HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lawyer Andi Geloo-My ticket Reckless Driving 92 in a 65
Posted by: J. McClain ()
Date: January 11, 2013 12:50PM

I recieved a Reckless Driving ticket in Sept 2012 for going 92 mph in a 65 mph zone on the HOV. I got Andi to represent from her representing me in another speeding case. The prior incident was a Reckless for going 86 mph which was dropped down to Excessive Speeding 20 mph over the spedd limit. It was because of this exsperience that I hired Andi this time.

Andi was responsive and straight forward about my prospects as far as the outcome. She did, as was done last time, provide instructions on what I should do prior to my court date in order to make my position look better before the Commonwealth Attorney (CA) and District Judge. I followed her instructions.

At the initial court date the CA porvided a plea bargain that was not a bargain at all. Andi looked at it and turned it down immediately. Came to me and told me, "I usually ask the client before turning down an offer, but what the CA was placing on the table was not an offer at all." She told what the CA offered and I totally agreed with her assessment and judgement. We moved for a continuance. In addition, Andi provided more instruction on what I can do to solidify my position for lenciency from the court.

It's probably a good time to say that though I have +1 driver's record, at one time I had a -12 point balance. I had a negatvie balance the first time Andi represented me for a Reckless Driving. My record also includes speeding infractions for each year from 2007-2009. So what she was to accomplish as my lawyer was not exactly a walk in the park.

At my continuation, the CA provided a better deal, but not great. I was not even afforeded a restricted license. We took it to the judge. Andi spoke on my behalf, distinguishing me based upon what I had done after the ticket and prior to my court date. The judge was impressed telling me that I should really thak my lawyer. Because she was able, by making a convincing argument, to take a jaliable traffic infraction with a heavy fine and loss of license into a more moderate fine with no jail time or loss of license.

I most certainly, thanked Andi for her work. I recommend her services to anyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lawyer Andi Geloo-My ticket Reckless Driving 92 in a 65
Posted by: Tea Baggins ()
Date: January 11, 2013 04:08PM

This thread is useless without pictures of Andi.

Posted by: Pedestrian Power ()
Date: January 11, 2013 07:39PM

im fucked Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a 80/55 reckless right now, going to court
> next week.
>
> I have no money for a lawyer. I do not recieve
> unemployment or ANY funds. I literally have
> NOTHING. The car I was driving- a family members I
> was borrowing.
>
> I plan on filing for bankruptcy as soon as they
> approve my case (already sent in as a no-asset
> case just waiting on when my 341 hearing date
> is).
>
> I have had 3 speeding tickets in the past (05, 07,
> 2010). All were paid in full before the trial.
>
> What can I expect? I have NO WAY of paying ANY
> FINES I have NO INCOME.
>
> I know they will appoint me a lawyer, I was
> planning on pleading guilty to a lesser charge
> (like speeding) and setting up a payment plan, but
> I'm not sure if they will accept that without a
> lawyer.
>
> Any advice for me? Or should I plan on dropping
> the soap now?
>
> I have NEVER been in trouble with the law
> otherwise (it is all traffic-related).

You will likely have your drivers license suspended. Additionally, if you have fines levied against you and you don't pay them, the DMV will also suspend your license until you do pay the fines, court costs, and a reinstatement fee.

If your license is suspended, you are well and truly fucked, as most places in Fairfax county are not walkable and you're likely going to have to get your friends and family to drive you places or rely on public transport.

I strongly recommend not driving with a suspended drivers license, as it's one of the few misdemeanor traffic offenses that regularly results in jail time, and spending even one weekend in the ADC is absolutely no fun.

Posted by: dieing breed ()
Date: January 11, 2013 08:09PM

there is no justice in fairfax- it's all about how much money you spend. it's probably like this everywhere in the USA. In some countries they probably chop off your foot for stepping on the gas too hard. oh well what are you gonna do. I think pedestrian power is right about the jail. I heard that the deputies up there are very fragile emotionally and if you so much as make eye contact with them they'll beat the crap outa ya.

Posted by: Andi Fan ()
Date: January 11, 2013 09:22PM

Tea Baggins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This thread is useless without pictures of Andi.
Attachments:
18980_234247768449_8252811_n.jpg
483081_10151110054703450_361418997_n.jpg
200358_10150114160128450_8140988_n.jpg

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: January 13, 2013 08:33AM

bakes beans are off!!!

http://youtu.be/anwy2MPT5RE

Posted by: GMU GRAD ()
Date: February 07, 2013 11:18AM

This guy sounds like he was turned down for a date by andi...WTF?! he is stalking this attorney's facebook page and dogging her mercilessly. It is the SAME poster. My brother used her for drug case which she fought and won! I know she doesn't do court appointed work because he paid her a shit load for it.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: February 08, 2013 08:10PM

Duplicate thread police!

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/784442.html

Duplicate thread police!

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.