HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Virginia Needs A Cell Phone Law
Posted by: PutTheGoddamnPhoneDown ()
Date: June 17, 2008 07:02PM

So, about 5 mins ago, I was traveling north on Stringfellow, when two, *TWO* FREAKING MORONS both pulled out in front of me from opposite sides of the road. Both of them were trying to turn left and were facing each other. Both decided to go right as I got up to them (I suspect one of these morons decided to go, and the other, followed along like a retarded sheep). In an effort to avoid hitting these two imbeciles, I had to slam on my breaks and pull all the way up into the the turning lane so I was directly facing the oncoming south-bound turn lane off of Stringfellow. I pulled up just enough to let the morons get into the middle of the road because they were about to get t-boned. as well.

So let's recap, I almost get T-boned from both sides, by two dip$hits who themselves almost get T-boned.

Here's what infuriates me. I didn't see the moron on my right, but the one on my left had his cell phone plastered to his ear.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE, PUT THE GODDAMN CELL PHONE DOWN FOR A FEW MINUTES. YOU DRIVE LIKE A DRUNK WHEN YOU'RE ON THE PHONE!!!!! YES, YOU TOO

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Virginia Needs A Cell Phone Law
Posted by: Native/ ()
Date: June 17, 2008 07:13PM

:'(

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: June 17, 2008 07:40PM

PutTheGoddamnPhoneDown Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, about 5 mins ago, I was traveling north on
> Stringfellow, when two, *TWO* FREAKING MORONS both
> pulled out in front of me from opposite sides of
> the road...Here's what infuriates me. I didn't see the moron
> on my right, but the one on my left had his cell
> phone plastered to his ear.
>
>

Since this was five minutes ago, you obviously posted this from your cellphone while driving. Good job.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 17, 2008 08:00PM

o noz, phonze!

file.php?2,file=2791
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: T-Boner ()
Date: June 17, 2008 08:55PM

If you weren't speeding around that corner on the hill, we would have had a safe exit. And Fuck You, I had to get one kid from the pool and another from dance lessons, thankfully, the nanny was with my third at the park.

Posted by: native/ ()
Date: June 17, 2008 09:02PM

T-Boner Wrote:
> If you weren't speeding around that corner on the
> hill, we would have had a safe exit. And Fuck You,
> I had to get one kid from the pool and another
> from dance lessons, thankfully, the nanny was with
> my third at the park.

lol, how did I know......

Posted by: bus driver ()
Date: June 17, 2008 10:05PM

Actually they did pass a cell phone law becoming effective 7/1/08. It will be illegal for us school bus drivers to talk on a cell phone while driving the bus.

It's always been a huge no-no in Fairfax county (automatic suspension), but it wasn't illegal. I can't afford one anyway so it doesn't affect me.

As far as a general ban on yakking and driving, it will NEVER, EVER happen. In our corrupt political system the deep-pocketed cell phone interests will just buy off our crooks in Richmond.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: June 18, 2008 09:06AM

PutTheGoddamnPhoneDown Wrote:
>YOU DRIVE LIKE A
> DRUNK WHEN YOU'RE ON THE PHONE!!!!! YES, YOU TOO

+1

The real problem is that IMHO about 30% of the drivers out there have very poor driving skills. Couple that with the cell phone and you have what looks and acts like a drunk driver. Of course they need to be on the phone, because they're talking to their friends about what happened last night, about what their neighbor is up to, their next big 'deal', or about how Fairfax County is busing their kids to the ghetto.

In your case, both drivers are probably unaware that when they enter a roadway they needed to yield to someone who is already there. They probably figured since they waited longer than you did, they got to cross first. Hopefully they learned a lesson in this case which might sink in after they finished cleaning their pants out. You've got to love the fact that in spite of the near accident, the driver didn't put down the phone. Committed to the bitter end.

You can't fight the stupid horde. Just try your best not to let them kill you.

Posted by: Guy ()
Date: June 18, 2008 09:16AM

Cell Phones are not the problem.

Women & Asian Drivers, Nuff Said..

Posted by: Kati_FairfaxEast ()
Date: June 18, 2008 12:07PM

that's correct. Cell phones are not the problem.
Research has shown that even with installed hands-free
cell phone kits, drivers are still just as distracted.

A couple of weeks ago, I was driving on Rt 123 near
Vienna. A woman was trying to make a turn. She had a
sandwitch in her right hand, a cell phone in her left
hand(on the steering wheel), all while trying to make
a gesture so other drivers will let her turn.... :(

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 18, 2008 12:37PM

I admit I recognized my attention-paying skills could be better behind the wheel, so I cut talking on the phone out. I don't see how at least being hands-free is such a big deal here.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: June 18, 2008 07:29PM

Kati_FairfaxEast Wrote:
>She had a
> sandwitch in her right hand, a cell phone in her
> left
> hand(on the steering wheel), all while trying to
> make
> a gesture so other drivers will let her turn....
> :(

Here's one for you:

Awhile back, my wife and I were traveling north from I-95 on 123 following behind a big black SUV (I think it was an Cadillac Escalade). We crossed over the Occoquan bridge and at that time the road narrowed to 2 lanes with lots of cones at the top of the hill (due to road work). So we come to a stop at the top of the hill with the SUV is in front of us. I can't see around it so I assume there's something bad going on. We wait. No forward movement at all, but cars are coming the opposite direction. After about 30-45 seconds, I pull out towards the shoulder to see if I can see how bad this backup is going to be. To my surprise, THERE'S NOTHING BUT EMPTY ROAD IN FRONT OF THE SUV . She's just sitting there - stopped. Why, you ask?

Because traffic lights had been installed there, but oh, they HADN'T BEEN TURNED ON YET. They were turned facing down and weren't even powered up. When we pulled out and went around this woman, she was blathering on her cell-phone, oblivious. As we passed her she looked at us like a dog that had just been shown a card trick. I'm sure she was thinking ( OMG, THEY'RE RUNNING THE LIGHT!! ).

This idiot was so busy talking on the phone she mistook inactive traffic lights for red ones. Nice.

Posted by: freaka ()
Date: June 19, 2008 12:40AM

I can talk and drive simultaneously with no problem... are the rest of you fucks retarded? talking requires a mouth... listening requires ears... driving doesnt require your mouth or ears unless you're hitchhiking or getting raped in the ear by a hippopotamus while on 495

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 19, 2008 09:52AM

well in my defense, the hippopotamus came on to ME, and it was not rape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2008 09:52AM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: Mrs. MaGoo ()
Date: June 19, 2008 10:13AM

I see nothing unsafe about talking on a cell phone while driving down
I-66 in rush hour. Especially if I'm reading the Washington Poo
and putting on makeup at the same time.

Posted by: evilpopo ()
Date: June 23, 2008 11:30PM

Fairfax county already has a traffic ordinance to handle this, it's called "fail to pay full time and attention". The problem is when it goes to court the liberal ass judges toss the ticket unless there's an accident involved or other extenuating circumstances.

Posted by: coffin ()
Date: June 23, 2008 11:48PM

evilpopo Wrote:
> Fairfax county already has a traffic ordinance to
> handle this, it's called "fail to pay full time
> and attention". The problem is when it goes to
> court the liberal ass judges toss the ticket
> unless there's an accident involved or other
> extenuating circumstances.

Those judges ain't liberal...they just want their envelope of cash from Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.