HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Drunk Driver pleads guilty
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: July 10, 2008 11:46AM

If her were 17, and a girl, he would have received 30 days.

A Fairfax County (web|news) man has admitted he was driving drunk last November when he lost control of his BMW and crashed into a tree, killing one passenger and leaving another in a persistent vegetative state.

Christopher Plaisier pleaded guilty Wednesday to involuntary DWI manslaughter; sentencing is set for October 17. According to sentencing guidelines, Plaisier faces between one and ten years in prison.

Investigators say Plaisier lost control of a 2003 BMW 540i along Wolf Run Shoals Road on Wednesday, November 28 at 8:37 p.m. The car went airborne and struck a tree.

Morgan Cooke, 18, was in the front seat of the BMW when it crashed. She and another passenger were flown to Inova Fairfax Hospital with life-threatening injuries. Cooke died five days later, on Monday, December 3. A second passenger, identified as a 23-year-old Fairfax man, was left in a vegetative state.

"When they said Morgan's name, I started to cry," Morgan's mother Kay Cooke said. She had never seen Plaisier before until he stood before a judge.

"I'm still angry. Someday I want to forgive, but I'm not there," Morgan's father Fred Cooke said. He will be at Plaisier's sentencing, where he faces up to 10 years behind bars. Then, Fred will talk about his loss. "I want him to understand that my life is changed forever. I'll never recover."

Morgan's brother Sean hopes Plaisier speaks before his sentencing. "I'd like to hear what he had to say, if he's sorry for what he did."

Investigators said speed and alcohol were factors in the crash. They also say Cooke was not wearing her seat belt.

Plaisier surrendered to authorities Wednesday to begin serving his expected sentence.

Plaisier had been charged with a more serious offense, aggravated manslaughter, but agreed to the lesser charging as part of a plea deal.

Cooke's family has filed a $6 million wrongful death civil lawsuit against Plaisier.

After court ended Wednesday, Plaisier's attorney did not comment. His parents left the courtroom in tears, but they weren't alone. "He's a young man who's made a terrible, tragic mistake. I cried again when they put the handcuffs on him and led him away."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Drunk Driver pleads guilty
Posted by: 4wheeler ()
Date: July 10, 2008 11:58AM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If her were 17, and a girl, he would have received
> 30 days.
>
> A Fairfax County (web|news) man has admitted he
> was driving drunk last November when he lost
> control of his BMW and crashed into a tree,
> killing one passenger and leaving another in a
> persistent vegetative state.
>
Well...at least he admited guilt and didnt try to go around and get away with it.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: July 10, 2008 12:00PM

The bitch wasnt wearing a seatbelt? Its her own damn fault! And they are suing the driver- outrageous. She shouldnt have gotten into a car with a drunk driver.

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: July 10, 2008 12:04PM

What do you expect from a county that lets a police officer walk on a dwi/refusal (involving a rear end vehicular accident) charge, and then later promotes him?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2008 12:04PM by inkahootz.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.