HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Islamic Saudi Academy Director Arrested for Obstruction of Justice
Posted by: Alfred E. Newman ()
Date: June 17, 2008 08:16AM

Islamic Saudi Academy Director Arrested for Obstruction of Justice

June 16, 2008

Fairfax, VA

On June 9th, Fairfax County Police arrested the Director General of the Islamic Saudi Academy (ISA), Mr. Abdalla I. Al-Shabnan, on the charges of Obstruction of Justice without Force (VA Code 18.2-460). Charged and released on the same day, Mr. Al-Shabnan is out on his own recognizance as he awaits his first hearing at Fairfax County General District Court on August 1, 2008, at 9:30 a.m.

Mr. Al-Shaban’s arrest stems from an investigation into the ISA’s alleged failure to comply with State requirements for reporting child abuse. According to authorities, instead of reporting the child abuse, Mr. Al-Shabnan deleted the report, contacted the student’s parents, and recommended psychological counseling for the young victim. Mr. Al-Shaban’s June 9 arrest comes after a May 23rd police search of the ISA where they gathered evidence that has contributed to the charges against Mr. Al-Shabnan.

Years of Controversy Continue

The ISA has been at the center of controversy for many years. A 2007 United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) report recommended to the State Department to call for the closure of the school. The 2007 USCIRF report prompted a coalition of concerned grassroots organizations to request the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors to delay the renewal of the ISA lease until a Federal investigation into the ISA was completed. During the May 19 Fairfax County Board of Supervisors hearing, County Supervisors dismissed concerns as slanderous, bigoted, and unfounded. During the course of the hearing, Gerald Connolly, Fairfax County Chairman and Democratic Candidate for the 11th Congressional District, apologized to Mr. Al-Shabnan for what he deemed slanderous accusations that impugned the integrity of the Islamic Saudi Academy.

Since that May 19 hearing, the Mr. Al-Shabnan has been arrested and the USCIRF has confirmed ISA textbooks justify murder as an Islamic right.

Only Supervisor Gross has responded to the issue, and she continues her support for the ISA, and its textbooks that contain passages filled with hate and incitement to violence. Chairman Connolly has yet to retract his apology to the ISA and Mr. Al-Shabnan. Supervisor Hyland has not yet commented on whether the texts cited in the USCIRF report are the similar to those he identified as “texts of concern” during his independent and undocumented investigation of the ISA.

These hateful passages remain despite a 2006 US State Department request for the ISA to remove all insensitive and offensive content from textbooks. The ISA’s non-compliance with the 2006 US State Department request has not been accounted for and raises concerns about what the ISA, as an extension of the Saudi government, considers offensive, and the level of accountability they have to their local hosts and Federal government.

Since the US Treasury Department still considers Saudi Arabia as one of the leading financiers of terrorism, and USCIRF reports identify Saudi Arabia’s education as filled with incitements to murder as a religious freedom, the US State Department has not commented as to whether they will extend this policy and allow Iran and North Korea to open official schools in the US as well.

The ISA has run afoul of Virginia law before in hiring a bus driver, Abdelrazeg Abdalla, who had a suspended license, seven traffic violations, a misdemeanor for kidnapping his wife and child at knife point, and a six month detainment by Homeland Security. Nevertheless, the ISA hired Mr. Abdalla as a bus driver. Mr. Abdalla, operating a faulty ISA, bus was responsible for a 2005 multi-car accident.

Additionally, the ISA winner of the superlative Most Likely to Be a Martyr, and 1999 class valedictorian, Ahmed Omar Abu Ali, has been convicted on charges of terrorism and attempting to assassinate President Bush.

As a result for the a May 19 hearing, the ISA’s lease of Fairfax County property continues for another year, as the Board of Supervisors unanimously supports the ISA as a model school beyond reproach.

A video of the complete May 19 Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Hearing on the Islamic Saudi Academy can be found at: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/cable/channel16/vod.htm

Select “Public Hearings” from the May 19 links.

Of Note:
42:58 Fairfax County Chairman Connolly charges of slander remarks
49:35 Supervisor Gross: Latin can be violent and Parochial Schools contain material as equally offensive as the ISAs.
1:02 Supervisor Hyland begins testimony about why and how they’re is no documentation on his investigation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Islamic Saudi Academy Director Arrested for Obstruction of Justice
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: June 17, 2008 09:20AM

I guess the FCB was supposed to know or assume a month ahead of time that the federal investigation would produce these charges...and then again what ever happened to the term "innocent until proven guilty"? I personally would find offensive materiel being taught at any religious based school. Maybe we should close all of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2008 09:22AM by Vince(1).

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: June 17, 2008 09:39AM

Anytime an educator is arrested for obstruction of justice stemming from charges of child abuse, it should be cause for concern. I agree with due process and innocent until proven guilty. However, it seems to me Vince is giving this guy more credit than he is due simply because he is Muslim. If he were a white guy in a Fairfax County school, how would you feel about this situation?

Keep in mind, I go to bat for Muslims all the time on this site. But just because someone is Muslim doesn't make them automatically guilty or automatically innocent of anything.

Posted by: Alfred E. Newman ()
Date: June 17, 2008 09:43AM

Vince,
Once again, you try and take the focus away from this specific incident by
trying to steer the thread to a discussion of all religious based schools.
What me worry?

Posted by: sad bush ()
Date: June 17, 2008 03:16PM

This case will be dismissed. The Saudi king calls prez Bush and Bush in a 3 way call with the jodge dismisses the case. That gentleman is the sad truth

Date: June 17, 2008 03:37PM

I just wonder if the school...and the administrators arent getting a little too much attention from the authorities. The job of the police is to enforce laws without prejudice...perhaps they are getting a little "special" attenion.

Posted by: taxpayer ()
Date: June 17, 2008 04:51PM

I don't think they are getting "special" attention. Just like some diseases get reported to the health department so does child abuse get reported. That child and the parents can be a US citizens. The ISA isn't an embassy - it's just another private school with a landlord.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/17/AR2008061701275.html?nav=rss_metro

The Pope was just here - even met with child abuse victims- committed to wipe out clergy and other abuse. I guess penny Gross forgot he was just here.

This is a link to information on the kuwaiti situation in Mclean where the neighbor rescued diplomatic immunity people's domestic "slaves." What are we supposed to do with stuff like child abuse?

Posted by: taxpayer ()
Date: June 17, 2008 04:52PM

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: June 17, 2008 07:43PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just wonder if the school...and the
> administrators arent getting a little too much
> attention from the authorities. The job of the
> police is to enforce laws without
> prejudice...perhaps they are getting a little
> "special" attenion.

There may very well be a campaign against this school. There appears to be, anyway. But when someone is charged with obstruction of justice over child abuse, it is best to hear what the "facts" are before dismissing it out of hand as trumped up charges because these folks are Muslim. That's all I'm saying.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 17, 2008 07:48PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> I personally would find offensive
> materiel being taught at any religious based
> school. Maybe we should close all of them.

orly?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540
Attachments:
vince.jpg

Posted by: Uncle Sam ()
Date: June 17, 2008 09:33PM

This country could certainly learn something from Australia, you don't see them putting up with this nonsense. Yeah Vince, defend Muslims all you want, I'm sure some are very decent folks but as a whole they're primitive, repressive and violent. I don't know why the "decent" ones don't denounce the violence, killings, beheadings and such but instead send their children to a school that teaches them to hate and kill those who have graciously allowed them to come to this country to work and better themselves because they cannot do it in their own land.

Yeah, call me a redneck or whatever names you can come up with but the fact is I and most others only know what we are taught and what we observe. I and most also feel that if a certain group of people are being taught to hate and kill us then they should killed first. Flame away.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 18, 2008 12:02AM

Uncle Sam Wrote:
> I and most also feel that if a certain group of
> people are being taught to hate and kill us then
> they should killed first.

+1

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 18, 2008 01:51AM

Gravis, I am reasonably sure that is NOT the Feb 6. 1933 Time Magazine cover. That's because this is it:
Attachments:
86d9_1.JPG

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: June 18, 2008 04:54AM

Uncle Sam and Gravis make valid points.

From what I have read in open source materials, some Muslim schools do indoctrinate students with hatred for infidels. As reported and from previous ruses, some Muslims test USA tolerance and use subterfuge to conceal their intent. It's okay to do so to infidels--deception and lies.

The Washington Post reported a few years back that 12 and 13 year old students at one of the Maryland Muslim schools were loyal to Islam and would not fight for the USA.

Date: June 18, 2008 06:31AM

well the amount of self righteousness on this forum is absolutely astounding! 600,000 dead innocent Iraquis in response to an attack that killed 3,000 something Amerikans, they had nothing to do with and we think Muslims are taught to hate and kill. Maybe we arent taught such traits in school books...but we are taught very well to kill and hate.

Hey Dexter...I explained to once already...my beliefs about religion are hardly Stalinistic....Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try....

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 18, 2008 06:38AM

Jimmy Wrote:
>>> loyal to (fill in the blank) and would not fight for the USA.

FWIW, there are plenty of brainwashed christians, jews, and agnostics that are in this category too.

Posted by: YOUR KIDDING ()
Date: June 18, 2008 07:57AM

The degree of naitivity on these posts are astounding.

I attribute it to this generations of spoon-fed, video game worshipping, clueless Fairfax 20 and 30 somrthings.

This Muslim asshole deliberately swept a serious allegation of sexual abuse on a 5 year old child under the rug.

THAT IS NOT HIS CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is typical for the muslims to live by their own rules.

He will do at least 3 years in prison and hopefully be deported.

Posted by: DeathByCop ()
Date: June 18, 2008 08:03AM

Please learn proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure before commenting in the future. You are also wise in the ways of multiculturism. Kudos to you!

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 18, 2008 08:05AM

YOUR KIDDING Wrote:

"The degree of naitvity", LOL

Date: June 18, 2008 08:12AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> YOUR KIDDING Wrote:
>
>
> "The degree of naitivity", LOL

Almost as good as 'irregardless'! However, I think her confusion stems from the fact that sometimes people (especially in literary, movie, and fashion circles) use the french word for naive, 'naivete', when referring to someones naiveness. Unfortunately she is an ignoramus, who would be completely unaware of the difference based on the common vernacular she has been exposed to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2008 08:39AM by DeathByCop.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: June 18, 2008 08:32AM

DeathByCop Wrote:

> Almost as good as 'irregardless'!!!!!

Irregardless will win. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

Date: June 18, 2008 08:59AM

trogdor! Wrote:
> DeathByCop Wrote:
>
> > Almost as good as 'irregardless'!!!!!
>
> Irregardless will win.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

The fact she was lambasting the users of this site for being naive, and used the made up word 'naitivity', is ironic and fucking priceless!!!

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: June 18, 2008 11:14AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> well the amount of self righteousness on this
> forum is absolutely astounding! 600,000 dead
> innocent Iraquis in response to an attack that
> killed 3,000 something Amerikans, they had nothing
> to do with and we think Muslims are taught to hate
> and kill. Maybe we arent taught such traits in
> school books...but we are taught very well to kill
> and hate.
>
> Hey Dexter...I explained to once already...my
> beliefs about religion are hardly
> Stalinistic....Imagine there's no heaven, it's
> easy if you try....

Its time the FBI took a look at Vince.....where's my contact book.....

Date: June 18, 2008 12:10PM

the FBI would be bored to tears with me.

PS...I assume that under the powers granted to the Government under the Patriot Act that every word on this forum is scanned by them or the NSA..or the CIA. You will never see me threatening someone...or promoting the use of fire arms as a means of revolting against the next King George. I recommend everyone obey the laws...pay your taxes and respect that everyone has the rights guaranteed to us under the Constitution of the US...especially Freedom of Speech.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2008 12:16PM by Vince(1).

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.