HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Where are there some REAL haunted spots around here?
Posted by: lisamA ()
Date: October 17, 2012 07:30PM

I've heard of "bunnyman bridge", and the typical graveyard sites, but I'm looking for spots that paranormal activity is a known hot spot. Any ideas?

Oh and for the record, this is not for me, its for my kids and a group who wish to scare themselves silly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where are there some REAL haunted spots around here?
Posted by: down the line ()
Date: October 17, 2012 07:36PM

Lamb center.

Date: October 17, 2012 07:42PM

down the line Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lamb center.

I don't disagree with you there.

Posted by: Nova_Native ()
Date: October 17, 2012 11:01PM

Seriously, (and I get this from a friend and a nephew who "seriously" do paranormal research with the recorders and the spectrum cameras, and what not) Fredricksburg, VA -- the most haunted city in America! It's obviously Civil War related.

The second place is...Gettysburg, PA, for the same reason. Again, I've got one friend and one relative who are seriously into this...nonsense. I can't tell you how many "no, listen to the tape again, the voice is saying, 'I want to kill Yankees'", I've sat through before diving into Christmas dinner.

Bull Run/Manassas should be the same. Old Town Alexandria is a hotbed as well. All of these places have "ghost" tours.

Good luck.

Date: October 17, 2012 11:54PM

Nova_Native Wrote:
> Seriously, (and I get this from a friend and a
> nephew who "seriously" do paranormal research with
> the recorders and the spectrum cameras, and what
> not) Fredricksburg, VA -- the most haunted city in
> America! It's obviously Civil War related.
>
> The second place is...Gettysburg, PA, for the same
> reason. Again, I've got one friend and one
> relative who are seriously into this...nonsense.
> I can't tell you how many "no, listen to the tape
> again, the voice is saying, 'I want to kill
> Yankees'", I've sat through before diving into
> Christmas dinner.
>
> Bull Run/Manassas should be the same. Old Town
> Alexandria is a hotbed as well. All of these
> places have "ghost" tours.
>
> Good luck.

THANK YOU... I figured Manassas would be a hot spot. The other areas are alittle far off and was looking to remain closer to home, so Manassas is a good start point. Will have to check into the tours. Has anyone here done one of those?

Posted by: Scary 1 ()
Date: October 19, 2012 08:14AM

How many post do we need about Haunted Places around here. Can you search for threads before posting.

Posted by: old times ()
Date: October 19, 2012 08:20AM

"I figured Manassas would be a hot spot. The other areas are alittle far off and was looking to remain closer to home, so Manassas is a good start point"

Not anymore even the ghosts pulled up stakes to get away from the influx of mexicans.

Posted by: lolzzzzz ()
Date: October 19, 2012 08:24AM

Sorry boogie men, goblins and ghost are not real. lolz.

Posted by: Wyatt Cambell ()
Date: October 19, 2012 08:33AM

lolzzzzz Wrote:
> Sorry boogie men, goblins and ghost are not real.
> lolz.

Yes we do. Up for a round of golf?

Posted by: lolzzzzz ()
Date: October 19, 2012 08:39AM

Wyatt Cambell Wrote:
> lolzzzzz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sorry boogie men, goblins and ghost are not
> real.
> > lolz.
>
>
> Yes we do. Up for a round of golf?

You bringing the Clubs?

Posted by: Wyatt Cambell ()
Date: October 19, 2012 08:41AM

lolzzzzz Wrote:
> Wyatt Cambell Wrote:
> -----
> > lolzzzzz Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Sorry boogie men, goblins and ghost are not
> > real.
> > > lolz.
> >
> >
> > Yes we do. Up for a round of golf?
>
>
> You bringing the Clubs?

If you bring the forties, homie.

Posted by: Curmudgeon ()
Date: October 19, 2012 12:46PM

Not anymore even the ghosts pulled up stakes to get away from the influx of mexicans.

i dont care who you are -- that right there is funny.

Posted by: indigo ()
Date: October 20, 2012 03:49AM

bunnyman bridge is NOT scary..

do not go near the traintracks in burke tho..

Posted by: Ghost Hunter ()
Date: October 20, 2012 10:32AM

lisamA Wrote:
> I've heard of "bunnyman bridge", and the typical
> graveyard sites, but I'm looking for spots that
> paranormal activity is a known hot spot. Any
> ideas?
>
> Oh and for the record, this is not for me, its for
> my kids and a group who wish to scare themselves
> silly.

Just do a search on here on "Ghosts" and you'll see lots of threads of ghost stories and locations we have posted for all over the place. Lots of places around here that are closer and not as well known that will rock your socks.

Posted by: Ghostly Hallows ()
Date: October 28, 2012 05:47AM

Bunnyman Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8mcHpMbjjI&feature=player_embedded

All About The Bunny Man

The Bunny Man is an urban legend based in Clifton in Fairfax County, Virginia. The stories in the legend can be wide in variance from the origin of the killer, names, transportation changes, the killer's motives, the weapon(s) of choice, the design or color of his bunny suit, and the possible demise of the killer. The killer's ghost or aging spectre is said to come out to the "Bunny Man"'s place of death each year on Halloween to commemorate his untimely demise. Sometimes, victims' carcasses are said to be left in varying states of death, sometimes having been skinned or gutted, and some victims appeared with horns fashioned out of deer antlers or sticks protruding from the heads.

The legend
In 1904, a mental institution in Clifton, Virginia, is shut down by successful petition of the growing population of residents in Fairfax County. During the transfer of inmates to a new facility, the transport carrying the inmates crashes; some patients escaped or were found dead. A search party finds all but two of them.

During this time, locals begin to find hundreds of cleanly skinned, half-eaten carcasses of rabbits hanging from the trees in the surrounding areas. Another search of the area is ordered and they locate the remains of Marcus Wallster, left in a similar fashion to the rabbit carcasses hanging in a nearby tree or under a bridge overpass, known locally as the "Bunny Man Bridge", along the railroad tracks at Colchester Road. Officials name the last missing inmate, Douglas J. Grifon, as their suspect and call him the "Bunny Man".

Officials finally manage to locate Grifon but, during their attempt to apprehend him at the overpass, he nearly escapes before being hit by an oncoming train where the original transport crashed. It was finally revealed that Grifon was institutionalized for killing his family and children on Easter Sunday.

For years after the "Bunny Man"'s death, in the time approaching Halloween carcasses are found hanging from the overpass and surrounding areas. A figure is said to have been seen or heard by passersby making their way through the one lane bridge tunnel.

Victims

In the legend, Bunny Man's purported victims typically are disobedient children or young adults investigating the legend or behaving mischievously away from adult supervision. Groups are separated from one another and the group that returns to the bridge, seemingly not lost, leaves the other members of the group to be stranded without transportation as a joke. Upon returning the next day they locate their lost friends hanging from the train bridge overpass with the same modus operandi of the "Bunny Man".

Investigations
While the legend has circulated for years in several forms, the version naming a suspect and specific location was posted to a Web site in the late 1990s by a "Timothy C. Forbes". Fairfax County Public Library Historian-Archivist Brian A. Conley says this version is demonstrably false; among other inconsistencies, Conley notes that "there has never been an asylum for the insane in Fairfax County" and that "Lorton Prison didn't come into existence until 1910, and even then it was an arm of the District of Columbia Corrections system, not Virginia's." Court records show neither a Grifon nor a Wallster and, writes Conley, "there is not and never has been a Clifton Town Library."

Still, Conley persisted with his investigation and learned of two sightings in 1970 of an ax-wielding man in a bunny suit; in one case, the man chopped at a wooden column and threatened the witnesses, while the other had the man throwing the ax through a car window. Police closed the case after identifying only one adult witness and several children having reported seeing someone in a bunny suit. A university student later presented a paper on local legends that chronicled more than four dozen variations on those two events.

Posted by: Ghostly Hallows ()
Date: October 28, 2012 05:51AM

In fact here's a whole bunch of them from all over the country you can check out...

Haunted Places In The USA
http://crazyhorsesghost.hubpages.com/hub/Haunted_Places_In_The_USA

Posted by: 703mama ()
Date: October 28, 2012 06:34AM

Rippon Lodge in Woodbridge. It was built in 1747. I took a tour recently and felt a heaviness in energy once you get to the second floor.

Posted by: Cracked ()
Date: October 28, 2012 07:48AM

Localized Urban Legends

Some areas have urban legends that are mostly unknown to outsiders. There are several reasons for this. One is that they have a tendency to rely on a certain landmark or stretch of road that only a local would be familiar with. Another reason is that many of them are just stupid, even by urban legend standards. These are the "I guess you just had to be there" stories of modern folklore.
Bunny Man Bridge: An urban legend from Fairfax County, Virginia, the Bunny Man is said to be the ghost of an axe wielding maniac in a bunny suit. It's not clear whether or not the bunny suit was something that he wore while he was still alive. It's possible, if only for the unlikelihood of other people trying to tell an axe wielding maniac how to dress. Supposedly, his spirit haunts the railway bridge where he died. Local teenagers, who apparently have nothing better to do, dare each other to go to stand under the infamous "Bunny Man Bridge" at midnight on Halloween. According to the legend, anyone doing so will be struck dead by the ghost of the Bunny Man. Despite years of this not actually happening, the legend is still around.

Read more: Urban Legends | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/funny-819-urban-legends/#ixzz2AapdiN56
Attachments:
20.jpg

Mt. Vernon Monster
Posted by: Mt. Vernon Monster ()
Date: October 28, 2012 09:30AM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.