HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
AAP parents gone wild
Posted by: Let me off ()
Date: December 07, 2012 08:51PM

So my kid is in AAP in FCPS. I like that he's being challenged, but its basically equivalent to what used to be called tracking when I was a kid. It's nice, but I'm a believer that people will rise to the level they are capable of - it's not the program but the skills/capabilities of the kid that matter.

There's something that the county is planning on dispersing the students across schools versus centers. Since my kid is in AAP, I'm getting emails (multiple per day) from the AAP parents organizing against the change.

What a bunch of entitled, self important assholes the AAP parents are. I can't believe the shit I am reading - like moving a few kids around between schools is some kind of academic Apartheid. All of these people who can't wait to spend other people's taxes on an enhanced education for their 'gifted' child.

I'm no big fan of FCPS teachers and admin, but I cannot imagine what it's like to have these windbags dissect and critique every decision they ever make, FOIA requests every day, organizing to go to meetings. I got a note the other day on a meeting at 10am on a weekday - seriously, how unbalanced do you need to be to be going to school board meetings in the middle of the work day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AAP parents gone wild
Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: December 08, 2012 09:21AM

Is this about the short, yellow bus kids? Somebody's kid get left on the bus again?

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.