HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Forget EZ Pass Express tolls on 495 or extra humans, there is a new way to take HOV
Posted by: Dr Gridlock ()
Date: January 05, 2013 10:26PM

I have heard a lot of crazy HOV-beating schemes on here before, but here's a new one. If corporations are people, shouldn't they count as HOV passengers? Sounds crazy, but a California man is trying this theory out in court. If he wins, it could be a whole lot easier to take HOV on 495 and 66.

http://www.pacificsun.com/news/local/article_a50eab78-56c0-11e2-b475-001a4bcf6878.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Forget EZ Pass Express tolls on 495 or extra humans, there is a new way to take HOV
Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: January 05, 2013 10:57PM

Of course not. Just bc I drove from DC to Fairfax w/my previous set of papers did not mean that my "company" was also enroute...

Re: Forget EZ Pass Express tolls on 495 or extra humans, there is a new way to take HOV
Posted by: Dr Gridlock ()
Date: January 05, 2013 11:22PM

Corporations are people, my friend.

Posted by: Judge Judy ()
Date: January 06, 2013 12:07AM

Sorry, intentional mischaracterizations of campaign talking points don't count.

Next.

Posted by: ggggg ()
Date: January 06, 2013 10:20AM

The Virginia HOV code uses the term "occupants" not people.

Posted by: HOV 1 ()
Date: January 06, 2013 10:30AM

If occupants must be people,
And corporations are people,
Than corporations can be occupants.

Here's what the VDOT website says:

"During HOV operating hours, any vehicle that has the designated number of people (HOV 2 or 3) can use the HOV lanes"
http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/hov-rulesfaq.asp

Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: January 06, 2013 10:54AM

Here's a tip: anything labled "FAQ" isn't a legal summary.

Posted by: HOV-1 ()
Date: January 06, 2013 11:22AM

Jess1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's a tip: anything labled "FAQ" isn't a legal
> summary.

Here's a tip. Good luck explaining how the public communications of VDOT should not be relied upon. VDOT communicates to the public how the law is implemented. They post signs, paint roads, and publish information to the public. Anyone relying in good faith on these communications has little to fear from a court.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.