HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Annandale :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
SUNSET GRILLE a.k.a. BIKER BAR
Posted by: Sunset Grille 2011 - 2012 ()
Date: October 05, 2011 08:22PM

There has been rumors of the Sunset Grille a.k.a. Biker Bar stating that it is closing down soon. Can anyone clear up this he-said/she-said, going-to-do and what-are-they-going-to-do, BS???

Sunset Grille is one of Northern Virginia's best biker bar's in the area to hear local live bands, enjoy food and drinks with friends. It is also a great place to meet and greet people you already know of and reunite with friends you've known for 40 plus years. It is also a great place to just relax and forget about drama for a few hours. Remember: please keep your drama outside the bar/restaurant before entering. Start drama: the bouncers, bar-tenders and managers will not tolerate it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SUNSET GRILLE a.k.a. BIKER BAR
Posted by: BARTENDERS BE AWARE ()
Date: November 01, 2011 07:02PM

Bartenders have a tendency to have their own circle of "customers" and "close friends" who they call their family, even though they are not blood related. Fine.

If a new face shows up in the bar, and the Bartender does NOT like them for personal reasons; come on now. That's CRFAP. Period. Bartenders along with their other staff members need to be courteous, respectful and professional to WHOEVER walks in during the day or at night.

I've met many Bartenders in the last 30 years, and when one does not even acknowledge their customers, ignores them after customers ask for a drink and order food; that's flat out WRONG. Yes, the bar is busy and not busy at times. Depends.

One night, I greeted a BARTENDER with respect. Another night, I saw her again and greeted her. She give me a nasty facial expression without a smile and just glared at me with such hatred. CRAP. She had the audacity to just do such a mean act and simply walked away from me. Whatever it was, a grudge of whatever; PLEEEESE!

The point of this message is BARTENDERS simply need to keep their flipping DRAMA out of their local bars and tend to their customers in a good way. NOT treat customers they don't flipping like because of something that was said about them or done towards them in the past. FORGET OUT IT!!! Move on.

DONE

Posted by: I know everything ()
Date: November 02, 2011 10:54AM

Maybe it was the 5% tip you left her, you cheap bastard

Posted by: Übermensch ()
Date: January 10, 2012 08:45PM

So what's the deal? They closing or not?

Posted by: bikers ()
Date: January 12, 2012 03:47AM

dunno if they are closing but i went by Cue Club right down the street sat night and they had a band playing in there and a rack of bikes with most of the guys in there wearing their colors...never seen that before in there. maybe thatll be the next sunset?

Posted by: Jackson Teller ()
Date: January 16, 2012 01:25PM

Bikers wearing colors in NoVa? I haven't seen that in years. What "club(s)"?

Posted by: colors ()
Date: January 24, 2012 04:39AM

really you haven't seen colors in nova?

I've seen pagans up at sunset in colors a few times. saw a solid 40+ up at JOhns Place in fairfax all in colors back in august. Then there is Wednesday Night Crew who says they aren't a MC like that but the head guy is a Pagan. lol

Marauders and Sons of Iron in colors like 3 weeks ago- not sure who they roll with.

warlocks and suns of silence in colors over in springfield about a year ago at 1320.

see tradesmen riding around from time to time flying colors.

see other smaller 1s that i haven't heard of but are most likely sister clubs of these. seems like the MC's have started to make a come back in nova.

There's a few diff club houses located in prince william county as well.

Posted by: Not4Me ()
Date: January 29, 2012 02:26PM

It's nothing but a whore house.

Posted by: sadfadf2222 ()
Date: May 24, 2012 04:04AM

Posted by: Poppa ()
Date: May 31, 2012 03:28PM

yes they are closing

Posted by: waldenthreenet ()
Date: May 26, 2013 02:12PM

SUNSET GRILLE a.k.a. BIKER BAR Posted by: Sunset Grille 2011 - 2012 ()
Date: October 05, 2011 08:22PM

Background INfo:Sunset Grille Related News At Annadale Blogpost:

Thursday February 11, 2011

what-your-heard-sunset-grille.htmle what your heard, Sunset Grille not closing

Friday June 1, 2012 The Sun sets on Anndale Dive Bar
Live Music Place ?

Conversation: I am not sure what is a bikers bar. But may be a place for people who loves biking to meet and hangout perhaps ?

Topic 02: I just did a google search and found these two posts and photos at the Annadale blog that indicates tht Sunset Grille is definitely not closing.

And that they acutally have live music for bikers and others who appreciate green living may be.

ANybody been to Sunset Grille at Sunset and experienced the Live Music ?

Question; Do they have a "Open Mike" on Certain Night for local musicians ?

Cafe Twin

About Me

How Ben Franklin Junto Club Keeps On Giving To Posterity _A Success Model Hometown USA

http://www.squidoo.com/how-ben-franklin-s-junto-club-keeps-on-giving-to-prosterity-a-heritage-success-model-hometown
Attachments:
sunset1 Live Music Bikers.jpg
SUNSET GRILL ANNANDALE SunsetDec11.jpg

Posted by: cafetwinv ()
Date: September 19, 2013 09:15AM

Follow Up Topic: Prelude to Meet Soon at Sunset Grill__Biker's Bar

Question: Is this valuable place at Annandale still open ?

Community Vitality Boosters By Café Twin : Cafe Twin's New Group at LinkedIn.Com.

(Please search internet or click on url below)
Welcome !

Designed to link for passions in arts & science topics community centered enrichments_ contribute to quality life styles. For those interested in possible "Virtual Teaming" for
SBIR Grants or for philanthorpy based "Crowdfunded" type arts, invention type project funding ,
this group will be a good place to link with skills and tools when multi-discipline is a logical choice.

There are ground rules for individuals though there is no "dues' for participating on small group activities. Personal Ethics necessary to enable sustainance that strengthens community vitality.

Synergy is established via email or social network at Fairfax VA/Metro DC Hub residing people, for a SBIR type project as "technology development" IT/Telecom/Life Science/Educational Music Video Game or Crowdfuding Type Music Video/Cafe Twin TV Show "Show and Tell", others.

Practicing effective and affordable communications skills most important as we go.

Phone conference calls, typically for 3 to 5 participating, will be done often initiated by "anchor" member of a proposed virtual team. Cafe Twin Conference Calling protocol is now available for 3 to 5 person conference calling by a designated time and date as agreed via email typically.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Community-Vitality-Boosters-Caf%C3%A9-Twin-4797118?trk=my_groups-b-grp-v

Posted by: Old time alkeholic ()
Date: October 08, 2013 07:31PM

Hope this dump is not closing, it's been a great annandale dive for decades. Used to hear tales of Pagans knifing guys there and then dragging the bodies to the near by school. Many drunken hours spent throwing darts, drinking shity beer and having a good time.

When I came of age to drink it was named Duffy's Pub, around 1983. It changed hands once or twice before it became Sunset Grill.

Date: October 13, 2013 02:39PM

Re: SUNSET GRILLE a.k.a. BIKER BAR new

Posted by: Old time alkeholic ()

Date: October 08, 2013 07:31PM

Here is a Yelp note that Sunset Grill at Annandale is now closed.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-sunset-grille-annandale

So, if this is true, let's see if there is another "Grill" at Annandale in that zip code that is a great place for people to meet and share conversation, food, and sometimes music ?

Here are two places I just found doing a Search :

(01) Imm Thai Cuisine

4.0 star rating
26 reviews Rating Details

Categories: Thai, Bars [Edit]

7203 Columbia Pike
Annandale, VA 22003

(703) 750-0880
immthai.com

(02)
Annangol Restaurant

3.5 star rating
27 reviews
$$ • Korean

4215 Tom Davis Dr
Annandale, VA 22003
Phone number (703) 914-4600

Mark R.

It's a small place different from other restaurants but great in the sense that their meat tastes excellent and drinks are much cheaper. I like the fact that the meat is pre-grilled and we

Posted by: Roman a clef ()
Date: January 23, 2014 12:14PM

Sunset Grille is not only closed, but the building has now been torn down. The equipment-rental business next door is gone too. Though oddly the NY Pizza Factory end of the building is still there I think.

Supposedly the new building that's going to be constructed on the site is going to be multiple floors with a restaurant on the ground floor. No word on what kind of restaurant/food though.

The Cue Club up on Columbia Pike near Silverado is basically the only real bar in Annandale right now. It's a good place, but definitely not a dive like Sunset Grille was.

Date: January 26, 2014 01:01PM

Bringing Back a Better "Sunset Grill__Biker Bar at Annandale ?

What can be done to bring back a wonderful place like Sunset Grill Biker Bar in Annandale, VA , perhaps someplace near where this place existed before.

How about going after some of the Koreans, Greeks and Persians among us who are good at starting and running such places elsewhere in Fairfax NOVA Community ?

Waldenthreenet
Attachments:
PUB Celtic-Music-Interpretive-Centre.jpg

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: January 26, 2014 07:34PM

waldenthreenet Wrote:

>
> How about going after some of the Koreans, Greeks
> and Persians
>
> Waldenthreenet
Attachments:
avithreat.jpg

Date: January 28, 2014 10:45AM

Epicure Cafe has now moved to a new location. It's not next to the Bombay Cafe , owned by my friend, Mr. Singh, next to the Fairfax Wall Mart and across the Street from Fairfax K-Mart.

It would be great if some live Indian music was available at the Bombay Curry House , may be when the crowd is low perhaps .

ANyone knows Mr.and Mrs Singh, the ownes of the wonderful Indian Restaurant at Fairfax, VA ?

Bombay Cafe
75 reviews Rating Details Category: Restaurants Indian Indian [Edit]

11213 Lee Hwy
Ste E
Fairfax, VA 22030

(703) 352-8282
aaoji.com/fairfax/html/fairfax.php

Topic 02: Epicure Cafe is now located as reported by Yelp as follows:

Epicure Cafe
39 reviews Rating Details Categories: Arts & Entertainment Music Venues Nightlife Music Venues Restaurants Diners Restaurants American (Traditional) Music Venues, Diners, American (Traditional)
11104 Lee Hwy
Fairfax, VA 22030

(703) 352-9193
epicurecafe.org
Attachments:
EPICURE CAFE CafeEpicure.jpg
INDIA bombay-cafe.jpg

Date: January 30, 2014 03:05AM

I did contract explosive diarrhea after eating at the Bombay Cafe.

The entire house smelled like curry and shit for days.

Posted by: Alpha Male ()
Date: February 09, 2014 12:37AM

BEH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I did contract explosive diarrhea after eating at
> the Bombay Cafe.
>
> The entire house smelled like curry and shit for
> days.

I too had explosive diarrhea. Spray painted the inside of my toilet bowl for days.

Don't eat at this place.

Posted by: cafetwinv ()
Date: February 23, 2014 08:24AM

Here is one possiblity of a quality food and a new bike cafe to replace the old.

Who can we invite to Anndale who knows how to create a wonderful cafe for bikers and others ?

Convert this conversation to something that adds value to Annandale Commuity with successful restaurant owner or two for Anndale and Farfax ?

CafetwinV
Attachments:
CAFE TWIN LIVE MUSIC FAIRFAX NOVADCMWEB 0301.jpg

Date: February 23, 2014 09:03AM

Attachments:
punjabi photos.jpg

Date: March 01, 2014 07:01AM

Community Vitality Boosters__Hometown USA Yours & Mine

http://www.pinterest.com/cafetwin/community-vitality-boosters-hometown-usa-yours-min/
Attachments:
GREEN COMMUNITY URBAN 0204.jpg

Date: March 04, 2014 03:53AM

/
Attachments:
calcutta-october-1841.jpg
calcutta ins.jpg
calcutta demon.jpg
calcutta girl.jpg

Date: March 11, 2014 12:28PM

The Washington & Old Dominion Trail__A Bikers Place such as the Old Sunset Grille at Annandale ?

Conversation: The Washington & Old Dominion Trail is not adjacent to Annandale neighborhood but not too far.

In Annandale a park with bike lanes as reported in Fairfax County governmetn website is this one:

PARK NAME: MASON DISTRICT
ADDRESS: 6621 Columbia Pk., Annandale
ACRES: 121.15

Friends of Wasington & Old Dominioon Trail

http://www.wodfriends.org/

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.