HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cox internet realy slow again
Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: October 01, 2012 09:10AM

Download speeds in the single digits, upload about normal.

Called Cox and yet again they wanted to "send out a technician".

If you're having problems, too - give them a call: 703-378-8422.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cox internet realy slow again
Date: October 01, 2012 09:30AM

Olde Farte, II Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you're having problems, too - give them a call:
> 703-378-8422.

Or send a quickie email heads up: CoxHSI.Services@cox.com

Posted by: SuckCocks ()
Date: October 01, 2012 10:18AM

in vienna here, mine too
right now youtube cant hardly play a stream

Date: October 01, 2012 10:44AM

SuckCocks Wrote:
> in vienna here, mine too

Send them a quick email - maybe we'll get some help if a whole bunch try to contact them.

[same thing happened in August, 2011]

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: October 01, 2012 10:55AM

I'm not sure if it is related, but there have been multiple power outages this morning. In Reston we had one of the largest, and according to Dominion a line was down. They just had to replace transformer fuses next to my house.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: they never seem to change ()
Date: October 01, 2012 11:06AM

do they?

what is it with cox, and their internet - service in general - being so sub-par? always an excuse from them, unless it's a total outage they like to say it's the provider or, better yet, a problem with your equipment/wiring.

I had cox up until 5 or 6 years ago when i switched to fios, and always had issues. some channnels wouldnt come in at all, others would pixellate to the point of being unwatchable, internet slow as hell or basically out for minutes/hours at a time.

had a cox tech out several times, and every time they plugged their gizmo into the line was the same pat answer - "signal strength coming into the house is fine, must be the internal wiring, not our issue." if not that answer, it was the old "must be the source feed, we just pass along the signal, if the source signal is low you'll get issues at times."

funny how when i switched to fios, all the while keeping every last inch of internal wiring the same, i've never lost internet or had a show/channel pixellate for more than a second or two.

Date: October 01, 2012 11:23AM

Olde Farte, II Wrote:
> Download speeds in the single digits, upload about
> normal.

Unlike this morning when I first called in my problem, there apparently is a status message placed on their support line that they are having problems in NoVa - and now all seems well again - speeds back where they should be.

---------

Aside about Cox service in general - I'm a Happy Camper with the service I've received from Cox over the entire time that Cox has served this area - in general, the (internet) service has been rock solid. Now and then - and "now and then" means, like, less than once per year on average, something goes wrong. Calling tech support is a royal pain (as with this morning where I totally lost it and actually ended the call in frustration - something I am NOT wont to do!) because the droids answering the phone use scripts and assume the callers don't know what they're doing. One would think they have some sort of tracking database to determine if a caller is a flake or has a history of being correct...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.