawlor? The goddam
> apartment complex let career criminal who has done
> 7 plus years in state prison have access to all
> residents apts. Well Lawlor broke into Oranges apt
> and beat her 30 times on the head with a hammer
> then raped her and killed her. He is currently on
> death row at sussex 1 prison. Can anyone please
> tell me when the execution date is? I hope they
> screw up the injection to make it as agonizing and
> painful death just like they did to Gacy. I would
> pay money to see that

He had a difficult childhood. We should give him a hug, a stern warning, and set him free (but of course provide him a luxury housing unit and free food for life at taxpayer expense). I'm sure he's remorseful and won't do it again. Besides, there was no assault weapon used in the regrettable misunderstanding with Ms. Orange.

Posted by: Thesignswerethere ()
Date: December 19, 2013 03:16PM

Although I don't believe in execution, Mark, made me second guess my beliefs. I knew this man , hell I worked along side him and I knew the victim and there's not a day that goes by where I don't think of Ginny and her family but also feel relieved that it wasn't me. I told Mgt it something off about him, I also watched his certifiable a** flip out on residents and staff. I read a lot of news briefings and some of courts docs that were released to the public.

But it was obvious as hell that something was wrong, the day this happen he called into work that morning saying he didn't feel well. Then came in the next day like everything was okay and then had the audacity to try to help the detectives with there investigation with his convoluted theory. But he messed up when we had a meeting to address the residents and Mark in his controlling state mention things in open to the residents that the police had not yet released. When I told my boss, I was concerned about his behavior at work, there were just way too many outburst from him when he didn't get his way, He threaten me so many times I lost count.....even prior to the murder he was setting up apartment tours AFTER HOURS specifically with young women. I had left my purse one day and walked in on him, you would have thought I broke in his house the way he looked at me. I told the Manager the very next day and Mark and I got into an argument about it.....he was doing way to much for an employee who had just started. But instead of the Manager correcting his actions....she reprimanded me for being too harsh on him. She said I was insensitive and that everybody needs a second chance and while I agree, when I say it was obvious from day one that his ass was off and very calculating IT WAS EXTREMELY OBVIOUS. So for the readers that are blaming the entire staff please understand we warned our Mgr OVER AND OVER again, shortly after her murder I was transferred to another property.

I only hope that her Mother such sweet people have some closure and peace. Mark knew what he was doing and he deserves the punishment he's getting, I almost feel like they got me out of there to avoid law suit because I damn near screamed his ass is crazy and he's a liability waiting to happen get his ass outta here, but I guess that's just me being insensitive again.

They Knew

Posted by: The Dude ()
Date: April 16, 2014 08:38AM

The manager you are speaking of is Karen right? I knew her, Chuck and the crew there as well. I'm not remembering the name of the management company (starts with a "W" I believe) but I can totally see where you are coming from. The whole system over there seemed, well - unprofessional. VERY unprofessional and down right weird.
I remember Mark too and even though I had very limited dealings with him, he struck me as an odd guy. There was, as you mention; something "off" about him and know we know what.
What bothers me almost as much as Ms. Oranges attack itself is that the management company did knowingly and willfully grant this questionable individual full access to every key to every apartment in the building. That is just plain disgusting of them. My guess is they were able to get these work release employees for close to minimum wage and make it look as if they were motivated by some noble mission to offer second chances to people. I ain't buying it. That company is cheap, cheap, cheap - trust me, ...as a former vendor I know.

`
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: April 16, 2014 09:02AM

fAter a fallow period in the mid Seventies, the band experienced a revival during the late 1970s and early 1980s with albums Sleepwalker, Misfits, Low Budget, Give the People What They Want and State of Confusion. In addition, groups such as Van Halen, the Jam, the Knack, the Pretenders and the Fall covered their songs, helping to boost the Kinks' record sales. In the 1990s, Britpop acts such as Blur and Oasis cited the band as a major influence.[1] The Kinks broke up in 1996, a result of the commercial failures of their last few albums and creative tension between the Davies brothers.[6] Sully Rd South onto lee Jackson Memorial Hwy into Chantilly, check status of machines at Fair Oaks Mall. Return any defective parts that are present. If you have not heard from Bill Splevins or Mara Toles at this time, continue to Fairfax County Court house. Don't park on Judicial Drive.They were the second group of the British Invasion on The Ed Sullivan Show, appearing in March for two weeks after the Beatles appeared three straight weeks in February 1964. For some time the Dave Clark Five were more popular in the US than in their native UK, but had a renaissance in the UK between 1967 and 1970. The group disbanded in late 1970. On 10 March 2008, the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.[2]

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 09:41PM by WingNut.

Posted by: WC3ej ()
Date: April 16, 2014 05:11PM

was he caught red handed, meaning quite litterally ? did he say she deserved it or no ?

has he killed any prison guards or other (possible innocent and docile) inmates ?

Posted by: YJMpU ()
Date: April 16, 2014 05:12PM

personally i do NOT remember it. i'd though i'd have seen that on the news.

were they married ?

Posted by: HE WAS A PUNK ()
Date: April 16, 2014 11:39PM

Killed any prison guards? This guy is a coward punk who wouldnt mess with a man because he would get his ass handed to him.

Posted by: cxLPb ()
Date: April 17, 2014 07:00AM

His current appeals are in the U.S. Government; the Commonwealth of Virginia is out of it for now. His appeals will probably go nowhere.

I oppose the death penalty. But, that said, Lawlor deserves it.

Posted by: Henro ()
Date: April 17, 2014 10:13AM

For those interested in witnessing an execution you can apply to be a witness.
The list is long, very long.

Posted by: Gerry loves Jew cock ()
Date: April 17, 2014 10:57AM

Hopefully liberal policies prevail and we save his life and release him into society to do it again. It's not like he's an innocent, unborn human child.

Date: April 17, 2014 11:06AM

Pathetic responce.

Posted by: A friend of Ginny ()
Date: April 17, 2014 04:42PM

I was a friend of Ginny's and I too never believed in the death penalty until this happened. I think of Ginny all the time and her mother as well. Ginny's father passed less than a year before Ginny was murdered and her mother has suffered greatly. I will tell you this family knows the Lord and it has been a pillar for her mother and for all of us as friends.

As for Mark - it was brutal, calculated, and he planned it. He had her key on his key ring I heard along with a few other single ladies in the building. I am outraged by his behaviors. He also kidnapped his ex girlfriend I understand. A person like this is not someone who should have ever been given a second chance in that kind of work with that kind of access.

Sweet Ginny would not want a single soul to keep any pain or anger towards this man. She was kind, giving, loving, forgiving, and all the things many of us should aspire to be and she touched everyone she met. She was and now will always be an angel!

I would like to know how to be there for the execution? Can someone please let me know so I can apply or be nearby??

Date: April 18, 2014 10:15AM

Virginia Department of Corrections will and has to allow witnesses. The list is long so you will not get to see him get it.
It will take years but you could get to see another dbag get it.

Posted by: Anon000 ()
Date: December 08, 2014 01:25PM

I know he's still around. anyone hear anything about a date? I'm hoping his appeals take a few more years so his kid can go see what he shouldn't become like, then they can do whatever they want to him.

Posted by: dbase ()
Date: December 08, 2014 09:15PM

Anon000 Wrote:
> I know he's still around. anyone hear anything
> about a date? I'm hoping his appeals take a few
> more years so his kid can go see what he shouldn't
> become like, then they can do whatever they want
> to him.

Still at Sussex death row with all the other scumbags. He will die in about 2 years. What a terrible human being he is. Most definately will go to hell.

Posted by: Annette ()
Date: March 03, 2015 11:47PM

I knew Gini--not well, but I was getting to know her the summer before she was killed.

You say that Lawlor is definitely going to hell. That's up to him.

Have you heard of Manasseh?

He was perhaps the most wicked king Judah (in ancient Israel) ever had. Among his evils, "He sacrificed his sons in the fire..." (2 Chronicles 33:6) "Moreover, Manasseh also shed so much innocent blood that he filled Jerusalem from end to end..." (2 Kings 21:16)

Manasseh was eventually captured by Assyria, who fastened a hook in his nose and took him to Babylon. "In his distress he sought the favor of the LORD his God and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers. And when he prayed to him, the LORD was moved by his entreaty and listened to his plea; so he brought him back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the LORD is God."

If it's possible for Manasseh to be forgiven by God for his many sins, it's possible for Lawlor to be forgiven by God for his sins.

Where are you going after you die?

A "law-abiding" man came to Jesus, asking, "What must I do to inherit eternal life?" Jesus said, "No one is good--except God himself." The man believed that he kept all the commandments, but Jesus' interaction with him prompted him to see himself--and Jesus--in a new light. Specifically, Jesus asked the man to sell his possessions, give the money to the poor, and follow him. The man went away sad, because he had great wealth (Mark 10:17-27).

I don't know whether this young man decided to follow Jesus, or if Lawlor will repent of his sins and obtain forgiveness in the Lord Jesus Christ. But what about you? The Bible says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). All deserve hell. Even me. Good works can't erase the wages of sin (Romans 3:20), which is death (physical, spiritual) (Romans 6:23). Jesus Christ, sinless, fully God and fully man, died a criminal's death, bearing the sins of many. The fact that he would carry sins on himself and in death was prophecied in Isaiah 53 several hundred years before Jesus walked the earth. His resurrection is prophesied there, too. Because he lives, we know that we can be forgiven by a holy God. We can live, too, both spiritually and physically (resurrected to life after we die), in the presence of God. Jesus came and died for sinners like Manasseh, Lawlor, me, and you. If you believe this with all your heart, and are repentant of your own sins, the Lord will forgive you (see Romans 5:8, 10:9, 8:1). There's only one path that doesn't lead to hell, and that's through the person of Jesus Christ, who came to save and not to condemn. (John 3:16-18)

No one goes to heaven because they are good. People who go to heaven do so because they've been forgiven. I hope you'll choose Jesus and be one of the forgiven. I hope Lawlor will too, while he still has time. No one is so evil that they are outside the reach of Jesus' forgiveness--not Manasseh; not Lawlor; no one. That's incredible news.

Posted by: Debbiexyxv ()
Date: April 24, 2016 12:44AM

I knew Mark as a teenager. The things he went through are true. I knew the shopkeeper who molested him too. What he did was wrong but he was destroyed as a child. People who judge should know how it feels to have a gun pointed at them being told to leave and never return. Imagine being a 12 or 13 year old being told this by a parent. Two wrongs don't make a right and nobody wins.

Posted by: JustMe2 ()
Date: May 02, 2016 03:32PM

I am sorry for anyone who is neglected or abused. But remember that Mark had many chances to get help and only he is responsible for the life he chose and the murder he committed. Just saying, "I was terribly abused," is not a reason for becoming a murderer.

Posted by: A friend of Gini's ()
Date: May 02, 2016 05:35PM

Hold on -- my friend was kind, sweet, she was a christian, she lived like we only hope most would do. She was involved with missions, giving to people, and the night that she was raped and murdered by this shred of a man, she was coming home from a bible study.

Let's not forget that he kidnapped his ex and had her in a trunk. He had plenty of chances to get help, said he got help, and continued to do drugs and behave in a manner than is less than civil. He is best to be in prison and soon to be out of this world. I can't even imagine that people want to post here that he had a bad childhood and was abused. GIVE ME A BREAK!

He took a copy of her key, let himself in, and did whatever he wanted to do with her. She probably begged and pleaded for her life and he probably ignored her requests to live. He left her dead and then paraded around that complex, talked with police, and acted as if he knew NOTHING!

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU for defending such an animal. Her friends and family miss her and have to deal with his loss DAILY!

Posted by: the new paradigm ()
Date: May 02, 2016 05:41PM

Get ready for more of the same.

The Barry Sotoro administration has a huge campaign underway to "ban the box". You know what that means? "The box" is a job applicant checking it if he's been convicted of a crime.

It's no longer allowed. Why? Because that's unfair to the poor criminals.

So get ready to be working beside some folks who've spent some time in the pokey...and read a lot more about cases like this.

The Fed gov't is rolling it out now. I've seen press releases touting it over the past week.

Posted by: chi lg ()
Date: May 02, 2016 08:18PM

Still at Sussex1. When will they inject the chemicals into his punkass before he burns in eternal hell forever and ever amen. God bless the Orange family and shame on that management where she lived. That's a problem in this Country. We have a lot of greedy Capitalism that hire cheap labor to enrich themselves. Donald Trump is one of them also. He talks tough and says what to hear about terrorism and immigration just to get elected. Go Hillary! I think she is a better human being if that is saying much. Gotta go.

Posted by: Crawdaddy ()
Date: May 11, 2016 10:41AM

I can't even imagine getting beat over the head with a hammer that many times, then he hit her more with a frying pan. Shit like this just outrages me. This filthy piece of white feces needs to be put down NOW!

Posted by: Democrats Should be Ashamed ()
Date: May 11, 2016 04:44PM

Rest assured that Democrat Hack Terry McAuliffe is looking into a way to get Mark Lawlor to vote Democrat this fall.

Posted by: Lance ()
Date: September 01, 2018 10:02AM

He's still alive, I talked to him yesterday.

Posted by: No punishment ()
Date: September 01, 2018 11:31AM

This man needs to be exterminated. I don’t view it as an execution or punishment.

Many say “ let him stay in prison for life and that is just as effective”. But there is always the chance that he would be pardoned or have his sentence commuted and by the governor or the president. Or receive a “ compassionate release “ because of health problems. It’s a minuscule chance, but too much of a chance to take. Stranger things have happened in this country.

Extermination . I don’t care for the saying two wrongs don’t make its right. That doesn’t work for this guy.

Posted by: Taxpayer 5 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 11:12AM

They are appealing this scumbags execution. Give him the needle already

Posted by: Clifton 9 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 11:47AM

Beating a woman to death and raping her. One of the most brutal killings ever in Fairfax county. Already convicted and sentenced to death and this bullshit. Come on Virginia have some closure for the victims family.

Posted by: Washington post reader ()
Date: November 28, 2018 12:11PM

In today's metro section. They are trying to. Ain't gonna happen. This guy Lawlor is done. He looks terrible now. They showed a current picture of him. Looks like he has AIDS.

Posted by: Unreal ()
Date: November 28, 2018 01:34PM

I just read about this case. This guy was a convicted felon for violent crimes and got a job at an apartment complex in Falls church to work with leasing out rooms in which he had keys to every room. He simply opened up the victims door and attacked this lady while she was sleeping. Shame on the complex for lack of background check on this piece of shit Lawlor. I did see his picture from his arrest and his current picture and yes he does look I'll which is a good thing

Posted by: Courthouse geek ()
Date: March 27, 2019 06:42PM

This murderer and rapist and scumbag is in the Fairfax County jail as I speak. He is appealing his death sentence that he was already convicted of with the great job Ray Morrogh and his team. His lawyer wants a resentence and thanks to Virginia he is getting a new sentence soon. They claim that the jurors sentenced him to death because he might continue to kill in prison. NO! The reason and the only reason is because of what he did to Genevie Orange over 10 years ago. He broke into her Falls Church apartment while she was sleeping and attacked her with a hammer and metal frying pan and raped her repeatedly even after she died. If this isn't a death penalty case than I don't know what is. He should remain on death row. Ray Morrogh fought for this verdict as he always does for victims families and now this. Now you got this new candidate Steve Descano acting like he can do better than Ray. No way. Ray Morrogh will be reelected in June. This guy Descano is all talk and is very shaky and wants this position for the wrong reasons not the right reasons.

Posted by: Clifton 56 ()
Date: March 27, 2019 06:54PM

Courthouse geek Wrote:
> This murderer and rapist and scumbag is in the
> Fairfax County jail as I speak. He is appealing
> his death sentence that he was already convicted
> of with the great job Ray Morrogh and his team.
> His lawyer wants a resentence and thanks to
> Virginia he is getting a new sentence soon. They
> claim that the jurors sentenced him to death
> because he might continue to kill in prison. NO!
> The reason and the only reason is because of what
> he did to Genevie Orange over 10 years ago. He
> broke into her Falls Church apartment while she
> was sleeping and attacked her with a hammer and
> metal frying pan and raped her repeatedly even
> after she died. If this isn't a death penalty case
> than I don't know what is. He should remain on
> death row. Ray Morrogh fought for this verdict as
> he always does for victims families and now this.
> Now you got this new candidate Steve Descano
> acting like he can do better than Ray. No way. Ray
> Morrogh will be reelected in June. This guy
> Descano is all talk and is very shaky and wants
> this position for the wrong reasons not the right
> reasons.

Great post! Ray Morrogh is proven and is fair and righteous and does the right thing. This new guy Descano has no experience to be the Commenswealth Attorney of Fairfax County. Talk is cheap and Descano is all talk and Ray has been all action for the last 35 years in our great County. No need for a change. Ray is the best and will remain the best.

Posted by: Corthousre Docket ()
Date: March 12, 2020 12:35PM

Just checked todays docket and this scumbag is on it. He is trying for a new life sentence rather than death penalty. It is at 1:00 on the 4th floor. I hope Descano still gives this scumbag the death penalty for the crime he committed of rape and murder of a beautiful young lady who was beaten to death and raped numerous times even while dead. Heading to the courthouse now.

Posted by: courthouse nerd ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:46PM

No death penalty. Life without parole for this piece of shit rapist and murderer. I heard he looks like he is almost dead. Skinny , old looking, frail, pale and balding. Maybe getting his ass kicked a few times and then stabbed to death at Prison will be a better way to send this guy to hell for killing Ms. Orange.

Posted by: Sex offender in prison ()
Date: March 12, 2020 05:47PM

He will be dealt with. He is a weak fragile bitch going to be fed to good ol prison justice in Virginia. Even prison has a moral code of sex offenders and murderers of innocent woman. If he were in California he would be DOA which is dead on arrival by whites. In Virginia the blacks will get him. Death would have been easier for this scum of the earth.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.