HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bike route from Springfield-Franconia Metro to Fort Belvoir?
Posted by: Josh-ua ()
Date: June 11, 2008 10:26AM

Hey,
I was wondering if there's a bike path/trail from the Springfield-Franconia Metro to Fort Belvoir? I'd like to take the bus to the station and then bike to South Post. I imagine if I can find a decent bike path from the station to Telegraph & Beulah biking through the rest shouldn't be too bad. Anyone have ideas? Thanks!
-Josh

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bike route from Springfield-Franconia Metro to Fort Belvoir?
Posted by: Suburbanite ()
Date: June 11, 2008 09:39PM

Yes, actually there is a way to ride it. Follow the Franconia Parkway to the east from the Metro and then turn right onto Beulah St. take that South and across Telegraph and you're there.

Posted by: yea ()
Date: June 12, 2008 05:14PM

There is a faster way to Beulah:

Exit the metro to the backside that is on the other side of the train tracks. (When you exit the ticket turnstiles or whatever, make a left and there should be a way out, opposite to the bridge to the parking). There should be bike racks there and a road (Barry Rd) into the woods with single-family houses. Somewhere along that road, to the right, should be a little bridge and curvy, inclined path. At the top of the path is Amberleigh (the townhouse neighborhood). Exit the culdesac and follow Crestleigh Way to the end. Turn right onto Beulah St. and you should know where to go from there.

The bike racks you use if you go on this route is in the back of the Metro station and very prone to theft, so you should probably ride a bike that looks like crap. Also watch out at night for potential robbers.

Posted by: Dude ()
Date: June 12, 2008 07:10PM

Fairfax County puts out a free map of all the bike paths in the county. Stop by the library and ask for it--it's a great resource.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.