HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Valley Road in Oakton?
Posted by: ValleyRoad ()
Date: January 10, 2013 03:25AM

Does anybody know what's currently going on with Valley Road in Oakton (off of Waples Mill Road near the NRA museum)? Looks like a new housing development or something is being constructed now, any idea what happened with the previous owner? Also, as for the new housing development, does this mean that perhaps the two Valley Roads will be connected?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Valley Road in Oakton?
Date: January 10, 2013 03:42AM

Posted by: former renter ()
Date: January 10, 2013 07:26AM

I used to live on the property of Valley Road where you currently see the nice new big house being set up. Basically the owner (my former landlord), owned the 10+ acres right there that backs up to I-66 and it had 4 houses on it that were obviously built in the 60-70's. He was waiting for this old woman who lived on the property to pass away before he sold the land as well as get best market value for it. He told us this plan 10 years ago when I lived there and suggested that we sign a yearly rent agreement incase it ever happened during our living there. I believe the old dirt Valley Road will be shut down eventually, but will be used for construction, because if you go on the pavement Valley Road up the hill a bit, you will notice that there is a sidewalk curb entrance that I believe they will use to get into the new neighborhood of mcmansions. I also see from the pic that they are going to finnaly connect the adjacent neighborhoods as well. This should increase traffic through the neighborhoods, but ease it on Waples Mill. Should help around 5pm.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: January 10, 2013 07:58AM

valley road used to go all the way from 50 to Waples mill before the 66 came...........

Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: January 10, 2013 08:58AM

"valley road used to go all the way from 50 to Waples mill before the 66 came..........."
WTF? VR was cut off when the golf course "moved" due to the construction of Fair Oaks Mall. I know, as I owned a parcel taken by eminent domain there.

Date: January 10, 2013 12:39PM

Jess1, why would the location of the golf course matter? I'm referring to the two Valley Roads that are obviously intended to connect with one another but do not currently:

http://i.imgur.com/0aRy4.png

Based on the property lines, it seems like the only reason they couldn't do it is that it would have to go through the property of that guy who owned the 10 acres, and now that he sold, they can do it.

But I see how the golf course affects the other side of Valley - where did that used to go before Penderbrook?

Posted by: 6 or 7 homes 2B ()
Date: January 10, 2013 11:56PM

A developer is attempting to get subdivision for 6 or 7 homes on Septic systems & public water. One under roof now at Waples Mill, just north of NRA/I-66 overpass.
But there is another Valley Rd "old farm" on 13 acres. I builder is studying & doing perc tests now, I think. No sewer available to that immediate area.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.