HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Springfield car window shootings
Posted by: brokenglass ()
Date: December 04, 2012 10:47AM

From the Post yesterday (and several TV outlets):

http://tinyurl.com/cymxfkn

Anyone else have more info on this? I'm sure this is what happened to me the other night in Springfield, and in fact the shooters waited until we got into the car to blow out my rear window. If I'd seen this video, I would have realized who they were--the CRV was idling right behind my car. Clearly they're getting a lot bolder.

Am trying to work with the police but after two days of calls am not having much luck.

And no, Post commentators, these are not high school kids. I couldn't ID them in a lineup, but I can tell you there were three or four adult men in that car.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Springfield car window shootings
Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: December 04, 2012 11:42AM

From the FCPD site:

Dozens of Cars Shot; Suspects Sought

West Springfield Police District - Police are seeking the public’s help to locate suspect(s) responsible for shooting through dozens of car windows in the Newington Forest and Terra Grande neighborhoods. The shootings involve either a pellet or b-b gun and took place over the past week, primarily between the hours of 1 and 3 a.m. as recently as Thursday, November 29.

In most of the incidents, the vehicles are empty; however in at least one of the cases, the vehicle was occupied.

The suspect vehicle is reportedly a silver Honda CRV. Detectives indicate that the rear windows of minivans or SUVs appear to be targeted by the suspects.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

Date: December 04, 2012 11:57AM

Crimesolvers wants me to talk to the police, since I don't have a tip per se; I am potentially one of the victims.

I won't go into details of how I've had six calls into the police over two days and have yet to speak to anyone who's taking this seriously. I'm making one more call before I start talking to supervisors.

I had thought the fact that these guys waited for a young child to climb into the backseat before they took their shot would get someone's attention. But apparently not.

Posted by: Scrambler ()
Date: December 04, 2012 12:12PM

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/12/cars-shot-by-bb-gun-in-fairfax-county-82712.html

It happened in the Woodstrem neighborhood on Magic Leaf Rd off Pohick Rd as well. I saw two vehicles with broken windows myself.

Date: December 04, 2012 12:28PM

Thanks for that link. Once again, everyone seems to think it's joyriding teenagers. I saw these guys--they are not kids. Since they appear to be escalating by shooting at cars that people are entering, I wouldn't be surprised if it's part of a gang initiation. Wonder who needs to get badly injured before people stop dismissing this as a prank.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: December 04, 2012 12:45PM

looks like an older one...... like one of these two

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2012 12:48PM by Gordon Blvd.
Attachments:
640px-2005-2006_Honda_CR-V_--_02-29-2012.JPG
1st-Honda-CR-V_.jpg

Posted by: had enough of trash ()
Date: December 04, 2012 12:55PM

Time to fight back with all the scum moving to NOVA.

I'm getting a gun.

If these punks come near me- I will try her out.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.