HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Honda Odyssey timing belt replacement
Posted by: Odyssey ()
Date: November 12, 2012 04:19PM

Due for a timing belt service on our 2006 Honda Odyssey EX. Local places I've checked range from $1100 to $1400, which includes timing belt, tensioner, water pump, accessory belts, coolant. Oddly, most Honda dealerships have given lower prices than independent shops.

Any suggestions for a place that might come in a little cheaper, but still include a warranty? I've seen a special from a Honda dealer in Trenton, NJ for only $400, but I'm not quite willing to drive that distance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Honda Odyssey timing belt replacement
Posted by: drive ()
Date: November 12, 2012 04:27PM

Drive to tranton for the 400. ur not gonna find cheaper here.

Posted by: MB ()
Date: November 12, 2012 04:32PM

Call this number and ask for Mike. He saved me $700 on an original $1200 quote for suspension work. I'm sure he'll do your timing belt. Tell him Mathew Barnes sent you.

(703)-375-1440

Date: November 12, 2012 04:33PM

703-475-1440* <--- Correct number...Sorry!

Posted by: Criminal Recommendations ()
Date: November 12, 2012 04:37PM

MB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Call this number and ask for Mike. He saved me
> $700 on an original $1200 quote for suspension
> work. I'm sure he'll do your timing belt. Tell him
> Mathew Barnes sent you.
>
> (703)-375-1440

"BARNES ","MATTHEW ","H","032"," 13826","BRADDOCK SPRINGS ","RD","CENTREVILLE ","VA","04/08/2009","FAIL OBEY HWY SIGN "
"BARNES ","MATTHEW ","I","020"," 22102","CHELSEY PAGE ","SQ","ASHBURN ","VA","07/15/2005","DRIVE-OL RVKD/SUSP "
"BARNES ","MATTHEW ","I","020"," 22102","CHELSY PAIGE ","SQ","ASHBURN ","VA","07/25/2005","DRIVE-OL RVKD/SUSP "
"BARNES ","MATTHEW ","I","020"," 22102","CHELSY PAIGE ","SQ","ASHBURN ","VA","07/25/2005","PASSING ON RIGHT "
"BARNES ","MATTHEW ","I","020"," 22102","CHELSY PAIGE ","SQ","ASHBURN ","VA","09/23/2005","DRIVE-OL RVKD/SUSP "

Posted by: Not difficult. ()
Date: November 12, 2012 06:30PM

For an Odessey, the price you were quoted is reasonable considering the water pump replacement, which is a great idea to do while you're in there. I take it you're over 100k miles? How long do you plan on driving it? A simple CBA will answer that question for you.

Date: November 12, 2012 06:32PM

Yeah those are two different people. I am 32. Yes, I have a ticket. Oh well...I had a speeding charge reduced because I was honest and polite with the officer.

Posted by: reasonable ()
Date: November 12, 2012 06:44PM

$1100-1400 is a reasonable price. The $400 is not (something is amiss there if you ask me). It is a lot of labor. Not surprised dealers are about the same price or even a little cheaper on timing belts. I would let the dealer do this one; if a timing belt install in an interference motor is done incorrectly, your motor is ruined. I would suck it up and pony up the cash if you want to keep the car for the long haul.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: November 12, 2012 06:57PM

You already bothered several shops getting prices. Those are the prices.

Man up and pick one already. Anybody cheaper will be false economy for one or more of these reasons:
-cheaper (incompetent) labor
-the cheapest parts possible (quality issues)
-dishonestly make more money on stuff they break
-eagerly make more money on stuff they find that is broken
-take a long time to get it done

I guess all that could happen with any shop, but going cheaper means you're begging for these problems.

Posted by: ConcernedNeighbor ()
Date: November 13, 2012 09:17AM

Whatever you do, I don't recommend Fairfax Honda for it. As we drove ours away after having it replaced, one of the other belts came off. They hadn't set the tensioner right. Another time after an oil change they left the oil pan plug loose and oil leaked all over our garage floor overnight. Elementary stuff that they messed up.

Posted by: yepp ()
Date: November 13, 2012 09:23AM

wnrsm Wrote:
> You already bothered several shops getting prices.
> Those are the prices.
>
> Man up and pick one already. Anybody cheaper will
> be false economy for one or more of these
> reasons:
> -cheaper (incompetent) labor
> -the cheapest parts possible (quality issues)
> -dishonestly make more money on stuff they break
> -eagerly make more money on stuff they find that
> is broken
> -take a long time to get it done
>
> I guess all that could happen with any shop, but
> going cheaper means you're begging for these
> problems.

+1

Posted by: DIY ()
Date: November 13, 2012 11:28AM

Get off your ass, get a manual and get some grease under your fingernails.
Cars are not complicated. Self reliance and character is. Several you tube videos on the procedure. I have done several timing belts and saved thousands. And if you drive a Odyssey then you have kids and need to save money.

Posted by: somedude ()
Date: November 13, 2012 12:05PM

Theres a shop pver on the corner of backlick rd where it end near the 95/395/495 ramps. springfield car care center i believe. great prices, reliable, does very good work. did a timing belt for my 2002 mitsubishi eclipse, parts and laber about 600. solid work

Posted by: yepp ()
Date: November 13, 2012 12:47PM

hey "somedude" mitsubishi eclipses have small engines and are easy to work on. Dont confuse the OP.

Posted by: berealistic ()
Date: November 13, 2012 01:12PM

DIY Wrote:
> Get off your ass, get a manual and get some grease
> under your fingernails.
> Cars are not complicated. Self reliance and
> character is. Several you tube videos on the
> procedure. I have done several timing belts and
> saved thousands. And if you drive a Odyssey then
> you have kids and need to save money.

I wouldn't recommend a timing belt replacement (with water pump, etc.) as a beginning DIY mechanic's first project. Start with an oil change and work your way up. If you mess up a timing belt, you've essentially ruined your engine. Leave this one to the pros unless you know your shit.

Posted by: ?! ()
Date: November 13, 2012 02:07PM

yepp Wrote:
> hey "somedude" mitsubishi eclipses have small
> engines and are easy to work on. Dont confuse the
> OP.

if anything, the eclipse is probably harder to work on then the oddyssey. so, please, do some research before posting again

Posted by: BigK ()
Date: November 13, 2012 02:10PM

yepp Wrote:
> hey "somedude" mitsubishi eclipses have small
> engines and are easy to work on. Dont confuse the
> OP.

They are both very similar. Mitsubisi had a small engine?? What do you think is in a Honda?? A v8??

Posted by: dealership definitely ()
Date: November 13, 2012 02:19PM

Take it to the dealership. It is cheaper to get done there. I wouldn't mess with it, this is not a DIY project, as previously said. If your timing belt breaks, you run the risk to damaging your engine.

Posted by: damuri ()
Date: November 13, 2012 05:13PM

You are probably doing the 105K mile maintanance for your Odyssey. I did this last year and had a hard time finding anyone to do it for much less than the dealer. I ultimately got it done for $1000 but only because I had it in the shop for some other work (broken right sliding door motor was fried and someone dinged my front left fender and cracked my headlight in a shopping mall parking lot) it would have cost about $1100 otherwise.

Good Luck.

Posted by: It's just a timing belt ()
Date: November 13, 2012 06:42PM

Do it yourself or have it done. Unless you own a old car, most cars belts must be replaced. Suck it up.
End of thread hopefully

Posted by: accord owner ()
Date: November 17, 2012 04:10PM

The downside to owning a Honda is you must replace the timing belt around every 100k. Why they didn't design it with a timing chain is beyond me.

Posted by: The price of ownership or ()
Date: November 17, 2012 06:17PM

do your homework before you purchase.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other belts, see Belt (disambiguation).

Timing belt

Timing covers, lower pulley, accessory belts removed, exposing timing belt on a Nissan RB30E Engine
A timing belt, or cam belt (informal usage), is a part of an internal combustion engine that controls the timing of the engine's valves. Some engines, such as the flat-4 Volkswagen air-cooled engine, and the straight-6 Toyota F engine use timing gears. First seen in the 1954 Devin, which won the SCCA National Championship in 1956 (see May 1957 Sports Cars Illustrated article by O C Rich), timing belts replaced the older style timing chains that were common until the 1970s and 1980s (although in the last decade there has been reemergence of chain use for many carmakers). Some manufacturers, such as BMW[1] and Mercedes-Benz[2], are known for utilizing timing chains, because of their durability. The term "timing belt" is sometimes used for the more general case of any flat belt with integral teeth, although such usage is a misnomer since there is no timing or synchronization involved.
Contents  [hide] 
1 Engine applications
2 Timing
3 Failure
4 Construction and design
5 Usage history
6 Bicycle usage
7 See also
8 References
9 External links
[edit]Engine applications

In the internal combustion engine application, the timing belt/chain connects the crankshaft to the camshaft(s), which in turn controls the opening and closing of the engine's valves. A four-stroke engine requires that the valves open and close once every other revolution of the crankshaft. The timing belt/chain does this. It has teeth to turn the camshaft(s) synchronised with the crankshaft, and is specifically designed for a particular engine. In some engine designs, the timing belt may also be used to drive other engine components such as the water pump and oil pump.
Gear or chain systems are also used to connect the crankshaft to the camshaft at the correct timing. However, gears and shafts constrain the relative location of the crankshaft and camshafts. Even where the crankshaft and camshaft(s) are very close together, as in pushrod engines, most engine designers use a short chain drive rather than a direct gear drive. This is because gear drives suffer from frequent torque reversal as the cam profiles "kick back" against the drive from the crank, leading to excessive noise and wear. Fibre gears, with more resilience, are preferred to steel gears where direct drive has to be used. Even though the "official" purpose of fiber or nylon gears may be to deal with "kickback", a fiber or nylon cam gear is cheaper to produce. Steel gears almost never fail. The cam lobes wear out long before the gears do. Most large truck and industrial diesel engines have steel gears, and they go 300,000 to 500,000 miles without gears failing. In fact, usually the only time a direct gear cam drive setup will fail is when the cam gear is nylon or fiber.[3]
A belt or chain allows much more flexibility in the relative locations of the crankshaft and camshafts.
While chains and gears may be more durable, rubber composite belts are quieter in their operation (in most modern engines the noise difference is negligible), are less expensive and more efficient, by dint of being lighter, when compared with a gear or chain system. Also, timing belts do not require lubrication, which is essential with a timing chain or gears. A timing belt is a specific application of a synchronous belt used to transmit rotational power synchronously.
Timing belts are typically covered by metal or polymer timing belt covers which require removal for inspection or replacement. Engine manufacturers recommend replacement at specific intervals.[4] The manufacturer may also recommend the replacement of other parts, such as the water pump, when the timing belt is replaced because the additional cost to replace the water pump is negligible compared to the cost of accessing the timing belt. In an interference engine, or one whose valves extend into the path of the piston, failure of the timing belt (or timing chain) invariably results in costly and, in some cases, irreparable engine damage, as some valves will be held open when they should not be and thus will be struck by the pistons.
Indicators that the timing chain may need to be replaced include a rattling noise from the front of the engine.[5]
[edit]Timing

When an automotive timing belt is replaced, care must be taken to ensure that the valve and piston movements are correctly synchronized. Failure to synchronize correctly can lead to problems with valve timing, and this in turn, in extremes, can cause collision between valves and pistons in interference engines. This is not a problem unique to timing belts since the same issue exists with all other cam/crank timing methods such as gears or chains.
[edit]Failure

A pair of valves bent by collision with a piston after timing belt breakage. The engine was running at 4500 RPM.
Timing belts must be replaced at the manufacturer's recommended distance and/or time periods. Failure to replace the belt can result in complete breakdown or catastrophic engine failure, especially in interference engines.[6] The owner's manual maintenance schedule is the source of timing belt replacement intervals, typically every 100,000 to 150,000 kilometres.[7] It is common to replace the timing belt tensioner at the same time as the belt is replaced.
The usual failure modes of timing belts are either stripped teeth (which leaves a smooth section of belt where the drive cog will slip) or delamination and unraveling of the fiber cores. Breakage of the belt, because of the nature of the high tensile fibers, is uncommon.[citation needed] Correct belt tension is critical - too loose and the belt will whip, too tight and it will whine and put excess strain on the bearings of the cogs. In either case belt life will be drastically shortened. Aside from the belt itself, also common is a failure of the tensioner, and/or the various gear and idler bearings, causing the belt to derail.
[edit]Construction and design

A timing belt is typically rubber with high-tensile fibres (e.g. fiberglass or Twaron/Kevlar) running the length of the belt as tension members.[8]
Rubber degrades with higher temperatures, and with contact with motor oil. Thus the life expectancy of a timing belt is lowered in hot or leaky engines. Newer or more expensive belts are made of temperature resistant materials such as "highly saturated nitrile" (HSN).[citation needed] The life of the reinforcing cords is also greatly affected by water and antifreeze. This means that special precautions must be taken for off road applications to allow water to drain away or be sealed from contact with the belt.
Older belts have trapezoid shaped teeth leading to high rates of tooth wear. Newer manufacturing techniques allow for curved teeth that are quieter and last longer.
Aftermarket timing belts may be used to alter engine performance. OEM timing belts may stretch at high rpm, retarding the cam and therefore the ignition.[9] Stronger, aftermarket belts, will not stretch and the timing is preserved.[10] In terms of engine design, "shortening the width of the timing belt reduce weight and friction".[11]
[edit]Usage history

The first known timing belt was used in 1954 in the Devin Sports Car that won the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) National Championship in 1956 (See May 1957 article in Sports Cars Illustrated, author O. C. Rich). Temple, Steve (2004). "Behold Your Timing Belt: Keeping the camshaft and crankshaft in sync". Know-How. Advance Auto Parts. Archived from the original on 2006-04-13. Retrieved 2006-06-09. - "In earlier engines, camshafts were often gear-driven off the crankshaft. Later, powerplant designers developed chain drives in OHV (overhead valve) configurations that allowed some flexibility in the placement of the camshaft so that shorter pushrods could be used, for more performance and efficiency. Those engines with long chains sometimes tended to whip about and cause problems. The only alternative was a noisy and complicated multi-gear train until the cogged rubber synchronous timing belt was invented by Bill Devin in 1954. In a little over a decade, it began to appear on production vehicles and eventually became our standard cam drive in everything from Volkswagen and Toyota, to Ferrari and BMW.
The German Glas 1004 was the first mass produced vehicle to use a timing belt in 1962. In 1966, Opel started production of the Slant Four overhead cam four-cylinder design which used a timing belt, a configuration that is now used in the vast majority of cars built today.
[edit]Bicycle usage

A timing chain, also called a sync chain, is used on tandem bicycles, to synchronize crank movement between the captain (front rider) and stoker (rear rider). As with auto engines, proper tension of the timing chain is necessary to prevent premature wear of the drivetrain components. Tension is adjusted by means of an eccentric bottom bracket.
[edit]See also

Gilmer belt
Interference engine
[edit]References

^ BMW Timing Chain - BMW World
^ Mercedes Timing Chain - Timing Chains
^ Scott, George. "Timing Belts and Chains". Econofix.com. George Scott. Retrieved 8 May 2012.
^ "Gates - Timing Belt Replacement Guide with illustration of V6 timing belt installation and list of engines and replacement recommendations". Gates Corporation. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
^ Siegel, Ira (2007-04-05). "Rattling noise could be from worn timing chain". Chicago Sun Times. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
^ Bennekom, Fred Van (2005). "Audi A4 Car Timing Belt Quality". Retrieved 2010-10-23. "Example of an Audi belt that broke before the recommended replacement interval."
^ "It's All in the Timing". Car Care Council.. 2008. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
^ Carley, Larry (2005). "Timing chains, gears & belts". Carley's Online Library of Automotive Technical Articles. AA1Car Automotive Diagnostic Repair Help. Retrieved 2006-06-09. - "Contrary to what you might think, rubber timing belts do not stretch with accumulated mileage and wear. They are reinforced with strands of fiberglass which makes them virtually unstretchable. After making the crankshaft to cam drive circuit millions of times, the strands can become brittle and may begin to break. Eventually the reinforcing cords give way, the belt snaps and the engine quits."
^ Simmons, Keith (February 2009). "Timing To Win: Ignition Timing for Maximum Performance". Circle Track Magazine. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
^ "Goodyear Develops New NASCAR Cam Drive Belt". PR Newswire Association. 2006. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
^ "An Overview Of The2005 Mitsubishi Galant". The Auto Channel. 2004-10-24. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
[edit]External links

Timing belt animated diagram
Charles Ofria (1996). "Timing belt". The Family Car web magazine. SmartTrac Computer Systems, Inc.. Retrieved 2006-06-09.
Wright brothers' 1903 engine timing system operation
Troubleshooting timing belt wear
Categories: Belt drivesEngine componentsAutomobile maintenanceMechanical power transmission

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: November 17, 2012 07:44PM

Fairfax Circle Shell, easy. Honest and reasonable.

Posted by: Honest Abe ()
Date: November 18, 2012 05:25AM

Covenant Auto off of Liberia in Manassas....good Christian man...knows Hondas well

Date: January 02, 2013 10:43AM

DIY Wrote:
> Get off your ass, get a manual and get some grease
> under your fingernails.
> Cars are not complicated. Self reliance and
> character is. Several you tube videos on the
> procedure. I have done several timing belts and
> saved thousands. And if you drive a Odyssey then
> you have kids and need to save money.

I've done a timing belt once before, on my brother's Saturn S-something. It was a major pain, but doable. I've thought of doing it on the Odyssey, but it's a bit harder than on the Saturn, and we're not comfortable doing this on our primary vehicle. If it was my commuting car, I would do it myself.

Date: January 02, 2013 10:51AM

Finally getting back to this, and have it scheduled for Friday.

Here are the OTD prices I got, all included at least timing belt, water pump, drive belts, and of course coolant:

Burke Auto Experts: $1430
Landmark Honda: $947
Hendrick Honda: $996.81 inc. tensioner
Fairfax Honda: $1118 inc. tensioner
Manassas Honda: $950 inc. tensioner
Fredericksburg Honda: $880 (just for fun to see how much a difference NoVa labor makes)

Got it for $968 at Fairfax Honda after matching $150 coupon from Joyce Koons. Thanks for all the advice, and entertainment.

Posted by: 404ed ()
Date: January 02, 2013 10:56AM

Its one of the MAJOR maintenance expenditures you will face - but it must be done as to not do it means you run the risk of having it snap and having the cylinder heads smash get bent inside the combustion chamber (in "interference" type engines). That damage will run you $3000 to $4500 and then you still have to have the timing belt put on.

The water pump is technically optional but because its usually tucked behind the timing belt in most cars, you should have it done since you would have to expend the labor of removing the belt to get to it.

For most Honda/Acura type vehicles, the interval is either 100,000 or 105,000. For most of the Korean cars, its like 65,000 or 75,000.

Posted by: buyanewcar ()
Date: January 02, 2013 12:38PM

You could always look to purchase a new car. After a week or two of that and calculating the payments you will run to your mechanic to pay 1100 bucks to replace the timing belt. Owning an older car is usually much cheaper. Warning about the Odyssey - the transmissions had been a very weak part of this van. A very large percentage of them crapped out around 70k. Dont know if they fixed that by 2006 but model years 99-2003 were horrible on this.

Posted by: mo1 ()
Date: January 31, 2013 10:56AM

Have also been looking to get this done for my v6 accord. Cheapest in the area I saw was Criswell Honda in Germantown for $699 (or $599 for 4cyl). Their promo seems to end today though but hoping they extend it through next month:

http://criswellhonda.net/Specials-Service.aspx

I am at 95k and actually have the 100k warranty so hoping anything additional that comes up (tensioner, pulleys, etc) will be covered under warranty.

Posted by: Jack ()
Date: February 01, 2013 11:36AM

I did my 05 Odyssey at Hamilton Honda in jersey for $500. Sweet price.
Not gonna find it here. I go up often enough so that it was a good idea, took 4 hours, i took my laptop and worked while I was there.

Posted by: who cares ()
Date: February 01, 2013 09:57PM

most of the prices seem really high. had my civic done for $450, including the water pump. by the way, they water pump is the cheapest part, it costs less than $25. its a labor intense job, and the parts cost next to nothing.

Posted by: End of thread or are you a girl? ()
Date: February 02, 2013 07:10AM

who cares Wrote:
> most of the prices seem really high. had my civic
> done for $450, including the water pump. by the
> way, they water pump is the cheapest part, it
> costs less than $25. its a labor intense job, and
> the parts cost next to nothing.

Man UP. Be a man and do it yourself. It's not about the money but taking charge and doing something yourself. Fucking pussy afraid to get grease on your hands.
What man would drive a civic anyway. Economical cars are cool but civics are for the ladies.

Date: February 03, 2013 11:02AM

@ End of thread or are you a girl?, wtf are you talking about? first off, i do most of my own auto repairs. i dont mess with timing belts because i dont have the knowledge to do that, and im not screwing it up by getting the timing wrong and causing damage to the motor. if you dont know what your doing, dont mess with it. as far as getting my hands dirty, i do it all the time dipshit. by the way, civic's arent for woman. more men drive them than woman do. at 37 mpg, thats why its my commuter car since i drive 128 round trip a day. my non work vehicle is a truck, so stfu douche bag.

Posted by: regular guy ()
Date: February 03, 2013 11:07AM

This is definitely NOT a DIYer job. Timing belts are not a common repair like brakes. The dealership are actually a good option give them a call get a price.

Date: February 03, 2013 11:16AM

you said it. i watched a few videos on how to do it, and after watching them, there was no way i was even trying it. you can screw up to much if you dont know what your doing. thats why its considered a major engine repair. the parts are not expensive at all, its labor intensive.

Posted by: I do care about polluters ()
Date: February 03, 2013 06:26PM

who cares Wrote:
> @ End of thread or are you a girl?, wtf are you
> talking about? first off, i do most of my own auto
> repairs. i dont mess with timing belts because i
> dont have the knowledge to do that, and im not
> screwing it up by getting the timing wrong and
> causing damage to the motor. if you dont know what
> your doing, dont mess with it. as far as getting
> my hands dirty, i do it all the time dipshit. by
> the way, civic's arent for woman. more men drive
> them than woman do. at 37 mpg, thats why its my
> commuter car since i drive 128 round trip a day.
> my non work vehicle is a truck, so stfu douche
> bag.

Timing belts are very easy. You need to find a job closer to where you live.

Posted by: Mr. Haynes ()
Date: February 03, 2013 11:27PM

who cares Wrote:
> you said it. i watched a few videos on how to do
> it, and after watching them, there was no way i
> was even trying it. you can screw up to much if
> you dont know what your doing. thats why its
> considered a major engine repair. the parts are
> not expensive at all, its labor intensive.

Videos. Can't read a shop manual?

Posted by: Lord Chilton ()
Date: February 04, 2013 08:24AM

Mr. Haynes Wrote:
> who cares Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > you said it. i watched a few videos on how to
> do
> > it, and after watching them, there was no way i
> > was even trying it. you can screw up to much if
> > you dont know what your doing. thats why its
> > considered a major engine repair. the parts are
> > not expensive at all, its labor intensive.
>
> Videos. Can't read a shop manual?

Anyone who drives 130 miles to work probably can not read.
Oh yea, he saves the truck for weekends.
32,000 miles per year for work. Not bad for a paycheck.

Posted by: Mike T ()
Date: April 04, 2013 10:51PM

I just got my 03 odyssey's timing belt, water pump, 6PK1165&4pk-1115 belts, coolant replaced for $800. is it a reasonable price?

Posted by: L. B. ()
Date: September 18, 2013 09:27AM

http://coasthonda.com/Specials.aspx?p=4

Thisspecial is located in a shore town area in NJ, considered and expensive area. Price for 6 cy is $600 including pump and drive belts.

Posted by: chains ()
Date: September 18, 2013 07:46PM

I don't buy cars that have timing belts. Only ones that use timing chains, which last the life of the engine.

If it has a belt, they can keep the fucking thing.

Posted by: chains brain dead ()
Date: September 18, 2013 07:57PM

chains Wrote:
> I don't buy cars that have timing belts. Only
> ones that use timing chains, which last the life
> of the engine.
>
> If it has a belt, they can keep the fucking thing.

Then this entire thread would not apply to you. Why did you waste your time interjecting your nonsense here?

Posted by: Erich ()
Date: December 27, 2013 10:26PM

I just saw that Pohanka Honda located on the Beltway near Fed Ex Field is offering Honda and Acura timing belt replacement for only $499

Posted by: erich ruff ()
Date: January 01, 2014 02:15PM

the $499 Honda timing special is on their website

http://www.pohankahondaservice.com/pid18885

Posted by: You Get What You Pay For ()
Date: January 01, 2014 05:46PM

Odyssey Wrote:
> Finally getting back to this, and have it
> scheduled for Friday.
>
> Here are the OTD prices I got, all included at
> least timing belt, water pump, drive belts, and of
> course coolant:
>
> Burke Auto Experts: $1430
> Landmark Honda: $947
> Hendrick Honda: $996.81 inc. tensioner
> Fairfax Honda: $1118 inc. tensioner
> Manassas Honda: $950 inc. tensioner
> Fredericksburg Honda: $880 (just for fun to see
> how much a difference NoVa labor makes)
>
> Got it for $968 at Fairfax Honda after matching
> $150 coupon from Joyce Koons. Thanks for all the
> advice, and entertainment.

It took you 2 months to make a decision between 5 repair shops/dealerships and the price spread was about $200.00 I hope your employment is something simple, and safe from sharp objects or moving traffic.

You are military officer material - Unable to make a decision quickly, with a positive outcome.

Maggots like you are time wasters, and want everything for 3nd world pricing.

There is a reason you ALWAYS receive poor customer service, and it takes 2 to 3 attempts to get anything done. I have seen your type in retail stores, drycleaners, clothing/shoe stores, and car dealership service departments.

Raising hell and threats of calling your lawyer.

Happy New Year Asshole.

Posted by: chain gang ()
Date: January 01, 2014 05:59PM

chains Wrote:
> of the engine.
>

Chains do not last the life of the engine either. They also stretch and have tensioners that need adjustment.

Posted by: what? ()
Date: January 01, 2014 08:47PM

chains Wrote:
> of the engine.
>

Okay so what is a lifetime for an engine to you? 500,000 miles?

Posted by: Brush your teeth ()
Date: January 01, 2014 09:24PM

chains Wrote:
> of the engine.
>

Timing chains can become sloppy at about the 120K Mile mark. The timing chain gears have nylon teeth that wear down over time. I just did the chain and gears on my old 1987 Chrysler V-8, and yes the gears had nylon teeth. This time I installed a double roller. The nylon teeth make the car/truck smoother to drive.

Honda does everything for a reason - Don't question why.

Posted by: erich ()
Date: January 07, 2014 11:03AM

Hamilton Honda just raised their timing belt special price to $549.00 Pohanka Honda near Fed Ex Field, Capitol Heights still has it for $499.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.