HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Timber Lake Swimming/Recreation area. Where was it? I went there in the 80s
Posted by: mikecash33 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 09:54PM

Does anyone remember swimming in a place called Timber Lake? It was some sort of swimming and recreation area, perhaps a manmade lake. It had roped off swimming areas and maybe even diving boards. I was last there in about 1986. I don't even remember what town it was in. I thought maybe Sterling, but some searching on the Internet seems to suggest it was Vienna.

Options: ReplyQuote
I lived around the corner from it
Posted by: OaktonDude ()
Date: December 19, 2012 10:40PM

The lake still exists, in a much smaller form. It is located off of Vale Road. If you take Marshall Lake Road, and follow it to it's end, you will find what remains. Of course there's no swimming, just a bunch of McMansions filled with yuppies.

Re: Timber Lake Swimming/Recreation area. Where was it? I went there in the 80s
Posted by: vvvv ()
Date: December 20, 2012 12:53AM

I used to go there as a kid- I remember it having sand around the edges of the lake and a wooden structure in the middle. Good pull!

Posted by: Yo Daddio ()
Date: December 20, 2012 10:15AM

Used to go there all the time. It's on Vale Road. It's just a memory now.

Posted by: enuf.alredi ()
Date: December 20, 2012 11:19AM

as one travels on Vale Road from Hunter Mill Road towards Fox Mill, Timberlake was on the right, just before to the two dog leg turns.

My family used to pile into the Chrysler wagon in Arlington to begin our journey. Today we'd call what Timberlake was then 'kitschy'. But we didn't know smarty pants words like that then.

The owner was an aerial photographer, among other things. I believe it was one of his sons that would occasionally buzz the area with their Piper.

Posted by: skav ()
Date: December 20, 2012 01:19PM

Me and a buddy used to go there in the mid to late 1970s, his family had some kind of membership for awhile, as they used to charge to park and swim. They had a snack bar as I remember, and a sandy beach around the far side, There was a floating dock in the middle you could swim to and dive off of. After his membership expired we just used to park in the nearest fledgling neighborhoods and hike through the woods to avoid paying and pop out on the far side of the lake, where we wanted to be anyhow. There was no sercurity of any type. It was pretty nice, and no one gave a shit about underage beer drinking which was part of the attraction along with checking out the local beaver population.

Posted by: mikecash33 ()
Date: December 20, 2012 03:33PM

Thanks for solving the mystery. I'm going to have to check it out again and see what remains. I expect it will be difficult to imagine sand and swimming and everything I remember.

Re: I lived around the corner from it
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: December 20, 2012 07:09PM

OaktonDude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The lake still exists, in a much smaller form. It
> is located off of Vale Road. If you take Marshall
> Lake Road, and follow it to it's end, you will
> find what remains. Of course there's no swimming,
> just a bunch of McMansions filled with yuppies.

You can thank Pulte Homes for the McMansions. I was last there in 91. I think it got redeveloped in 99 or so.

Posted by: non-undesirable ()
Date: December 21, 2012 05:56AM

No niggers allowed at Timber Lake. The sign actually said "No Undesirables Allowed" but we all knew what that meant. It helped to keep the water clean.

Posted by: Ron W. ()
Date: April 03, 2013 08:45AM

I was there in 1989 for a "strike party" held by striking Eastern Air Lines pilot, of which I was one. I expected that one day the park would be developed and I set an intention that day to build a house on the hill on the north edge of the swimming lake. (The lower lake was for fishing.)

Over the next ten years, I visited often, imagining that house, sitting on that lot at the top of the hill. In 1999, I put a deposit on that lot and over the next two years my 10,400 square foot dream home got built. There was a 50-foot pool overlooking the lake. Many visitors to my home would stand on the pool deck and recall swimming there as kids.

It was kind of a shame that the park got turned into a development, but the place had a fairly nasty history (see 12-21-12 post) unless you were WHITE! The old man who owned it was an extreme bigot. He lost the court cases against him and was forced to admit everyone. He put up two tall poles and made a looping wire with pulleys between them. From the wire, he suspended two mannequins. One was a black man, who appeared to be running and the other was a white cop with a night stick who appeared to be chasing the black man. It was motorized and ran round-and-round. So, while the law forced him to admit blacks, it couldn't force him to stop insulting them. A place like that had to close down, and it did.

When he died, his "kids" took it over and helped with the development. I met one son, Roger Young, who used to fly his Piper Cub into and out of there.

So, while it was a shame it had to close, since it was closing, I wanted to live there and was fortunate enough to do so for eight years. It was a ridiculously large house and I've moved on.

Posted by: P9Ktu ()
Date: April 03, 2013 09:27AM

lXxwjGN.jpg

As mentioned before it is now all luxury housing in a development called "Timberlake"

It always seemed that at least one tragic drowning occurred each year at Timberlake, you are lucky to have survived it.

Posted by: Skinny Dipping Joy ()
Date: April 03, 2013 10:01AM

Back in the day the partiers from South Lakes High School use to sneak into the lake late at night and have kegs parties.

It was awesome seeing the cheerleaders and football team skinny dipping in the lake. The police didn't care because the lake was private. I don't think the owners cared either because we never got caught.

Posted by: Puddle ()
Date: September 11, 2013 02:03AM

I lived on Lawyers rd in the town limits, I spent some time at the lake, I remember minnows we're nibblers. It was a healthy lake with a fresh spring as I recall. And tadpoles.

Posted by: RLJ ()
Date: October 23, 2013 03:07PM

I remember it well. It had a floating dock in the middle. But there was no sand when I was there. It had small wash gravel that was hard to walk on. A lot of fun, and plenty of teens to mix with. I was there around 64 or 65.

TIMBER LAKE,OLD TOPIC,HISTORY,PHOTOS?
Posted by: NS 13 ()
Date: January 17, 2014 10:44PM

I remember going there with family in 68,and again 1980,short history is interesting,a cop chasing a negro,was that for real? I read that part old ffxu post.

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: March 15, 2014 03:48PM

Thanks for bringing this topic up...my parents sent us off to Flint Hill Summer camp every year during the early to mid seventies (it was a day camp). Flint Hill had an arrangement with the owners to use the lake all-day during the week. We had archery and bee-bee gun target shooting, fishing (which was lame), canoeing, and of course racing out to the floating deck in the middle of the lake. All the counselors were teenagers, so we had a great time. I remember that We would return to Flint Hill school for yet more swimming...the school sure took swimming seriously (I think I still have my red-cross swimming certifications from those summers someplace).

Posted by: Jeffrey Clark ()
Date: July 05, 2014 08:55AM

I date myself.. I remember the filling of Timber Lake..watching the water rise over the stumps of trees cleared for the lake. As to the racial issues, I was much too young to even be aware of them. I along with a group of boys all 12-14 years of age attended a camp led by Jim Sheldon, where we had built Tee-pees over looking the lake. Soon after that experience we moved the camp to what is now called lake Fairfax, where we as young workers were put to work clearing brush and tree's and attending the swimmers locker room/canteen. On alternating days we spent a great deal of time at "the cliffs" 2 miles down river from Great falls. While there was a 65 foot jump, I never jumped beyond the 35' and even then I may have only jumped it once. Any reader of this Forum who might have some connection to what I have written, I would love to hear from you!

Posted by: Nick Clark ()
Date: July 06, 2014 09:46PM

Jeff, I remember it well... Timberlake was just west of Rt.7. I remember the owner, an older fellow named joe and his son...Joe jr?. They both built off-road vehicles - hot rods really.

The TeePee village was very cool. I remember helping to push up the legs and spread the canvass. Some of us were real homebodies: we made paths and gardens to the teepees.

Every morning, we, the 20 or so members of the camp gathered in a large circle and were run through a rigorous military morning work out led by Jim Sheldon, a former WW2 Tank Driver who, when someone (enemy) tossed a live grenade in the midst of his men. He grabbed it and held it to his right hip - ass cheek. It exploded and he lost 2 fingers and a thumb. Also, very rough scar on this ass.

God, I am reliving a lot of adventures with Jim, Jeff, Little Bit, (weird) Bill and others...
Thanks Jeff, ur bro, Nick

Posted by: Nick Clark ()
Date: July 06, 2014 10:11PM

I have read thru all your posts - and R.7 was not where it was. It is interesting reading others posts...I also was a student, as was my cousin, at Flint Hill School. i remember the fleet of buses..all VW minibuses. with wooden benches installed to handle about 10 or 12 kids. we were all rebellious kids and refused to wear the seat belts.... just joking. Seat belts were not installed anywhere until 1964, I believe. So, like my younger brother, Jeff, above we are showing our age...lol

Posted by: NS 13 ()
Date: July 06, 2014 10:35PM

Went swimming there in 68 for the first time, somebody wrote about a cop chasing a negro on some type of revolving display at the entrance?

Posted by: Bert Cowsill ()
Date: July 06, 2014 11:10PM

Timber Lake is a scene you should make with your little one
Just keep it in mind if you're lookin' to find
A place in the summer sun
Swim in the cove, have a snack in the grove
Or you can rent a canoe
At Timber Lake you'll be able to make the way the local slime do

Posted by: Laurie Partridge ()
Date: July 06, 2014 11:19PM

Bert Cowsill Wrote:
> Timber Lake is a scene you should make with your
> little one
> Just keep it in mind if you're lookin' to find
> A place in the summer sun
> Swim in the cove, have a snack in the grove
> Or you can rent a canoe
> At Timber Lake you'll be able to make the way the
> local slime do

+1000!

Posted by: Ro ()
Date: July 12, 2014 01:36PM

I was a 15 year old counselor in training in the early 1970s. Lately I have been trying to relocate that Lake, but I couldn't remember the name. I am a visiting nurse now, and was recently seeing a patient off of Vale Rd. I knew it was back there somewhere. The patient told me, the lake was now a housing development, which I had passed on the way in. I had wanted to go back there and take my family. I was sad.

Posted by: hjVEx ()
Date: July 13, 2014 01:35AM

LIARS

LIARS
LIARS
LIARS
LIARS
LIARS
LIARS

a rich neighborhood for gov workers was built on Timber Lake Park

which, unless the same ammount of land is purchased and re-located elsewhere, is illegal

also it's illegal to "move around habitat" if essential to area, or if the site to has no habitat and the site being destroyed does

(in other words, only for good need, and only if the park system is not harmed, is the county legally allowed to move it around. they can be arrested for "selling parkland")

Re: I lived around the corner from it
Posted by: War Hock ()
Date: July 13, 2014 02:33AM

I am pretty sure that Renaissance Homes was the builder of the homes in that development.

Warhawk Wrote:
> OaktonDude Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The lake still exists, in a much smaller form.
> It
> > is located off of Vale Road. If you take
> Marshall
> > Lake Road, and follow it to it's end, you will
> > find what remains. Of course there's no
> swimming,
> > just a bunch of McMansions filled with yuppies.
>
>
> You can thank Pulte Homes for the McMansions. I
> was last there in 91. I think it got redeveloped
> in 99 or so.

Re: I went there on dates back in the mid 1960's.
Date: July 25, 2014 11:25PM

I remember that between Timberlake and Lake Fairfax that Timberlake was more dangeous. If I remember right it had underwater grass or reeds that you couldn't see and a few people drawn there. I have an old friend that sent me some photos just about a year ago that were taken at the lake in about 1964. I have some good memories of that place.

Posted by: christy kesner ()
Date: July 28, 2014 01:10PM

I remember this place like it was yesterday. We went there all the time in the 60's and 70's. I remember turning beside the huge Oak Tree off route 236. I remember the sand around the outside and the wooden docks in the middle to lay out on and sun bathe. I think there was a diving board on the deeper end. Many fond memories at that lake. Thanks for reminding me!

Posted by: Ed Wallace ()
Date: September 29, 2014 12:53PM

I don't know what triggered the memory today - I thought I should look up Timber Lake and I did.

One of my earliest memories was my parents driving us to Timber Lake. They would not let us in. For whatever reason the experience was burned into my head and every once in a while the memory would come back. I believe it was in 1969.

In 1983, I had a summer job working for an apartment complex. The owners of the apartment, Stone Management, had a picnic at Timber Lake. I told my mother about the picnic. She then relayed to me the reason for why we were not let in. Back then, We had a nanny from El Salvador who was quite dark. According to my mother, they refused to let us in because they thought she was black.

An ugly memory.

Posted by: Kate ()
Date: December 06, 2014 12:09PM

There were two lakes there, I used to attend Flint Hill Day
Camp and we go to the lake every other day. It was awesome, we would bring our Tang coolers, play cards all day long, It was the first time I ever saw the movie Brian's Song, and remembering just bawling my eyes out. The bottom lake was rumored to be filled of snakes, so nobody went swimming , They did have 2 beaches a diving board and two floats on the main lake, with a snack shop where you could buy the red candy coated peanut things, yuk now, Oh and the most important thing was the Bubbleisious, and the Bass Grape Soda. Those were the days. My bus driver's name was Ms. Wiggleworth, she was a chain smoking lady that used to scream at us all the time..ahhh Happy Memories

Posted by: yPYHn ()
Date: December 07, 2014 12:21PM

> LIARS
>
> LIARS
> LIARS
> LIARS
> LIARS
> LIARS
> LIARS
>
> a rich neighborhood for gov workers was built on
> Timber Lake Park
>
> which, unless the same ammount of land is
> purchased and re-located elsewhere, is illegal
>
> also it's illegal to "move around habitat" if
> essential to area, or if the site to has no
> habitat and the site being destroyed does
>
> (in other words, only for good need, and only if
> the park system is not harmed, is the county
> legally allowed to move it around. they can be
> arrested for "selling parkland")

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: April 25, 2015 03:01PM

I used to go as a kid in the 80's I loved that place. Big open area to swim in, floating docks, diving boards, snack shop, new friends to meet for the day. Thanks for bringing up some good memories.

Posted by: PopeLurchPappa ()
Date: April 29, 2015 01:45PM

That lake sat abandoned for years until it was redeveloped. It stalled after the dot-com bust when much of the suddenly rich who were building the custom homes got suddenly poor and were foreclosed or backed out. The developers finished the roofs and windows on the unfinished custom homes after the buyers backed out. These unfinished houses sat abandoned for years until the mid to late 2000s.

Another interesting thing about Timer Lake is that in larges sections of the development you can see the empty lots between houses where they were planning to build more houses. Now these owners have huge yards where houses were supposed to be. Adjacent to this project is the Hannah Hills development which eventually did have those empty lots between the houses built upon, but most of Timber Lake did not.

Today all the houses are finally finished and occupied, but I suspect that the developer didn't make that much money on the project.

Posted by: KVcEk ()
Date: May 01, 2015 02:02PM

> LIARS
>
> LIARS
> LIARS
> LIARS
> LIARS
> LIARS
> LIARS

Posted by: EYWvN ()
Date: May 02, 2015 05:50PM

It's on google maps.

being a gov worker i have access to buy computers, accounts, and can veryify my own map edits

oh its' there trust me

Posted by: Show us! ()
Date: May 02, 2015 06:17PM

Ron W. Wrote:
> ... looping wire with pulleys between them.
> From the wire, he suspended two mannequins. One
> was a black man, who appeared to be running and
> the other was a white cop with a night stick who
> appeared to be chasing the black man. It was
> motorized and ran round-and-round. ...

Now, there has just GOT to be a picture of this somewhere.
Imagine stringing that thing up across some street in Baltimore!

Posted by: Dennis MJ ()
Date: July 13, 2015 10:59AM

I used to live on Clarkes Landing Dr from '76 - '82 (my parents until 2013). I could run from my garage and be in the water in one minute. It was a special place, but Joe Young was a mean old b*stard. I never saw any black/white mannequins.

Posted by: Dennis MJ ()
Date: July 13, 2015 11:21AM

skav Wrote:
> Me and a buddy used to go there in the mid to late
> 1970s, his family had some kind of membership for
> awhile, as they used to charge to park and swim.
> They had a snack bar as I remember, and a sandy
> beach around the far side, There was a floating
> dock in the middle you could swim to and dive off
> of. After his membership expired we just used to
> park in the nearest fledgling neighborhoods and
> hike through the woods to avoid paying and pop out
> on the far side of the lake, where we wanted to be
> anyhow. There was no sercurity of any type. It
> was pretty nice, and no one gave a shit about
> underage beer drinking which was part of the
> attraction along with checking out the local
> beaver population.

Joe Young used to patrol the grounds on an ATV w/ a pistol on his hip and stopping all the kids, demanding "where's your ticket??"

Posted by: Denise ()
Date: September 26, 2015 07:13PM

Timberlake is in Oakton. It was on (now just off) Vale Rd. about halfway between where Vale forks (Stuart Mill to the right, Vale to the left), and where it crosses Fox Mill. Joe Young owned it, and as others have said, he was a bigot and a bastard.

Posted by: Denise ()
Date: September 26, 2015 07:23PM

The oak tree was at 123 and Hunter Mill Rd

Posted by: Anne Ruhr ()
Date: December 09, 2015 04:22PM

I, too, remember going to Timberlake. We lived at 11419 Vale Road. My mother didn't care for the beach so I would have to wait until my friends' mothers offered to take me with them or until my brother got old enough to walk the two of us there or be dropped off.

Posted by: Arizona66 ()
Date: December 11, 2015 01:19AM

I was the head life guard from 1980 to 1990 that would be from the age of 20 to 30. Mr. Young the owner used to have a landing strip on the far back of the property. You are so correct, his son Roger would buzz the lake occasionally.

Posted by: Arizona66 ()
Date: December 11, 2015 01:59AM

OMG you were so right about him carrying the gun. In a small office over looking the lake 5 of us were in the room when his 45 went off. We all just stared hoping we, or someone else wasn't hit.

Posted by: Mtp6K ()
Date: December 11, 2015 12:26PM

it didn't go away

if they sold parkland to a developer without proof of re-allocation of other similar parkland accessible to the public

they are still liable, there is no "limitation" for a career of stealing huge ammounts of park land

Posted by: uJcWn ()
Date: December 11, 2015 12:29PM

i beleive developers in my area have and still are building on land that is "community land" (1980's law, 1/2 of purchased land must be community land to provide wooded boundry)

the community land is the size of all lots but surrounds the neighborhood (wooded), by law

but today developers i think are building on it and without compensating the very $$$$ land to owners of homes in who FLAT OUT OWN THE COMMUNITY LAND

i want my land parcel you had best fucking beleive it

Posted by: Hal Miller ()
Date: September 01, 2016 01:17PM

I was there for summer day camp (but not school) at Flint Hill private school when I was 11 in 1968. Yes, they had a pool.Although I could swim well from going to Ft. Meyer a lot, I didn't have any Red Cross Swim cards to start with. I ended up with Beginner Swimmer through Jr Lifesaving by the end of summer. Flint Hill was on the east side of Rt 123 in 1968. They had sleep overseas and daily times at Timber Lake. It was a nice place.

Posted by: Heathersantos ()
Date: January 20, 2017 05:18PM

I used to go there all the time in the 80's. I remember the snackbar, the floating decks...good times.

Posted by: Andrew Husser ()
Date: July 02, 2017 09:42AM

I went there as a little boy in the early 50's but don't remember much except my dad losing his glasses and car keys after swimming.

Posted by: GP ()
Date: July 15, 2017 03:03PM

I had totally forgot about this place until I was sent an article from the WAPO today, it is from 1994 about the sons trying to kick the father off of the land and sell it. I used to go there all the time in the 80s, if you find a historical aerial photo site you can see what it looked like back then and now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/1994/09/15/a-park-paradise-may-be-lost/2603d64b-e27b-452c-b365-fc325164253e/?utm_term=.36121dfb4f50

Posted by: carl frederick ()
Date: January 10, 2018 10:26AM

anybody know where you can get the tee shirts fro the lake ?

Posted by: Bilp ()
Date: January 10, 2018 10:45AM

I remember it. Grew up on Blue Smoke Trail in Reston and you could hike through the woods behind the last house on the right. This was early 80s. Swam there all summer long at the 'lower' lake that had a dock with a tall roof we'd jump off. The 'upper lake' had more traffic so we avoided because trespassing. Andy Wells used to come with us.

Posted by: HoDu ()
Date: January 10, 2018 12:53PM

Looking at imagery from 1989, it appears that the upper lake is still intact, while the larger lower lake is about 1/3 of it's original size.

Going up Rifle Ridge Road before you get to the end there is a drive off to the east, just past where Green Moor Lane comes in from the west. At the end of the driveway are two big houses N and S. They were there in 1989. The lake used to come all the way down to a point just NE of that N house. 2796 Marshall Lake Drive was in the lake. 2798 was where the shore was. The lake was always west of Marshall Lake Drive (which I don't think was even a path, then) and I don't think the eastern shore has moved.

May have been there as a kid once, but don't remember it.
(We fished and boated at Burke and Accotink.

Re: TIMBER LAKE,OLD TOPIC,HISTORY,PHOTOS?
Posted by: jennie ()
Date: October 11, 2018 12:24PM

I went to the summer camp too, and have a lot of fond memories of camp adn of Timber Lake. I knew old Joe Young for years, and though he was indeed a racist man, he was also very generous to those he cared about. there's a road off Vale called Young Dr which i assume was named for him. He had at one time hoped the county would buy his 100 acres and keep it parkland rather than having it developed into McMansions

Posted by: jennie ()
Date: October 11, 2018 12:33PM

Wow, Mrs. Wigglesworth was my Kindergarten tacher at Flint Hill!! Awesome to see her name again!

Posted by: BR ()
Date: May 27, 2019 07:43PM

I used to go to TimberLake in Vienna area back in the 80’s, as well. I was also wondering what happened to it. It was a great swimming spot!

Posted by: K-12 ()
Date: May 27, 2019 10:10PM

jennie Wrote:
> Wow, Mrs. Wigglesworth was my Kindergarten tacher
> at Flint Hill!! Awesome to see her name again!

Why? Did she give you head?

Posted by: Linn Serven ()
Date: December 12, 2019 12:12AM

Wowsers, Talk about old memories! I worked there one summer back in about 1986 Geez, ‘ol man Young was unpredictable and though I knew nothing of his legal troubles, we all knew how prejudiced he was towards the guests. His dogs, Max & Kitty (I think) I worked in the snack bar, tube room, office, ticket booth and catering. In fact, I still have a big scar on my leg from the barbed wire fence when we went to bring the horses down. LOL I remember Lauretta & Jeff T. “When doves fly” I was fired because Young found out my boyfriend was a black man. Crazy how well I can recall those memories!!

Posted by: Linn Serven ()
Date: December 12, 2019 12:26AM

Oooooo, look what I found out on the Internet!! Good memories!
Attachments:
075F5617-6C7E-44FF-A347-7AFD604647A1.jpeg

Posted by: Ahead of the curve ()
Date: December 12, 2019 11:36AM

Ed Wallace Wrote:
> I don't know what triggered the memory today - I
> thought I should look up Timber Lake and I did.
>
> One of my earliest memories was my parents driving
> us to Timber Lake. They would not let us in. For
> whatever reason the experience was burned into my
> head and every once in a while the memory would
> come back. I believe it was in 1969.
>
> In 1983, I had a summer job working for an
> apartment complex. The owners of the apartment,
> Stone Management, had a picnic at Timber Lake. I
> told my mother about the picnic. She then relayed
> to me the reason for why we were not let in. Back
> then, We had a nanny from El Salvador who was
> quite dark. According to my mother, they refused
> to let us in because they thought she was black.
>
>
> An ugly memory.

You had a Central American slave early on.
I finally got one but he cuts the grass too damn low!

Posted by: MAGA Signalling ()
Date: December 12, 2019 05:02PM

The operative word was "colored", not black. Colored in white people speak included not just blacks, but also indians, asians and any non-white skinned Hispanics.

Posted by: Floridian ()
Date: June 20, 2020 03:53PM

I have many early memories of Timberlake, including falling on some cement stairs and getting stitches on my chin. Joe Young was my mother's stepdad, so we came up their often. I was still young when Timberlake closed down, but my memories of Joe growing old in Florida and going on endless racist rants will never leave my memories. But he was never that mean to me and I did end up with his old revolver after he passed away. He was an interesting man, to say the least.

Posted by: Floridian ()
Date: June 20, 2020 03:58PM

Joe Young's old revolver.
Attachments:
20200620_145637.jpg

Posted by: That's Like Sirhans Gun ()
Date: June 20, 2020 06:49PM

It's A HR just like a Iver Johnson 55 S so called Democrat named Saturday night special .22 or .32 caliber

Sirhan Sirhan used the Iver Johnson 55 S to shoot Bobby Kennedy in the kitchen of the Ambassador Hotel in LA June 5 1968 after he just won the Democratic California primary and was going to be the Democrat candidate in Nov 1968 promising like Obama with the gulf war , to turn the Vietnam war off like a magic light switch

Joe's gun is in like new condition , it has no holster or pocket wear btw

Posted by: Jessyluv11 ()
Date: June 28, 2020 01:33PM

OMG, I totally remember this place. My mom took my brother and I almost EVERY weekend during the summertime for like 5 years or (probably 1985-1990ish) We absolutely LOVED the heck out of this place. It was kinda like our "going to the beach" cuz we were always on a very tight budget, we didn't have alot of cash in those days. That was were I got most of my swimming experience, thanks to that place I'm a VERY strong swimmer. I remember the wooden docks out in the middle of the lake, my friends and I used to race back and forth swimming our little hearts out. The warm beach sand that surrounded the place. We would get there early in the morning, bring coolers with food and drinks, pool and sandbox toys,and stay til like 5. My mom would be tanning the entire day and we would wear ourselves out playing and swimming all day.

Gosh, I really miss that place... I wanted to take my little 5 year old somewhere fun, so I looked up Timberlake and found out the horrible news that it was closed... Years ago. WHAT A BUMMER!!!! Thanks for the great memories, we definitely need more places like these nowadays!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.