HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 27
Re: Highschool Football 2013
Posted by: Nostradamus ()
Date: September 06, 2013 10:41PM

Madison was getting crushed 42-0 when I left the game in the 4th quarter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dan w ()
Date: September 06, 2013 11:10PM

falls church over annandale
centreville over tc
chantilly over lee
fairfax over west po
soco over hayfield
edison over west springfield
langley over yorktown
lake braddock over stone bridge
wakefield over marshall

no scores this is just who won

Posted by: Science > Football ()
Date: September 06, 2013 11:36PM

Nostradamus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Madison was getting crushed 42-0 when I left the
> game in the 4th quarter.

You left to watch the moon launch, I presume?

I made sure my kids watched it-just a little moving speck, but a testimony to what science (and education) can accomplish.

Man didn't get to the moon by playing football or fretting over conference scores, that's for sure.

Posted by: FAIRFAX HYPESQUAD ()
Date: September 06, 2013 11:52PM

FAIRFAX FOOTBALL OVER WEST PO 39-25 HELL YEAH!!! OOOOH KILL EM
The rebels and nick Scott are in for a great season! Go rebels!

Posted by: Spartan nightmare ()
Date: September 07, 2013 12:14AM

Omg what a train wreck my west Springfield Spartans were... we just lost to Edison... I'm going to be sick. Edison was terrible, we should have beat them by the scores. I'm not one to bash a new coach, but this hire made no sense from the start. if we cant beat Edisonson, there is no way we beat lee or Annandale.

Posted by: Spartan nightmare ()
Date: September 07, 2013 12:14AM

Omg what a train wreck my west Springfield Spartans were... we just lost to Edison... I'm going to be sick. Edison was terrible, we should have beat them by the scores. I'm not one to bash a new coach, but this hire made no sense from the start. if we cant beat Edisonson, there is no way we beat lee or Annandale.

Posted by: Jackknife ()
Date: September 07, 2013 12:43AM

Are y'all impressed by soco putting up 56 points in each of their games?

Posted by: dapper dan ()
Date: September 07, 2013 01:31AM

Hey inquisitive one, looks like LB won the game on the ground. Stonebridge got bitch slapped!
Keep your day job. Football predictions with your Magic 8 ball ain't working real well for
you.

Posted by: nova football fan ()
Date: September 07, 2013 01:32AM

TJ 30, Stuart 0

Posted by: spartanjoke ()
Date: September 07, 2013 08:13AM

Of course the Spartans lost to Edison. WS football has been a train wreck for 4 years and nothing changed except the hiring of a train wreck of a basketball coach to coach football. Until they clean house and bring a principal who can lead by example and is at least somewhat respected by the students and a DSS that can actually run a sports program they will continue to be an embarrassment. Lake Braddock is 2 miles away and wins consistently across the board. When will the non leaders of men and women at WS be held accountable? BTW- the 10th high school in the state designation is a joke to everyone but the principal. Students are having fun with that one.

Posted by: Jonny ()
Date: September 07, 2013 09:42AM

What team are you all most impressed by?

Posted by: Spartan fan ()
Date: September 07, 2013 09:56AM

West Springfield was a playoff team last year, far from a joke.

partanjoke Wrote:
> Of course the Spartans lost to Edison. WS football
> has been a train wreck for 4 years and nothing
> changed except the hiring of a train wreck of a
> basketball coach to coach football. Until they
> clean house and bring a principal who can lead by
> example and is at least somewhat respected by the
> students and a DSS that can actually run a sports
> program they will continue to be an embarrassment.
> Lake Braddock is 2 miles away and wins
> consistently across the board. When will the non
> leaders of men and women at WS be held
> accountable? BTW- the 10th high school in the
> state designation is a joke to everyone but the
> principal. Students are having fun with that one.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: September 07, 2013 10:00AM

Jonny Wrote:
> What team are you all most impressed by?

I'd say Lake Braddock. They opened with 2 away games against solid football programs and came away with wins over Robinson and Stone Bridge.

Posted by: A bunch of perverts… ()
Date: September 07, 2013 10:04AM

All you guys getting off watching boys running around and throwing a ball. There's something wrong about that.

Ever hear of Jerry Sandusky? Think about it. Get your entertainment some other way.

Posted by: steve k2's reflections ()
Date: September 07, 2013 10:24AM

A bunch of perverts… Wrote:
> All you guys getting off watching boys running
> around and throwing a ball. There's something
> wrong about that.
>
> Ever hear of Jerry Sandusky? Think about it. Get
> your entertainment some other way.

STFU... football is football and you're a loser who obviously had a rough high school experience and probably amounted to very little.

Anyway, Centreville is amazing. Whooping a very good TC Williams team that beat Oakton by 36.

Lake Braddock is real good, and has started the year with a couple real good wins; but I don't think they have much of a shot against Centreville. They play Westfield in a couple weeks which will be a good measuring stick, I do think they're better than Westfield but haven't seen them play yet.

South County's dismantling of a good Hayfield team is very impressive. All those Coach Panoni haters from Centreville, look at the success he has brought to this program. Good coach, great team, them playing Chantilly in a few weeks should be a great game.

Upset of the season, by far, was Langley beating Yorktown. It looks like a good offensive line and pounding the ball is the way to get to Yorktown, the blue print is out. Langley plays Stone BRidge next week, I expect SB to win easily, but if Langley fairs well in that one, they are worth keeping an eye on.

Chantilly looked real good last night. I know they were playing Lee, but Lee was better than I expected too. They have three guys with super 40 speeds, and scored 75 on Edison who won last night. Lee will get some wins this year. Chantilly though has an exciting new qb who can really run. Don't think they're near Centreville, but this team can make some noise this year.

I thought Madison was going to be good this year, but going down to a average at best Oakton team 42-0 makes me think otherwise. I thought their game against Chantilly would be good next week, now i think Chantilly will run away with it.

I also thought Herndon was going to be better this year. Losing to Mount Vernon at home is terrible. Looks like they will be the punch bag in the Concorde again this year.

Date: September 07, 2013 10:41AM

A bunch of perverts… Wrote:
> All you guys getting off watching boys running
> around and throwing a ball. There's something
> wrong about that.
>
> Ever hear of Jerry Sandusky? Think about it. Get
> your entertainment some other way.

Thank goodness they aren't in science class...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=science+teacher+accused+of+having+sex+with+student

Posted by: better link ()
Date: September 07, 2013 10:56AM

Try this link:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=coach+convicted+of+having+sex+with+student

Burn in hell, Joe Paterno!

Posted by: Fan ()
Date: September 07, 2013 12:17PM

Jonny Wrote:
> What team are you all most impressed by?

Definitely Centreville. Centreville's first team offense scored on every offensive play against West Potomac and TC Williams. They scored 51 pts by the end of the 1st series in the 2nd half against WP and put up 44 points midway thru the 3rd quarter against TC. The 1st team defense has done a stellar job as well, holding West Potomac scoreless and giving up only a field goal on a short field. That's a whopping 95-3 in two games against decent opponents. The 2nd teams for Centreville have played fairly well against the opponents 1st teams showing Centreville has quality depth.

Date: September 07, 2013 05:36PM

The soco chantilly game is looking better by the minute as does soco vs lb

Posted by: Big Balls ()
Date: September 07, 2013 05:52PM

How about the small schools beating the big schools? Mount Vernon beats Herndon, Edison beating West Springfield, and Falls Church beating Annandale. Granted, All three big schools suck. Thoughts?

Date: September 07, 2013 06:16PM

The current PowerPoint standings
Attachments:
image.jpg

Posted by: ConcordePride ()
Date: September 07, 2013 06:39PM

Jonny Wrote:
> The current PowerPoint standings

Can someone explain this too me? How the hell is fucking langley ahead of centreville, Braddock, and SoCo?

Date: September 07, 2013 06:56PM

I actually don't know

Posted by: UPSETS ()
Date: September 07, 2013 08:54PM

Langley beat Yorktown last night, which was the heavy favorite. Not sure how the points work exactly, but Langley pulled an upset while Centreville, Soco and LB won games they were suppose to win. Beating a stronger opponent gives you more power points.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: September 07, 2013 09:03PM

But Lake Braddock beat Stone Bridge... I wouldn't say they were they supposed to win that game.

Regardless 2 weeks in (1 for half the schools) the rankings are really irrelevant right now.

Posted by: UPSETS ()
Date: September 08, 2013 12:39AM

The point spread for LB vs Stonebridge was 3 points or so. And Stonebridge is a 5A school (Less points for Braddock) Langley beat a 6A Yorktown team that was favored by almost 20 points, I believe. But you're right, power points are irrelevant right now. Come week 11 these will matter and I can assure you Langley will not be at the top but they have proven a good foot all team.

Posted by: Point spread ()
Date: September 08, 2013 01:13AM

Where the hell are you finding point spreads for high school football??

Posted by: Falls Church patron ()
Date: September 08, 2013 06:55AM

FALLS CHURCH BABY
they just beat a division 6 team Annandale 43-27 Daly, Coneys,Dupont, Mulumba, and Mejia are an extremely talented bunch

Posted by: I PIty These People ()
Date: September 08, 2013 07:15AM

Bunch of Al Bundy wannabes. The wait-list for Future Failures of America. And candidates for knee replacement surgery of course...

Date: September 08, 2013 07:44AM

Really Spartan fan? WS was a playoff team last year? That is because they had to take somebody. With their schedule they could not help but win 4-5 games and that ws enough. If that is what WS should be to you instead of competing with Lake Braddock, Centreville, and SoCo then give the DSS a slap on the back and say good job. Their best players are at private schools or not playing because of the vapid leadership they have had for five years now. No desire to improve and no clue how to paired with no accountability equals the mess that is there now. Yes they were a 'playoff team' last year. But the program has turned into a joke run by clowns.

Posted by: Ernie ()
Date: September 08, 2013 10:34AM

Did anyone see the end of the Mt Vernon at Herndon game. Herndon had the game just about wrapped up leading by one with the ball. Clock running down to one minute on 2nd down and the Herndon Coach calls a passing play. Mt Vernon intercepts the ball. Runs a play then kicks a game winning football.

Granted, Herndon will not win many games, but to give one away hurts.

Does anyone have any incite to why the Herndon Coach called that play?

Date: September 08, 2013 12:51PM

Don't worry Herndon- you have West Springfield this week.

Posted by: Ernie the illiterate ()
Date: September 08, 2013 01:14PM

Ernie Wrote:
> Did anyone see the end of the Mt Vernon at Herndon
> game. Herndon had the game just about wrapped up
> leading by one with the ball. Clock running down
> to one minute on 2nd down and the Herndon Coach
> calls a passing play. Mt Vernon intercepts the
> ball. Runs a play then kicks a game winning
> football.
>
> Granted, Herndon will not win many games, but to
> give one away hurts.
>
> Does anyone have any incite to why the Herndon
> Coach called that play?

Typical football loser, it is "insight" not "incite" you moron.

Posted by: To Spartan Joke ()
Date: September 08, 2013 01:43PM

Spartan Joke,

Since you know so much about leadership and football, why don't you go down to WSHS and help out. Otherwise let it go. Sounds like you're part of the problem too.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: September 08, 2013 02:06PM

ConcordePride Wrote:
> Jonny Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The current PowerPoint standings
>
>
> Can someone explain this too me? How the hell is
> fucking langley ahead of centreville, Braddock,
> and SoCo?

The rating system is posted on the VHSL football website. However I will illustrate the system using the Langley and CVille ratings. For CVille you have 2 wins with 26 points awarded for the wins. In addition, they are awarded 2 points for the TC win last week. That totals 54 points/2games with a 27 rating thru game 2.
With Langley, this is the first game for them so they are awarded 26 points for the win over Yorktown plus 2 points for their win last week. Hence you have 28 points for Langley. The important thing is that the ratings are not that important this early in the season.

Date: September 08, 2013 07:20PM

I know that it is early but I wanted people to know the pps now

Posted by: Faux Perv Hater Hater ()
Date: September 08, 2013 10:37PM

As a fan of HS football, of sport more generally, and of the back and forth on FFX Underground about a great sport...I want to comment on the jacka## going by handle I Pity These People, Point Spread, and A Bunch of Perverts...GET A LIFE! Sport is about teamwork, discipline, ambition, and achievement...most of the posters on this list have family friends or kids playing...or have put in effort to coach and build character for players. You seem jealous of the time invested...I am sorry you never had that type of effort invested in you. But ease up - we are not all victims of your complex! And you are getting irritating! I have only seen one poster focused on pedophilia on this site...and it is you! Go set up your own link for your own interest - clear pedophilia - and let the football posters focus on their interest!

Posted by: NoVaFootball ()
Date: September 10, 2013 09:11AM

Fairfax County top ten:

Centreville
Lake Braddock
Westfield
South County
Fairfax
Falls Church
Oakton
Robinson
Woodson
Hayfield

Posted by: KingConcorde ()
Date: September 10, 2013 09:39AM

You heard it here first. Westfield will beat Lake Braddock again; just like last year, LB will enter the game with alot of hype and Westfield will take them down.

Posted by: Football Fever ()
Date: September 10, 2013 09:56AM

While I am a CVille fan, I am impressed by the Westfield schedule. They have LB, SB, Chant and CVille in their last 8 games. CVille's schedule is much easier, with only Chantilly and Westfield.

I do not see much with Oakton or Robinson and CVille likely has memories of losses (which probably should have been wins) to both last year

Lake Braddocks' win over Sb was impressive and their schedule has Westfield and what looks like a possibly tough South County team on it but all of the others should be wins.

It will be interesting in the next few weeks as things play out but the LB/Westfield game will be a good one to hear about in the near future.

I do not see too much on the light schedule this week worth watching. From the Concorde perspective, Robinson and Chantilly should win - Herndon -not so much

Posted by: James ()
Date: September 10, 2013 10:26AM

What team do y'all have going under the radar?

Posted by: RydellRoad ()
Date: September 10, 2013 10:28AM

I also noticed Westfield has a tougher schedule.

It will be interesting to see how the LB game goes. Westfield's QB is still a work in progress with not that much experience and it shows. Other than that they seem very solid. Defense appears to be better than last year. Offense not as good - really have only 2 playmakers in T-Walker and Burns.

Sidenote:
Westfield has racked up 20 penalties for -161 yards in two games. Centreville has 23 penalties for -195 yards in their 2 games. So Westfield and Centreville have 43 penalties for -356 yards; while their opponents have combined for 12 penalties for -110 yards. What possible explanation is there for this disparity? Other than the obvious.

Date: September 10, 2013 10:48AM

NoVaFootball Wrote:
> Fairfax County top ten:
>
> Centreville
> Lake Braddock
> Westfield
> South County
> Fairfax
> Falls Church
> Oakton
> Robinson
> Woodson
> Hayfield

I have it:

Centreville
Lake Braddock
Westfield
Chantilly
South County
Robinson
Oakton
Woodson
Fairfax
Hayfield

Posted by: Bricks ()
Date: September 10, 2013 10:57AM

Wtf, why does he have Woodson and Falls Church in the top 10 FC schools?

Posted by: Football Scandal ()
Date: September 10, 2013 11:18AM

So much for the benefits of football:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1768255-oklahoma-state-football-profiled-in-sis-shocking-5-part-investigative-report?hpt=hp_t2

I for one do not want this kind of thing in our schools or communities.

Date: September 10, 2013 12:19PM

I am significantly in more agreement with RydellRoad. Cannot see Woodson in the top 10 of anything and I think Hayfield may be ranked higher as they probably had the toughest schedule to start, Westfield and South County - and it ain't gonna get better playing CVille next.

I would say they probably are in the top2 of toughest schedules - next to Westfield. From there, they have Yorktown as one of their remaining 7 game.

Posted by: Football Foolishness ()
Date: September 10, 2013 01:07PM

I concur with this:

So much for the benefits of football:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1768255-oklahoma-state-football-profiled-in-sis-shocking-5-part-investigative-report?hpt=hp_t2

I for one do not want this kind of thing in our schools or communities.

Posted by: The Kicker ()
Date: September 10, 2013 04:30PM

Football Foolishness Wrote:
> I concur with this:
>
> So much for the benefits of football:
>
> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1768255-oklahom
> a-state-football-profiled-in-sis-shocking-5-part-i
> nvestigative-report?hpt=hp_t2
>
> I for one do not want this kind of thing in our
> schools or communities.

That whole thing is a mess. Truly horrible. BUT: does anyone really think that, say Centreville/Robinson/Westfield/any high school football team does this? Really, this is modern NCAA football. Scandals everywhere. But saying that a high school football team pays for play? Garbage.

Date: September 10, 2013 04:37PM

And just to clear the air on this, does anyone not think that Centreville is the best team in 6A north? My top 10

Cville
Braddock
Wfield
Tilly
Yorktown
Soco
TC
Fairfax
Langley
Robinson
Oakton

Date: September 10, 2013 05:21PM

Football Fever Wrote:
>Cannot see Woodson in the top 10 of
> anything

I agree... brain cramp - I was thinking T.C. Williams.

Posted by: Brian ()
Date: September 10, 2013 07:32PM

The game I am looking forward to now is next week soco vs tilly

Posted by: LBkings ()
Date: September 10, 2013 10:00PM

Anyone know who this new Langley RB Tyler West is? apparently he ran for a ridiculous 299 yards against YORKTOWN. It's even more crazy when you realize MJ stewart only ran for 220. Why haven't I heard about this kid? is he a prospect?

Posted by: Jimmy The Greek ()
Date: September 11, 2013 03:20PM

Madison beats Chantilly tomorrow 24-20.

Date: September 11, 2013 04:34PM

LBkings Wrote:
> Anyone know who this new Langley RB Tyler West is?
> apparently he ran for a ridiculous 299 yards
> against YORKTOWN. It's even more crazy when you
> realize MJ stewart only ran for 220. Why haven't I
> heard about this kid? is he a prospect?

True, very impressive, and I have never heard of him either. But let's remember that, other than Stewart, the Yorktown defense is pretty bad. They gave up 50-some-odd points straight in the Region championship last year (I forget the actual number). Don't want to short this guy, but still not on my radar.

Posted by: Joe Paterno's Statue ()
Date: September 11, 2013 05:34PM

I am counting the days until Fairfax has a sports scandal that will make people forget Penn State…

Posted by: Dude! ()
Date: September 11, 2013 09:08PM

Jimmy The Greek Wrote:
> Madison beats Chantilly tomorrow 24-20.

You're fuckin' funny!!

Posted by: wheres my car ()
Date: September 11, 2013 10:04PM

Madison who? this chantilly team scored 61 points and completely shut down lee and beat stonebridge in the 1st preseason game.

This is the best chantilly team in quite some time

Posted by: wildcatsrbetter ()
Date: September 12, 2013 07:18AM

"beating shitty lee doesnt make you a contender. stay in 4th place while the real squad at centreville takes the concorde. fuck chantilly."

-everyone that matters.

Posted by: Jimmy The Greek ()
Date: September 12, 2013 07:40AM

1. That Lee/Edison game featured no defense showing for the game. A boy scout troop could drop 50 on those teams.
2. I believe that SB scrimmage was split squad, you got the B team.

Nice try, best Chantilly in quite some time, BAAHAAHAAAAHAAAA!!!

24-20 - Madison

Posted by: Purple Knight ()
Date: September 12, 2013 08:45AM

How good Chantilly is compared to a Centreville, Westfield and Lake Braddock is debatable, but they do have a pretty strong squad with a good new qb and a lot of athleticism, Chantilly will beat Madison by atleast 4 touchdowns. I promise you Chantilly is stronger than Oakton this year, and if Madison went down 42-0 to them, expect a blowout.

Posted by: purple knight ()
Date: September 12, 2013 08:46AM

And the Stone Bridge scrimmage was a full squad one, it was featured in the post.

Posted by: 5 Fan ()
Date: September 12, 2013 09:38AM

Div 6 rightfully gets most of the press, but I also like to keep an eye on the smaller schools.

Since SoCo is now D6, Fairfax has no chance to even have a Final Four participant in the playoffs this year.

Falls Church, TJ, and Mount Vernon are the three highest rated Fairfax schools.

Imagine those three playing Briar Woods, North Stafford, and Broad Run - never mind Stone Bridge.

Why are the Fairfax D5 schools so bad?

Posted by: 5 fan, what!?! ()
Date: September 12, 2013 10:41AM

That is because Falls Church and Mount Vernon both beat a Division 6 school you turd. Yes, the D5 schools are not what they used to be, so just take it for what it is.

Posted by: 5 Fan ()
Date: September 12, 2013 11:01AM

Turd?

How about the ungodly size of the one I dropped on your mom's breasts last night?

I know they are currently the three highest rated schools in Fairfax. That is why

I was commenting on how terrible the D5 schools from Fairfax are? The fact that

the best they have to offer is Falls Church, TJ, and Mount Vernon.

Herndon is a D6 school in name only, and absolutely handed the game to Mt. Vernon - coach should be fired for calling a pass with under a minute to go and the lead.

And Falls Church beating an Annandale team that has gone 6-24 the last three years doesn't exactly mean a hell of a lot.

Your mom has greats breasts for an old broad, by the way. Who knew she was into Stanley Steamers?

Next up for her? Bucking Bronco or Dirty Sanchez. Or both....

Date: September 12, 2013 11:42AM

Jimmy The Greek Wrote:
> Madison beats Chantilly tomorrow 24-20.

After watching Madion get outclassed in every aspect of the game by a mediocre Oakton team, I doubt Madison could even score a touchdown against Chantilly. A field goal is possible, but unlikely.

My prediction 49-0.

Date: September 12, 2013 12:24PM

Cmon Nostradamus, you have to figure the 2nd or third team will give up something. Madison will score one - maybe

As for the Fairfax County Division 6 teams, I think it is something like this:

1. Centreville - because of their weapons and depth but have not been challenged.

2. LB - Nice win over SB
3-5 3 way tie (Chantilly, Westfield and South County)
6. Langley

On September 20th, things will play out nicely. LB vs Westfield and Chantilly vs South County. Will clear many things up, early in the season.

Posted by: Jerry Sandickie ()
Date: September 12, 2013 01:51PM

Stone Bridge finally played a real team and got served! LOL

Posted by: Jontdhy ()
Date: September 12, 2013 08:11PM

Madison just scored so there goes your theory

Posted by: full disclosure ()
Date: September 12, 2013 08:53PM

Jontdhy Wrote:
> Madison just scored so there goes your theory

A field goal that is, to be down 28-3 at halftime.

Date: September 13, 2013 09:34AM

Football Fever Wrote:
> Cmon Nostradamus, you have to figure the 2nd or
> third team will give up something. Madison will
> score one - maybe
>
> As for the Fairfax County Division 6 teams, I
> think it is something like this:
>
> 1. Centreville - because of their weapons and
> depth but have not been challenged.
>
> 2. LB - Nice win over SB
> 3-5 3 way tie (Chantilly, Westfield and South
> County)
> 6. Langley
>
> On September 20th, things will play out nicely.
> LB vs Westfield and Chantilly vs South County.
> Will clear many things up, early in the season.

Looks like your right, Football Fever. Final score Chantilly 42 Madison 17.

Posted by: StinkyWarhawk ()
Date: September 13, 2013 09:54AM

full disclosure Wrote:
> Jontdhy Wrote:
> -----
> > Madison just scored so there goes your theory
>
> A field goal that is, to be down 28-3 at halftime.

Madison is awful! Looks like a 150 lb youth league team playing Varsity High School football. So much for Madison/Vienna swag, they are embarrassing. They will have to wait until they get into their soft district schedule to maybe win a game.

Posted by: the man ()
Date: September 13, 2013 10:02AM

Chantillys going to struggle on D this season. but they will be able to score.Next week vs SoCo will be big. Centrevill/LB at the top and Chantilly, westfield, SoCo just below sounds about right

Posted by: Liberty fan ()
Date: September 13, 2013 12:09PM

StinkyWarhawk Wrote:
> full disclosure Wrote:
> -----
> > Jontdhy Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Madison just scored so there goes your theory
> >
> > A field goal that is, to be down 28-3 at
> halftime.
>
>
> Madison is awful! Looks like a 150 lb youth
> league team playing Varsity High School football.
> So much for Madison/Vienna swag, they are
> embarrassing. They will have to wait until they
> get into their soft district schedule to maybe win
> a game.

The district schedule is probably not going to be as soft as usual this year. Langley and Fairfax appear to be better than expected and SB is going to do what they always do in district play (Langley gave them a good run though). I saw Westfield/SL and although the score was what you would expect it to be SL didn't look as physically overmatched as they have in the past. McLean, TJ and Marshall look like the softer teams so far this year.

Anyone got some of the other HS scores from last night? The Post's coverage was lacking this morning.

Posted by: JewInABox ()
Date: September 13, 2013 03:18PM

Yom Kippur is today and I know a lot of schools are not playing Friday night. Did all schools do this or is someone playing tonight? And how come nobody talking about the games that went down yesterday?

Posted by: Antisemitism = Evil ()
Date: September 13, 2013 04:07PM

Fairfax is so antisemitic it is pitiful, Fairfax puts football before God.

The great turf hustle of 2013 should have made it obvious where Karen Garza's priorities are.

Date: September 15, 2013 07:57PM

Who do y'all have this week?

Posted by: bob7654987654 ()
Date: September 16, 2013 08:46PM

Game of the week Madison Fairfax game! Any predictions I call Madison 21-18. It will be a good one

Posted by: Dapicker ()
Date: September 16, 2013 09:02PM

bob7654987654 Wrote:
> Game of the week Madison Fairfax game! Any
> predictions I call Madison 21-18. It will be a
> good one

Fairfax wins this going away! Madison is terrible, Nick Scott will gain over 200 yards.

Date: September 16, 2013 09:07PM

I hope you are saying this just to instill some discussion.

Stone Bridge/Broad Run, Westfield/Lake Braddock, South County/Chantilly are all better games than Fairfax Madison Will keep up with those games on GameDayMagazine since I can't attend

These 3 games can very possibly determine the strength of each teams. Stone bridge game up a lot of points the first two weeks and Broad Run can see if they are a States qualified team. Westfield and Lake Braddock can determine their dominance and South County or Chantilly can make a strong statement in D6 North

Almost feel bad for Hayfield, Westfield, South County now Centreville.

Posted by: feel bad? ()
Date: September 16, 2013 10:47PM

Why feel bad for Centreville?

Date: September 17, 2013 07:34AM

He means feel bad for hayfield

Posted by: Steve K2 ()
Date: September 17, 2013 09:53AM

Here are the game spreads for the week. Probably the best set of games this year collectively. Westfield/Lake Braddock and South County/Chantilly are must see games. This is the first time in a long time that two Concorde powers are the under dog, but both are very capable of winning in what should be two very close games.

Herndon/South Lakes should be a good rivalry game, both are pretty bad so expect it to be close. Madison/Fairfax will be a good district game, but I expect Fairfax to be too much for Madison. McLean/Falls Church could go either way, chance to make a statement for Falls Church.

Annandale @ Oakton (-31.0)
Centreville (-35.0) @ Hayfield
Freedom-SR (-7.0) @ Marshall
Herndon @ South Lakes (-3.5)
Madison @ Fairfax (-14.0)
McLean @ Falls Church (-7.0)
Robinson (-20.0) @ Mount Vernon
South County (-7.5) @ Chantilly
Stuart @ W&L (-14.0)
Wakefield @ Jefferson (-17.0)
West Potomac (-10.0) @ WT Woodson
West Springfield @ Lee (-14.0)

Posted by: Steve K2 ()
Date: September 17, 2013 09:54AM

Westfield @ Lake Braddock (-8.5)
Yorktown (-21.0) @ Edison

Posted by: Chang ()
Date: September 17, 2013 12:06PM

s/o to bye weeks

Posted by: Football Kills ()
Date: September 17, 2013 02:25PM

Explain this, Tammy Kaufax, Patty Reed, Ryon McElveen and Karen Garza:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1776791-high-school-football-player-dies-after-helmet-to-helmet-collision?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t3

I can guarantee you, science books are not lethal!

Date: September 17, 2013 06:57PM

Football Kills Wrote:

> I can guarantee you, science books are not lethal!

Maybe not... but schools are:

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20130619/NEWS/130619057/1076/Teen-electrocuted-on-roof-next-to-Fox-Mill-Elementary-School&template=fairfaxTimes

Date: September 19, 2013 08:45AM

Getting hyped for Westfield/lake Braddock and chantilly/soco

Date: September 19, 2013 08:48AM

Agreed. Best two games of the weekend

I will be at Centreville but definitely keeping an eye on them

Posted by: Warnet ()
Date: September 19, 2013 07:37PM

So is TC Williams or Langley going to win their matchup on Saturday? I honestly can't decide. Looking to be a good game.

Posted by: Locks ()
Date: September 19, 2013 08:20PM

Annandale 0 @ Oakton 27
Centreville 42 @ Hayfield 6
Freedom-SR 31 @ Marshall 12
Herndon 20 @ South Lakes 21
Madison 14 @ Fairfax 27
McLean 21 @ Falls Church 23
Robinson 48 @ Mount Vernon 6
South County 28 @ Chantilly 14
Stuart 12 @ W&L 21
Wakefield 19 @ Jefferson 28
West Potomac 20 @ WT Woodson 21
West Springfield 10 @ Lee 34

Posted by: killinem ()
Date: September 20, 2013 09:28AM

Annandale 7 @ Oakton 27
Centreville 35 @ Hayfield 24
Freedom-SR 35 @ Marshall 10
Herndon 27 @ South Lakes 21
Madison 17 @ Fairfax 38
McLean 27 @ Falls Church 24
Robinson 35 @ Mount Vernon 14
South County 28 @ Chantilly 31
Stuart 10 @ W&L 24
Wakefield 17 @ Jefferson 28
West Potomac 42 @ WT Woodson 14
West Springfield 21 @ Lee 27

Posted by: yall crazy ()
Date: September 20, 2013 11:16AM

Annandale 7 @ Oakton 45
Centreville 55 @ Hayfield 45
Freedom-SR 60 @ Marshall 0
Herndon 0 @ South Lakes 14 -upset alert, herndon is bad
Madison 21 @ Fairfax 48 -Rebels have elite rbs/wrs, Madison is BAD on defense
McLean 42 @ Falls Church 35
Robinson 42 @ Mount Vernon 7
South County 14 @ Chantilly 36
Stuart 14 @ W&L 21
Wakefield 3 @ Jefferson 14
West Potomac 42 @ WT Woodson 7 -demornay taking over west po tries to rebound.
West Springfield 42 @ Lee 21 -why is everyone on lee? seen them play... really bad on defense, got athletes in space in fluke game vs edison. they stink!

Game of the week: Westfield 42 @ Lake Braddock 14 -westfield reclaims D6 north

Posted by: South Riding Resident ()
Date: September 20, 2013 11:31AM

I don't think the last three posters realize how bad Freedom SR is. Their jv team just lost 52-6 to Marshall. Marshall gets their first win in two years tonight.

Also no way Westfield beats Braddock by 4 touchdowns, I wouldn't be suprised if Westfield won, but if they do Braddock is still going to get their points.

Date: September 20, 2013 12:12PM

Yeah, FR-SR probably has the worst football program in Loudoun County, but on the other hand Marshall was 0-10 last year and have only scored 9 points in their 2 losses this year. So it will interesting to see who will actually win this one.

Agree - no way Westfield wins by 4 TDs. I pick LB to win this game.

Posted by: Kyle Shrimmons ()
Date: September 20, 2013 12:19PM

No way, Mclean beats Falls Church by score of 42-35. Either Falls Church blows them out or it could be a three point game.

Posted by: voiceofreason22222 ()
Date: September 20, 2013 12:40PM

Annandale 7 @ Oakton 21
Centreville 45 @ Hayfield 28
Freedom-SR 10 @ Marshall 21 -congrats marshall!
Herndon 10 @ South Lakes 13 -south lakes could pull this off...
Madison 7 @ Fairfax 43 -fairfax better then usual, but can they knock off big dogs?
McLean 17 @ Falls Church 10
Robinson 45 @ Mount Vernon 0
South County 7 @ Chantilly 29 - is chantilly maybe the second best concorde?
West Potomac 7 @ WT Woodson 21 -woodson out disciplines west po easy.
West Springfield 35 @ Lee 10 - lee gets exposed for what they are...lee
Westfield 21 @ Lake Braddock 28 - huge game, could go either way. i think Henderson shines

thoughts?

Posted by: This week ()
Date: September 20, 2013 12:53PM

Cmon, some people are way out there, trying to get a reaction and seems to be a Westfiled homer.

CVilles first team has given up 3 points in two games. No way Hayfield scores 35 but I could see 45 on CVills part, And South County will give Chantilly a run for their money, especially as I heard Deandre is out for Tilly

LB 24 Westfield 21

Posted by: KYmND ()
Date: September 20, 2013 12:53PM

voiceofreason22222 Wrote:
> Annandale 7 @ Oakton 21
> Centreville 45 @ Hayfield 28
> Freedom-SR 10 @ Marshall 21 -congrats marshall!
> Herndon 10 @ South Lakes 13 -south lakes could
> pull this off...
> Madison 7 @ Fairfax 43 -fairfax better then usual,
> but can they knock off big dogs?
> McLean 17 @ Falls Church 10
> Robinson 45 @ Mount Vernon 0
> South County 7 @ Chantilly 29 - is chantilly maybe
> the second best concorde?
> West Potomac 7 @ WT Woodson 21 -woodson out
> disciplines west po easy.
> West Springfield 35 @ Lee 10 - lee gets exposed
> for what they are...lee
> Westfield 21 @ Lake Braddock 28 - huge game, could
> go either way. i think Henderson shines
>
> thoughts?

Yes, you spend way too much time worrying about little boys playing with balls.

Posted by: Concordebacker ()
Date: September 20, 2013 01:08PM

KYmND Wrote:
> voiceofreason22222 Wrote:
> -----
> > Annandale 7 @ Oakton 21
> > Centreville 45 @ Hayfield 28
> > Freedom-SR 10 @ Marshall 21 -congrats marshall!
> > Herndon 10 @ South Lakes 13 -south lakes could
> > pull this off...
> > Madison 7 @ Fairfax 43 -fairfax better then
> usual,
> > but can they knock off big dogs?
> > McLean 17 @ Falls Church 10
> > Robinson 45 @ Mount Vernon 0
> > South County 7 @ Chantilly 29 - is chantilly
> maybe
> > the second best concorde?
> > West Potomac 7 @ WT Woodson 21 -woodson out
> > disciplines west po easy.
> > West Springfield 35 @ Lee 10 - lee gets exposed
> > for what they are...lee
> > Westfield 21 @ Lake Braddock 28 - huge game,
> could
> > go either way. i think Henderson shines
> >
> > thoughts?
>
>
> Yes, you spend way too much time worrying about
> little boys playing with balls.

How much of a WANNABE do you have to be to keep coming on an ongoing football board and make stupid, gay comments about high school football. Dude get a life and post on the "I am so fucking miserable I have nothing better to do than make stupid, gay remarks on the high school football board forum".

Posted by: Big night tonight ()
Date: September 20, 2013 01:19PM

Concordebacker Wrote:
> KYmND Wrote:
> -----
> > voiceofreason22222 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Annandale 7 @ Oakton 21
> > > Centreville 45 @ Hayfield 28
> > > Freedom-SR 10 @ Marshall 21 -congrats
> marshall!
> > > Herndon 10 @ South Lakes 13 -south lakes
> could
> > > pull this off...
> > > Madison 7 @ Fairfax 43 -fairfax better then
> > usual,
> > > but can they knock off big dogs?
> > > McLean 17 @ Falls Church 10
> > > Robinson 45 @ Mount Vernon 0
> > > South County 7 @ Chantilly 29 - is chantilly
> > maybe
> > > the second best concorde?
> > > West Potomac 7 @ WT Woodson 21 -woodson out
> > > disciplines west po easy.
> > > West Springfield 35 @ Lee 10 - lee gets
> exposed
> > > for what they are...lee
> > > Westfield 21 @ Lake Braddock 28 - huge game,
> > could
> > > go either way. i think Henderson shines
> > >
> > > thoughts?
> >
> >
> > Yes, you spend way too much time worrying about
> > little boys playing with balls.
>
> How much of a WANNABE do you have to be to keep
> coming on an ongoing football board and make
> stupid, gay comments about high school football.
> Dude get a life and post on the "I am so fucking
> miserable I have nothing better to do than make
> stupid, gay remarks on the high school football
> board forum".

As much as I agree with you, we can't feed the Troll or that stupid SOB will keep coming back. Just ignore everything he writes....starting now.

Pages: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 27

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.