HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Stamp Collection Looking for Reputable Dealer
Posted by: John Q ()
Date: November 08, 2012 09:07AM

I have a couple of large boxes of postage stamps from all over the world that have been collected over about 35 years and am looking for a reputable dealer.
There are all types of stamps, some on postcards, some in envelopes; most have not been cancelled. They are not organized but are in excellent shape.

Any suggestions how I sould go about dealing with Stamp buyers
and which to use or avoid?

Will I be charged for an appraisal? How much do they typically pay, i.e. percentage
of actual value?

I am in NOVA near Mt Vernon.

Thanks for your help !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stamp Collection Looking for Reputable Dealer
Posted by: Question Mark ()
Date: November 08, 2012 09:43AM

What's a stamp collection?

Posted by: FBO ()
Date: November 08, 2012 11:04AM

Not the kind of stamps I collect - sorry.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I say "fuck" a lot...

Posted by: I think there all gone ()
Date: November 08, 2012 11:20AM

don't think any exist in NoVa. last stamp shop I can remember was on centreville road in Manassas Park. he had shop in fairfax city for the longest time(shopping center that has a Tippy's) he just shut down the store one day and that was pretty much it for fairfax county. was a stamp store over in springfield but that was more of a coin shop . anyways thats gone too probably some in Maryland(mont. co.) or points north like baltimore

you do a search on this here internet to see if you have anything of value and condition

I remember taking a box of cards to a card shop and in my naivete of youth sold them at cosniderably less than their value

it was that dude who had a card shop on that road were Kilroy's is located and in my old fartdom can't remember the street name right now

lot of those card dealers were sharks guess that was nature of the business
lot of them got what they deserved in the end

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.