HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
THREE times in two and a half months
Posted by: uhohnotagain ()
Date: June 14, 2008 03:29AM

Wow.... leaving the neighborhood today w/daughter and went past this house that I had thought something might be going on with drugs as there were ALOT of teen's always at the house, on a daily basis, not always going in, many times just driving up and leaving or even standing outside for a few mins, not the usual friends type of atmosphere, as the kids were always different kids and the visits were always very quick and as we drove past the house at around 4pm today there were about 10-15 SWAT guys dressed in full gear, masks, guns drawn, ect that had just all walked out of the house. I couldnt believe what I was seeing, there were a couple of neighbors standing outside with drinks in hand watching the action as it happend.

This is the third time in 2.5 months that SWAT has taken over a house here, the first house was about 4 houses down from mine (all Ive heard is drugs, dont know what kind though), 2nd house was two streets down from mine (all prescription drugs) and the third house was three streets down from mine (dont know yet what they were busted for). The second house was in the Centreview paper this week.

My neighbors daughter went to ride her bike to a friends house that lived over by the house that got busted today, this poor girl is only 12 yrs old and one of the SWAT guys stopped her and grilled her with questions. Where was she going? who was she going to see? was she coming to that house? why was she riding past the house? did she know anyone in the house? and after she answered all his questions, he then told her to turn around and not to come back past that house for at least another 1/2 hour.

My husband thinks that the kids that got busted at the 2nd house, probably told on the kids that lived in the third house that got busted today since they are one street apart and back to eachother.

The sad thing about this whole thing is that we live in a great and very safe neighborhood and to hear about SWAT being here for the first house, then reading about the second house and then seeing it with my own eyes today for the third house just blew me away. I had my feelings about todays house, but didnt realize how much was really going on in my own neighborhood.

I bet the kids that thought they were going to score a few prescription meds for the last day of school were a bit ticked that they're source was just busted. Glad that SWAT is doing they're job and getting them out of our neighborhood though!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: THREE times in two and a half months
Posted by: Mike Sorce ()
Date: June 14, 2008 08:02AM

Care to share what neighborhood this is?

Date: June 14, 2008 02:29PM

COUNTRY CLUB MANOR in Centreville.

Posted by: mehmeh ()
Date: June 14, 2008 06:15PM

Not familiar with that subdivision in particular but sure sounds "regal".. though regal and drugs don't combine..

Posted by: Luther ()
Date: June 14, 2008 07:09PM

uhohnotagain Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
> This is the third time in 2.5 months that SWAT has
> taken over a house here
>
> The sad thing about this whole thing is that we
> live in a great and very safe neighborhood
>
>

I don't think I'd be calling that a great and very safe neighborhood. Maybe if you are a Hells Angel or something similar.

Posted by: m4ilm4n ()
Date: June 14, 2008 08:43PM

Is that on sunnyside or shadyside? sunnyside was going downhill when I left seven years ago....

Posted by: Mike Hunt ()
Date: June 14, 2008 09:12PM

As a kid who split time in both nice and not so nice Fairfax neighborhoods(my parents divorced at a young age), it's the rich kids, hands-down that are moving and using some serious drugs.

Weed is in every neighborhood, rich/poor, and is harmless, but the crazy drugs were way up, more than a few notches, with the rich neighborhood kids. I was 12 when I first encountered coke. That was when I was staying at the 'nice house' in the 'nice neighborhood."

Date: June 14, 2008 10:00PM

Not sure what sunnyside or shadyside means, I know that in our subdivision there is a older section which would be the section next door to the golf course on Braddock Rd and then there is the newer section (my section) which is across the street from the Golf Course. The cross street to all three houses is Kimanna Drive. If you go down Braddock, take a right on Kimmana, the first house that got busted was on Baugher the 4th right off Kimmana, the 2nd house that got busted is on Batavia the 2nd right off Kimmana and the third house was on Lilva the 5th right off of Kimmana. My understanding from neighbor's is that the kid/kids that got busted on Baugher were involved in high school sports.

Date: June 15, 2008 01:39AM

Luther...
My neighborhood in all truthfullness is very safe and extremely well kept, with neighbors that all socialize with eachother, have cookouts almost weekly, we all watch eachothers kids as well as keep an eye out on eachothers houses, we are always watching whose walking around, driving through, ect.... we are a very tight group of neighbors, but at the same time very laid back and we have alot of fun together. I've never lived in a neighborhood such as this in all my 32 yrs of growing up in the Fairfax/Centerville area and we feel that we are very lucky to have found the house we bought and have no plans of moving anytime soon if at all, because of how safe and comfortable we feel here. It is a place that we are proud to call home and feel that our children are being brought up in a very good area.

Unfortunatley these were high school kids that got into some risky activities and were caught as they should have been. Drugs are everywhere, in every neighborhood, some worse than others, but it doesnt make every neighborhood a hells angel type place to live. Now dont get me wrong there are certainley some area's of centreville that I would be afraid to even drive through, let alone walk through that are filled with drug dealers, gang bangers and pedophiles. I'm happy to say that our subdivision is nothing of the likes. These were high school students, as well as new graduates that were heavily involved in sports, raised very well, strict family up brining, that just took the wrong road and now will pay the price for themselves as well as the reputation they're family will now have. Its really sad, but with all the online pharmacies sending you whatever you want these days, I can see how it would be very easy for a high schooler to get caught up in the mess and make lots of money at the same time. I mention online pharmacies because this is the how the one kid that got busted was getting his supply according to the newspaper report.

Anyway, just trying to say that not all neighborhoods are horrible because of three drug busts in 2.5 months time, I believe that all three were involved with eachother and each told on the other to get out of some jail time.

Have a nice and safe night

Posted by: m4ilm4n ()
Date: June 15, 2008 08:46AM

That's sunnyside - the older section across Braddock (same side as the golf course) is shadyside. It's a nice neighborhood, but it certainly has had it's share of troubles and not just recently. This kind of crap was going on when I was there (even went to court on some of it).

Posted by: john696969 ()
Date: June 15, 2008 11:31AM

um.....i hate to bust your bubble but just because you believe the neighborhood is safe doesnt make it so.

do you have any idea the number of police events that do not get reported, or posted online?

the fact that you live in the neighborhood and dont believe there to be crime doesnt really mean a whole heck of a lot.

i would be interested in seeing what an officer who works that area all the time thinks....

also i dont know of many truly 'safe neighborhoods' where there are 3 SWAT raids in 2.5 months.

Date: June 15, 2008 05:52PM

John696969...
I never said that I didnt believe there wasnt any crime, what I said is that I didnt realize that so much was (drug related) activity going on in my neigborhood. As far as police officers that patrol the area..... my son's best friends mother is a Fairfax County officer and she patrols this area (neigborhood), I see her and speak with her daily and hear what happens, his father is a retired officer and lives directly across from me (they are seperated), again I hear daily the happenings of what happend in OUR neighborhood, there are two other FFX County Officers that live on the same street as we do, but are about 10 houses down and a DC officer that also lives directly across from me right next door to the retired officer. So yes, I think my neighborhood is very safe and we that live here are always informed on what happens. There is obviously some drug activity going on here as we found out, but there is very little non-drug related crime that happens here.

These were high school kids messing around with online pharmacies, they are not hardened criminals that are dealing with hard core related drugs or that are wandering around the streets in a drug induced high causing problems. I am very satisfied with my neigborhood and would gladly tell others that want to raise they're kids in a safe neighborhood to come here.

There was a time last year where someone odd looking was walking around, not someone that was recognized as being someone from our neighborhood and within 20 mins time word had spread to approx 9 families to keep a look out and keep an eye on everyones kids, we were all on the phone with eachother, and most of the adults stayed outside doing yard work or working on they're cars just keeping watch until we all felt safe and all the kids were accounted for and everyone knew where they were all at. Its just that type of place here. I dont feel that in todays society that you can find many places such as ours these days. People just dont stick together and help eachother, they would rather stay in they're houses and not socialize or do things together. Here its just a huge family and we all take care of eachother.

Posted by: Luther ()
Date: June 15, 2008 08:34PM

Wow, it sounds like a "Leave it to Beaver" neighborhood.

How much for the house?

Date: June 15, 2008 08:54PM

Luther...
Four yrs ago we bought our house for $350,000 last year it appraised at $630 but with the market today, i'm hearing that they are back down to around $475-550. There is a house here, that was just put on the market, the owners decided they just werent happy anymore and wanted to go they're seperate ways, so they handed the house over to the bank and left, one went one way the other went the opposite way. The bank had it for about 6 months and just put the sale sign up last week. Not sure how much its going for though. Who ever gets it though will have great neighbors but on the flip side though, I hope we (all of us) get decent people who move in. We'll see what happens.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.