HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12345678AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 8
Welcome to Fairfax Underground! [New users read this first]
Posted by: Cary ()
Date: March 03, 2005 03:07AM

Welcome to Fairfax Underground! A free and anonymous forum designed to improve communication between residents of Northern Virginia.

This forum was created in 2005 out of my personal frustration in trying to find local information on the internet. Fairfax Underground aims to be a public resource for all residents of Northern Virginia. In keeping with the anonymous public resource theme, you do not need an account to view or post messages to the Fairfax Underground forums. Although, if you do register an account you gain additional features such as private messaging and a designated nickname that cannot be forged.

The overwhelming majority of visitors use this site strictly as a resource and never contribute new content. There is nothing wrong with this but I must impress upon you that there is only as much information available on the internet as you add to it. I implore you to please not be shy about posting in these forums. There is no matter too trivial as long as it's relevant.

Please take the opportunity to ask your neighbors whatever you are curious about. You don't have to provide your real name or email address, and the worst that can happen is that nobody responds. And perhaps a month from now someone will search google for the exact same thing and find your post. So go on, hit that Post New Topic button, what do you have to lose?

[Features]
Forums: The forums are the primary feature of Fairfax Underground. There are currently 4 sections:
* Fairfax General: Just about everything should go here. Anything of interest to Northern Virginia as a whole should be posted to this forum.
* Specific City/Town: "Local" forums for a specific town. Used for very specific things, ie. complain about potholes on a neighborhood street.
* NoVA Underground: Local forums for our neighbors in Arlington, Prince William and Loudoun.
* Off-Topic: Everything else

The forums are open and anonymous. Anything relevant will not be deleted or altered in any way. Occasionally, posts that are either direct personal attacks, spam, or complete garbage will be removed. For more information see the "Moderation" section below.

Arrest/Ticket Search: The Arrest/Ticket search is the second "primary" feature of Fairfax Underground, and the portion that actually draws the most traffic. Every week the Fairfax County Police Department releases a list of the arrests and tickets that were processed during the previous week. For several years I have had a script pull down the latest weekly arrest list and compile the entries into a database. At the time of this writing there are 471,808 entries in the database, each representing a unique ticket or arrest by the Fairfax County Police Department. You can search through the arrest list based on information such as name, offense, street name, date, etc.

The database automatically updates itself at 8:00pm every Thursday night with the latest information.

To access the Arrest/Ticket Search click the link in the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Wiki:
A wiki is a collaborative encyclopedia that anyone can add to or edit. The most popular wiki is Wikipedia, an online collaborative encyclopedia.
The wiki feature on Fairfax Underground was a new addition in June 2006. It was created to be a way to better organize the information provided in the forums. For example, there are a couple threads in the forums on the topic of tattoos (examples: 1, 2), someone looking for information on tattoo parlors would have to sift through the posts in those threads for any relevant information. The wiki page for Tattoo Parlors aims to summarize the information available in the threads in an easily accessible manner.

Anyone can create or edit articles in the wiki. As with the forums, you do not need an account to create or alter pages in the wiki.

[Moderation]
From time to time it may be necessary to delete or alter certain messages to guarantee the quality of this informational resource. Moderation of Fairfax Underground is almost non-existent except in extreme circumstances. The grounds for moderation or deletion of a post are:

* Spam
* Posting complete garbage that has nothing to do with the topic or thread
* Personal attacks on other posters
* Impersonation of other users

Posts are not edited for lewdness, correctness or vulgarity as long as they do not violate one of the rules above.

Users who repeatedly violate the rules will be warned. If the warning is not heeded the user will be banned from posting.

No legitimate post will ever be altered or deleted, regardless of how controversial, without a court order. Free, open, and anonymous means that you can express any thought, idea or opinion without fear of censorship.

Current moderators: Cary, ben

[Trolls]
Do not feed the trolls.

As with any anonymous forum, people will sometimes make inflammatory remarks for the pleasure of getting a reaction. These posters are called trolls. Please do not give them the pleasure of a response, they don't deserve it. Ignore them completely and go on with the discussion as if they never posted. Without the anticipated slew of angry responses trolls will get bored and leave.

Please do not let the trolls deter you from posting.

For more information about trolls see the Wikipedia article.

[Privacy]
Your privacy is extremely important. As such:

No information obtained through this site will ever be sold or passed on in any way.
No information concerning the identity of a poster/viewer will ever be provided to any individual or organization.

[Search Engines]
Search engines such as Google are the primary referrer to this site bringing over 200 unique visitors a day.
Occasionally I will post what queries brought searchers to Fairfax Underground (examples 1, 2, 3)

For some reason this page is ranked higher on MSN search than Google. For an example see the results of a search for "arrests in fairfax county" on MSN and Google. At the time of this writing that query is listed as result #3 on MSN and #10 on Google. The Google result is actually a vast improvement as just a few weeks ago that same query wasn't even in the top 50.

Unfortunately, this higher score by MSN brings an influx of (sorry but) dumber MSN users to the forum.

Google ranks pages based on how many other pages link to them. So I ask you, if you have a webpage or a livejournal or blog or whatever, even if nobody ever looks at it but you and your mom, please provide a link somewhere to Fairfax Underground to help the search engine ranking. Thank you.

[How you can help]
The primary way you can help this community is to contribute. Contribute something, anything. Please do not be shy about creating or responding to threads. Even if the thread is about something as trivial as a neighbor's lawn that needs to be mowed, a teacher that angered you at school, or even the service at a local fast food joint. The point is that you're adding information to the internet, and believe it or not someone will come along and search for the trivial thing you posted about and find it very useful. There is only as much information on the internet as you put on it!

[Anything Else?]
If you have any other questions that are not covered here feel free to post them in this thread or email me at cary@fairfaxunderground.com and I will be sure to get back to you soon.

Thanks and enjoy!

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2008 04:50PM by Cary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: come now don't be shy
Posted by: madhat0r ()
Date: March 03, 2005 03:22AM

Okay I've got one for you management.
What the hell are you doing up at 3:00am?
Also, what the hell is with the 20,000 8th graders hanging out in front of the Centreville Multiplex friday/saturday trying to look tough. I bet they run around the corner with their mommy comes to pick them up.
Also mad props on that ticket list. It's freakin awesome.

Posted by: guy in centreville ()
Date: March 03, 2005 03:34AM

they're all in MS scoping out your car to steal later

Posted by: Daryl ()
Date: March 03, 2005 10:59AM

Where in Fairfax is everyone from? I'm on the very edge of it in Alexandria, Virginia.

Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: March 03, 2005 11:53AM

I think he's up at 3 AM smoking dope

~rob~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2005 02:09AM by Cary.

Posted by: FishShalami ()
Date: March 03, 2005 09:13PM

Im in Alexandria, I don't see the whole purpose of this site...Farifax anarchy perhaps? Eitherway it has potential so count me in

Date: March 03, 2005 11:12PM

i don't know what the point is either. but only good things can come of more communication. right?
tons of residents come through here. most go directly to the arrest list search or cops doing donuts video. feel free to use this however you see fit, they might not always respond but they'll read, and if it interests them, possibly reply.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2005 11:45PM by Cary.

Posted by: keithacole ()
Date: March 04, 2005 08:05AM

i dont even live in fairfax county, i did though for the first 4 months i moved here from West Palm.. i was living in hotels on Route 1 south of 495, right next to Mount Vernon... saw bunch of shit while stayin there..but now im in Gaithersburg, because it was the only place a person with a damn felony and bad credit & a pit can live

Posted by: johnyfitz ()
Date: March 08, 2005 10:51AM

word to the wise. or at least people that hate 12 year old hang outs. laser tag place near dulles is a no go. 12 year old tits galore. unless you like that sort of shit. you sick little freak.plus, does anyone know where that parking lot is in the video of the cops doing doughnuts? just curious.

Posted by: ben ()
Date: March 08, 2005 06:55PM

johnyfitz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> word to the wise. or at least people that hate 12
> year old hang outs. laser tag place near dulles is
> a no go. 12 year old tits galore. unless you like
> that sort of shit. you sick little freak.plus,
> does anyone know where that parking lot is in the
> video of the cops doing doughnuts? just curious.

Shadow Zone or whatevers? It's fun if you go *late* (10-11) with a bunch of older people. Their maze is decent and they have good equiptment.. and if you talk to the burnout high school employees, it can be an even greater time!

Racquetball parther
Posted by: John ()
Date: March 20, 2005 11:15AM

I am a Bally's memeber and usually go to the Landmark club. It's hit and miss on running into someone who plays fairly well (or anyone who plays at all for that matter) at around 2 to 3 pm.

Any members out there looking for a good challenge?

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: March 28, 2005 09:22PM

I think we need a "musicians avaialbel/musicians needed" forum. Back in the good old days you could snag that info at Springfield Veneman's but they've burned up and gone away. I play bass and need to get back in the scene but don't know where people post that kind of thing nowadays.

Posted by: iceman ()
Date: April 06, 2005 04:05PM

There are a couple of crack heads in my community and somebody needs to tell them how to tie there trash. Every time it is garbage collection day and there is wind, all their untied garbage is on the streets or blowing onto other peoples driveways. Worse is that the HOA doesnt do jack shit about any of this even after repeated complaints. Guess there is nothing they can do by providing someone ethics.

Date: April 06, 2005 10:02PM

A new forum on trash collection?

Date: April 06, 2005 10:23PM

lol. just call them out in your local forum.

Posted by: jessica ()
Date: April 09, 2005 08:00PM

ya sorry about that...my little sister is one of those pesky 8th graders. it's a total buzz kill when you show up to a movie completly baked and realize it's a friday night and there's oobers of little kids out.

cary, you rock :) did you make this forum? i just found it through your patriotnet site

Date: April 11, 2005 03:26PM

hahaha. what's up jessica. yeah you found me.

Posted by: Randy ()
Date: April 17, 2005 11:49AM

Any plans to start allowing people to set up user profiles and post as registered users? Would be a nice way to start building more of a community and get out of the anon only status that is currently in place.

Date: April 17, 2005 01:36PM

click "log in" above to make an account
definitely implemented

Date: April 21, 2005 08:03AM

And yes, now you can have an acutal AIM style "profile"
Click "My Control Center" up top or down below and check it out.

Posted by: unlucky ()
Date: May 05, 2005 07:42PM

wtf?

strangest thing i have ever done.

Posted by: Shawn Carter ()
Date: May 17, 2005 12:09PM

whats even worse than the high school kids loitering is the dumbass college kids I saw hanging out at Shell in Burke last night. I expect to see the teenie boppers there and at wendys, but come on, get a life

Date: May 17, 2005 02:03PM

yeah the Shell in Burke is a street racer meetup spot.
Not a "meet" or anything like burger king in manassas, just a spot to hang out and scope other fast cars.

Posted by: Matt Borowski ()
Date: June 13, 2005 10:26AM

What's up Cary, long time no see. Still at Patriot?

Date: June 13, 2005 03:34PM

Lol. Borowski. Yeah I'm sitting here right now. Amazing how many people I know that have stumbled upon this place. Welcome.

Posted by: tarp ()
Date: June 13, 2005 08:01PM

Whitey (LOL) told me about this site.
Hilarious....

I'll have to drop by Patriot one of these days. I live in Fairfax now, so I'm nearby.

Posted by: Cassue ()
Date: July 21, 2005 06:18PM

wtf, im a freshmen and I agree about the kids, but its not their fault they were born alot later than u, dont be hating cuz they are younger and probably hotter

Posted by: Cassie ()
Date: July 21, 2005 06:21PM

oh and yeah its Cassie, bot cassue. lol

Posted by: dlee ()
Date: July 22, 2005 12:03PM

OMG!!1! lol "bot cassue" freshmen rule!

Posted by: tina ()
Date: August 05, 2005 11:29PM

lolzzzzzzz

w00t

i'm not a freshie anymore

=)

Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: August 22, 2005 01:48PM

who'd the idiot posting this?

Posted by: Randy ()
Date: August 22, 2005 02:35PM

Pretty damn annoying, but at lest it is pushing the D&M threads a little further down the page.

Date: August 22, 2005 02:49PM

silver lining. cool.

Posted by: Terps ()
Date: August 27, 2005 10:40AM

I lived in Centreville but moved to Loudoun County in 2003. I'm a Don and Mike Show listener and that's how I found out about the site. I don't have an agenda here and I find the site useful. Thanks. I'll probably register a little later.

Posted by: Chris ()
Date: September 04, 2005 03:23AM

Well, if you wern't a peice of shit who broke the law, you wouldn't need to deal with the cops, and you wouldn't be on probation. You did it all to yourself moron. Stop bitching, be a man, and move on.

Posted by: Dynasty ()
Date: September 22, 2005 12:26PM

Herndon VA. Cool site.I got some dirt on people now. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Posted by: =] ()
Date: February 16, 2006 10:38AM

Centreville is being taken over by the asians/gundis

Date: February 16, 2006 11:11AM

I've owned 2 townhouses in Centreville and both were sold to folks of Asian descent. Who cares? If you don't like it, move somewhere where everyone looks like you. This is a large metropolitan area so you should expect some diversity.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: February 16, 2006 05:22PM

Most of my asian neighbors are quiet, respectable people who leave me the fuck alone. I do have one black neighbor who loves to spout his hatred of the white man when his door is open in the summer, and I am sure even when it is closed in the winter, and it is hilarious. If I wasn't sure he'd shoot my white ass I'd invite him to party.

Can't say the same for many of the fat white women driving SUV's and the redneck jerkoffs driving huge ford trucks who make driving in my neighborhood such a treat.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 17, 2006 08:55PM

it's really been an influx of south koreans which i have always found to be curtious. i know my neighbors (who are korean) are REALLY nice. they always bring us food for whenever they have a gathering/party which is uncommon, really just seasonal. unlike my previous nosy, bitchy, OCD white neighbors, they do leave us alone. they have done nothing at all to annoy me. they are great.

RESton Peace,
  interesting, i was in a videogame store today and there was an guy and two younger kids that came in (they were black) and quite vocal(with the "urban" slaughtered english). im not sure what the deal was but i heard "niger" about 20 times and and twice i heard "naw... dat game duhint(doesnt) have have nuff(enough) sho'tin' in it." loud and yelling across the store. very obnoxious though an uncommon experience for fairfax but all i could think was "these ARE what people define as stereotypes." on my drive home, soccer mom was about to run me off the road for going to slow (the limit).

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2006 08:58PM by Gravis.

hi hi cary..you moderator? jcur
Posted by: djfairfaxgirl ()
Date: March 04, 2006 08:55AM

hi hi..fnd site last week..love!!

fairfax locale..i think im cusp of fairfax..:)
Posted by: djgirldc ()
Date: March 04, 2006 08:58AM

hey there..im newbie in area only pt..used to stay in arlington..now in falls church..but almost by tysons mall..but yet not mclean..so fairfax county i think.as all my "LE" friends lately have been fairfax..is fairfax biggest county in this area? hugs d.j.w

Posted by: RbF_dark420 ()
Date: March 07, 2006 03:48AM

I was actually just chilling in a cracking channel on EFnet #SecureX when Cary msg'd/spammed me about this site. Looks like he was whois'n *@*!*dc.cox.net

I like the links section, i never knew it was so much fun looking up dirt on your neighbors.

RbF_Clan holdn down Herndon, Only clan in Fairfax that MS-13 is scared of... j/k

Posted by: luther_jackson ()
Date: March 09, 2006 08:42PM

Yeah, I saw this site a while back, looked at the arrest things, read some of the forums.

Yeah, I'm from middle school. I'll probably register soon.

Posted by: rebel yell ()
Date: March 09, 2006 09:21PM

Yeah, I registerd as rebel yell.

Posted by: mr.powers ()
Date: April 23, 2006 10:20PM

you guys should all work out at my work, cub run recenter, near westfield high school!

Posted by: thomas ()
Date: April 25, 2006 10:57PM

this place is pretty boss. i'm surprised that there's a lot of people here too...but i guess it's pretty popular and somehow word gets out.

i go to high school and am familiar with a lot of the complaining about high school/middle school/college students.

Re: fairfax locale..i think im cusp of fairfax..:)
Posted by: thomas ()
Date: April 25, 2006 10:57PM

djgirldc Wrote:
> hey there..im newbie in area only pt..used to stay
> in arlington..now in falls church..but almost by
> tysons mall..but yet not mclean..so fairfax county
> i think.as all my "LE" friends lately have been
> fairfax..is fairfax biggest county in this area?
> hugs d.j.w

it's the biggest county in virginia.

Re: Welcome to Fairfax Underground! [New users read this first]
Posted by: dave collins ()
Date: July 11, 2006 08:27PM

Fairtfax Undrground users are invited to www.iPoste.org to post ideas and information, calendars, job postings, pets, sports information for free.
Find and post local and regional information for free.

Posted by: Ellen ()
Date: July 25, 2006 08:38PM

Hello,
I am trying very very very hard to find out information on a community in Fairfax called Hampton Forest. If anyone has any information or knows anything about it (schools, community, family oriented) I would appredciate it. We are relocating and had been looking in Clifton, Little Rocky RUn and Centreville, Virginia Run. We have 2 kids elementary school aged. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Date: July 26, 2006 05:57PM

Hampton Forest is a nice neighborhood, It has a nearby elementary school willow springs. Since that is a fairfax county public school you can assume it is good, if not great for a public school.

It is a typical northern virginia homeowners coop. The neighborhood association is like most others around. I would say it is family oriented in the sense of having a large, safe area to explore, playgrounds and woods, crap like that.

Downside is traffic. That neighborhood is enclosed by braddock and rt 29. Both CAN be bad at that spot during rush hour.

Re: fairfax locale..i think im cusp of fairfax..:)
Posted by: ba ba booey ()
Date: July 28, 2006 05:08AM

djgirldc Wrote:
> hey there..im newbie in area only pt..used to stay
> in arlington..now in falls church..but almost by
> tysons mall..but yet not mclean..so fairfax county
> i think.as all my "LE" friends lately have been
> fairfax..is fairfax biggest county in this area?
> hugs d.j.w

City of falls church is inside fairfax and the surrounding parts are known by the same name. BTW, what is "LE"?

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 02, 2006 03:15PM

Little Rocky Run is the place to be. Nice houses built around 1990 by a competent builder, most go for between 600k-900k, with some higher. School is right inside neighborhood w/in walking distance or short bus ride. Middle and high schools are also walking distance or short bus ride. Traffic is very little problem with 2 ways to major roads. (compton and braddock rds to rt 123, 28, 29, I-66, I-95)

Date: October 26, 2006 08:12PM

any thoughts about a Fairfax EBAY?

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: November 30, 2006 02:59PM

The international Ebay is just fine. However if you want to get rid of stuff or get stuff for free you can go to

Freecycle.org and join the local FX area. just send out querries and or post things you want/need.

Posted by: Skitso ()
Date: January 15, 2007 05:31AM

Hi. i'm justin. I've lived here in NOVA for about 5 years now.

so yeah, thats all.

Posted by: SLVerity ()
Date: November 11, 2007 12:40PM

Test

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: November 17, 2007 04:55PM

How do you edit a post?

You can't edit a post unless you are a registered user.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2007 04:55PM by TheMeeper.

Posted by: Hmmmm ()
Date: January 11, 2008 12:16AM

OH

Posted by: Rod ()
Date: January 16, 2008 11:05AM

Love the Forum. Used to post on "Backfence" Which went out of business. Maybe simple is better. Though I wonder if Underground wasn't the benificiary or thier demise? And I wonder who really runs Underground? Is it a newspaper clandestin? The Times Website will just never fly because they are just too sensored I think. And I wonder if it won't ever have adds like Backfence? Also I wonder why checking rhe replies sent to me via email, never do?-Rod

Posted by: Margie ()
Date: January 16, 2008 12:09PM

Have you ever wondered why you wonder so much? Just wondering..

Date: January 16, 2008 12:27PM

lol @ margie

Anyway, Fairfax Underground is run by the living former cast members of the show Diff'rent Strokes.

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: January 16, 2008 12:44PM

and a few of the dead ones.

Date: January 16, 2008 12:46PM

Rod Wrote:
And I wonder who really runs Underground?

The site is run by some guy named Cary. If it is part of some newspaper or commercial interest, that has never been revealed to us. I think he's just running the site on his own time and own dime. The censorship here is extremely limited, which sometimes leads to shocking amounts of hostility, but it's all good. I don't know why you're having trouble with the email feature, hopefully someone who uses it will reply with an answer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2008 12:47PM by TheMeeper.

Date: January 16, 2008 12:53PM

"Whatchoo talking about RESton Peace?"

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: January 25, 2008 07:17AM

I'm glad RESton Peace specified "living former cast members."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY0NWLCvTGk&feature=related

Posted by: jr ()
Date: February 06, 2008 09:17PM

Anyone hear about the Fairfax County Police SGT. (Supervisor) that Pleaded GUILTY in Federal Court for Unauthorized Computer Access?
I read a Press Release from the United States Attorney, which stated that a Fairfax County Police SGT (7 years as a police officer) Pled guilty in Federal Court for ""Providing information to an Individual subsequently convicted of FELONY offenses. The SGT. ran License Plates and Names through (VCIN) Virginia Criminal Information Network, and (NCIC) National Crime Information Center to see if they were registered with the Violent Crime and Terrorist Offender File.
I also understand that this is NOT the 1st time this SGT. has been in trouble on the job.
The Chief needs to FIRE this SGT. to keep the TRUST of the residences and communities that the Fairfax COunty Police Department serve.

Date: February 06, 2008 09:24PM

Thread is located here:

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/73614.html

jr Wrote:
> Anyone hear about the Fairfax County Police SGT.
> (Supervisor) that Pleaded GUILTY in Federal Court
> for Unauthorized Computer Access?
> I read a Press Release from the United States
> Attorney, which stated that a Fairfax County
> Police SGT (7 years as a police officer) Pled
> guilty in Federal Court for ""Providing
> information to an Individual subsequently
> convicted of FELONY offenses. The SGT. ran
> License Plates and Names through (VCIN) Virginia
> Criminal Information Network, and (NCIC) National
> Crime Information Center to see if they were
> registered with the Violent Crime and Terrorist
> Offender File.
> I also understand that this is NOT the 1st time
> this SGT. has been in trouble on the job.
> The Chief needs to FIRE this SGT. to keep the
> TRUST of the residences and communities that the
> Fairfax COunty Police Department serve.

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: February 26, 2008 09:48AM

Oh wait, I'm Shawn. Married, and a year-old-daughter. Living in Arlington now, but will probably be in the Vienna/Oakton area in the next few months.

Posted by: Naddl ()
Date: March 21, 2008 06:32PM

im living in mclean fo a little it and like to check out the area a little bit.

Posted by: neonbrad ()
Date: April 03, 2008 11:25PM

Where are there any good Thai food places around the govt center.

Thank you. What the police won't tell me I learned from this site.
Posted by: Sven ()
Date: June 19, 2008 05:45PM

Re: The armed robbery in Springfield and the felons being caught on Care Drive - after waking up at 3:00 am to a helicopter circling with spotlight over my house and 8 police care cordoning off my street and police officers searching my backyard with flashlights, upon calling the Franconia Station the next day to ask if I should be worried about my neighbors, they said, "Oh, No, just an internal domestic squabble, nothing to worry about."

Well, gee, Mr. policeman, thanks for not telling me I have armed criminals living and consorting with other armed criminals behind me and running a drug ring. Thanks so much for the one-up.

Especially since we have several small kids in the neighborhood who play with the children who live in the house that has armed robbers. Again, Fairfax, thanks so much for keeping us informed. I'm sure you will feel very sorry when our neighborhood kids are taken as hostages.

I will be calling the appropriate officials in the county to let them know.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: June 21, 2008 02:41AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 07:03PM by Alias.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 21, 2008 03:21AM

Alias Wrote:
> Hi. This is a fun site. One question... How do I
> block irritating posters?

select the name of the poster you dont like and press alt-f4.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: June 21, 2008 03:26AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2012 03:14AM by Alias.

Posted by: Moderator ()
Date: July 09, 2008 07:42PM

Bonjour (just returned from France) to all Fairfax Underground Posters…Old Timers (regulars) and newcomers!!!

I thought I’d touch base and congratulate all of you for your tremendous efforts evidenced by your mostly appropriate postings. We are all working together to abide by Cary’s posted guidelines. He has been a very generous Forum Administrator as he continues to offer this forum at no cost to all of us. Lets all remember that!! This is not a 501 (C ) charitable organization, after all! And, please take notice of the absence of advertisements. The only one footing the bill is “Cary”.

A quick review of the threads seems to indicate …(even though there have been a few bumps!)…everything seems to be running smoothly here at FU.

Thank you all for trying to keep non Fairfax related threads to off topic. It makes Cary’s job easier! He has a demanding real job….and shouldn’t have to babysit threads on the main page! There is much less need for “Moderation” in the off topic. So, again, thanks.

As the “regulars” are fully aware, the newcomers to the forum may not fully appreciate the type of humor so frequently utilized here and, I might suggest trying to be a little more welcoming. We enjoy our growth and hits….so, please try hard not to insult those who may not understand your established humor. Even if I and the regulars do!!!

Thank you and hopefully all are having a wonderful summer.

Signed,

The Moderator
Attachments:
happy-summer.jpg

Date: July 10, 2008 08:04AM

Hey asshole Moderator,

Stop sending me PM's. You are a fucking weirdo, and I don't care who you are, or who you think you are.

Don't PM me ever again, for whatever deranged reason might urge you.

You are seriously one crazed individual. Leave me alone.

Moderator Wrote:
> Bonjour (just returned from France) to all Fairfax
> Underground Posters…Old Timers (regulars) and
> newcomers!!!
>
> I thought I’d touch base and congratulate all of
> you for your tremendous efforts evidenced by your
> mostly appropriate postings. We are all working
> together to abide by Cary’s posted guidelines. He
> has been a very generous Forum Administrator as
> he continues to offer this forum at no cost to all
> of us. Lets all remember that!! This is not a
> 501 (C ) charitable organization, after all! And,
> please take notice of the absence of
> advertisements. The only one footing the bill is
> “Cary”.
>
> A quick review of the threads seems to indicate
> …(even though there have been a few
> bumps!)…everything seems to be running smoothly
> here at FU.
>
> Thank you all for trying to keep non Fairfax
> related threads to off topic. It makes Cary’s job
> easier! He has a demanding real job….and shouldn’t
> have to babysit threads on the main page! There is
> much less need for “Moderation” in the off topic.
> So, again, thanks.
>
> As the “regulars” are fully aware, the newcomers
> to the forum may not fully appreciate the type of
> humor so frequently utilized here and, I might
> suggest trying to be a little more welcoming. We
> enjoy our growth and hits….so, please try hard
> not to insult those who may not understand your
> established humor. Even if I and the regulars
> do!!!
>
>
> Thank you and hopefully all are having a
> wonderful summer.
>
>
>
> Signed,
>
>
> The Moderator

Date: July 10, 2008 11:41AM

TheMeeper wrote:

Hey asshole Moderator,

Stop sending me PM's. You are a fucking weirdo, and I don't care who you are, or who you think you are.

Don't PM me ever again, for whatever deranged reason might urge you.

You are seriously one crazed individual. Leave me alone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay…WOW!!!! Whew!!

….for anyone curious to know what prompted this extreme, unhinged response from TheMeeper, the below is a copy of the ONE AND ONLY PM I have ever sent a poster named “TheMeeper”.

The PM feature is provided by Cary, FU Forum Administrator, for registered posters to communicate. (do so with caution if PMing The Meeper!)

Certainly, based on your reaction, I will not PM you in the future but rather, post, any and all thoughts freely as others do. Got it! This PM related to the newest FCPS Thread where TheMeeper was alleging a poster was utilizing different user names.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PRIVATE MESSAGE

“Meeper:

Your quote: (not to me) on FCPS summer school budget cuts
“And stop logging in under different names, it's seriously retarded, I'm not trying to offend you by saying that, it's just stupid.”

FYI…
Just trying to be helpful…. suggest u consider the possibility a poster in a “school” thread, may very well have other family members posting using same IP. (Spouse, older teenage kids etc.) And, sometimes, the poster is unaware someone in his /her own house is posting and has their back.

You may have already considered this and just want to mess with a new thread, which…well..whatever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There it is…..

To TheMeeper:

Bit of an over reaction…don’t you think? Why do you feel so threatened by one “PM” ?

Have a great day,

Signed,

The Moderator

Date: July 10, 2008 11:57AM

Why don't explain to everybody why you PM'd me to find out details about someone that was at the forum meet last week.

You fucking weirdo, I hope they find out who you are.

Fucking creep.

Date: July 10, 2008 12:00PM

And by the way asshole, I don't know what your obsession is over finding out who they are, but you really need to back the fuck off.

You seriously have a big fucking problem to deal with, leave us out of it.

You fucking weirdo.

Date: July 10, 2008 12:32PM

TheMeeper wrote:

Why don't explain to everybody why you PM'd me to find out details about someone that was at the forum meet last week.

You fucking weirdo, I hope they find out who you are.

Fucking creep.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To TheMeeper:

Very bizarre postings…….sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not interested in your “forum meets”…whatever they are.

As I previously stated, I have NEVER PM’ed you before. You seem to be extremely confused.

Why are you making things up? Hope your day improves.

Signed,

The Moderator

Date: July 10, 2008 12:41PM

ATTN to everyone:

If you get a PM from "Moderator" do not reply. This is someone posing as an administrator, phishing for personal details about forum users. Do not share your forum password with them, they are not a moderator or administrator!! And do not click on any links they send to you, this person is a total scam and is using the pretense of a forum administrator to gain access to your account and seek personal information from you.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: July 10, 2008 01:03PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> ATTN to everyone:
>
> If you get a PM from "Moderator" do not reply.
> This is someone posing as an administrator,
> phishing for personal details about forum users.
> Do not share your forum password with them, they
> are not a moderator or administrator!! And do not
> click on any links they send to you, this person
> is a total scam and is using the pretense of a
> forum administrator to gain access to your account
> and seek personal information from you.

This justifies a ban on Cary's part doesn't it?

s
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: July 10, 2008 01:11PM

s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2010 12:09AM by inkahootz.

Date: July 10, 2008 01:41PM

TheMeeper wrote:
ATTN to everyone:

If you get a PM from "Moderator" do not reply. This is someone posing as an administrator, phishing for personal details about forum users. Do not share your forum password with them, they are not a moderator or administrator!! And do not click on any links they send to you, this person is a total scam and is using the pretense of a forum administrator to gain access to your account and seek personal information from you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO ALL FU Posters:

THE MEEPER IS LYING.

Why he is doing this…. I have no idea.

I am not a forum administrator and never pretended to be one. The only administrator is Cary.

Trickie, Please find Cary. TheMeeper is losing it.

Utilizing this false allegation as a teachable moment, all posters should be fully aware they should never share personal information with anyone in an online forum.

To TheMeeper:

For whatever reason, you seem to be feeling very out of control. Next posting from me will discuss ways to circumvent IP blocking.

Maybe you were just a bit confused earlier and should stop while you’re behind. Move on.

My days fine….yours?

Signed,

The Moderator

Date: July 10, 2008 01:51PM

This creep has been posing as "Moderator" for like 6 months, DO NOT fall for the scam. If you click on the link they send in a PM, delete all your cookies and make sure you run a spyware scan. Best bet is to not open the PM at all. STAY AWAY!!!!

Date: July 10, 2008 03:56PM

THE MEEPER IS A LIAR.

Date: July 10, 2008 04:48PM

Moderator Wrote:
>>> THE MEEPER IS A LIAR.

Wow, I just saw the 20 other comments you posted in a matter of ten minutes. And you know what, I'm not surprised.

You know why?

Because you have proven to us many times over that you will go to great lengths to deceive people on here. Call me a liar? Just run a search for your forum name, and you'll see a long history of nothing but dumb lies and misrepresentation. You're obsessed, and you're fucking crazy.

It's seriously like something from the movie Fatal Attraction.

So keep up the good work. All it really does is show what your true intent is here.

Date: July 10, 2008 04:51PM

Now Moderator is posting his tripe in the Fairfax Forum and cluttering the threads with his nonsense. Clearly this calls for a ban.

"Moderator": of course you have claimed to be an admin here... it is your username. Any new user here would believe that you are really a moderator here or have some kind of admin role. ANY request for info by you, recommendation by you, or even any comment by you is dishonest and clear social engineering.

Date: July 10, 2008 05:08PM

Pgens:

Meeper wrote the following

“If you get a PM from "Moderator" do not reply. This is someone posing as an administrator, phishing for personal details about forum users. Do not share your forum password with them, they are not a moderator or administrator!! And do not click on any links they send to you, this person is a total scam and is using the pretense of a forum administrator to gain access to your account and seek personal information from you.”

----------------------------------------------

Pgens:

I have never, ever sent a PM to anyone asking for information.

The PM to TheMeeper from this morning is the only PM I have ever sent to the Meeper. And, I have never used PM’s to gather information or send spy ware as alleged by TheMeeper. Additionally, I have sent a total of 7 PM’s. 3 to Cary, 2 to Gravis and 2 to Vince(1).

The 2 to Vince(1) were responses which included me specifically referring him to Cary regarding his concerns….as well as stating I have no administrative power.

TheMeeper is a liar.

Date: July 10, 2008 05:15PM

Moderator Wrote:
>>> The PM to TheMeeper from this morning is the only PM I have ever sent to the Meeper.

pgens- I'll PM you what he sent. I won't post it here because it has a partial name in it and just based on the content it will be immediately clear who this fucking creep is trying to track down.

Date: July 10, 2008 05:54PM

TheMeeper wrote:

pgens- I'll PM you what he sent. I won't post it here because it has a partial name in it and just based on the content it will be immediately clear who this fucking creep is trying to track down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please send me this imaginary PM as well....we can all be surprised together.

You are a liar……

x
Date: July 10, 2008 06:53PM

x

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 11:47PM by inkahootz.

Date: July 10, 2008 07:03PM

Hello Fairfax Underground Community!

While we strive to be open and honest on these forums in conformance with guidelines set by our administrator Cary, we must also remember to be civil and refrain from calling people liars in cases where your username here itself describes a lie.

Thank you and have a great day!

Signed,

pgens

s
Date: July 10, 2008 07:07PM

s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 11:50PM by inkahootz.

Date: July 10, 2008 07:19PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 01:13PM by Alias.

Date: July 10, 2008 07:56PM

Can I delete a P.M without opening?

Date: July 10, 2008 08:36PM

Yes margie, click the little check box next to the message and click delete. Viola.

Date: July 10, 2008 08:50PM

Thank-you :))

Date: July 10, 2008 09:23PM

\

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 08:28PM by Alias.

Pages: 12345678AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 8

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.