HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Leaked! Fairfax High School Report Cards from 2011-2012 School Year for Every Student! 2,166 page PDF file
Posted by: Fairfax Leaks ()
Date: December 18, 2012 06:11PM

I found a thread here a few weeks ago that had an attachment named fhs final grades.pdf on it. I can't find the thread it came from anymore, and I looked around a lot.

This .pdf appears to contain report cards for every single student at Fairfax High School for the 2011-12 school year, grouped by teacher.

Have we talked about this yet? Did the orignal thread get deleted? Posting this from a proxy just in case. Is this against the rules? The file should be attached below.

edit by Cary (the admin): Pursuant to a preliminary injunction issued by the United States District Court in Alexandria, VA I have been forced to temporarily remove the file 'fhs final grades.pdf' which was previously attached to this post. For ongoing updates regarding Fairfax Underground's legal challenges please see the thread Fairfax County School Board v. John Doe and Cary Wiedemann. A copy of the injunction that preceded this removal is available here: Mandatory Temporary Restraining Order.PDF-c.PDF. This temporary injunction expires on January 4th, 2013.

The file which was removed from this post had the following attributes:
File Name: fhs_final_grades.pdf
Size (bytes): 5766953
MD5 Sum: 6576f2d687f1000e491a71fead56fb32

I must also remove the "text" version of this file below, but will provide a redacted version in its place until the injunction has expired.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2012 05:51PM by Cary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Leaked! Fairfax High School Report Cards from 2011-2012 School Year for Every Student! 2,166 page PDF file
Posted by: Fairfax Leaks ()
Date: December 18, 2012 06:25PM

I just used Acrobat to OCR the .pdf. A text version is attached to this message.

edit by Cary (the admin): Pursuant to a preliminary injunction issued by the United States District Court in Alexandria, VA I have been forced to temporarily remove the file 'fhs final grades.txt' which was previously attached to this post. For ongoing updates regarding Fairfax Underground's legal challenges please see the thread Fairfax County School Board v. John Doe and Cary Wiedemann. A copy of the injunction that preceded this removal is available here: Mandatory Temporary Restraining Order.PDF-c.PDF. This temporary injunction expires on January 4th, 2013.

The file which was removed from this post had the following attributes:
File Name: fhs_final_grades.txt
Size (bytes): 3840887
MD5 Sum: d8b09e4af76b1e604a76f10778b61be4

I have created a redacted version of the file in question which omits the sensitive information available in the original. The original file was transformed by means of the following Regular Expression:
's/^\s*\d{6,7}\s*[A-Z].{35}/                                                  /g'

This Regular Expression essentially searches for any line that begins with a 6 or 7 digit Student ID and replaces the first 50 characters of that line with white space. The full conversion process was performed by executing the GNU/Linux command:
cat fhs_final_grades.txt | perl -p -e 's/^\s*\d{6,7}\s*[A-Z].{35}/                                                  /g' > fhs_final_grades-redacted-20121221-1750.txt

The redacted file 'fhs_final_grades-redacted-20121221-1750.txt' will be available at the bottom of this post in lieu of the original.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2012 06:12PM by Cary.
Attachments:
fhs_final_grades-redacted-20121221-1750.txt

Re: Leaked! Fairfax High School Report Cards from 2011-2012 School Year for Every Student! 2,166 page PDF file
Posted by: Why? ()
Date: December 18, 2012 06:29PM

I don't understand any reasonable cause for posting student's grades online. I find this to be pathetic that you actually spent enough time to get this file, then use a proxy just so you could post it on the internet. Does mother not give you anything to do in the basement?

Posted by: Dave [redacted] ()
Date: December 18, 2012 07:04PM

Why? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't understand any reasonable cause for
> posting student's grades online. I find this to be
> pathetic that you actually spent enough time to
> get this file, then use a proxy just so you could
> post it on the internet. Does mother not give you
> anything to do in the basement?

He used a proxy so that if the cops attempt to track him down, they'll have a harder time, because I'm fairly certain that this information was obtained illegally.

edit by Cary (the admin): The full name used by this poster impersonated Fairfax High School's principal. Impersonation is prohibited on Fairfax Underground. The author's fictitious last name has been redacted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 04:52PM by Cary.

Posted by: co2012 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 08:59PM

These grades are for all students except the class of 2012. I looked through and found no one in the class of 2012 on the pdf.

Posted by: laalla ()
Date: December 19, 2012 09:26PM

also, someone should take a look at this bitch ms. khayams students grades. her students arent stupid, shes just a shitty fat bitch of a teacher.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: December 19, 2012 09:28PM

I don't really care about some strangers grades but if I was a parent or a student I would be pretty pissed off that this got out.

Posted by: fairfax senior ()
Date: December 19, 2012 10:46PM

I don't care at all about my grades being online. Actually, I feel much better about my junior year gpa after seeing all the grades these people got.

Posted by: Another Fairfax Senior ()
Date: December 20, 2012 06:36AM

What is OP's purpose of doing this? I don't care either. This.crap showed up on the news this morning too. So have fun dealin with the legal system. LOL.

Posted by: Another Fairfax Senior ()
Date: December 20, 2012 06:42AM

Also, please disregard the spelling mistakes I have made,as I am quite competent in the English language. For whatever reason, my phone is acting up.

Posted by: Newsie ()
Date: December 20, 2012 06:58AM

Well, this made the news on WTOP this morning, good job

Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: December 20, 2012 07:22AM

LOL: http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/articles/fhs-final-grades-leaked-on-fairfax-underground

There's pretty much no chance that the idiot who did this won't be caught. Here comes expulsion.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: December 20, 2012 07:48AM

Although FCPS does not yet know who provided this information to Fairfax Underground, or how the individual(s) obtained confidential student grade information, it is conducting a full investigation into the matter and has notified law enforcement authorities. It also has demanded that Fairfax Underground remove the student information, and will take further action if that organization does not comply.

Like what? I hope the Streisand Effect doesn't happen here...

Posted by: stephen ()
Date: December 20, 2012 12:58PM

I think their more afraid of the public seeing how Good the teachers are that they hire. If these records were made with the public Dollar then there open to public inspection.

Posted by: Taxpayer ()
Date: December 20, 2012 01:09PM

I'm a taxpayer, I should be able to see these grades and how effective the teachers my tax dollars pay are.

Posted by: crafter59 ()
Date: December 20, 2012 02:11PM

To Taxpayer - I'm the parent of one of those students whose grades and student ID are now public. You absolutely have no right to that confidential information regardless of what taxes you pay.

Posted by: Another Tax Payer ()
Date: December 20, 2012 03:03PM

crafter59 Wrote:
> To Taxpayer - I'm the parent of one of those
> students whose grades and student ID are now
> public. You absolutely have no right to that
> confidential information regardless of what taxes
> you pay.

The dollars spent teaching your brat are mostly wasted and stolen from people like Taxpayer and myself. You should be ashamed for talking back to the person who pays the bills you are responsible for.
I'm certain though that you are not ashamed nor will you ever be.
You have bought into the sick fiction that criminal actions undertaken by many are no longer immoral, but laudable.
Have some respect for other peoples' opinions. Especially those you owe a debt to.

Posted by: Taxed Payer ()
Date: December 20, 2012 03:08PM

crafter59 Wrote:
> To Taxpayer - I'm the parent of one of those
> students whose grades and student ID are now
> public. You absolutely have no right to that
> confidential information regardless of what taxes
> you pay.

Oh My God, I have Johnnie's Junior year grades!!! I am going to hold on to these until that one day when he is going to apply to a job and mail them to the HR Department! No, wait, I am going to blackmail Johnnie when he comes up for that big promotion in 20 years. Are you kidding me?

You, Crafter59, are way too full of yourself. You pay for the school bill, yu can do whatever you want. As a tax payer, I thinkI have a right to see how well the school system I support is educating people. If you don't like it, go to a private school and pay for it yourself, without my help.

Posted by: To the "Taxpayers" #NOT ()
Date: December 20, 2012 03:36PM

You guys are idiots. I can tell right away that the parent probably pays more taxes than all of you combined, judging by the lack of maturity that is so obvious in your posts. My guess is that you all make so little money (if any) that you are certainly in the 0% tax bracket, so until you start supporting yourself instead of living off of mom, dad and the government, keep your pie holes shut.

If your mom and dad want statistics, which I agree they are entitled to, they are clearly posted on the FCPS website. Actually, more statistics than you could possibly make use of (or understand). All you gotta do is look it up. Probably too much for you to handle, but I'm sure your parents can figure it out.

Posted by: Funny Guy or Fungi? ()
Date: December 20, 2012 03:47PM

eesh Wrote:
> Although FCPS does not yet know who provided
> this information to Fairfax Underground, or how
> the individual(s) obtained confidential student
> grade information, it is conducting a full
> investigation into the matter and has notified law
> enforcement authorities. It also has demanded
> that Fairfax Underground remove the student
> information, and will take further action if that
> organization does not comply.

>
>
>
> Like what? I hope the Streisand Effect doesn't
> happen here...

I suspect that they've already sent a demand letter (or demand E-mail) to Cary. Next they'll send one to Cary's Web host, if they haven't already.

After that, they file a lawsuit and ask the judge for a court order demanding the information be taken down.

They've already notified the Fairfax City police. Since it appears that several Federal laws have been broken, they may also ask the FBI to become involved.

In addition to the Patch article and WTOP, this story is also on WNEW, WJLA, and the Huffington Post (although WNEW didn't specifically mention Fairfax Underground). With all this publicity, I'm anticipating quite a few new posters will be making an appearance on here, which is like an early Christmas present for you, eesh.

Posted by: Outraged Citizen ()
Date: December 20, 2012 03:56PM

As a taxpayer and American citizen, I would like to point out this is a violation of the 1st Amendment right to privacy, as well as FERPA. I hope the individual who did this is caught and tried by a court of law for this blatant posting of individual's names and grades.

There are other means, already in place, for judging the effectiveness of teachers.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: December 20, 2012 05:10PM

Outraged Citizen Wrote:
> As a taxpayer and American citizen, I would like
> to point out this is a violation of the 1st
> Amendment right to privacy, as well as FERPA. I
> hope the individual who did this is caught and
> tried by a court of law for this blatant posting
> of individual's names and grades.
>
> There are other means, already in place, for
> judging the effectiveness of teachers.

Like standardized testing? what a fucking joke that is.

Posted by: friskydingo ()
Date: December 20, 2012 05:11PM

Someone at FCPS is gonna get it bad for this.. How could they allow this info to fall into the wrong hands?

Date: December 20, 2012 05:12PM

Where's Bradley Manning? I blame him.

Posted by: Und3r ()
Date: December 20, 2012 05:30PM

Whoever posted this is a SKID HACKER. HAHA. We're gonna take down this site then trace back this guys shit and post his dox.
#AntiSec

Date: December 20, 2012 05:31PM

No you aren't... But I think it's still f-ed up.

Jack Dale must be fuming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 05:32PM by friskydingo.

Posted by: John Did It ()
Date: December 20, 2012 05:35PM

A quick check of the document properties reveals that it was authored using Microsoft Word 2007 by someone named "John" on October 24, 2012 at 7:57 in the evening.

Of course, this means very little, because the document properties can also be easily faked.

Posted by: Rednecked ()
Date: December 20, 2012 05:35PM

Funny Guy or Fungi? Wrote:
> eesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Although FCPS does not yet know who provided
> > this information to Fairfax Underground, or how
> > the individual(s) obtained confidential student
> > grade information, it is conducting a full
> > investigation into the matter and has notified
> law
> > enforcement authorities. It also has
> demanded
> > that Fairfax Underground remove the student
> > information, and will take further action if
> that
> > organization does not comply.

> >
> >
> >
> > Like what? I hope the Streisand Effect doesn't
> > happen here...
>
> I suspect that they've already sent a demand
> letter (or demand E-mail) to Cary. Next they'll
> send one to Cary's Web host, if they haven't
> already.
>
> After that, they file a lawsuit and ask the judge
> for a court order demanding the information be
> taken down.
>
> They've already notified the Fairfax City police.
> Since it appears that several Federal laws have
> been broken, they may also ask the FBI to become
> involved.
>
> In addition to the Patch article and WTOP, this
> story is also on WNEW, WJLA, and the Huffington
> Post (although WNEW didn't specifically mention
> Fairfax Underground). With all this publicity, I'm
> anticipating quite a few new posters will be
> making an appearance on here, which is like an
> early Christmas present for you, eesh.

NBC4 just reported the story and showed this page on the air.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: December 20, 2012 05:37PM

Another Fairfax Senior Wrote:
> What is OP's purpose of doing this?

that's pretty obvious, dont you think?

pic unrelated

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 05:38PM by Gordon Blvd.
Attachments:
a70.jpg

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: December 20, 2012 05:44PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> Another Fairfax Senior Wrote:
> -----
> > What is OP's purpose of doing this?
>
>
> that's pretty obvious, dont you think?
>
> pic unrelated

YUP! OP wants a to put on a shit show and he/she came to the right place.

I have you now.

Date: December 20, 2012 05:46PM

Welcom, welcome all new posters!

FairfaxUnderground.com was almost voted the "Best Blog in DC" by WTOP News. We have plenty of topics, not just ones about egregious security lapses.. take a peak around.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me @ 703-594-7012

Thanks,

RM - Marketing Operations

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 06:42PM by friskydingo.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: December 20, 2012 05:47PM

Dave [redacted] Wrote:
> Why? Wrote:
> -----
> > I don't understand any reasonable cause for
> > posting student's grades online. I find this to
> be
> > pathetic that you actually spent enough time to
> > get this file, then use a proxy just so you
> could
> > post it on the internet. Does mother not give
> you
> > anything to do in the basement?
>
> He used a proxy so that if the cops attempt to
> track him down, they'll have a harder time,
> because I'm fairly certain that this information
> was obtained illegally.
>
> edit by Cary (the admin): The full name used by
> this poster impersonated Fairfax High School's
> principal. Impersonation is prohibited on Fairfax
> Underground. The author's fictitious last name
> has been redacted.

lol! Cary saw this thread 2 days ago and edited out the principal's last name but left the 2166 page document right there. That's why this is the best place on the internet.

I have you now.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 20, 2012 05:57PM

Outraged Citizen Wrote:
> I would like to point out this is a violation of the
> 1st Amendment right to privacy

you must have read it incorrectly because the first amendment is about being able to say what you want. the "right to privacy" is nowhere in the constitution or its amendments.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 05:58PM by Gravis.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: December 20, 2012 06:00PM

I'll put on some pants for the reporters unless Doreen wants to see my penis.

Date: December 20, 2012 06:06PM

friskydingo Wrote:
> Welcom, welcome all new posters!
>
> FairfaxUnderground.com was almost voted the "Best
> Blog in DC" by WTOP News

You mean there are that many people who don't know the difference between a forum and a blog? Fascinating.

Date: December 20, 2012 06:13PM

This blog Sucks!!! take it down!!!

you guys sicken me!!!

Date: December 20, 2012 06:16PM

I just saw it on News Channel 8

Date: December 20, 2012 06:24PM

to protect the children, i have informed a handful of popular IRC channels to not download the document in question.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: _Eyedea_ ()
Date: December 20, 2012 06:24PM

neat-o

Posted by: Fruppie ()
Date: December 20, 2012 06:37PM

Kilton Wrote:
> friskydingo Wrote:
> -----
> > Welcom, welcome all new posters!
> >
> > FairfaxUnderground.com was almost voted the
> "Best
> > Blog in DC" by WTOP News
>
> You mean there are that many people who don't know
> the difference between a forum and a blog?
> Fascinating.

That's stupid.

Posted by: Thos. ()
Date: December 20, 2012 06:47PM

No you shouldn't, that's stupid.

Posted by: Young Curmudgeon ()
Date: December 20, 2012 06:52PM

Taxpayer Wrote:
> I'm a taxpayer, I should be able to see these
> grades and how effective the teachers my tax
> dollars pay are.

There are far better ways of doing that.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: December 20, 2012 07:12PM

Lotta kids got a D or lower in geometry. God damn kids can't even draw a triangle []

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: December 20, 2012 07:31PM

Hello forum viewer,

My name is Cary and I am the administrator of this forum. Because this thread has received significant media attention, and because I believe in absolute transparency, the school board's request and my response will be reproduced below:

-- Begin School Board Request --
Subject: Urgent Request
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:25:57 -0500
priority: Urgent
Importance: high
To: [cary@fairfaxunderground.com], [ben@fairfaxunderground.com]
Cc: [redacted]

Dear Cary and Ben:

Our firm represents the Fairfax County School Board. Fairfax County Public Schools administrators were alerted today that two electronic files containing the grades of thousands of Fairfax County Public Schools’ students were posted yesterday on your website www.fairfaxunderground.com. These files were posted by someone identified as “Fairfax Leaks” under the message: “Leaked! Fairfax High School Report Cards from 2011-2012 School Year for Every Student! 2,166 page PDF file.”

We are contacting you in your capacity as the moderators of Fairfax Underground to notify you that these disclosures were made illegally, and in violation of the privacy rights of the thousands of students who are each identified by name on your website. We request that you immediately remove these files from your website, and preserve the records and other evidence in your possession, including all user accounts, IP addresses, and any other information about those who posted, downloaded, or accessed these files. Please advise us in writing that you have done so.

The School Board is committed to protecting and preserving the privacy rights of its students. We will take all steps necessary to do so and to limit the continuing damage that this unlawful disclosure has caused.

If you would like to discuss this matter, please feel free to contact me, or my partner, [redacted] (703.000.0000/[redacted]@[redacted].com. Your prompt cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

[redacted]
-- End School Board Request --

-- Begin Fairfax Underground response --
Subject: Re: Urgent Request
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:52:20 -0500
To: [redacted]
Cc: [redacted]

Hello [redacted],

First let me apologize for the delay in responding to your request. For clarity, the discussion thread in question resides here: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1069819.html

This is an interesting legal and moral dilemma and I am unsure of exactly how to proceed. Fairfax Underground has a rich history of free speech and as such the standard operating procedures are to NEVER delete any legitimate content from the forums, regardless of how mundane or childish, so long as the claims made therein are true, and it doesn't violate one of the extremely simple rules which are: No spam, no complete garbage, no personal attacks, and no impersonation.

With that said, however, Fairfax Underground also takes the security and privacy of its users very seriously, and routinely removes content that was posted specifically to harass or embarrass other users. The motivation for this post does not seem to be malicious, rather intellectually curious, and as such doesn't qualify for moderation based on a personal attack.

Do you know of a Virginia law that explicitly prohibits the disclosure of this information? The federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) applies only to schools themselves, not necessarily non-authoritative third party sources. If you can identify a section of the Code of Virginia that explicitly prohibits the disclosure of this information I will certainly remove it, but without such a clear prohibition my gut instinct is to allow the thread and attached files to remain.

Can you confirm that this file truly does contain accurate information regarding the grades of students at Fairfax High School? As I have no way to verify the authenticity of such this file I assume it could just as easily be a hoax. Similarly, as this .pdf file comes from an anonymous source, and is hosted on a server that has no relation to the school system whatsoever, the material contained therein should never be trusted as authoritative information by any college or employer.

If this document exposed private information such as social security numbers or home addresses I would certainly remove it immediately; but as it stands there's nothing intrinsically dangerous about the information revealed, only embarrassing.

Please rest assured that I have and will retain full logs of this incident indefinitely, however, I do not intend to ever reveal them without a valid court order. Please note that the thread in question was posted from a "Tor" exit node, a sophisticated anonymizing network, which makes it very unlikely that the original author will ever be positively identified.

With all of that said, most of the damage has already been done. As this file has been posted on Fairfax Underground for over 48 hours and has already been downloaded hundreds of times removing the file and/or thread would not halt the redistribution of this information. Removing the thread in question at this point would only serve to inconvenience the casual browser, and may even lead to individuals altering the original file to disparage or glorify a student or teacher, and then passing off their modified version as the true original.

As I type this message I understand that various media outlets have picked up the story, as there is a discussion underway in the thread in question itself discussing the merits of retaining vs deleting this information. At this point I intend to allow the discussion to play out, listening to the concerns of the community (both for and against removing the content) and will come to a decision regarding this issue tomorrow.

I sincerely apologize for the trouble this issue has caused. While Fairfax Underground does strive to be a free place for whistle blowers to share sensitive and embarrassing information, it certainly does not intend to play host to the unnecessary exposure of innocent people.

If you have any further questions or requests please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks and enjoy!

- Cary Wiedemann
--Curator, FairfaxUnderground.com
+1 703 592 6498

-- End Fairfax Underground Response --

As the file in question may have some scholarly value, and the deletion of said file certainly will not prevent its redistribution, my instinct here is to leave everything intact. Please comment in this thread if you agree or disagree with my decisions and reasoning and I will certainly take your comments into account.

- Cary (the admin)

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: December 20, 2012 07:34PM

Who's Ben?

Posted by: go cary!! ()
Date: December 20, 2012 07:40PM

Hey guys, while you are on fairfaxunderground, why dont you take a look at some jokes to lighten you up.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/1066713.html

Date: December 20, 2012 07:51PM

Cary, do what YOU feel is right. You'll have critics either way. Not complying may lead to some headaches but if you think it's worth it, do it.

Date: December 20, 2012 07:52PM

Those jokes are really last week. Got any Nixon jokes?

Date: December 20, 2012 07:54PM

BEH Wrote:
> Who's Ben?

Ben is the Edwardo Saverin of FairfaxUnderground

Date: December 20, 2012 07:58PM

Personally, I think you should delete the files. Whoever did this has no regard for others. Maybe he(she)) is a sociopath. If he gets his kicks hurting people or has no regard for the consequences, his actions are going to get more extreme. Letting him get a foothold here would be a mistake. Or do what you like.

Posted by: Nota Lawyer ()
Date: December 20, 2012 07:59PM

Because the lawyers don't make any money unless they're working, I'd expect a court order early tomorrow...

Posted by: bigger issue here ()
Date: December 20, 2012 08:04PM

FU sheds light on a very serious problem---data security at FCPS.

They should be looking into how this information became public.

I do not believe FERPA violations allow for monetary damages, but FCPS could certainly face a fine from The Department of Education.

Posted by: WUSA9 ()
Date: December 20, 2012 08:07PM

Cary Wrote:
> As the file in question may have some scholarly
> value, and the deletion of said file certainly
> will not prevent its redistribution, my instinct
> here is to leave everything intact. Please
> comment in this thread if you agree or disagree
> with my decisions and reasoning and I will
> certainly take your comments into account.
>
> - Cary (the admin)

As the un-official correspondent for the WUSA9 News Team for the past 3 years, I completely agree with you and applaud you for keeping true to your websites core values. However, I must interject that while the posting on your blog does not necessarily violate the terms and conditions for using this online tool that you call Fairfax Underground, I firmly believe that it would be right and just to have those articles in question removed.

-WUSA9 (has no actual affiliation with WUSA9 and the author wishes to point out, in case it was not already embarrassingly, ridiculously, and painfully obvious, that the opinions he expresses above are his own, and they do not represent in any way those affiliations, which may or may not include WUSA9, tshut, FCPS, the Italian Union of The Blind, Mensa International, Children's Television Workshop(CTW), or Cockram Construction."

Posted by: let me also add ()
Date: December 20, 2012 08:11PM

FCPS has a long history of FERPA violations. Many schools post a student's GPA on websites and publicly disclose them--at sports banquets for example. There will be a 10 person basketball team and they will announce that 8 students received a gpa of 3.0 or better fogetting that they disclosed the gpa of the remaining players.

Last year, one high school (principal is an idiot) thought he would reward studnets with good grades/attendance by giving them sore sort of lanyard with an award or something so it would be the "walk of shame" in the school for kids who did not have the lanyard. The absence of one would identify them as either pooracademic students or having a suspension on their record.

Its hilarious to see them play the protector of confidential records now.

Date: December 20, 2012 08:11PM

Cary Wrote:
> Please

Well thought-out as usual. Deleting it now would be pointless.

These people inevitably get caught. It's not your job to delete a thread like this to try and prevent the OP getting positive reinforcement out of other people's misery (or whatever someone above said). You could do that all day and the forum would pretty much be empty. :-)

Posted by: Westfield HS-violation 1 ()
Date: December 20, 2012 08:15PM

WHS Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Dinner
Date Posted: Tuesday Apr 12, 2011

The Westfield High School Athletic Hall of Fame committee is pleased to announce this year's Hall of Fame class will be inducted at a celebration dinner and induction ceremony to be held at the Chantilly National Golf and Country Club on Tuesday, May 24th at 6:30 PM. The community is invited to attend, tickets are $40.00 per person and are required. All tickets must be ordered by May 6th. To order a ticket or for more information, please contact Kim Davidson at kimkiledavidson@gmail.com or (703) 304-5015.

Posted by: Centreville identifies GPAs ()
Date: December 20, 2012 08:24PM

There are many opportunities available at Centreville High School for academic recognition. A majority of these are initiatives brought on by the Academic Enrichment Committee. The following are some of the ways students are recognized for their academic achievements.

CVHS Academic Letter - If a Centreville HS student keeps a 3.8 or higher GPA for an individual school year, he or she may earn a CVHS Academic Letter. These are identical to the varsity athletic letters awarded to varsity athletes, with the addition of a sewn-in Academics designation. If a Centreville HS student earns more than one CVHS Academic Letter over their time at CVHS, they will receive a gold-colored bar pin that can be pinned on the letter, designating that they have earned a 2nd or 3rd year. These Academic Letters are awarded annually, usually in late September, for the previous CVHS school year.

CVHS Honor Roll - Centreville High School offers several opportunities to achieve Honor Roll status. If a student earns "all A's" on their report card, they are eligible for the ALL A Honor Roll. These students are recognized with a special breakfast approximately 3 weeks after their "All A" quarter ends. If a student earns "all A's and B's" on their report card, they are eligible for the ALL A/B Honor Roll. Both the All A and All A/B Honor Roll students are awarded certificates, a letter of congratulations from CVHS and a "Proud Parent of a CVHS Hono Roll Student" bumper sticker. Additionally, the names of all students making both honor rolls are posted in the CVHS Academic Hall of Honor.

CVHS "On a Roll" Honor Roll - Three times a year, faculty are given the opportunity to award a "Most Improved" status to a student they're teaching, via the "On a Roll" Honor Roll. This particular Honor Roll is intended to award the efforts of those students who are diligently working to improve their scholastic efforts and academic record. These students are honored with a congratulatory certificate that can be redeemed by them for a treat in the cafeteria. Additionally, their names may be posted in the Most Improved section of the CVHS Academic Hall of Honor.

Student-specific Hall of Honor - This area, prominently featured in the main hallway of CVHS, highlights academic achievement of all levels at Centreville High School. The quarterly Honor Roll recipients for the "All A" and "All A/B" Honor Roll names are listed here. Additionally, any student achieving a perfect score on any CVHS- issued SOL test will have their name listed. Because studies have shown that good attendance equates to better grades, all CVHS students with perfect school attendance are showcased here as well. Finally, all students winning an "On a Roll" designation are featured under the Most Improved Students section.

School-specific Hall of Honor - CVHS has won a large quantity of school-wide awards in a variety of categories over the past years, and these school-wide academic awards have their own display case. We are very proud of our outstanding CVHS faculty, who have won county, state and national awards since CVHS's opening and who continue to do so today. As a result, all CVHS faculty members who win or have won awards related to their areas of instruction are featured here.

Underclassmen Awards - At the end of each school year, freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are recognized for their outstanding achievements in the classroom at our annual Underclassmen Awards Ceremony.

Senior Awards - At the end of each school year, seniors are recgonized for their outstanding achievements in the classroom at our annual Senior Awards Ceremony.

Date: December 20, 2012 08:28PM

Any parents gonna try and sue FCPS?

Posted by: West Springfield discloses gpas ()
Date: December 20, 2012 08:32PM

West Springfield High School HONOR ROLL 3rd Quarter 2011-2012

Abebe, Kuleni D.
Abed, Aladdin N.
Abed, Amaly N.
Abou-Ghayda, Mahmoud H.
Adase, Dominic D.
Adjei, Karen H.
Adu-Amankwah, Emmanuel
Ahlskog, Katherine A.
Ahmad, Adil
Ahmad, Ishrar N.
Ahola, Matthew J.
Akers, Morgan J.
Alcorta, Caroline M.
Al-Haddad, John G.
Ali, Ayan M.
Allen, Jacob M.
Alsayed, Ali A.
Al-Shammari, Ola Ali H.
Alvarez Villegas, Maria M.
Amparo Jose, Katherine
Anand, Nipun
Anderson, Charene J.
Anderson, Jacob W.
Andrawis, Lydia M.
Ang, Jei-Si
Anjum, Amna
Annetti, Katherine M.
Anyanwu, Kpakpando A.
Arquette, Jason T.
Astrow, Mallory V.
Atraoui, Oumaima
Atwal, Gurkaran Jot S.
Auh, David H.
Ausberry, Mycah L.
Azir, Kirollos N.
Bae, Edward J.
Baines, Courtney C.
Baiqra, Tamana
Bakeer, Zaina
Baker, Mary R.
Banks, Bruce W.
Banks, Tommie A.
Barraclough, Aaron R.

Date: December 20, 2012 08:39PM

FERPA states:

Schools may disclose, without consent, "directory" information such as a student's name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, honors and awards, and dates of attendance. However, schools must tell parents and eligible students about directory information and allow parents and eligible students a reasonable amount of time to request that the school not disclose directory information about them. Schools must notify parents and eligible students annually of their rights under FERPA. The actual means of notification (special letter, inclusion in a PTA bulletin, student handbook, or newspaper article) is left to the discretion of each school.

http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html

so shut the fuck up, idiot.

Posted by: read it again DA ()
Date: December 20, 2012 08:42PM

Don't see GPA listed.

Posted by: PRIOR APPROVAL NEEDED ()
Date: December 20, 2012 08:46PM

With respect to educational information, FERPA precludes the disclosure of this information absent the prior approval of the student or parent. The issue of what constitutes “educational information” has been hotly contested and subject to much litigation since the inception of FERPA. FERPA defines “education records” as “records, files, documents, and other materials” that are “maintained by an educational agency or institution, or by a person acting for such agency or institution.” While it is clear that educational information includes a student’s transcripts, GPA, grades, social security number, and academic evaluations, courts have also included in this category certain psychological evaluations.

Posted by: Hoping it will go away ()
Date: December 20, 2012 08:46PM

The School Board and their lawyers are just doing what typical control-mentality people do when facing an embarrassing issue: Do whatever it takes to deflect blame and hope that it goes away before they get implicated or otherwise look bad.

Taking down the file or this thread doesn't serve anyone or anything, other than the School Board. The information is out. Whoever obtained the information may or may not have criminal or civil liability for trespassing, violating the school system's terms of use for their computer systems, or something else, but this site is not culpable just because the person chose to upload the file here.

The notice they sent to Cary has no teeth. They just hoped that it would intimidate Cary into taking down the file voluntarily. They will not be able to obtain an enforceable court order. Notice I said enforceable, because they may find a sympathetic judge who will issue one, but Cary can easily fight it since it serves no purpose and protects nobody to take down that file now.

Posted by: #FairfaxUnderground ()
Date: December 20, 2012 09:09PM

Via the website Tweet Tabs http://www.tweettabs.com/
Searched:
Fairfax Underground
FairfaxUnderground
Fairfax High School
Fairfax Highschool
Fairfax HS
FairfaxHS
Fairfax Leak
Fairfax Leaks
Fairfax Grades

and any other searches that you come up with. Tons of tweets abound!

Attachments:
tweettabs dot com.jpg

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: December 20, 2012 09:11PM

I like EsseBigDick's unibrow....

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: December 20, 2012 09:12PM

I agree with your response, Cary. I don't think the info should have been posted, but unless there's a legal precedent, I agree with leaving it up.

Date: December 20, 2012 09:16PM

hmm... the scholarly applications of the data could be interesting and amusing. i just might have to look into it.

Posted by: LMAO @ Fairfax Highschool Troll ()
Date: December 20, 2012 09:32PM

in my quest i noticed a tweet stating: "the troll of Fairfax High School"... file.php?2,file=77265,filename=fairfax+h

so upon further inspection I clicked the link ( http://twitter.com/Rebula_Nebula/status/281910397827682304/photo/1 ) and found this LMAO (i added the arrow:
file.php?2,file=77266,filename=fairfax+h

@ybbba most certainly is the offical troll of fairfax high school

Posted by: Fhssenior ()
Date: December 20, 2012 10:07PM

Can you repost the link, I can't seem to open it.

Posted by: 4 da realz ()
Date: December 20, 2012 10:25PM

Posted by: blackboard number ()
Date: December 20, 2012 10:55PM

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/234620/158/Schools-Want-Website-To-Remove-Students-Names-Grades

i was watching the wusa9 video of what happened and they showed pictures of the documents and talked about how the student id #'s were also included in the file. then they went on to say that those numbers are used for billing students school lunches but also so the kids can log onto blackboard for their assignments. they said the students still need a password to login but i wonder how many of those students use the password "password" or "password1" or "!QAZ1qaz" or something along those lines...Although I never would've know those numbers were there or what they were for if the news hadn't told me.

Posted by: Stunned parent ()
Date: December 21, 2012 01:14AM

Truly;

What is the purpose of doing this? Leaving this information on this thread...

What is derived from doing this; these kids, many of them are busting their asses to better themselves, apply to colleges and work thorough an incredibly hard period(4 months). Truly, I don't give a rats a** about what you believe the rights of the original poster to be; delete it.

Cary; these kids don't need additional pressure having to correct, cure or battle bs info when applying to colleges.

Enough is enough; someone (you) need to step up....please

Posted by: Step up please ()
Date: December 21, 2012 01:23AM

Stunned parent Wrote:
> Truly;
>
> What is the purpose of doing this? Leaving this
> information on this thread...
>
> What is derived from doing this; these kids, many
> of them are busting their asses to better
> themselves, apply to colleges and work thorough an
> incredibly hard period(4 months). Truly, I don't
> give a rats a** about what you believe the rights
> of the original poster to be; delete it.

If your kid doesn't get into Tech or UVA, it won't be because someone leaked grades from last year. But I can imagine you are on pins and needles waiting to find out if all of your hard work and helicopter parenting has succeeded in getting your spawn into a good school.

>
> Cary; these kids don't need additional pressure
> having to correct, cure or battle bs info when
> applying to colleges.

Yes, admissions officers are trolling the internet looking for one semester's worth of grades for one student from one high school, because they don't receive the entire 4 year transcript from the school's guidance counselor.

Overreact much?

>
> Enough is enough; someone (you) need to step
> up....please

"step up"? Maybe you should stand down.

Posted by: Reply to dumbass ()
Date: December 21, 2012 01:42AM

Why;

Do you have kids involved...

I don't at the moment but I'm interested; share with all of us the value please; I can't wait to hear...

Date: December 21, 2012 01:53AM

As for your, "step down" reference; my son is out, in college and doing well you prick. No "helicoptering" here. Just trying to understanding why you and your friends troll for information on juveniles. Get a LIFE.

Hey dude; get out from behind bs privacy postings; let's talk with other parents; what say you....

Chicken shit

Date: December 21, 2012 01:53AM

Stunned parent Wrote:
> Truly;
>
> What is the purpose of doing this? Leaving this
> information on this thread...
>
> What is derived from doing this; these kids, many
> of them are busting their asses to better
> themselves, apply to colleges and work thorough an
> incredibly hard period(4 months). Truly, I don't
> give a rats a** about what you believe the rights
> of the original poster to be; delete it.
>
> Cary; these kids don't need additional pressure
> having to correct, cure or battle bs info when
> applying to colleges.
>
> Enough is enough; someone (you) need to step
> up....please

The kids failing geometry aren't busting their asses. One kid had 11 absences.

Good grades -> good college -> be proud

bad grades -> mcdonalds -> we could deductively reason why the kid is working there (but maybe the kid couldn't lol)

Then this guy
>Yes, admissions officers are trolling the internet looking for one semester's worth of grades for one student from one high school, because they don't receive the entire 4 year transcript from the school's guidance counselor.

lol not like the kid isn't going to send his full and official transcript anyways, right?

Date: December 21, 2012 02:15AM

I can only assume you are stupid! Ever had a kid apply to college whereby, SAT's, LSAT's aren't verified?????????

Step off; you have no clue pal...

In today's economic environment these kids are battling for in state spots when UVA, Tech, GMU, JMU, etc would far rather take out of state tuition income so as to cover tuition deficiencies; just a stupid response. Mindless energy on your part. Nothing worse than someone who speaks, (or texts under the cloak of darkness) bs

Posted by: Chicken Shit ()
Date: December 21, 2012 02:20AM

Stunned parent Wrote:
> As for your, "step down" reference; my son is out,
> in college and doing well you prick. No
> "helicoptering" here. Just trying to understanding
> why you and your friends troll for information on
> juveniles. Get a LIFE.

My friends and I have nothing to do with the leaked grades. You can't be so dumb that you think anyone who posts a comment is responsible for the original posting, can you?

>
> Hey dude; get out from behind bs privacy postings;

I like my bs privacy postings, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I think I'll stay behind it, and I'll hide behind my computer monitor for a little added protection, as well.

> let's talk with other parents;

I don't want to talk to other parents. They are all self-righteous and talk a lot about their little spawn and how important they are for raising kids.

> what say you....

What say you?
>
> Chicken shit

Doo Doo brain.

Posted by: tard ()
Date: December 21, 2012 02:21AM

Not sure the Law School Admittance Test (LSAT) is taken by high schoolers, jackass...

Posted by: This is unfair ()
Date: December 21, 2012 02:30AM

My kid worked so hard and this site just ruined his chances of getting into a good school now.

All those hours he spent studying for the GMAT down the drain.

Posted by: ctrl + F ()
Date: December 21, 2012 03:39AM

Ctrl F and search gonzales vs nyugen WOW

Date: December 21, 2012 07:52AM

ROFLMAO@ the asshole who thinks cause a kid goes to public school, you have a right to the info.
HEY ASSWIPE! You drive on a PUBLIC ROAD! Whats your SSN? Hey, I pay my taxes for the road so I guess yr SSN is my business then, isnt it?..................Jackass.

Anywho, if anyone's kid is on this list, dont sweat it - nobody's gonna care in a year about this AT ALL! And if the grades are bad, just look at this as a EXCELLENT CHANCE to work hard to change yr grades so in May when school is over, you can go back and shove you good grades in everyone's face, tell them to EAT IT! LoLz

OP, yr still a faggot ;)

Posted by: Taxi Payer ()
Date: December 21, 2012 08:26AM

Get over yourselves.

Posted by: funnyish ()
Date: December 21, 2012 08:31AM

Parents today act too entitled.

There's a reason the indians and asians are the only ones success with educational endeavors.

They apply themselves and dont expect Obamas handouts!

A big fcuk you to the parents concerned over this. It should encourage your rug rats to do better!!!!

Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: December 21, 2012 08:42AM

John Did It Wrote:
> A quick check of the document properties reveals
> that it was authored using Microsoft Word 2007 by
> someone named "John" on October 24, 2012 at 7:57
> in the evening.

The original file from which the PDF was made was produced on June 18th at 10:32.

Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: December 21, 2012 08:44AM

Olde Farte, II Wrote:
> The original file from which the PDF was made was
> produced on June 18th at 10:32.

Ahem...make that 10:13...

Posted by: John Did It ()
Date: December 21, 2012 09:23AM

Olde Farte, II Wrote:
> John Did It Wrote:
> -----
> > A quick check of the document properties
> reveals
> > that it was authored using Microsoft Word 2007
> by
> > someone named "John" on October 24, 2012 at
> 7:57
> > in the evening.
>
> The original file from which the PDF was made was
> produced on June 18th at 10:13.

So, it's likely a dump file that was produced towards the end of the school year, then sat around until some enterprising person found it sitting around and converted it to a PDF file in late October.

Why would that person then have sat on the file for another six weeks before posting it on Fairfax Underground?

I'm thinking it was produced by one of the administrators at Fairfax High School, who then left the file on his or her computer. An enterprising youth somehow gained access to the computer (probably one of the FCPS' laptops) and copied off the file, either to a USB stick or simply E-mailing it to himself. (Either the administrator did not delete the file, or simply moved it to the windows Recycle Bin, or the youth used an undelete utility to recover the file.)

He then took the file and tried to figure out how to release it without leaving a trail back to himself and discovered the TOR network.

Posted by: Jay Essay ()
Date: December 21, 2012 09:25AM

"The dollars spent teaching your brat are mostly wasted and stolen from people like Taxpayer and myself. You should be ashamed for talking back to the person who pays the bills you are responsible for.
I'm certain though that you are not ashamed nor will you ever be.
You have bought into the sick fiction that criminal actions undertaken by many are no longer immoral, but laudable.
Have some respect for other peoples' opinions. Especially those you owe a debt to."

The twisted mind behind the above desperately needs help. You are defending the illegal posting of private educational records of minors, in violation of state and federal laws, while arguing that OTHER people are treating criminal actions as laudable? Good grief.

Posted by: Stephen ()
Date: December 21, 2012 09:51AM

I think it's great someone posted the grades, I can only wish other public records were really public record and open to inspection. next I'd like to see The criminal records of the family members of our Legislators.

Posted by: You First ()
Date: December 21, 2012 10:31AM

Stephen Wrote:
> I think it's great someone posted the grades, I
> can only wish other public records were really
> public record and open to inspection. next I'd
> like to see The criminal records of the family
> members of our Legislators.

Good idea. Why don't you start this by posting all of your private information?

Posted by: last night's meeting ()
Date: December 21, 2012 10:36AM

The Board will now make a motion to go into closed meeting:

(1) to consult with legal counsel and consider briefings by staff members pertaining to a third-party data breach involving student information and probable litigation pursuant to Section 2.2-3711(A)(7) of the Code of Virginia;

THIRD PARTY DATA BREACH????????

Not sure this meeting qualifies as closed?

Posted by: Another Taxpayer ()
Date: December 21, 2012 10:39AM

Jay Essay Wrote:
> "The dollars spent teaching your brat are mostly
> wasted and stolen from people like Taxpayer and
> myself. You should be ashamed for talking back to
> the person who pays the bills you are responsible
> for.
> I'm certain though that you are not ashamed nor
> will you ever be.
> You have bought into the sick fiction that
> criminal actions undertaken by many are no longer
> immoral, but laudable.
> Have some respect for other peoples' opinions.
> Especially those you owe a debt to."
>
> The twisted mind behind the above desperately
> needs help. You are defending the illegal posting
> of private educational records of minors, in
> violation of state and federal laws, while arguing
> that OTHER people are treating criminal actions as
> laudable? Good grief.

You clearly can't read, so let me help you.
1. Info posted
2. Taxpayer thinks it's not so bad
3. Ignorant, freeloading parent tries to should taxpayer down
4. I defended the EXPRESSION of the Taxpayer, not the posting of the information

Get a job and use the money to pay for a real education because your government school clearly failed you.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: December 21, 2012 11:45AM

Cary Wrote:
> As the file in question may have some scholarly
> value, and the deletion of said file certainly
> will not prevent its redistribution, my instinct
> here is to leave everything intact. Please
>
> - Cary (the admin)

The issue is not whether it was posted to Fairfax Underground or whether you should leave it up. The issue is that the FCPS's data was compromised. If FU didn't exist, then the OP would have just posted it on another site. It sounds like the blame is trying to be deflected from FCPS's security breach to FU's role in the information's dissemination.

The spirit of FU compels me to think it should be left up. This info is hardly scandalous and it's not blowing the roof off of some massive cover-up. As long as you, Cary, are not in violation of any laws, you should leave it as-is. I would, however, be cooperative with any official, legal requests to comply with an investigation. This information is hardly worth a costly, protracted legal battle.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Lloydster ()
Date: December 21, 2012 12:14PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Cary Wrote:
> -----
> > As the file in question may have some scholarly
> > value, and the deletion of said file certainly
> > will not prevent its redistribution, my
> instinct
> > here is to leave everything intact. Please
> > comment in this thread if you agree or disagree
> > with my decisions and reasoning and I will
> > certainly take your comments into account.
> >
> > - Cary (the admin)
>
> The issue is not whether it was posted to Fairfax
> Underground or whether you should leave it up. The
> issue is that the FCPS's data was compromised. If
> FU didn't exist, then the OP would have just
> posted it on another site. It sounds like the
> blame is trying to be deflected from FCPS's
> security breach to FU's role in the information's
> dissemination.
>
> The spirit of FU compels me to think it should be
> left up. This info is hardly scandalous and it's
> not blowing the roof off of some massive cover-up.
> As long as you, Cary, are not in violation of any
> laws, you should leave it as-is. I would, however,
> be cooperative with any official, legal requests
> to comply with an investigation. This information
> is hardly worth a costly, protracted legal battle.

here here

I could be wrong but I'm right 99% of the time

I love the interwebz! You cant make this stuff up!
Date: December 21, 2012 05:17PM

just CLASSIC!!!

Another Taxpayer Wrote:
> You clearly can't read, so let me help you.
> 1. Info posted
> 2. Taxpayer thinks it's not so bad
> 3. Ignorant, freeloading parent tries to should
> taxpayer down
o_0 ?????
> 4. I defended the EXPRESSION of the Taxpayer, not
> the posting of the information
>
> Get a job and use the money to pay for a real
> education because your government school clearly
> failed you.

cause yr education is so much better apparently LoLz

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: December 21, 2012 08:27PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Cary Wrote:
> -----
>
> The issue is not whether it was posted to Fairfax
> Underground or whether you should leave it up. The
> issue is that the FCPS's data was compromised. If
> FU didn't exist, then the OP would have just
> posted it on another site. It sounds like the
> blame is trying to be deflected from FCPS's
> security breach to FU's role in the information's
> dissemination.
>
> The spirit of FU compels me to think it should be
> left up. This info is hardly scandalous and it's
> not blowing the roof off of some massive cover-up.
> As long as you, Cary, are not in violation of any
> laws, you should leave it as-is. I would, however,
> be cooperative with any official, legal requests
> to comply with an investigation. This information
> is hardly worth a costly, protracted legal battle.

+1

I think that whoever posted the file is an ass. I'm sure that plenty of kids have been needlessly embarrassed (though I think it is absurd to believe this will have any significant impact on admission to college/future careers).

However, I think that the school's response should focus on preventing this from happening again. This file is not the problem and has likely already been posted elsewhere - perhaps in a more indexable format.

Date: December 22, 2012 12:08AM

Cary did you verify that there are actually 2166 names in the uploaded pdf file as stated in the "Mandatory Temporary Restraining Order as found on this page:Fairfax County School Board v. John Doe and Cary Wiedemann? The original poster had stated that it was a 2166 page file of Fairfax HS students(as opposed to 2166 student names) and didn't mention the actual number of students. I don't know the total number as I never personally open the file, however, if in fact there aren't 2166 students then the Restraining Order is actually invalid based on a technicality.

Disclaimer: I am not an actual attorney but I have some experience in getting off on a technicality.

file.php?2,file=77328,filename=were+ther

Posted by: ChinaCat ()
Date: December 22, 2012 12:09PM

And there it is! The reason the post was allowed despite blatant violation of underage kids privacy! Was it so much more important for you to get the publicity and new posters than to make sure your site and your posters are not endangering the kids in the area? SHAMEFUL!!!!

Posted by: FatCat ()
Date: December 22, 2012 12:24PM

ChinaCat Wrote:

> endangering the kids in the area? SHAMEFUL!!!!

I'd like to know how you believe the "kids in the area" were in any danger. Sure it had the student's names but those are also published on all FCPS website's athletics pages...It was a violation of privacy and a violation of the FCPS computer security which is why it was more of a threat to the Fairfax County Public School system than it was to any child that was involved. The security and privacy violations that occured by allowing a user to have authorized access to make an unauthorized release of that information has the potential to lose the County a lot of money in federal funding for education for years to come.

Posted by: Think about the Children! ()
Date: December 22, 2012 12:35PM

ChinaCat Wrote:
> And there it is! The reason the post was allowed
> despite blatant violation of underage kids
> privacy! Was it so much more important for you to
> get the publicity and new posters than to make
> sure your site and your posters are not
> endangering the kids in the area? SHAMEFUL!!!!

oh no, think of the children! It's all about the children!

Your logic is flawed. This site doesn't generate any revenue of any sort for the owner, so there is no need for publicity or new posters. There is no personal identifying information in the file, so the underage (or even over age) kids are not at any risk, whatsoever.

But that shouldn't stop you from getting all worked up. Think about the children!

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.