HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Virginia's First Offender Program
Posted by: t-mac ()
Date: November 07, 2012 03:18PM

I have recently been summoned to appear in court for the possession of marijuana. From what I've researched I expect to have to do virginia's first offender program. I know the basics of it (6 months no license, 24 hours community service, drug awareness classes and random drug testing) but I'd like to hear from someone who has actually experienced it or knows someone who has so I can get a sense of how it will really affect my lifestyle for the 6 months it lasts. I'm a freshman in college and would really like to be able to go out and drink a little bit, at least once a week. What are the details of the breathalyzer system they have? I've heard it's "random". Does that mean that any given morning someone could show up at my door and force me to take the breathalyzer test, or does it mean on the mornings of the saturday drug/alcohol awareness classes I may or may not have to take one? How exactly does it work? obviously for it to be random for any day of the week they'd have to A) have someone come to my door or B) call me on the mornings they decide to make me take the test and have me come in on my own..both of these sound ridiculously flawed and unreasonable. could someone help me understand how this works (details on things other than the breathalyzer part would be helpful too).
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Virginia's First Offender Program
Posted by: Sven ()
Date: November 07, 2012 03:40PM

t-mac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have recently been summoned to appear in court
> for the possession of marijuana. From what I've
> researched I expect to have to do virginia's first
> offender program. I know the basics of it (6
> months no license, 24 hours community service,
> drug awareness classes and random drug testing)
> but I'd like to hear from someone who has actually
> experienced it or knows someone who has so I can
> get a sense of how it will really affect my
> lifestyle for the 6 months it lasts. I'm a
> freshman in college and would really like to be
> able to go out and drink a little bit, at least
> once a week. What are the details of the
> breathalyzer system they have? I've heard it's
> "random". Does that mean that any given morning
> someone could show up at my door and force me to
> take the breathalyzer test, or does it mean on the
> mornings of the saturday drug/alcohol awareness
> classes I may or may not have to take one? How
> exactly does it work? obviously for it to be
> random for any day of the week they'd have to A)
> have someone come to my door or B) call me on the
> mornings they decide to make me take the test and
> have me come in on my own..both of these sound
> ridiculously flawed and unreasonable. could
> someone help me understand how this works (details
> on things other than the breathalyzer part would
> be helpful too).
> Thanks

Your preconception of the first-offender 'treatment' program is preposterously inaccurate. Nobody will appear at your residence and demand a breathalyzer, considering your charge was simple possession of marijuana and not an alcohol-related offense.

6 months restricted license means you'll be permitted to drive to classes, work, meetings with your probation officer and ADS classes which you will undoubtedly be ordered to enroll in. This does not necessarily mean ALL of your driving privileges will be revoked for 6 months.
However, you won't be able to drive whenever you please, without unnecessary legal repercussions if you're caught.

The ADS program isn't likely to cramp your style, aside from being a pain in the ass for a couple months. Generally the court requires 1st-time offenders to attend 3-hour ADS sessions once a week, and participants are subject to random drug screenings. It would be wise to abstain from marijuana and all other drugs known to linger in your system longer than a day or two.

Follow the rules, don't skip meetings, pass the whiz-quizzes and you're off the hook.

Posted by: Friendly Friend ()
Date: November 07, 2012 06:31PM

Your piss will be taken at your ADS meetings randomly. When you miss meetings and screw up you will have your license suspended indefinitely or even be given jail time. Go to your classes and walk for a few months, it's good for you.

Posted by: JEdi ()
Date: November 05, 2013 09:38PM

I was recently pulled over and gave the cop the concent to search my car since i thought there was nothing in it. He found some shake from my bowl which half of it was burned already. It was a very small amount...This all happened in VA fairfax and now he charged me with possesion and i have to go to court. Is it worth it getting a lawyer? will it be dropped since its my 1st charge? Will they suspend my License ? What should i be expecting worst case scneario?

Posted by: Budrow ()
Date: November 06, 2013 12:58AM

JEdi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was recently pulled over and gave the cop the
> concent to search my car since i thought there was
> nothing in it. He found some shake from my bowl
> which half of it was burned already. It was a very
> small amount...This all happened in VA fairfax and
> now he charged me with possesion and i have to go
> to court. Is it worth it getting a lawyer? will it
> be dropped since its my 1st charge? Will they
> suspend my License ? What should i be expecting
> worst case scneario?
They will throw you in Jail. Hope you can fight real good cause the Niggers will be all over your tender young ass.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.