HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tim Russert (RIP)
Posted by: Boomer ()
Date: June 13, 2008 04:35PM

Tim Russert died today RIP. He was a true Nationals and Wizards fan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tim Russert (RIP)
Posted by: Don Carr ()
Date: June 13, 2008 04:41PM

He was also a Buffalo Bills fan! His death is absolutely stunning news. Tim Russert was one of the country's best, most professional, fair and balanced reporters and analysts. His influence on and example for all in his field will be dearly missed - particularly as we enter this next election season. Sad on other levels, too. I'm thinking of his Dad, "Big Russ," and how Tim’s death today - coming up on Father's Day on Sunday - will make it so much harder on the family.

Tim Russert wrote a book, "Big Russ and Me," a couple years ago, a copy of which was my gift to my own Dad last year.

Date: June 13, 2008 04:54PM

His son luke had just graduated Boston College (Tim's alma mater) and they had come back from a trip to Italy.

Some people have pointed out that today is Friday the 13th??

Posted by: bummed ()
Date: June 13, 2008 06:21PM

Was the best on TV in his business bar none. I could never remember his name for some reason so kept calling him the Third Tenor.

RIP big guy.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 13, 2008 06:35PM

He sucked, glad he's dead. He clearly favored politicians, and anyone who does that deserves a worse fate than death. He got off easy. Should have been shanked during a prison riot/raping.

Posted by: Counterpt ()
Date: June 13, 2008 07:16PM

As a fan of “Meet the Press”, I always viewed Tim Russert as an extremely fair interviewer.

Huge loss.

Posted by: mehmeh ()
Date: June 13, 2008 07:40PM

A ver sad loss- I saw him speak- extremely engaging, personable.. and apparently a nice person.. RIP Tim

Posted by: Mike Sorce ()
Date: June 14, 2008 08:09AM

Boomer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> His son luke had just graduated Boston College
> (Tim's alma mater) and they had come back from a
> trip to Italy.

While it is true that Luke Russert graduated last month from BC, Tim Russert is a graduate of John Carroll University in Cleveland, another fine Jesuit institution.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: June 14, 2008 01:31PM

Yes John Carroll University and Marshall Law School from Cleveland State. I am also a Clevelander. RIP Tim Russert. What a great political journalist.

Date: June 14, 2008 02:37PM

I stand corrected, I misheard my information I guess. Sorry :(

Posted by: erik ()
Date: June 15, 2008 12:05AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> He sucked, glad he's dead. He clearly favored
> politicians, and anyone who does that deserves a
> worse fate than death. He got off easy. Should
> have been shanked during a prison riot/raping.

"Meet the Press" was nothing but softball adoration for Tim's chosen. He always breathlessly conveyed propoganda and conventional wisdom. I don't get the sadness. He was part of the problem.

His seat was always empty at RFK, too. I can't really blame him for that, but still.

Posted by: coffin ()
Date: June 15, 2008 01:09AM

Hey erik, go pop an Oxy with your hero Rush.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: June 15, 2008 01:37AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2012 02:50AM by Alias.

Posted by: Reston Laker Fan ()
Date: June 17, 2008 10:14AM

Tim Russert was a big part of my Sunday morning routine. I will miss him and send my sincere best wishes to his family.

Restonpeace, you may want to consider some therepy.

Posted by: Dr. Quinn ()
Date: June 17, 2008 10:37AM

Grilled Cheese Burger

Plus

cat

Equals

Heart Attack

And

heart attack

Posted by: RIP RESton Peace ()
Date: June 17, 2008 09:55PM

RESton Peace, that comment has earned you the "Truly A Piece Of Shit" Award.
I'll be glad when YOU are dead as YOU suck, fucking asshole. I'll see you in hell but you won't see me because I'll be fucking you in the ass with my barbwire coated strap on.

The guys' job was interviewing politicians you stupid fuck, how can you say he favored them? He did a brilliant job of maintaining equal ground while asking the most difficult questions. I would love to meet you in person, so I could fistfuck your ass and rip out your heartless inerds, yeah I know, you would like that.

Posted by: RESton Peace (IP Logged)
Date: June 13, 2008 06:35PM

He sucked, glad he's dead. He clearly favored politicians, and anyone who does that deserves a worse fate than death. He got off easy. Should have been shanked during a prison riot/raping

Date: June 18, 2008 01:57AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2012 02:49AM by Alias.

Date: June 18, 2008 02:14AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2012 03:20AM by Alias.

Posted by: morgan ()
Date: June 18, 2008 08:44AM

Sounds like REStons' got a new girlfriend

Date: June 18, 2008 08:59AM

coffin Wrote:
> Hey erik, go pop an Oxy with your hero Rush.

I'm sure Tim and Rush were very good buddies with much mutual professional respect. They also shared/share the same desire to bend over for Dick Cheney.

Posted by: RIP Alias ()
Date: June 18, 2008 08:57PM

Hey Alias (his other name is Asshat), what makes you think I'm a man, maybe I'm an angry dyke who has respect for the dead.. or maybe I'm a flaming bisexual who will fuck anything - man, woman cow, goat. You don't know so shut your fucking hole. Obviously YOU were the one visualizing a man fucking your man. One thing I won't fuck is the dead, but your buddy RESton will.

BTW, what the fuck side are you on anyway? You state "I never met Tim Russert, but my father met him at Catholic Charity events in N.Y., and regarded him as a man of integrity with a keen intellect and a great wit. He was a gentleman." Then defend this fucktard who states "He sucked, glad he's dead. He clearly favored politicians, and anyone who does that deserves a worse fate than death. He got off easy. Should have been shanked during a prison riot/raping." Obviously you don't know who or what you're quefing about so why don't you and your buddy RESton (what a stupid moniker) get yourselves a double header and do each other?

And to you Erik the moron, Russert was a Democrat, why would he hang with Rush? God I love stupid uninformed fucksticks, you're so easy to identify. Why don't you assholes get out of your Mom's basement and get a life or at least a little education?

Date: June 19, 2008 08:34AM

> And to you Erik the moron, Russert was a Democrat,
> why would he hang with Rush? God I love stupid
> uninformed fucksticks, you're so easy to identify.
> Why don't you assholes get out of your Mom's
> basement and get a life or at least a little
> education?

Oh I don't know...

Limbaugh: "It's just a shame. Tim was a regular guy with that perpetual smile he wore naturally all the time. He loved life and got everything he could out of it. Whether it was at dinner here in Florida while his son was taking golf lessons, or on the set of Meet The Press, Tim was always the same with me: genuine. He never condescended to anyone and was the consummate professional. He will be hard to replace. He was the closest thing there was at any of the networks to an objective journalist."

Hmmmm...doop de doop...

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/estack/tim_russert.guest.html (I love how they both gently and lovingly fellate Ronald Reagan's corpse in this one, too).

I can't stand uninformed fucksticks. You ruin it for everyone else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2008 08:34AM by erik.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: June 19, 2008 10:42AM

I don't know Russert's politics. I do know he was involved with a lot of the same stuff Colin Powell was. Last time I looked, Powell was a Republican.

Date: June 19, 2008 11:55AM

Does anyone else think it is odd that Tim Russert used to hang out at his kid's college keggars? Or that his son refers to him a "Tim Russert" instead of "dad?" I've just found some of his son's comments to be slightly off-kilter. I realize his father's death probably hasn't sunk in yet, but still...

Posted by: coffin ()
Date: June 19, 2008 01:35PM

Tim was probably a Democrat...his dad was a trash collector (ie. working class). But the Democrats always complained that he was harder on his Democratic guests.

Anyway, let's hope Rush's fat, drug addicted ass is next!

Posted by: Friend ()
Date: June 19, 2008 07:34PM

Being genuine didn't make Tim a conservative or Republican but if he did associate with Limbaugh meant he had a poor choice of friends or maybe he wasn't even his friend, just an associate. I heard on the news that he was a dem but who knew (and really who cares) since he did his job so well? At least you never heard him running at the mouth spouting a bunch of lies, misquotes and general BS a la Limbaugh. Nevertheless, Tim was a great guy, good parent and son, awesome journalist, he will be missed by myself and many from all sides.

"Limbaugh: "It's just a shame. Tim was a regular guy with that perpetual smile he wore naturally all the time. He loved life and got everything he could out of it. Whether it was at dinner here in Florida while his son was taking golf lessons, or on the set of Meet The Press, Tim was always the same with me: genuine. He never condescended to anyone and was the consummate professional. He will be hard to replace. He was the closest thing there was at any of the networks to an objective journalist."

Posted by: Friend ()
Date: June 19, 2008 07:53PM

And, no I don't think it was odd if he hung out or just dropped by his kids' college keggars, he was probably just keeping an eye on them while having a beer and sharing some insight with todays youth, probably checking out the coeds too but no, nothing wrong there.

Who cares if Luke referred to his Dad by his name, Tim called his Dad "Big Russ". No, nothing off kilter, just a grieving family trying to deal with the media.

Some of you posters are just plain vicious. I don't know why you cannot accept that there was at least one decent guy out there. It can happen (yeah, I know and monkeys can fly out of my butt).

Date: June 19, 2008 08:25PM

It's not being vicious to question why a 58-year-old guy would be throwing down beers with his kid at a college keggar. It is weird. I remember going to keggars in college and there is no way in hell I would want my dad there. I'm not saying Russert isn't a decent guy. But just because he was an appealing personality on Meet the Press doesn't mean he exercised good judgment in his personal life (which is apparent given his heart attack at 58).

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 19, 2008 08:38PM

FWIW, when I was in college, once or twice a year someone would bring their dad to a party. And it was usually cool as shit. They'd always be some funny older wiseass that was there to have a good time away from the wife and make us all laugh. I can understand that.

OTOH, calling your dad by his first name and last name, that's a bit odd.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.