HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Anyone know why there was a police/search helicopter circling around Frying Pan Rd/Sunrise Valley Rd in Herndon around 9pm on 10/10/12?
Posted by: silverjet00 ()
Date: October 11, 2012 03:28PM

Just curious what was going on because this loud helicopter was circling the woods right behind my house with a spotlight for at least an hour last night... This was in Herndon, VA, near the intersection of Frying Pan Road and Sunrise Valley Road. any info is appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone know why there was a police/search helicopter circling around Frying Pan Rd/Sunrise Valley Rd in Herndon around 9pm on 10/10/12?
Posted by: jump suit ()
Date: October 11, 2012 03:34PM

US Marshals were transporting a prisoner on an inbound flight to Dulles and in an extremely daring escape, the prisoner jumped out of the plane right before it landed. He is still considered at large.

Re: Anyone know why there was a police/search helicopter circling around Frying Pan Rd/Sunrise Valley Rd in Herndon around 9pm on 10/10/12?
Date: October 11, 2012 03:36PM

are you kidding???

Date: October 11, 2012 03:40PM

I wish I was.

Date: October 11, 2012 03:42PM

omg! this is LITERALLY right behind my house! is this in the news yet? I haven't heard or seen anything about it! How did you find out about it?

Date: October 11, 2012 03:52PM

I work with law enforcement.

Date: October 11, 2012 03:56PM

is it in the news yet? Any description of the prisoner?

Date: October 11, 2012 03:58PM

No description, but there are theories that he is holed up in the woods near a place that used to be used by contractors to dump bodies of day laborers they didn't want to pay.

Date: October 11, 2012 04:01PM

and where would this place be?

hah, this story is starting to sound a bit sketchy...

Date: October 11, 2012 04:05PM

In the woods behind Floris Methodist Church is what I was told. They are also considering the woods in Frying Pan Park as a possible location of the escapee.

Posted by: @silverjet ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:08PM

This guy is a troll, which should be obvious by now.

Date: October 11, 2012 04:08PM

how has this not made the news yet? Is there anyone who can verify that this is true? (no offense)

Date: October 11, 2012 04:09PM

No offense taken. They don't want to put the community in a panic.

Date: October 11, 2012 04:14PM

so are there police with dogs out in the woods searching? I haven't seen any commotion today... also, if you're in law enforcement..who can I call (non-emergency line or sherrifs dept) to ask about this?

Posted by: junp suit ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:17PM

I said I work WITH law enforcement, not IN law enfrcement. As to what tactics are being employed, I have no idea.

Posted by: Oh Well... ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:19PM

You can lead a horse to water...

Date: October 11, 2012 04:23PM

well, i was hoping to find out some real information here!! :(

Posted by: Oh my god ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:29PM

Someone crashed thru my roof.

Date: October 11, 2012 04:30PM

were they in an orange jump suit?

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:31PM

Silverjet, dont let the trolls bait you. What really happened was a Crispy Creme truck overturned on Sunrise Valley. Cases of doughnuts fell out of the truck only to be stolen by neighborhood kids who ran into the woods with them.
Copter1 had the high priority mission of locating these doughnut thieves. Many police were seen exiting the woods with sticky mouths and fingers...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2012 07:46PM by 496.

Date: October 11, 2012 04:36PM

Part of the problem is that the prisoner wasn't wearing an orange jump suit. He was wearing normal clothes so that the other passengers would be distressed.

Date: October 11, 2012 04:39PM

he must have picked the handcuff locks with a twig from the woods!

Date: October 11, 2012 04:42PM

He escaped from the handcuffs while still on the plane.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.