HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123456AllNext
Current Page: 5 of 6
school tomorrow?
Posted by: katie ()
Date: February 16, 2014 05:46PM

does anyone know if we will have school tomorrow? the roads are really narrow and the bus stops are covered with snow

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Outlandish FCPS salaries
Posted by: CEGmDCEGmD ()
Date: February 16, 2014 10:50PM

sharon BULL O VA

and supervisors have refused to respond to request for pay ammounts. they have published online that the ammounts shown (whcih are hight) are partial and their policy is they are special and do not have to show the rest

this is in specific disagreement with the law and they know it

you are getting a pay list from democrats who are stealing.

why even bother looking. it's $2,000,000,000 +

and no, none of the books are straight about where the 2B is. it isn't in infrastructure t

infact they count "projects" as huge pluses so it's likely 3B they can't explain

Posted by: parent and teacher ()
Date: April 05, 2014 09:39PM

Totally agree. Too much emphasis on those pieces of paper. I started out in education as a teacher's aid and, frankly, I was much smarter than many of the teachers in the school. My bachelor's degree was in political science. If you're lucky enough to work in a district that provides professional development that is worthwhile, you don't need all the extras, but that is how the Central Offices of this country justify paying themselves more...if a teacher has a degree, he can earn a 'living wage' making it easier for them to justify making a wage well beyond that. After 20 years in education, I'm over all of this crap. I know what I do makes a difference in my student's lives and I can't waste time thinking about how the idiot across the hall who runs out the door with those students at the end of the day gets paid more than me. Its not worth my time. Keep posting those salaries. Its public funding so the public should know what we make. I'm not ashamed of what I make. In fact, its shameful I don't make more. Kudos to all of you who wrote in. In spite of some of your unkind remarks, at least you give a damn about education. It is probably more energy than many of the parents I've had in the past have utilized.

Posted by: OPisadouche ()
Date: April 09, 2014 03:37PM

parent and teacher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Totally agree. Too much emphasis on those pieces
> of paper. I started out in education as a
> teacher's aid and, frankly, I was much smarter
> than many of the teachers in the school. My
> bachelor's degree was in political science. If
> you're lucky enough to work in a district that
> provides professional development that is
> worthwhile, you don't need all the extras, but
> that is how the Central Offices of this country
> justify paying themselves more...if a teacher has
> a degree, he can earn a 'living wage' making it
> easier for them to justify making a wage well
> beyond that. After 20 years in education, I'm
> over all of this crap. I know what I do makes a
> difference in my student's lives and I can't waste
> time thinking about how the idiot across the hall
> who runs out the door with those students at the
> end of the day gets paid more than me. Its not
> worth my time. Keep posting those salaries. Its
> public funding so the public should know what we
> make. I'm not ashamed of what I make. In fact,
> its shameful I don't make more. Kudos to all of
> you who wrote in. In spite of some of your unkind
> remarks, at least you give a damn about education.
> It is probably more energy than many of the
> parents I've had in the past have utilized.

It's not all public funding. Obviously you don't know which jobs are baseline funded and which one's aren't, neither does the OP, that's what makes these trolls posts such an idiotic waste of space. Very few facts, lots of whining about how people are compensated, and plenty of accusations. In other words, bullshit.

Posted by: Explain so we can discuss ()
Date: April 09, 2014 06:17PM

"It's not all public funding. Obviously you don't know which jobs are baseline funded and which one's aren't,"

Please explain what "baseline funded" means and which jobs are "baseline funded" so that we do know. It sounds like those are privately funded?

Posted by: Help the discussion ()
Date: April 09, 2014 06:34PM

Below is what I found on "baseline budgets" (from the FCPS Budget document). I don't see anything about public and private funding distinctions so I have no idea what OPisadouche is trying to say.

"How are budgets developed each year?
The baseline budgets for schools and special education centers are determined primarily by application
of ratio-based formulas that meet or exceed state requirements and have been approved by the School
Board. A majority of FCPS’ budget is for employee compensation with over 88 percent of the budget
allocated to employee salaries and benefits. Of the total positions in FCPS, 93 percent are school-based.
Each year, school-based positions are recalculated based on the projected enrollment for the next year
using the School Board approved staffing formulas."

Posted by: Derp ()
Date: April 09, 2014 06:46PM

I'm really into reviving long dead threads guys. Lets bump some crap that everyone likes to complain about on this board....

Posted by: Mare ()
Date: May 05, 2014 06:05PM

Came across this site by chance. Many of those with top salaries have a Masters+ 30 hours plus have been in the county over 20 years. Myself I'm retired but 6 years of my time in the county my salary was frozen. 3 At the beginning and 3 at the end which affected my overall retirement. During the first 3 years I worked 3 different schools daily. They did not want to pay the additional "class time frame" that would make me full time. This lasted 4 years. I found people who had just moved into the county 2 weeks got hired into a position I'd worked for 2 years part time. Couldn't believe that they got hired over someone that had been in the system longer. They just did not want to pay to make you full time. This part time hurts you when you want to retire cause they count 2 years pt = 1 yr f/t. But I enjoyed teaching and that is the reason I left private industry where I was making $24k more than I was teaching. Get real people the majority of teachers put in long hours in/out of school, take additional classes, and basically raise children that they see more hours in a day than their own parents.

Posted by: Al ... ()
Date: May 05, 2014 10:01PM

Where are the cuts?

Posted by: College College ()
Date: May 06, 2014 08:38AM

Think calm thoughts Wrote:
> teach Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dude, we're hiring! Dust off your resume and
> hop
> > on the gravy train!
> >
> > Oh wait, a GED won't cut it. Guess you better
> > stay in the "real world" with the rest of the
> > stupid motherfuckers.
>
> with your anger issues and self hatred over your
> poor choice of occupation you do not need to be
> teaching kids. You would be better suited working
> the returns counter at Walmart.

Posted by: CRAZY THEY GET PAID TO WORK ()
Date: May 06, 2014 12:46PM

CEAZY HW THEY PAY PEOPLE TO WORK

Posted by: Screwjob ()
Date: May 16, 2014 12:49PM

Not as crazy as FD salaries.

Posted by: WTF2 ()
Date: June 07, 2014 11:00AM

Who are you people posting these salaries? Do you really think that they are high?

Posted by: it's not peaches at all ()
Date: June 07, 2014 11:07AM

Listen people:

Teachers are subject to false accusations for all kinds of junk when they are with students. The student and parent and public perception of education has been lowered to new lows. The legal system is so f'd up that this is REALLY dangerous. Nobody in their right mind is going into teaching with this atmosphere. It's downright scary. I would NEVER advise my child to become a teacher---low pay, no respect, danger of losing all you have worked for because of one student allegation in a heartbeat.

Posted by: Jen23 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 11:27AM

You understand that this has to do with what degrees these people have, how long they've been with FCPS and endorsements they have right? You're an idiot...

Posted by: The_Greater_GOD ()
Date: June 13, 2014 12:28PM

What someone else makes is none of your business. I shall smite this website for its transgressions, and you will forever make less than $20 an hour. You are all rife with sin!

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: June 13, 2014 12:39PM

None of these salaries are that high. I guess maybe if you're in high school or fresh out of college 60-80k might seem like a lot though.

Posted by: Yesallwomen ()
Date: June 28, 2014 11:55PM

well if there's one thing i took away from this list it's that women can't complain that they're paid less than the men. it looks identical.

Posted by: anony ()
Date: June 29, 2014 05:21PM

Really? Wrote:
> None of these salaries are that high. I guess
> maybe if you're in high school or fresh out of
> college 60-80k might seem like a lot though.

a teacher i had in 2000 was making 50-55k at the time and is on that list around 85k now. i think that may be what surprises or angers people. they received inflation/NOVA cost of living increases and the rest of the population (except the top 1-5%) did not.

Posted by: FXX ()
Date: July 21, 2014 03:23PM

sto

Posted by: Silly Me ()
Date: July 23, 2014 09:33AM

Pretty much everyone at Gatehouse is overpaid.

Posted by: Me2 ()
Date: July 30, 2014 09:56AM

Are you actually saying that these salaries are too high for running a school? I guess you think that a hedgefund manager making over a million a year is contributing more to society.

Posted by: back to point ()
Date: July 30, 2014 10:01AM

Running a school is one thing, but Gatehouse is another. They don't run schools and they are overpaid.

Hedgefund managers are a whole other discussion and taxes don't support them so I can't change that as readily. This issue here is one we can tackle for now. Using hedgefund managers as an excuse for paying Gatehouse people more is pretty lame.

Posted by: Person1234567 ()
Date: July 30, 2014 03:38PM

Mika, Andrew J Physics Teacher, HS Robinson Secondary School $88,125

I am 31 years old and this teacher was there before I was in middle school. For him to be making such a crappy wage is disgusting. He was the best physics teacher at Robinson and students loved him. It is an outrage when I see teachers on these lists that barely make 20$/hr. That rate is nothing in Fairfax County. Very hard to survive on such minute amounts.

Posted by: Robinson '89 grad ()
Date: July 30, 2014 11:20PM

Heh, Mr. Mika was teaching at Robinson when I was there, I'm 44 years old. I was making his salary by age 30 (2000), he's gotta be in his mid 50s at least.

Posted by: La Migra ()
Date: July 30, 2014 11:25PM

Person1234567 Wrote:
> Mika, Andrew J Physics Teacher, HS Robinson
> Secondary School $88,125
>
>
> I am 31 years old and this teacher was there
> before I was in middle school. For him to be
> making such a crappy wage is disgusting. He was
> the best physics teacher at Robinson and students
> loved him. It is an outrage when I see teachers on
> these lists that barely make 20$/hr. That rate is
> nothing in Fairfax County. Very hard to survive on
> such minute amounts.

Agreed, but when half the kids in the school system come from families that can barely make ends meet you end up with lower pay because there's just not enough to go around. Look at how many fucking trailers there are at nearly every elementary school around here. And those "temporary" trailers have become rather permanent.

Posted by: wankitywank ()
Date: July 31, 2014 03:10PM

YAWN...you low paid tea party wankers still wanking about what other people who took the time to get educated and earn advanced degrees make? Get over it. Bunch of pathetic, whining LOSERS.

Posted by: ThumbsUp ()
Date: July 31, 2014 06:26PM

^hahah agreed, good job wank

Posted by: wUxxD ()
Date: August 01, 2014 03:07PM

that's what they admitted to

what about the benefits and contract fraud and land deals they covered up ?

what about whenever wtop reports on one: they exhonerate themselves and are enver prosecuted ?

Posted by: You are an idiot ()
Date: September 22, 2014 09:30PM

I hope it is not rude to point this out, but you are an idiot. These are pretty much run of the mill salaries for this area - especially for people with advanced degrees and years of service.

Posted by: cyTXJ ()
Date: September 25, 2014 09:37AM

Me2 Wrote:
> Are you actually saying that these salaries are
> too high for running a school? I guess you think
> that a hedgefund manager making over a million a
> year is contributing more to society.

If that hedge fund manager is helping make sure your 401k or pension is there when you need ut, yes.

Posted by: lay down with dogs ()
Date: September 25, 2014 09:45AM

it's not peaches at all Wrote:
> Listen people:
>
> Teachers are subject to false accusations for all
> kinds of junk when they are with students. The
> student and parent and public perception of
> education has been lowered to new lows.

They don't help their perception in the community when they do things like this - teachers union sued for severance pay and the teachers in the school wrote the judge asking for leniency!

WEST BRANCH, MI (WNEM) -

A local family thought the worst was behind them after a local teacher was convicted of molesting their son.

But now they say they are disgusted by actions from the school district following the teacher's conviction.

Last week, 38-year-old Neal Erickson, a former middle school teacher in Rose City, was sentenced to 15 to 30 years behind bars.

Prosecutor LaDonna A. Schultz said Erickson, of West Branch, engaged in sex acts with the male student, who was older than the age of 13 but younger than the age of 16. Erickson taught science at the school for 16 years.

But the family later learned teachers in the district not only showed up in court to support Erickson -- they wrote recommendation letters to the judge asking for a lighter sentence.

Posted by: Unions? ()
Date: October 11, 2014 02:19AM

Unions?? You idiots do know that we are a work to rule state right? There are no "unions" and the federations are completely useless (evidenced by the fact there has been one raise in 5 years).

Posted by: @lay down with dogs ()
Date: October 11, 2014 01:27PM

Agree. Bringing up a case in Michigan (where there are unions) is not relevant to Virginia. They might have outlandish salaries in Michigan, but we don't have outlandish salaries in Virginia! Far from it. If you are a teacher and not married to someone who gets real pay for their education, you will probably be commuting in or living in a crackerbox here in Fairfax County.

Also, I wouldn't comment on a case in another state unless I knew more about it. There have been cases where students lie about what has happened to them. I know that's hard for some people to believe, but it is entirely possible. Sometimes things are not what the media paints them to be (hard to believe, right?).

Posted by: Apples to apples ()
Date: October 11, 2014 08:42PM

These salaries are for 185 days of work.

Posted by: clarification ()
Date: October 12, 2014 10:49AM

Just to clarify, it's 194 days.

Posted by: Annie Nonymous ()
Date: October 24, 2014 11:10AM

I hate to burst anyone's educational bubble but these admin special ed personnel are gatekeepers - they are taught to hold the line and write legally defensive IEP's - they are not there to provide the individual education that these kids need. If schools did provide individualized educations instead of fighting parents and professionals that make specific recommendations - the system could be FAR more economical. Instead school districts pay millions of dollars to high priced attorneys to make sure needed individual programs are not provided.

Try asking for the legal fees paid to outside attorneys for due process cases. This is a FOIA request. What's happening in special education around the country is dismal.

Posted by: detade ()
Date: October 24, 2014 11:26AM

Your a fucking idiot dude.

They went to college, are teaching the next generation all day, and they get a salary, and 2 months "off". Yet many of them are expected to work through the summer too!

Whoopty doo.

They can't affored to live in Fairfax! And the kids they teach have allowances higher than what they are making!

As for your dumb ass comments about "Comsmotology" That is a teacher ath the technical training school! OH course they shoudl get more, they are teaching college level and techschool level classes.

I can only assume you are either in Highschool, or recently quit, or you would understand that peopel who go to 8 years of college should be paid more than prople who clean toilets.

Posted by: just dance ()
Date: October 29, 2014 05:56PM

Betzel, Courtney J West Potomac High Dance Teacher, HS $62,725.00
Girdy, Lisa M South Lakes High Dance Teacher, HS $24,316.00
Heininge, Andrea M Fairfax High Dance Teacher, HS $55,186.00

WHY DO WE HAVE DANCE TEACHERS?

Posted by: A teacher ()
Date: November 29, 2014 12:46AM

Then use Google and do the research, you little tool. Oh and they probably make less than your dad.

Posted by: Tax Payer1 ()
Date: December 09, 2014 09:49PM

So I emailed the LCPS foia guy and sounded like a jerk, he said there over 1,-000 employes and I would of had to pay for it...

Posted by: Posted by: salary reflects value ()
Date: December 09, 2014 11:17PM

Abernathy, Cynthia A Navy Elementary Music Teacher, ES $89,237.00

89,000 dolalr voice

Posted by: ertytrew ()
Date: December 10, 2014 06:59AM

Tax Payer1 Wrote:
> So I emailed the LCPS foia guy and sounded like a
> jerk, he said there over 1,-000 employes and I
> would of had to pay for it...

Check the FOIA law. The requester pays for all the copies made and the staff time of the teachers and staff pulling the information. No free lunch.

Posted by: Technology Support Specialist ()
Date: December 10, 2014 07:23AM

Got a salary for an expert in hooking up VCRs and MS Paint?

Posted by: lolsss ()
Date: December 10, 2014 10:00AM

you're going to tell me they dont ask it alreadly? FCPS foia request for slaires request are free
ertytrew Wrote:
> Tax Payer1 Wrote:
> -----
> > So I emailed the LCPS foia guy and sounded like
> a
> > jerk, he said there over 1,-000 employes and I
> > would of had to pay for it...
>
>
> Check the FOIA law. The requester pays for all the
> copies made and the staff time of the teachers and
> staff pulling the information. No free lunch.

Posted by: SE ()
Date: December 10, 2014 11:16AM

Posted by: salary reflects value Wrote:
> Abernathy, Cynthia A Navy Elementary Music
> Teacher, ES $89,237.00
>
>
> 89,000 dolalr voice

SHE RICH

Posted by: Eli's ()
Date: December 10, 2014 08:41PM

Does band really matter? Wrote:
> Burke, Patrick P Band Director, HS Hayfield
> Secondary School $93,800
> Hall, Melinda M Band Director, HS Woodson High
> School $91,069
> Panoff, Stephen E Band Director, HS Westfield High
> School $85,879
> Rice, Stephen H Band Director, HS West Potomac
> High School $85,879
> Seifried, Scott A Band Director, HS Robinson
> Secondary School $83,664
> May, Kelly D Band Director, HS Lee High
> School $83,405
> Bacz, Richard A Band Director, HS Mount Vernon
> High School $82,356
> Fore, Grayson W Band Director, HS South Lakes High
> School $81,006
> Loft, Andrew E Band Director, HS Robinson
> Secondary School $81,006
> Einuis, Laurence J Jr. Band Director, HS West
> Springfield High School $76,432
> Davenport, John H III Band Director, HS Falls
> Church High School $72,137
> Martin, Douglas B Band Director, HS Langley High
> School $72,137
> Thomas, Brian C Band Director, HS Stuart High
> School $72,137
> Vesilind, Paul J Band Director, HS Marshall High
> School $72,137
> Vanvalkenburg, James G Band Director, HS Oakton
>

I love band

High School $71,926
> Johnson, Alan P Band Director, HS Fairfax High
> School $69,780
> Luley, Michael C Band Director, HS Lake Braddock
> Secondary School $69,669
> Hall, Melissa A Band Director, HS Centreville High
> School $66,181
> Cunningham, Christopher D Band Director,
> HS Herndon High School $65,620
> Schnepper, William J Band Director, HS Westfield
> High School $65,370
> Reeves, Katherine M Band Director, HS Edison High
> School $64,317
> Foreman, Adam W Band Director, HS Thomas Jefferson
> High School for Science and Technology $63,420
> Ward, Stephen M Band Director, HS South County
> High $60,286
> Ross, Robert A Band Director, HS Chantilly High
> School $57,971
> Jacoby, Kathleen G Band Director, HS Herndon High
> School $56,434
> Weise, Christopher M Band Director, HS McLean High
> School $56,434
> Hilkert, Adam K Band Director, HS Annandale High
> School $55,942
> Baker, Matthew C Band Director, HS Fairfax High
> School $54,541
> English, Gary D Jr. Band Director, HS South County
> High $52,050
> Singleton, Christopher J Band Director,
> HS Chantilly High School $50,077
> Tucker, James L III Band Director, HS Robinson
> Secondary School $46,707

Posted by: band is a bargain ()
Date: December 10, 2014 09:26PM

^ You do realize that if there is no band, there will have to be more teachers to cover other classes that those students will take as electives---right? The band classes are large so it will actually cost more if those students are put into other classes. Band actually saves money in terms of number of teachers. Plus those are some of the academically better students.

Posted by: teach the children well ()
Date: December 11, 2014 06:40AM

Why don't they have an AP program on classroom instruction and have the seniors teach a freshman level course? Free labor.

Posted by: perry ()
Date: January 18, 2015 11:25AM

Teachers teach it! And I am a hs student myself; get a grip.

Posted by: Goober-dumb... ()
Date: January 18, 2015 11:47AM

"A grip" is something these goobers simply do not have. They hate pretty much every governmental or other organized entity of every sort. FCPS, VDOT, the post office, IRS, EPA, FDA, OSHA, Metro, unions, and on and on. Christian goober churches and the military when they are killing furriners seem to be about the only exceptions.

Posted by: fcpsparent14 ()
Date: February 11, 2015 09:56AM

Jane lipp? No longer a principal and probably pulling in more at this point. I found her uterly useless when forced to deal with her. I don't mind the salaries of the folks who have to deal with the kids, but the ones that sit behind a desk and pull upwards of 150k? Outrageous!

Posted by: fcpsparent2014 ()
Date: February 11, 2015 09:59AM

Why? They couldn't pay teachers enough to put up with these disrespectful brats. Yes, I'm a parent

Posted by: 4bbWY ()
Date: February 12, 2015 03:38PM

fcpsparent2014 Wrote:
> Why? They couldn't pay teachers enough to put up
> with these disrespectful brats. Yes, I'm a parent

^^^^ has kids and kids hate her she's a bi*(*#th

^^^^ plenty of other baby-sitters around

a good baby sitter doesn't need police at the house every day - and doesn't ask $ billion dollars a year to watch kids

Posted by: cH9Dd ()
Date: February 12, 2015 03:38PM

> a good baby sitter doesn't need police at the
> house every day - and doesn't ask $ billion
> dollars a year to watch kids

of course the kids hate you - you refer to them as brats without any human rights

i hate you to !

Posted by: public info ()
Date: February 18, 2015 12:00AM

and they get paid doing the snow storm

Posted by: teacher ()
Date: February 18, 2015 08:17AM

public info Wrote:
> and they get paid doing the snow storm

We love doing the snow storm. It's the hottest new dance-floor sensation.

Posted by: Annah ()
Date: February 18, 2015 11:10PM

hopefully the kids will see this now

Posted by: CatPodagrosi ()
Date: March 29, 2015 09:43PM

The VDOE believes in our outlandish salaries!

Posted by: CatPodagrosi ()
Date: March 29, 2015 09:43PM

The VDOE believes in our outlandish salaries!

Posted by: TCJyv ()
Date: March 31, 2015 02:18PM

WTOP advertised on behalf of fx co gov latinos

1) ARE DOUBLING THEIR PAY. they just annonced that next year they are self-deciding their pay will be double that of last year.

** it's unheard of in any time or any government in history **

** it's the epitome of abuse of min. wage workers **

** there are very few denizens who have jobs in city **

** MOST ARE ILLEGALS BROUGHT IN TO CROWD OUT REPUBLICANS **

2) latinos in Herdon filed for $500,000,000 - one half billion if the news article is correct - for "renovating" a single high school in herndon.

Posted by: pUb3C ()
Date: March 31, 2015 02:19PM

these people are going to hell , are up shit's creek without a paddle ,

and will do anything to hold on to their counterfeiting ring

Posted by: You are morons ()
Date: May 11, 2015 09:24AM

This discussion thread is ridiculous!

Someone said the median income for Fairfax is $67K yeah right....try over $100K.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/demogrph/gendemo.htm#inc

Also, for the morons who complain about the teachers getting paid for not working in the summer. Think again. Teachers are paid only for the days they are contracted to work.
If someone has over 20 years of experience and a Masters degree, and they make over 90k...
Let's look at that...
A HS band Director on an 208 day contract (which accounts for august camps and rehearsals and Saturdays throughout the year) making 90k (still below the median income for the county) makes $432 a day. Which in an 8 hour day is $54 per day. Most of those folks are not working 40 hour weeks, but 60-80 weeks. which brings their hourly rate down to as low as $27.

So before you get indignant about what a teacher makes. Why don't you look at the whole picture.

In that time off, teachers are professionally expected to get additional training - at their own expense, and plan for the coming year - uncompensated.

And before you go on your rant about being paid over the summer. That is deferred payment - not new compensation for new work. Some districts, will let you defer a portion of your payment so that you don't spend it through the year. It is money that the teacher already earned, held by the district and not accruing any interest. Fairfax has stopped doing this, but neighboring districts have not, so as to attract strong teachers.

I would like to see you morons budget your salary throughout the year so that you can still eat for the two months without pay.

Those teachers in Fairfax - Earned their salaries by getting higher education and Serving their communities, many times at the expense of their own family life.

Teachers, unlike other public servants - board members and politicians (i.e. Jerry Connolly) aren't out there in droves profiting form their service (bribes, payoffs, campaign contributions, kick backs). Save your outrage for them.

Posted by: ytrd ()
Date: May 11, 2015 09:44AM

I for one think teachers earn every dollar or salary they are paid.
What I have issues with are local hotel retreats, $100 dinners at Morton's, luxury hotel rooms on travel, $600 plane tickets to Orlando, etc.

Posted by: Not right ()
Date: May 12, 2015 10:42PM

This is really inappropriate. It is one thing to post job titles and salary ranges - even actual salaries - in a public forum. It is a completely different thing to post the names. It invites jealousy and petty comments instead of focusing on appropriate pay for jobs performed.

I was especially offended by the nosy parent who wanted to know exactly what her child's teachers made. Would you share your income with them? And justify it?

I'm not a teacher but this is just wrong.

Posted by: Use your brain ()
Date: June 10, 2015 08:55PM

None of these are that high. Teachers work 8+ hours a day and we live in an area with a very high cost of living.

Cherry picking the highest paid teachers doesn't represent the true data. Fairfax County teachers are paid less than many of the counties in the area.

Posted by: p ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:18PM

Topics like Math Science English, much higher pay is very justified to retain the best talent... Cut out the fluff courses that can be learned outside of the school system (at a community college, trade schools, etc.).

Posted by: Xmb7U ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:27PM

Use your brain Wrote:
> None of these are that high. Teachers work 8+
> hours a day and we live in an area with a very
> high cost of living.
>
> Cherry picking the highest paid teachers doesn't
> represent the true data. Fairfax County teachers
> are paid less than many of the counties in the
> area.

Nice try. $$$ talks bullshit walks.

Posted by: Too bad so sad ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:30PM

Not right Wrote:
> This is really inappropriate. It is one thing to
> post job titles and salary ranges - even actual
> salaries - in a public forum. It is a completely
> different thing to post the names. It invites
> jealousy and petty comments instead of focusing on
> appropriate pay for jobs performed.
>
> I was especially offended by the nosy parent who
> wanted to know exactly what her child's teachers
> made. Would you share your income with them? And
> justify it?
>
> I'm not a teacher but this is just wrong.

A public school teacher's salary is public record. Names are perfectly appropriate. Nothing wrong with putting it out there.

Posted by: hLpdG ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:31PM

the salaries dont show who has heigher pay due to years of payraises. but any fool knows $100,000 / yr is too high for a teacher: when local jobs go to mexicans and deninzs (if FIND work) are paid $13,000 / yr. - which is LESS than immigrants are getting from democrats though the back door vote buying system: DFS, which includes food, rent, heating&coolign, fuel, and more "if you qualify". the thing is: illegals working for near nothign for democrats in area DO QUALIFY - democrats are using DFS to pay illegals their damn wages.

Posted by: u kant spl ()
Date: July 18, 2015 07:25PM

hLpdG Wrote:
> the salaries dont show who has heigher pay due to
> years of payraises. but any fool knows $100,000 /
> yr is too high for a teacher: when local jobs go
> to mexicans and deninzs (if FIND work) are paid
> $13,000 / yr. - which is LESS than immigrants are
> getting from democrats though the back door vote
> buying system: DFS, which includes food, rent,
> heating&coolign, fuel, and more "if you qualify".
> the thing is: illegals working for near nothign
> for democrats in area DO QUALIFY - democrats are
> using DFS to pay illegals their damn wages.

U kant spl

Posted by: Teacherlover ()
Date: September 04, 2015 08:08PM

Only way to retain teachers is higher pay. Or they will move to other fields

Posted by: #1LiberalImmigrant ()
Date: September 05, 2015 10:26AM

As a resident of a neighboring county, I wholeheartedly agree that Fairfax should pay their teachers less. We'll be happy to take thwm off your hands.

You should think about sticking it to those damn, mooching doctors next.

Posted by: Teacher ()
Date: September 06, 2015 09:58AM

The salary of the teachers is not the problem. It's their union and their politics.

Posted by: wankity_wank ()
Date: October 02, 2015 03:39PM

<>

LMAO! Sure you do, wankasauraus, that's why you're hanging out at Fairfax Underground.

Posted by: hammerhead10 ()
Date: October 02, 2015 03:47PM

wankity_wank Wrote:
> < year baby. Now go back to work you overpaid
> babysitter>>
>
>
> LMAO! Sure you do, wankasauraus, that's why you're
> hanging out at Fairfax Underground.

Don't you just love how these uneducated wannabes point out what they deem to be "outrageous salaries" while going on about how they make more in one month than the people they are complaining about. This place is full of self righteous, sanctimonious phonies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2015 03:50PM by hammerhead10.

Posted by: we are DESTROYING teachers ()
Date: October 02, 2015 03:54PM

Making our teachers follow the "guidance" of charlatans such as Eric Jensen (neuroscientist, sociologist, and musician) and Menville "Flip" Flippen ("professional counselor" and horse breeder) is ruining them.

They come here knowing how to teach, and then we make them "learn" all of this crap.

Posted by: hammerhead10 ()
Date: October 02, 2015 04:04PM

Teacher Wrote:
> The salary of the teachers is not the problem.
> It's their union and their politics.

It's not the union and their politics, it's idiots who attack teachers and other public servants while allowing the real grifters in this country to continue rob all of us blind. Learn to identify cause and effect relationships...IT MATTERS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2015 04:13PM by hammerhead10.

Posted by: Spell Check ()
Date: October 06, 2015 08:31PM

That would be librarian...and perhaps if you read a bit more you would know how to spell properly.

Posted by: schlank ()
Date: January 26, 2016 08:42PM

They deserve a raise! Try buying a home and raising a family in Fairfax Co. on that salary. Doable but not that easy.

Posted by: Sweetpea ()
Date: January 27, 2016 02:42PM

Teaching creates ALL other professions.

Re: Outlandish FCPS salariesww
Posted by: True but w ()
Date: January 27, 2016 08:39PM

Not when they are closed
Sweetpea Wrote:
> Teaching creates ALL other professions.

Posted by: NVCC STUDENT ()
Date: January 28, 2016 08:08PM

bump

Posted by: MONO ()
Date: January 28, 2016 08:36PM

Still don't know what this have to do with fcps being closed

Posted by: Outlandish FFX parents ()
Date: January 28, 2016 11:06PM

Thought Doesn't Matter said:
"It doesn't matter. This is just an extension of the bitter tea party mentality. Everyone is overpaid, except the person behind their own nose. Nobody deserves to get paid a dime more than they do, unless that person is a job creator or is extremely wealthy already. These are feeble people who can barely read, so they don't understand why a teacher should get paid more than their slobby asses.

Whenever you hear someone complain about teacher salaries, just understand that the speaker is a failure and a loser who doesn't earn anywhere near a teacher's salary, and is nowhere near as qualified."

Amen! Unfortunately the internet has empowered these bitter, unthinking, self absorbed people.

Posted by: Tea Party for better America ()
Date: January 28, 2016 11:09PM

I love teachers, but collect me if I am wrong.. They basically only worked 1 day in the last 2 weeks. How is this fair?
Outlandish FFX parents Wrote:
> Thought Doesn't Matter said:
> "It doesn't matter. This is just an extension of
> the bitter tea party mentality. Everyone is
> overpaid, except the person behind their own nose.
> Nobody deserves to get paid a dime more than they
> do, unless that person is a job creator or is
> extremely wealthy already. These are feeble people
> who can barely read, so they don't understand why
> a teacher should get paid more than their slobby
> asses.
>
> Whenever you hear someone complain about teacher
> salaries, just understand that the speaker is a
> failure and a loser who doesn't earn anywhere near
> a teacher's salary, and is nowhere near as
> qualified."
>
> Amen! Unfortunately the internet has empowered
> these bitter, unthinking, self absorbed people.

Posted by: Days Paid? ()
Date: January 28, 2016 11:09PM

MONO Wrote:
> Still don't know what this have to do with fcps
> being closed

We are wondering how many days teachers actually work verse paid for.

Posted by: Simon C ()
Date: January 28, 2016 11:13PM

Days Paid? Wrote:
> MONO Wrote:
> -----
> > Still don't know what this have to do with fcps
> > being closed
>
> We are wondering how many days teachers actually
> work verse paid for.

Are you voting for Donald Trump?

Posted by: FedUp with You ()
Date: January 28, 2016 11:44PM

1) Teachers are paid to work 190 between the last week of August ( when the meet and set their rooms up) and June 30th. That means if we run out of snow days, then we work the next holiday, and if we run out of holidays, we take days off of spring break or we add time to the school day. All of these things have happened in the past.
2) There are no unions for teachers in VA - it is a right to work state.
3)It is a requirement for all teachers to get a masters in their specialty field.
Try to get some of the facts straight.

Of course since idiocy is valued over thought, reason and education by you people the fact that teachers take their time and money to get a masters and many have PhD makes no difference.
I resent that you are going to drag me back to the stone age with you. Move to Somali - very low taxes and no government. Of course you have to deal with the war lords but that is right up your alley.

Posted by: Dan nac ()
Date: January 29, 2016 10:15AM

Why so many forgeiers are teaching

REAL cost of FLES Wrote:
> Barth, Mei-Jean K Chinese Language Teacher,
> ES Shrevewood Elementary School $83,664
> Kearney, Bi Bi B Chinese Language Teacher,
> ES Wolftrap Elementary School $79,251
> Cook, Lynn L Chinese Language Teacher, ES Fairhill
> Elementary School $59,988
> Yuan, Grace Y Chinese Language Teacher,
> ES Providence Elementary School $54,722
> Leung, Pik K Chinese Language Teacher,
> ES Chesterbrook Elementary School $54,213
> Gift, Pu C Chinese Language Teacher, ES Clermont
> Elementary School $53,262
> Pearson, Kuan-Chen Chinese Language Teacher,
> ES Fairview Elementary School $53,262
> Su, Ping C Chinese Language Teacher, ES Providence
> Elementary School $53,262
> Uang, Yeong-Tsuey Chinese Language Teacher, ES Oak
> Hill Elementary School $53,262
> Coyne, Madeline Y Chinese Language Teacher,
> ES Mount Vernon Woods Elementary School $52,636
> Chin, Hou-Dan Chinese Language Teacher, ES Hollin
> Meadows Elementary School $52,374
> Chen, Yu Chinese Language Teacher, ES Oak Hill
> Elementary School $45,884
> Feng, Jing Chinese Language Teacher, ES Fairhill
> Elementary School $32,685
> Chen, Yuwei Chinese Language Teacher, ES Hollin
> Meadows Elementary School $28,778
> Chen, Agnes M Chinese Language Teacher,
> ES Wolftrap Elementary School $25,369
> Hung, Beesha Chinese Language Teacher,
> ES Chesterbrook Elementary School $22,942

Posted by: tgb ()
Date: January 29, 2016 12:23PM

FedUp with You Wrote:
> 1) Teachers are paid to work 190 between the last
> week of August ( when the meet and set their rooms
> up) and June 30th. That means if we run out of
> snow days, then we work the next holiday, and if
> we run out of holidays, we take days off of spring
> break or we add time to the school day. All of
> these things have happened in the past.
> 2) There are no unions for teachers in VA - it is
> a right to work state.
> 3)It is a requirement for all teachers to get a
> masters in their specialty field.
> Try to get some of the facts straight.
>
> Of course since idiocy is valued over thought,
> reason and education by you people the fact that
> teachers take their time and money to get a
> masters and many have PhD makes no difference.
> I resent that you are going to drag me back to the
> stone age with you. Move to Somali - very low
> taxes and no government. Of course you have to
> deal with the war lords but that is right up your
> alley.

Where do you work? I am a teacher with Fairfax County.

1) The teacher contract is 194 days
2) There are unions (FCFT is the local of AFT which is an AFL-CIO affiliate. FEA is an association.) It is however accurate to say that there is no collective bargaining since VA is a Right To Work state.
3) Teachers are not required to obtain a Masters degree.

Posted by: Fcpd www ()
Date: January 29, 2016 09:47PM

This is illegal I called the police

Posted by: Edwards S ()
Date: January 30, 2016 08:27PM

salary reflects value added Wrote:
> Who are these people???
> What do they do?
>
> McKinney, Zion B Attendance Officer Pickett Street
> Annex I $78,915
> Rathbun, David G Attendance Officer Pickett Street
> Annex I $78,915
> Angelo, Kevin A Attendance Officer Pickett Street
> Annex I $77,367
> Bunaugh, Tijuana H Attendance Officer Alan Leis
> Center $75,312
> Pendley, Lynn D Attendance Officer Virginia Hills
> Center $75,312
> Finch, Patrick N Attendance Officer Pickett Street
> Annex I $73,835
> Kiser, Marsha W Attendance Officer Alan Leis
> Center $73,835
> Trouton, Grant H Attendance Officer Pickett Street
> Annex I $73,835
> Tran, Khanh Attendance Officer Virginia Hills
> Center $70,277
> Gamble, Lloyd B II Attendance Officer Pickett
> Street Annex I $66,914
> Porter, William E Jr. Attendance Officer Pickett
> Street Annex I $66,890
> Tanks-Gregory, Wanda Attendance Officer Alan Leis
> Center $65,258

Posted by: Edwards S ()
Date: January 30, 2016 08:27PM

salary reflects value added Wrote:
> Who are these people???
> What do they do?
>
> McKinney, Zion B Attendance Officer Pickett Street
> Annex I $78,915
> Rathbun, David G Attendance Officer Pickett Street
> Annex I $78,915
> Angelo, Kevin A Attendance Officer Pickett Street
> Annex I $77,367
> Bunaugh, Tijuana H Attendance Officer Alan Leis
> Center $75,312
> Pendley, Lynn D Attendance Officer Virginia Hills
> Center $75,312
> Finch, Patrick N Attendance Officer Pickett Street
> Annex I $73,835
> Kiser, Marsha W Attendance Officer Alan Leis
> Center $73,835
> Trouton, Grant H Attendance Officer Pickett Street
> Annex I $73,835
> Tran, Khanh Attendance Officer Virginia Hills
> Center $70,277
> Gamble, Lloyd B II Attendance Officer Pickett
> Street Annex I $66,914
> Porter, William E Jr. Attendance Officer Pickett
> Street Annex I $66,890
> Tanks-Gregory, Wanda Attendance Officer Alan Leis
> Center $65,258

Posted by: Zach ()
Date: January 30, 2016 10:29PM

How do you people sleep at night? Do you think you're making a difference by posting our salaries?

Posted by: nothing wrong ()
Date: January 31, 2016 12:12AM

Nothing wrong with posting salaries. It's public information.

For yourself You can decide whether salaries are too high or too low.

Posted by: Zach ()
Date: January 31, 2016 01:03AM

nothing wrong Wrote:
> Nothing wrong with posting salaries. It's public
> information.
>
> For yourself You can decide whether salaries are
> too high or too low.

IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL. I know a couple of my friends have called the police and reported on this site. I hope they get removed

Posted by: +-+ ()
Date: January 31, 2016 10:07AM

Zach Wrote:
> How do you people sleep at night? Do you think
> you're making a difference by posting our
> salaries?

*----------->OP probably sleeps just fine (as do others who have posted public records on FFU) since they haven't done anything.

>IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL. I know a couple of my friends have called the police >and reported on this site. I hope they get removed.

*----------->This isn't illegal and never will be, and there is no reason to remove them. This is 100% totally legal. These are public records. If anybody called the police they are probably laughing their heads off, because THEIR salaries are also public record and I would bet they all know that.

You all need to relax and get a grip. OP's reasoning sounds wacky but it doesn't matter. They can do whatever they want with these records, including commenting on them. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Never hurts to remind public employees what the deal is. It makes a difference.

Posted by: some facts ()
Date: January 31, 2016 10:27AM

who decided this pay scale?

STUPID to pay a high level math/science teacher the same as a pe teacher.

Many of these folks got their job because they were somehow related or connected to someone at FCPS.

Attendance officers making $80k. Criminal.

Some teachers are worth double what they are paid and some are worth half.

Posted by: catherine ()
Date: January 31, 2016 11:31PM

Hennessa, Catherine K Centreville High Learning Disabilities Teacher, MS/HS $93,637.00

Pages: Previous123456AllNext
Current Page: 5 of 6

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.