HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
FOIA - Newspaper to Release Names of FFX County Gun Owners
Posted by: Gunny ()
Date: January 03, 2013 09:41AM

Just heard that a local newspaper is going to publish the names of all the local gun owners to the public.

The information will also include what type of guns the permits have been issued for. It is an attempt to scare your "good" neighbors from associating with gun owners.

They think releasing the names will make parents of small kids not associated any more with gun owners.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FOIA - Newspaper to Release Names of FFX County Gun Owners
Posted by: Awaiting the Other Shoe ()
Date: January 03, 2013 09:44AM

Gunny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just heard that a local newspaper is going to
> publish the names of all the local gun owners to
> the public.
>
> The information will also include what type of
> guns the permits have been issued for. It is an
> attempt to scare your "good" neighbors from
> associating with gun owners.
>
> They think releasing the names will make parents
> of small kids not associated any more with gun
> owners.

As a gun owner who purchased all of his firearms in Fairfax County, I anxiously await the publication of this list.

Posted by: Rednecked ()
Date: January 03, 2013 09:52AM

Perfectly legal to publish the lists-

Dear Mr. McKeigue:

You have asked whether a list of the names and addresses of holders of a Virginia concealed handgun permit ("permit") is a public record available from the State Police pursuant to the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). In order to obtain a permit, an individual must apply at a Virginia circuit court. Upon favorable review of the application and required background checks, the court will issue an order for the permit. Subsection K of § 18.2-308 of the Code of Virginia requires that a copy of the order be forwarded to the Virginia State Police for entry into its communications system known as the Virginia Criminal Information Network (VCIN).

By way of background to your question, you indicate that you possess a concealed handgun permit. In the past several months, you have received solicitations and political announcements addressed to "Virginia Gun Owner" and "Concealed Handgun Permit Holder." In an effort to determine how these solicitors obtained your name and address, you contacted the court that issued your permit. You state that the clerk's office told you that it no longer makes public the names of permit holders, but suggested that you contact the State Police because they also maintain that information. Upon inquiry to the State Police, you discovered that they consider the names and addresses of permit holders to be a matter of public record available under FOIA.

In addition to asking generally whether the police are correct in classifying this information as a public record, you have also asked two specific questions concerning interpretations of FOIA that you believe would allow the list to be withheld. Your first question focuses on the nature of the information contained within VCIN. You assert that the permit information, along with other information in VCIN, is intended to be used by law-enforcement personnel for investigative purposes. As such, you ask whether access to this information could be restricted only to law-enforcement personnel. Alternatively, you ask if the permit information could be considered a noncriminal incident or other investigative report that contains identifying information of a personal nature, and thus may be exempted pursuant to subdivision G. 1. of § 2.1-342.2 of FOIA.

Pursuant to subsection A of § 2.1-342, all public records are open for inspection except as otherwise specifically provided by law. FOIA policy dictates that all public records shall be presumed to be open. In furthering this policy of openness, § 2.1-340.1 states that the provisions of FOIA must be liberally construed, and the exemptions must be narrowly construed. Upon review of the FOIA exemptions as well as portions of the Code of Virginia addressing permits, no exemptions appear to apply to a list of the names and addresses of permit holders. As such, FOIA requires that these records be open for inspection and copying.

Turning to your specific questions, you first ask whether the permit information may be withheld because it is sent to the State Police for entry into VCIN, and information in VCIN is primarily used by law-enforcement personnel for investigative purposes. You ask if access to VCIN records should be restricted to law-enforcement personnel, its intended users. FOIA does exempt records related to criminal investigations or prosecutions at subdivision F. 1. of § 2.1-342.2. However, construing this exemption narrowly as required by law, such an exemption would not apply to records simply because they might at some point be involved in a criminal investigation. Instead, this exemption would apply to records currently being used by law-enforcement personnel to investigate a crime. A record maintained in VCIN might become exempt from FOIA if it is indeed related to a particular investigation, but the mere fact that it is maintained in VCIN does not make it subject to the exemption. In addition, there are no provisions in either FOIA or the Code of Virginia that limit the distribution of records in VCIN to only law-enforcement personnel. To read such a requirement into the law would violate the mandate of FOIA that all records must be made available to the public except as otherwise specifically provided by law.

Alternatively, you suggest that a list of the names and addresses of permit holders should be exempt as a noncriminal incident report. Generally, subsection G of § 2.1-342.2 requires that all records kept by law-enforcement agencies pursuant to § 15.2-1722 be open under FOIA. However, subdivision G. 1. of § 2.1-342.2 allows law-enforcement agencies to withhold portions of noncriminal incident or other investigative reports or materials containing identifying information of a personal, medical or financial nature provided to a law-enforcement agency where the release of such information would jeopardize the safety or privacy of any person. While FOIA does not define "noncriminal incident report," subsection B of § 15.2-1722 provides that "noncriminal incidents records" means compilations of noncriminal occurrences of general interest to law-enforcement agencies, such as missing persons, lost and found property, suicides and accidental deaths. This definition indicates that it covers certain records relating to an event investigated by law-enforcement personnel that does not necessarily constitute a crime, as seen from the examples of a missing person or an accidental death. Following the policy of FOIA to construe all exemptions narrowly, a list of the holders of permits issued by a court does not fit this definition. While information concerning a permit holder could, in some instances, become a part of a law-enforcement investigation, and as a result may become subject to this exemption, by itself a list of permit holders unrelated to a specific event or occurrence would not be included in the scope of this exemption.

In conclusion, no specific statutory exemptions apply to a list of the names and addresses of permit holders that would allow it to be withheld under FOIA. In light of the stated policy of FOIA to narrowly construe all exemptions and to liberally construe the provisions of the law, the list of permit holders is a public record open for inspection and copying under FOIA, and was properly released by the State Police.

Thank you for contacting this office. I hope that I have been of assistance.

Sincerely,

Maria J.K. Everett
Executive Directo

Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: January 03, 2013 10:00AM

Best news I've heard all day.

I don't know why you gun nuts get your panties in a bunch over this. Aren't you all about constitutional rights? Or do you only care about the 2nd amendment and not, say, the 1st?

The best part about it will be seeing the reactions. The newspaper in NY had to hire guards because of all the threats they received. Surprisingly, the gun folks don't seem to control their anger very well. :-)

Posted by: Gracia C Martore ()
Date: January 03, 2013 10:03AM

Gannett CEO
Gracia C Martore
728 Springvale Rd
Great Falls, VA 22066
(703) 759 5954

Date: January 03, 2013 10:11AM

Christ! That's all I need is every criminal around the DC area now targeting my house for my guns.

Posted by: Fred ()
Date: January 03, 2013 10:15AM

There is no way they know "what type of gun" as Firearms are not registered. All they could do in virginia is publish a list of concealed handgun permit holders. Screw em. let them publish. then we will do just like the folks in new york and publish all thier info too..tit for tat...

BTW what paper and any link to this besides you made this shit up?

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: January 03, 2013 10:16AM

Kilton Wrote:
> Best news I've heard all day.
>
> I don't know why you gun nuts get your panties in
> a bunch over this. Aren't you all about
> constitutional rights? Or do you only care about
> the 2nd amendment and not, say, the 1st?
>
> The best part about it will be seeing the
> reactions. The newspaper in NY had to hire guards
> because of all the threats they received.
> Surprisingly, the gun folks don't seem to control
> their anger very well. :-)

If you want it that way then we will lobby our representatives to make it ILLEGAL for the state to retain such registration information after the permit is issued. We will require all applications and background checks be destroyed. If not, people will refuse to bother going through the CCL process and just carry their weapon anyway.

Posted by: Orly1 ()
Date: January 03, 2013 10:17AM

Also

What about the abused spouses who have CHPs? Now their abuser can easily find them.

Posted by: 404ed ()
Date: January 03, 2013 10:21AM

What in the world is Crippen's Heliport?

Posted by: Guns and Butter ()
Date: January 03, 2013 10:24AM

LetsRock Wrote:

> If you want it that way then we will lobby our
> representatives to make it ILLEGAL for the state
> to retain such registration information after the
> permit is issued. We will require all applications
> and background checks be destroyed. If not,
> people will refuse to bother going through the CCL
> process and just carry their weapon anyway.

Good luck with that one. That has been tried many times in the past and it has never passed.

Who opposes not being able to see the names? Why the good people that need your name to market to gun owners. Yes, that's right... the NRA wants those names to send you marketing material.

The best chance would be to not a permit in VA, but that will never happen.

Posted by: JoeBob ()
Date: January 03, 2013 10:42AM

Awaiting the Other Shoe Wrote:
> As a gun owner who purchased all of his firearms
> in Fairfax County, I anxiously await the
> publication of this list.

I will, sadly, probably not be on the list since I made my application on December 11 2012. However, +1 to above.

I wonder if this list includes those CCW holders from Fairfax County who applied via the Virginia State Police instead of through the county.

Date: January 03, 2013 11:03AM

LetsRock Wrote:
> If you want it that way then we will lobby our
> representatives to make it ILLEGAL for the state
> to retain such registration information after the
> permit is issued. We will require all applications
> and background checks be destroyed. If not,
> people will refuse to bother going through the CCL
> process and just carry their weapon anyway.

Okay, go ahead. You'll have as much success with that as you likely do with other things in life -- zero. :-)

Posted by: Johnny Galt ()
Date: January 03, 2013 11:09AM

This is so comical. For the same reason ppl shoot up schools (gun-free zone) I would love for them to post a list of gun owners.

I promise my home will not be the one the degenerates go to rape, murder and burn my family.

Please post the list.

Criminals are not going to go to a home full of people and guns when they can more easily AND safely rob a closed gun store or buy shit on the street. Criminals are dumb, but not stupid. They are not going risk their lives having to get into a gun fight over a few hundred dollars they would need to spend on a street-bought pistol.

Please post the list.

Do you honestly think DC is full of crime because of the people or because gun ownership is so low?

Less guns = more crime. It's a statistical fact regardless of demos.

Please post the list, you have my blessing.

Posted by: terribull ()
Date: January 03, 2013 11:09AM

So they are going to publish all of the names of the law abiding citizens who have jumped through the required hoops to get a concealed carry permit...

I suppose that will make it easier on the thugs to figure out which unarmed person to victimize next. As always, superb logic from the media..

Date: January 03, 2013 11:15AM

I hate to say it but I've had several friends targeted by gangs for their guns.

As pointed out, you would think robbing a gun store would make more sense, but in reality that's not what happens. The best thing to do is make sure you immediately report the gun stolen in case it is used in a crime later.

In one case the guy didn't even know his gun had been stolen until the police showed up at his door asking questions about a murder.

Date: January 03, 2013 11:19AM

terribull Wrote:
> So they are going to publish all of the names of
> the law abiding citizens who have jumped through
> the required hoops to get a concealed carry
> permit...
>
> I suppose that will make it easier on the thugs to
> figure out which unarmed person to victimize next.
> As always, superb logic from the media..

Exactly. This is basically a huge sign on my person and house to leave me the fuck alone or don't forget to bring you gun to gun fight.

I will feel sorry for my unarmed neighbors and promise not to interfere in the ensuing rape and murders that descend upon their 'gun'free' homes. I know, I know, nothing like that EVER happens, and I am being paranoid and bad things only happen to other people.

I would hate to offend them by bringing a gun on their property. They can be offended by the late arriving cops stringing up police tape at the scene.

Date: January 03, 2013 11:24AM

Rednecked Wrote:
> I hate to say it but I've had several friends
> targeted by gangs for their guns.
>
> As pointed out, you would think robbing a gun
> store would make more sense, but in reality that's
> not what happens. The best thing to do is make
> sure you immediately report the gun stolen in case
> it is used in a crime later.
>
> In one case the guy didn't even know his gun had
> been stolen until the police showed up at his door
> asking questions about a murder.

How did they get the guns out of the safe?

Posted by: Sniffer ()
Date: January 03, 2013 11:24AM

Gunny Wrote:
> Just heard that a local newspaper is going to
> publish the names of all the local gun owners to
> the public.
>
> The information will also include what type of
> guns the permits have been issued for. It is an
> attempt to scare your "good" neighbors from
> associating with gun owners.
>
> They think releasing the names will make parents
> of small kids not associated any more with gun
> owners.

I smell bullshit. Lets see a link.

Posted by: Karma, Baby! ()
Date: January 03, 2013 11:52AM

Johnny Galt Wrote:
> terribull Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So they are going to publish all of the names
> of
> > the law abiding citizens who have jumped
> through
> > the required hoops to get a concealed carry
> > permit...
> >
> > I suppose that will make it easier on the thugs
> to
> > figure out which unarmed person to victimize
> next.
> > As always, superb logic from the media..
>
> Exactly. This is basically a huge sign on my
> person and house to leave me the fuck alone or
> don't forget to bring you gun to gun fight.
>
> I will feel sorry for my unarmed neighbors and
> promise not to interfere in the ensuing rape and
> murders that descend upon their 'gun'free' homes.
> I know, I know, nothing like that EVER happens,
> and I am being paranoid and bad things only happen
> to other people.
>
> I would hate to offend them by bringing a gun on
> their property. They can be offended by the late
> arriving cops stringing up police tape at the
> scene.

The bad guys who come for your guns will probably catch you unaware, kill you and your family with your own guns, and be gone. It'll be Karma, baby!

Date: January 03, 2013 11:55AM

Yeah that's usually how it happens. I read so many stories about armed citizens getting gunned down. Happens all the time. [insert eye rolling]

Unaware, perhaps. Unarmed? Not likely. I guess that's just a risk a criminal with a death wish will have to take.

Posted by: Reality Checked ()
Date: January 03, 2013 11:56AM

Johnny Galt Wrote:
> terribull Wrote:
> -----
> > So they are going to publish all of the names
> of
> > the law abiding citizens who have jumped
> through
> > the required hoops to get a concealed carry
> > permit...
> >
> > I suppose that will make it easier on the thugs
> to
> > figure out which unarmed person to victimize
> next.
> > As always, superb logic from the media..
>
> Exactly. This is basically a huge sign on my
> person and house to leave me the fuck alone or
> don't forget to bring you gun to gun fight.
>
> I will feel sorry for my unarmed neighbors and
> promise not to interfere in the ensuing rape and
> murders that descend upon their 'gun'free' homes.
> I know, I know, nothing like that EVER happens,
> and I am being paranoid and bad things only happen
> to other people.
>
> I would hate to offend them by bringing a gun on
> their property. They can be offended by the late
> arriving cops stringing up police tape at the
> scene.

Please don't make me laugh. This is Fairfax County, not the Alaskan Bush country. The most land a person might own is 2 acres. You won't ever be fighting off bears and wild animals.

First, to be effective you have to your gun on you at all times. That would mean carrying it on your side at all time. I don't see that happening in Fairfax county. No Fairfax county wife in her right mind is going to allow that.

Second, in Fairfax county you're more likely to use the gun for one of the following:

a) Your own suicide.
b) Shooting a family member by accident.
c) A murder suicide.
d) Shooting yourself in the foot while cleaning it.

Combine that with the astigmatism that gun ownership has in Fairfax county and who needs that hassle.

Posted by: FBO ()
Date: January 03, 2013 12:02PM

You

Are

Full

Of

Shit

You do not 'register' a specific 'type' of firearm when you get your permit. Either you, or your source are fucking idiots. Im betting on both.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I say "fuck" a lot...

Date: January 03, 2013 12:02PM

Johnny Galt Wrote:
> Rednecked Wrote:
> -----
> > I hate to say it but I've had several friends
> > targeted by gangs for their guns.
> >
> > As pointed out, you would think robbing a gun
> > store would make more sense, but in reality
> that's
> > not what happens. The best thing to do is make
> > sure you immediately report the gun stolen in
> case
> > it is used in a crime later.
> >
> > In one case the guy didn't even know his gun
> had
> > been stolen until the police showed up at his
> door
> > asking questions about a murder.
>
> How did they get the guns out of the safe?

He wanted fast access so he had it on the top shelve of the closet. A cleaning lady took it. But, yes he also had more guns in a gun safe too.

Date: January 03, 2013 12:03PM

Reality Checked Wrote:
> Johnny Galt Wrote:
> -----
> > terribull Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > So they are going to publish all of the names
> > of
> > > the law abiding citizens who have jumped
> > through
> > > the required hoops to get a concealed carry
> > > permit...
> > >
> > > I suppose that will make it easier on the
> thugs
> > to
> > > figure out which unarmed person to victimize
> > next.
> > > As always, superb logic from the media..
> >
> > Exactly. This is basically a huge sign on my
> > person and house to leave me the fuck alone or
> > don't forget to bring you gun to gun fight.
> >
> > I will feel sorry for my unarmed neighbors and
> > promise not to interfere in the ensuing rape
> and
> > murders that descend upon their 'gun'free'
> homes.
> > I know, I know, nothing like that EVER happens,
> > and I am being paranoid and bad things only
> happen
> > to other people.
> >
> > I would hate to offend them by bringing a gun
> on
> > their property. They can be offended by the
> late
> > arriving cops stringing up police tape at the
> > scene.
>
> Please don't make me laugh. This is Fairfax
> County, not the Alaskan Bush country. The most
> land a person might own is 2 acres. You won't ever
> be fighting off bears and wild animals.
>

Could be R-5, probably even R-10 in some Western parts. R-2, definetly not. So you're not off to a great start if you want your posts to be considered legit.

> First, to be effective you have to your gun on you
> at all times. That would mean carrying it on your
> side at all time. I don't see that happening in
> Fairfax county. No Fairfax county wife in her
> right mind is going to allow that.
>

Not true. I don't need it right now, I am not engaged in a gun fight. If one breaks out, then yes I would need it at that point in time to be effective.

> Second, in Fairfax county you're more likely to
> use the gun for one of the following:
>
> a) Your own suicide.
> b) Shooting a family member by accident.
> c) A murder suicide.
> d) Shooting yourself in the foot while cleaning
> it.
>

This is true. Although for D I would change foot to face, since I usually look down the barrel to check out how sparkly poslished and clean it is.

> Combine that with the astigmatism that gun
> ownership has in Fairfax county and who needs that
> hassle.

To me, being dead is a bigger hassle, but we obviously value our own lives differently.

Posted by: FBO ()
Date: January 03, 2013 12:06PM

Johnny Galt Wrote:
> This is so comical. For the same reason ppl shoot
> up schools (gun-free zone) I would love for them
> to post a list of gun owners.
>
> I promise my home will not be the one the
> degenerates go to rape, murder and burn my
> family.
>
> Please post the list, you have my blessing.

This! Post the list so every criminal and hootrat in the DC Metro area knows which houses to AVOID. Then they can go to the others unopposed.

Keep it up dumbasses.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I say "fuck" a lot...

Posted by: Chris ()
Date: January 03, 2013 12:07PM

Why is everyone getting all hyped up about this?

There are alot of permit holders out there.

Look at all of them that arnt shooting up classrooms, are not gangbangers, are not criminals.

They are your neighbors, your churchmembers, your coworkers, your classmates, your family.

Date: January 03, 2013 12:07PM

Johnny Galt Wrote:
> Less guns = more crime. It's a statistical fact
> regardless of demos.

Dang, you were doing good until this load of bologna.

Want to play "Name the developed country with lower gun ownership and lower crime than the U.S."? (Rhetorical question, since it would take too long to list them all. :-)

Date: January 03, 2013 12:08PM

Rednecked Wrote:
> Johnny Galt Wrote:
> -----
> > Rednecked Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I hate to say it but I've had several friends
> > > targeted by gangs for their guns.
> > >
> > > As pointed out, you would think robbing a gun
> > > store would make more sense, but in reality
> > that's
> > > not what happens. The best thing to do is
> make
> > > sure you immediately report the gun stolen in
> > case
> > > it is used in a crime later.
> > >
> > > In one case the guy didn't even know his gun
> > had
> > > been stolen until the police showed up at his
> > door
> > > asking questions about a murder.
> >
> > How did they get the guns out of the safe?
>
>
> He wanted fast access so he had it on the top
> shelve of the closet. A cleaning lady took it.
> But, yes he also had more guns in a gun safe too.

His CLEANING LADY (!) was a GANG MEMBER????? Whoa!

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: January 03, 2013 12:12PM

Major issue with this is that, in general, the records are not maintained. If someone lives in House A and buys a gun, then subsequently moves to House B some years later, the record is not updated to reflect that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2013 12:13PM by Hay Zeus.

Date: January 03, 2013 12:15PM

Rednecked Wrote:
> Johnny Galt Wrote:
> -----
> > Rednecked Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I hate to say it but I've had several friends
> > > targeted by gangs for their guns.
> > >
> > > As pointed out, you would think robbing a gun
> > > store would make more sense, but in reality
> > that's
> > > not what happens. The best thing to do is
> make
> > > sure you immediately report the gun stolen in
> > case
> > > it is used in a crime later.
> > >
> > > In one case the guy didn't even know his gun
> > had
> > > been stolen until the police showed up at his
> > door
> > > asking questions about a murder.
> >
> > How did they get the guns out of the safe?
>
>
> He wanted fast access so he had it on the top
> shelve of the closet. A cleaning lady took it.
> But, yes he also had more guns in a gun safe too.

I'm sorry, I thought you said 'gangs' took it. Fast access would be better acheived with the poper use of a holster. And then it can't be stolen by cleaning ladies or gangs.

Based on the facts being vetted out in this story, I maintain my position that a list of homes where guns exist is not going to produce multiple home invasions for said weapons.

There are homes right now known to criminals to have firearms and because these people are known to the criminals (to be stupid or weak or scared or not home) is what makes them susecptible, not just the presence of guns.

A lot of criminals have guns but they don't go around killing each other to get each others guns. Not a wise business. Kill for money? Yes. Drugs? Yes. Guns? plz. Granted I am basing all of this on the fact that I can't readily recall a Hollywood movie where the main premise was robbing for guns.

Anywayz, it's all moot. The point is, if you think owning a gun makes u more likely to be robbed, you're fucking high.

Posted by: FFXU - Home of the Derpsters ()
Date: January 03, 2013 12:19PM

Reality Checked Wrote:
> Second, in Fairfax county you're more likely to
> use the gun for one of the following:
>
> a) Your own suicide.
> b) Shooting a family member by accident.
> c) A murder suicide.
> d) Shooting yourself in the foot while cleaning
> it.
>

You're far more likely to do none of the above. In fact, the probability of any is fairly trivial.

> Combine that with the astigmatism that gun
> ownership has in Fairfax county and who needs that
> hassle.

The "astigmatism" huh? lmao

Date: January 03, 2013 12:20PM

Meh, if the facts don't fit with your point, twist them around until they do. Gangs of rogue cleaning ladies are out there - expect 'em when you least expect 'em. This is true.

Posted by: Good Point ()
Date: January 03, 2013 12:23PM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Major issue with this is that, in general, the
> records are not maintained. If someone lives in
> House A and buys a gun, then subsequently moves to
> House B some years later, the record is not
> updated to reflect that.

That's a good point. Especially true when third-party sources pick up the info and don't update when the actual source data changes. A few of those sex offender search sites still show a house in my neighborhood even though the guy hasn't lived there for probably 15 years now and ownership has changed a few times.

Posted by: Donkeytron ()
Date: January 03, 2013 01:21PM

Which local paper???

The anti-gunners constantly whine about wanting to get all the evil guns off the streets, so they give the criminals an interactive map of all the houses they can rob guns from when no one is home......Brilliant!

Posted by: Cover of the Rolling Stone ()
Date: January 03, 2013 01:24PM

They used to list DUI's, deadbeat dads, sexual perverts.
Gonna join an exclusive society and be famous.
Andy Warhol is the man

Posted by: Friendly Neighborhood Thief ()
Date: January 03, 2013 01:44PM

Cover of the Rolling Stone Wrote:
> They used to list DUI's, deadbeat dads, sexual
> perverts.
> Gonna join an exclusive society and be famous.
> Andy Warhol is the man

Uh huh, all of those threats to society...

"Obama for America campaign's new mobile app is raising privacy concerns with its Google map that recognizes one's current location, marks nearby Democratic households with small blue flags, and displays the first name, age and gender of the voter or voters who live there (e.g.,'Lori C., 58 F, Democrat')"

Thanks Obama campaign! Sure makes it easier when searching for single young females likely living alone. Now if I cross-tab this with the gun list I can narrow it down to gun-free targets too.

lulz

Posted by: Are you from Ohio? ()
Date: January 03, 2013 02:21PM

Friendly Neighborhood Thief Wrote:
> Cover of the Rolling Stone Wrote:
> -----
> > They used to list DUI's, deadbeat dads, sexual
> > perverts.
> > Gonna join an exclusive society and be famous.
> > Andy Warhol is the man
>
> Uh huh, all of those threats to society...
>
> "Obama for America campaign's new mobile app is
> raising privacy concerns with its Google map that
> recognizes one's current location, marks nearby
> Democratic households with small blue flags, and
> displays the first name, age and gender of the
> voter or voters who live there (e.g.,'Lori C., 58
> F, Democrat')"
>
> Thanks Obama campaign! Sure makes it easier when
> searching for single young females likely living
> alone. Now if I cross-tab this with the gun list
> I can narrow it down to gun-free targets too.
>
> lulz

If any sexual assaults occur, you basically admitted to being a suspect.
Freedom of speech has limitations. Ask the punks in Ohio who joked about on video.

Posted by: justmembers ()
Date: January 03, 2013 02:32PM

So what? Publishing this is just publishing a list of the members of our 'well regulated militia." All the weapons are in the collective militia and having their names is presumably a manner in which they are regulated (read 'accounted for'). So what is the big deal.

Militia members be proud!

Posted by: Cargo Pants, 6 pks & 18 min.mile ()
Date: January 03, 2013 02:46PM

justmembers Wrote:
> So what? Publishing this is just publishing a
> list of the members of our 'well regulated
> militia." All the weapons are in the collective
> militia and having their names is presumably a
> manner in which they are regulated (read
> 'accounted for'). So what is the big deal.
>
> Militia members be proud!

DUCK!! Fat boys with guns. Friendly fire is the order of the day.
remember "Canadian Bacon"? you boys won't miss a meal

Posted by: Kings Park ()
Date: January 03, 2013 02:53PM

Posted by: Cpt Obviously ()
Date: January 03, 2013 03:19PM

Johnny Galt Wrote:

> I'm sorry, I thought you said 'gangs' took it.
> Fast access would be better acheived with the
> poper use of a holster.

These are the type of gun onwers who scare me. Walking around their house with a gun 24/7 holstered to them.

As for more guns = less crime. That is completely false. Look at Japan that only had 32 gun related murders and the US that had 11,000.

More guns, more crimes and murders. That should be plainly obvious.

Posted by: joe the semi driver ()
Date: January 03, 2013 03:33PM

Cpt Obviously Wrote:
> More guns, more crimes and murders. That should
> be plainly obvious.

I will turn mine in when the criminals turn theirs in. Please keep us posted on just when that will be, you retard..........

Posted by: Larry the laborer ()
Date: January 03, 2013 04:02PM

joe the semi driver Wrote:
> Cpt Obviously Wrote:
> -----
> > More guns, more crimes and murders. That
> should
> > be plainly obvious.
>
> I will turn mine in when the criminals turn theirs
> in. Please keep us posted on just when that will
> be, you retard........

Ain't you one of them criminals? Come on, you know you got somethin in your past. That's why you drive trucks, right

Posted by: semi driver joe ()
Date: January 03, 2013 04:08PM

old days maybe not now, the companies that pay well want a background check. I run clean.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: January 03, 2013 04:22PM

lol@all the scar-d gun owners

if you have a gun because the Constitution gives you the RIGHT to have one, then I should, as a citizen of the Constitution, get to know you have one.

what are y'all so afraid of?

public has a RIGHT to know who their Militia is, dont they?

Date: January 03, 2013 04:28PM

Are you from Ohio? Wrote:

> If any sexual assaults occur, you basically
> admitted to being a suspect.
> Freedom of speech has limitations. Ask the punks
> in Ohio who joked about on video.

Yeah, they'll be knocking at the door for any random crimes against women in the county. Derp.

Fortunately, they're smarter than you are. lol

But who said anything about sexual assaults? Interesting association that you jumped right to. Maybe they should be watching you?

You might want to lay down on a couch and have a little talk with someone about that.

Posted by: No prob ()
Date: January 03, 2013 04:29PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> lol@all the scar-d gun owners
>
> if you have a gun because the Constitution gives
> you the RIGHT to have one, then I should, as a
> citizen of the Constitution, get to know you have
> one.
>
> what are y'all so afraid of?
>
> public has a RIGHT to know who their Militia is,
> dont they?

What's your address?

Posted by: Female who is armed ()
Date: January 03, 2013 04:46PM

Friendly Neighborhood Thief Wrote:
> Are you from Ohio? Wrote:
> -----
>
> > If any sexual assaults occur, you basically
> > admitted to being a suspect.
> > Freedom of speech has limitations. Ask the
> punks
> > in Ohio who joked about on video.
>
>
> Yeah, they'll be knocking at the door for any
> random crimes against women in the county. Derp.
>
>
> Fortunately, they're smarter than you are. lol
>
> But who said anything about sexual assaults?
> Interesting association that you jumped right to.
> Maybe they should be watching you?
>
> You might want to lay down on a couch and have a
> little talk with someone about that.

Reread your post. Why have you singled out single women?

Posted by: Abbie Powell ()
Date: January 03, 2013 05:22PM

You can keep your gun. However, I won't to know who in my neighborhood is packing. Some nutjob might shoot my son for jaywalking across his or her manicured lawn. So if it's a public filing, then the public has the right to know.

Signed,

John Q. Public

Date: January 03, 2013 05:27PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:

Fear and anger don't go well together. The gunners appear to have both at full throttle. :-)

Posted by: Craig T. ()
Date: January 03, 2013 05:38PM

It's not a map of criminals abbie, it's a map of concealed carriers who have all had safety training, a background checks, and have been signed off on by a Judge, these aren't the people you need to worry about, and they're not going to shoot your kid for walking on their grass because they're not insane, they also don't want to go to prison and lose all their guns. But now with lists like this the criminals will know which houses they can steal guns from, and which houses are more likely to be gun free. It benefits no one but criminals and the nosey.

Posted by: bs ()
Date: January 03, 2013 05:40PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> one.

Why?

Where is that right listed?

Posted by: bull ramos ()
Date: January 03, 2013 05:44PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
>
> one.
>
> what are y'all so afraid of?
>
> public has a RIGHT to know who their Militia is,
> dont they?

and I should get to know how much you snag in welfare, food stamps and govt assistance each month. I pay for it dont I?

Date: January 03, 2013 06:19PM

Female who is armed Wrote:
> Friendly Neighborhood Thief Wrote:
> -----
> > Are you from Ohio? Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > > If any sexual assaults occur, you basically
> > > admitted to being a suspect.
> > > Freedom of speech has limitations. Ask the
> > punks
> > > in Ohio who joked about on video.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, they'll be knocking at the door for any
> > random crimes against women in the county. Derp.
>
> >
> >
> > Fortunately, they're smarter than you are. lol
> >
> > But who said anything about sexual assaults?
> > Interesting association that you jumped right
> to.
> > Maybe they should be watching you?
> >
> > You might want to lay down on a couch and have
> a
> > little talk with someone about that.
>
> Reread your post. Why have you singled out single
> women?

Less chance of any significant opposition. Honestly, your interpretation never occurred to me when I wrote that. I'm a friendly neighborhood thief not a rapist.

On the other hand, in your mind the image of "single young females living alone" leads directly to sexual assault. Interesting fantasies you have...

Get help.

Posted by: Ben Franklin Pierce ()
Date: January 03, 2013 06:37PM

Imagine that. The brave courageous gun owners are shaking in their boots because Nosey Neighbor Nancy wants to know who in frickin cul de sac might shoot her in a cold blooded hissy fit. Man up! If you carry, then I have a right to know. Go Gannett, do a public service. I know how much your house is worth. I know what crimes you have committed. I want to AND will find out what compensating concealed carry you have. This is the 21st century. Power to the press.

Posted by: Tonto ()
Date: January 03, 2013 06:39PM

In Fairfax County, over 85% of the murder victims are killed by someone they know. If you are in my neighborhood, I want to level the playing field. I don't carry or pack because I am smart and intelligent. If you are packing, I need to know in case your overzealous, coffee-hyped us azzwipe decides to play cowboys and indians one day.

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: January 03, 2013 06:41PM

Fuck it, let em, I got an arsenal ready to greet any unexpected guests :)

Posted by: Less Miserable ()
Date: January 03, 2013 06:47PM

Get a CCW from Utah. You can get a CFP from them for $51 and they have reciprocity with 35 other states, including formal reciprocity with VA. It's cheap and it takes a couple of weeks once you fill out the paperwork to get the permit. There is some paperwork exchanged between UT and VA, but it's not a formal application for a CCW to the VSP so it won't show up in a FOIA as described by the original girly-man poster

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/concealedfirearms.html

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html

Posted by: Smart One ()
Date: January 03, 2013 06:47PM

Tough One -- This is why I want to know. Some trigger-happy river-cowboy is just ready to shoot an intruder and .... take out a loved one as a result. Damn fool.

Posted by: John Wayne ()
Date: January 03, 2013 06:49PM

I don't own or keep guns in my house. Therefore, I am not likely to kill my wife, son, daugher, dogs, neighbors and friends. Everybody's welcome. You won't see my house on a push-pin map of deranged gun owners. So come on over. I'll even let you bang the missus.

Posted by: J Silvertoes ()
Date: January 03, 2013 06:50PM

Tonto Wrote:
> In Fairfax County, over 85% of the murder victims
> are killed by someone they know. If you are in my
> neighborhood, I want to level the playing field.
> I don't carry or pack because I am smart and
> intelligent. If you are packing, I need to know
> in case your overzealous, coffee-hyped us azzwipe
> decides to play cowboys and indians one day.

And ½ the murderers are hispanic. Do you quake in fear everytime you see a latino too. You may be smart and intelligent, but you sure come across as a limp-wristed pussy. No offense.

Posted by: I care, why? ()
Date: January 03, 2013 06:51PM

"The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment." (Psa 37:30)

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: January 03, 2013 06:54PM

Ben Franklin Pierce Wrote:
> Imagine that. The brave courageous gun owners are
> shaking in their boots because Nosey Neighbor
> Nancy wants to know who in frickin cul de sac
> might shoot her in a cold blooded hissy fit. Man
> up! If you carry, then I have a right to know. Go
> Gannett, do a public service. I know how much
> your house is worth. I know what crimes you have
> committed. I want to AND will find out what
> compensating concealed carry you have. This is
> the 21st century. Power to the press.

Who says you have the right? Nobody. And no, you won't find out what people carry because it's not required to tell the state. I can carry a different gun everyday and no one will know and it's perfectly legal.

Date: January 03, 2013 06:54PM

Tonto Wrote:
> In Fairfax County, over 85% of the murder victims
> are killed by someone they know. If you are in my
> neighborhood, I want to level the playing field.
> I don't carry or pack because I am smart and
> intelligent. If you are packing, I need to know
> in case your overzealous, coffee-hyped us azzwipe
> decides to play cowboys and indians one day.

No, it's because you're a liberal pussy.

Posted by: good deal ()
Date: January 03, 2013 06:56PM

John Wayne Wrote:
> I don't own or keep guns in my house. Therefore,
> I am not likely to kill my wife, son, daugher,
> dogs, neighbors and friends. Everybody's welcome.
> You won't see my house on a push-pin map of
> deranged gun owners. So come on over. I'll even
> let you bang the missus.

pictures or it didn't happen

Posted by: reality has set in ()
Date: January 03, 2013 06:58PM

John Wayne Wrote:
> I don't own or keep guns in my house. Therefore,
> I am not likely to kill my wife, son, daugher,
> dogs, neighbors and friends. Everybody's welcome.
> You won't see my house on a push-pin map of
> deranged gun owners. So come on over. I'll even
> let you bang the missus.

Actually, you're more likely to kill your entire family in a car accident.

Date: January 03, 2013 07:08PM

reality has set in Wrote:
> John Wayne Wrote:
> -----
> > I don't own or keep guns in my house.
> Therefore,
> > I am not likely to kill my wife, son, daugher,
> > dogs, neighbors and friends. Everybody's
> welcome.
> > You won't see my house on a push-pin map of
> > deranged gun owners. So come on over. I'll
> even
> > let you bang the missus.
>
>
> Actually, you're more likely to kill your entire
> family in a car accident.

Or with a hammer or club:

http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-rights/2013/01/03/fbi-more-people-killed-hammers-clubs-each-year-rifles

Date: January 03, 2013 07:09PM

I love how all the people who want to know who has a gun are the same snivelling cry-babies who call the cops when someone open carry's.

So shall we just abolish the CCW laws and make open carry the default, abolish the ability for private places to ban guns, cuz then I don't have to leave it in the car and leave everyone in the dark about whether I am carrying.

Posted by: A very concerned female ()
Date: January 03, 2013 07:16PM

One poster has admitted to being a thief and a probable rapist.
I hope you are captured before you commit another crime. Do any other posters socialize with this sociopath?

Date: January 03, 2013 07:17PM

reality has set in Wrote:
> John Wayne Wrote:
> -----
> > I don't own or keep guns in my house.
> Therefore,
> > I am not likely to kill my wife, son, daugher,
> > dogs, neighbors and friends. Everybody's
> welcome.
> > You won't see my house on a push-pin map of
> > deranged gun owners. So come on over. I'll
> even
> > let you bang the missus.
>
>
> Actually, you're more likely to kill your entire
> family in a car accident.

Ummmm, you and your sane logic can tip on out the door.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 03, 2013 07:18PM

A very concerned female Wrote:
> One poster has admitted to being a thief and a
> probable rapist.
> I hope you are captured before you commit another
> crime. Do any other posters socialize with this
> sociopath?

If you had a gun to protect yourself, you wouldn't be concerned.

Posted by: section 8 sharon ()
Date: January 03, 2013 07:18PM

I want an interactive pin map showing where everyone who takes medication for mental disorders lives and works since mental problems seem to play a part in these mass shootings.

Date: January 03, 2013 07:33PM

Teehee. The gunners sure are in a tizzy. All these big, tough "men" are so delicate.

I love how the same gunner idiots posting here will be the ones making rage-induced threats against the paper if their names get published. Poor things...

Date: January 03, 2013 07:43PM

Kilton Wrote:
> Teehee. The gunners sure are in a tizzy. All these
> big, tough "men" are so delicate.
>
> I love how the same gunner idiots posting here
> will be the ones making rage-induced threats
> against the paper if their names get published.
> Poor things...

feels good to make shit up, doesn't it?

Posted by: Probably doesn't date much ()
Date: January 03, 2013 07:44PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> A very concerned female Wrote:
> -----
> > One poster has admitted to being a thief and a
> > probable rapist.
> > I hope you are captured before you commit
> another
> > crime. Do any other posters socialize with this
> > sociopath?
>
>
> If you had a gun to protect yourself, you wouldn't
> be concerned.

Earlier post the lady said she was armed. Considering what has been in the news I would understand her viewpoint about the neighborhood thief.
He was probably being facetious but did not show tact. Sometimes it comes back to bite you. Some serious people view this forum occasionally.

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: January 03, 2013 08:00PM

Orly1 Wrote:
> Also
>
> What about the abused spouses who have CHPs? Now
> their abuser can easily find them.

Great point.

If they do it, they need to be damn sure the list is accurate, Journal News is being sued: http://www.rocklandtimes.com/2013/01/03/timelines-1313/

Interestingly they also hired armed guards for protection. For apparently not liking guns, they now embrace them? Can you say hypocrite?

It's also unfortunate that some unhappy terrorist wannabe mailed a white powdery substance that caused downtime and an evacuation. Personally, i think it better if a paper does that here has an advertiser negative mail and call blitz.

So from me to whatever paper does this, all I got to say is 'Come at Me Bro!'

heh

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Posted by: Realist ()
Date: January 03, 2013 08:00PM

Since Obama-supporting libs commit 98% of the crimes in America, I'd like to see published all the names of libs/criminals (redundant, I know).

Date: January 03, 2013 08:08PM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> feels good to make shit up, doesn't it?

Strange -- you don't say anything when your gunner brohams do it. You "men" sure do stick together. :-)

P.S. Good decision not trying to use a semicolon this time.

Posted by: Diddle U ()
Date: January 03, 2013 08:19PM

Kilton Wrote:
> Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> -----
> > feels good to make shit up, doesn't it?
>
> Strange -- you don't say anything when your gunner
> brohams do it. You "men" sure do stick together.
> :-)
>
> P.S. Good decision not trying to use a semicolon
> this time.

Poor Cliton. Can't make a rational argument so he/she/it has to default to penis insults. Sad... lol

Posted by: Dieing breed ()
Date: January 03, 2013 08:23PM

all you oblama liberals are such hipocrites. I'm still waiting for derelick holder to release the names of all the recipients of some 1400 fast and furios assault rifles. actually its now less than 1400. some have been recovered at the scenes of gruesome bloodbaths.

Posted by: w-w-what? ()
Date: January 03, 2013 08:24PM

Diddle U Wrote:
> Kilton Wrote:
> -----
> > Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > feels good to make shit up, doesn't it?
> >
> > Strange -- you don't say anything when your
> gunner
> > brohams do it. You "men" sure do stick
> together.
> > :-)
> >
> > P.S. Good decision not trying to use a
> semicolon
> > this time.
>
>
> Poor Cliton. Can't make a rational argument so
> he/she/it has to default to penis insults. Sad...
> lol

There was a penis insult in that post? Read much?

Posted by: Wyatt Earp ()
Date: January 03, 2013 08:25PM

Reality Checked Wrote:
> First, to be effective you have to your gun on you
> at all times. That would mean carrying it on your
> side at all time.

I shower with my gun. Sometimes it's my 9mm, sometimes
I strap on the pearl handled six shooters. My wife
actually likes it.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: January 03, 2013 08:32PM

I was going to ask why gun owners are so afraid to be in the light, but I remembered if they weren't scared of everything they wouldn't have a gun. I can see the need for a gun if you live in a slum. Something to shoot with at the rats gnawing on your babies.
I live in a nice neighborhood. I did my research before moving here. I realized someone may want to rob me (not assassinate). I got an alarm system. I figure the if someone wants to steal, the last thing he wants is a lot of noise and the cops showing up.
I realize "to each, his own". If a gun makes you feel safe until the criminal gets your gun (which is how they get guns), more power to you.
However, there is the first amendment before the second, in order of importance. The government can't stop your information from getting out, nor should it. Privacy is an illusion nowdays. Like conjoined twins, we think we have personal space, but it's how we cope in this digital age. if the newspapers didn't release the information, some anti-gun group would.
I have no problems wih gun owners. What my neighbor does is of no interest to me. If shooting empty beer cans makes him a man, go for it.

Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: January 03, 2013 08:36PM

I was going to ask why newspaper writers, editors, and publishers are so afraid to be in the light, but I remembered if they weren't scared of everything they wouldn't have hired armed guards. I can see the need for a gun if you live in a slum. Something to shoot with at the rats gnawing on your babies.
I live in a nice neighborhood. I did my research before moving here. I realized someone may want to rob me (not assassinate). I got an alarm system. I figure the if someone wants to steal, the last thing he wants is a lot of noise and the cops showing up.
I realize "to each, his own".
However, there is the first amendment before the second, in order of importance. The government can't stop their information from getting out, nor should it. Privacy is an illusion nowdays. Like conjoined twins, we think we have personal space, but it's how we cope in this digital age. if the newspapers didn't release the information, some anti-news group would.
I have no problems wih newspaper writers, editors, and publishers . What my neighbor does is of no interest to me. If printing stuff makes him a man, go for it.

Posted by: the rock. ()
Date: January 03, 2013 08:38PM

Priapus Wrote:
> I was going to ask why gun owners are so afraid to
> be in the light, but I remembered if they weren't
> scared of everything they wouldn't have a gun. I
> can see the need for a gun if you live in a slum.
> Something to shoot with at the rats gnawing on
> your babies.
> I live in a nice neighborhood. I did my research
> before moving here. I realized someone may want to
> rob me (not assassinate). I got an alarm system. I
> figure the if someone wants to steal, the last
> thing he wants is a lot of noise and the cops
> showing up.
> I realize "to each, his own". If a gun makes you
> feel safe until the criminal gets your gun (which
> is how they get guns), more power to you.
> However, there is the first amendment before the
> second, in order of importance. The government
> can't stop your information from getting out, nor
> should it. Privacy is an illusion nowdays. Like
> conjoined twins, we think we have personal space,
> but it's how we cope in this digital age. if the
> newspapers didn't release the information, some
> anti-gun group would.
> I have no problems wih gun owners. What my
> neighbor does is of no interest to me. If shooting
> empty beer cans makes him a man, go for it.
Attachments:
i-smell-pussy-thumb.jpg

Posted by: Hey Diddle Diddle ()
Date: January 03, 2013 08:53PM

w-w-what? Wrote:
> Diddle U Wrote:
> -----
> > Kilton Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > feels good to make shit up, doesn't it?
> > >
> > > Strange -- you don't say anything when your
> > gunner
> > > brohams do it. You "men" sure do stick
> > together.
> > > :-)
> > >
> > > P.S. Good decision not trying to use a
> > semicolon
> > > this time.
> >
> >
> > Poor Cliton. Can't make a rational argument so
> > he/she/it has to default to penis insults.
> Sad...
> > lol
>
> There was a penis insult in that post? Read much?

"men"

Same shit, different post. Anything more substantive to offer or is that about the depth of it? I thought that you might at first but appears not.

Yeah, I know, I stuff my gun in my pants to make my dick look bigger.

Next...

Posted by: What Happened? ()
Date: January 03, 2013 09:02PM

Why are the gunowners calling others pussies? Remember you are the ones carrying the guns.

Date: January 03, 2013 09:08PM

What Happened? Wrote:
> Why are the gunowners calling others pussies?
> Remember you are the ones carrying the guns.

Because they're too scared to have their own guns...or too poor to buy them, so they get jealous and make fun of real gun owners.

Date: January 03, 2013 09:10PM

bravely said

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2013 09:11PM by Priapus.

Date: January 03, 2013 09:18PM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> What Happened? Wrote:
> -----
> > Why are the gunowners calling others pussies?
> > Remember you are the ones carrying the guns.
>
> Because they're too scared to have their own
> guns...

LOL, best line of the thread so far.

That's why threads like this are so much better than sitcoms -- you can't make up a character as stupid as a Ralph or a Dane. You only encounter such airheadedness in real life. :-)

Posted by: You're slippin, Ralphie ()
Date: January 03, 2013 09:18PM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> What Happened? Wrote:
> -----
> > Why are the gunowners calling others pussies?
> > Remember you are the ones carrying the guns.
>
>
> Because they're too scared to have their own
> guns...or too poor to buy them, so they get
> jealous and make fun of real gun owners.

But you forgot D. None of the above

Date: January 03, 2013 09:24PM

Kilton Wrote:
> Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> -----
> > What Happened? Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Why are the gunowners calling others pussies?
> > > Remember you are the ones carrying the guns.
> >
> > Because they're too scared to have their own
> > guns...
>
> LOL, best line of the thread so far.
>
> That's why threads like this are so much better
> than sitcoms -- you can't make up a character as
> stupid as a Ralph or a Dane. You only encounter
> such airheadedness in real life. :-)

HA! God damn you're dumb, kliton. You sound like a bitter old woman.

Posted by: Gordon Fan ()
Date: January 03, 2013 09:27PM

You're slippin, Ralphie Wrote:
> Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> -----
> > What Happened? Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Why are the gunowners calling others pussies?
> > > Remember you are the ones carrying the guns.
> >
> >
> > Because they're too scared to have their own
> > guns...or too poor to buy them, so they get
> > jealous and make fun of real gun owners.
>
>
> But you forgot D. None of the above

Dont forget option E: Ralph is as dumb as dirt

Posted by: bandit ()
Date: January 03, 2013 09:33PM

Priapus Wrote:
> I was going to ask why gun owners are so afraid to
> be in the light, but I remembered if they weren't
> scared of everything they wouldn't have a gun.

they are big pusses, that's for damn sure.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: January 03, 2013 09:44PM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> HA! God damn you're dumb, kliton. You sound like
> a bitter old woman.

Obviously so.

Posted by: JJ22 ()
Date: January 03, 2013 10:00PM

Are you confusing this with a similar story up in NY?

http://www.wtop.com/209/3172224/NY-county-Releasing-gun-names-endangers-public

Date: January 03, 2013 10:00PM

Who cares if gun owner names appear online? If you put "I love the NRA" or have a gun rack in your truck or a bumper sticker talking about dead, cold fingers. Hint, it's not a secret, you have a gun.

Date: January 03, 2013 10:05PM

I like this part of the article
"Experts say the county may have a difficult time defending the refusal, because New York state law classifies the data as public.

"The argument has been made and rejected," said Robert Freeman of the State Committee on Open Government. "There's never been any indication that disclosure resulted in any jeopardy."

Edward S. Rudofsky, a New York attorney who specializes in the First Amendment, added, "I don't see why technology makes this any more or less sensitive than it would otherwise be."

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.