HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Garage Guru's
Posted by: Garage Guru ()
Date: June 23, 2008 11:17AM

Garage Guru's is a new business in Fairfax. We’ll transform your garage from an unusable space you’d rather not look at into a functional, organized, beautiful part of your home.

Services offered:
Garage Cleaning & Organizing
Protective & Decorative Flooring
Custom Storage Solutions
Slat-wall & Accessories
Lighting fixtures & Drywall
Painting & More

We offer free consultations

Contact us at:
571-426-6389
cleansweepgarage@aol.com
Attachments:
BEFORE AFTER.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Garage Guru's
Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: June 23, 2008 12:21PM

ninjya

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2008 12:21PM by bdimag.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: June 23, 2008 04:36PM

first it would be easier if people took before and after photos from the same angle.

second, all they did was paint the floor and walls and install shelves. And throw away trash

Posted by: Mike Sorce ()
Date: June 23, 2008 05:23PM

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> first it would be easier if people took before and
> after photos from the same angle.
>
> second, all they did was paint the floor and walls
> and install shelves. And throw away trash

I want this business! There are a couple of franchises out there and the cost of a makeover starts at 3K and goes up from there. Frankly, I don't know who is paying for this type of project, but I know that I could an equally good job with Elfa shelving from The Container Store and select items from Lowe's/Home Depot.

Seriously, we had estimates from California Closets and a couple of other companies to redo our master bedroom closet and the estimate was over $4000! We did it ourselves over the course of a weekend (paint needed to dry) for less than $800 and it looks awesome. So good, in fact, that several friends asked my wife to redo their closets.

Posted by: TrueThat ()
Date: June 23, 2008 06:48PM

www.easycloset.com is another good one. used them and had great success. cali closet is a rip off imo.

Posted by: Garage Guru ()
Date: June 23, 2008 07:15PM

Keep on Truckin:

Thank you for your response. Actually what we did was a bit more than just paint and hang shelves. The flooring isn't actually paint at all, it is a modular tile which is extremely strong and durable as well as decorative. Then we actually hung and prepped the drywall. When we got there only half of the garage had drywall and that half had a ton of divets. After painting the walls we hung the slatwall, cabinets and shelves. Then we cleaned and organized the garage and hauled away all the unwanted items.

You're right about the angle of the pictures but I thought it was close enough for people to get a comparison and get a good view of the flooring.

As for the products, garages tend to have a lot more wear and tear so we use extremely strong and durable products. The slatwall we use can hold a lot more weight than average MDF board.

As for pricing we are extremely fair and our workmanship and attention to detail is outstanding. Along with our free consultation we'll give you a 3d rendering of what your new garage will look like. On average we can have your garage done in 1-2 days.

I appreciate all your comments and if you have any questions about our service feel free to give me a call at 571-426-6389

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: June 23, 2008 09:12PM

Upon close inspection, I was wrong. The whole right side is the very accommodating slatwall stuff. You can change the position of the shelves/hangers very easily. And now that i have looked, that is an interesting floor tile.

Posted by: spambusters ()
Date: June 23, 2008 11:37PM

Delete this shit!

If every half-assed "entrepeneur" starts spamming FU, we won't have room for our cop bashin', window tintin', anti RD/school board shit!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.