HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Vienna :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
They Are Getting Rid Of Tequila Grande
Posted by: Bob ()
Date: September 10, 2007 11:16PM

www.historicvienna.com

What a shame...this place kicks ass!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: They Are Getting Rid Of Tequila Grande
Posted by: Kelly near Wolf Trap ()
Date: September 11, 2007 03:06PM

I still miss the old HoJo's! As a kid I used to love that little cookie in a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert. I also remember running into performers from Wolf Trap there in the 70s. They used to stay at the Motel next door, back when the Tysons area was still the boonies and there was basically nowhere else to stay.

Posted by: TheDeadMethod ()
Date: June 05, 2008 01:43AM

damn, when are they closing it? I still haven't gotten a chance to go. I've gotten contrasting opinions as to whether it's better than anitas.

Posted by: Jackie-O! ()
Date: June 06, 2008 06:22AM

The place is a filthy shit hole and I would not let my dog eat from that kitchen. Howerver, the beer is always cold!!

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 06, 2008 04:03PM

I only at there once and did not care for what I had. It wasn't horrible, the burrito was sort of bland and tasted like it was something that was frozen that they put in the microwave. Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing though. On the other hand, I've never had a bad meal at the Anita's on East Maple.

Does anyone know what they are going to do with the old Tequilia Grande property?

Posted by: meh meh ()
Date: June 24, 2008 03:03PM

Oh good- hopefully to something good- I didn't like that place (food-wise)- once was enough! what is being done with the property?

Date: June 24, 2008 07:08PM

meh meh Wrote:
>> what is being done with the property?

I drove by there about a week ago and it appeared to still be open.

I also noticed awhile back that That's Amore in Danor Plaza was closed.

Hopefully they'll put 2 good, new restaurants at both these locations. Something a little more exciting than mexican or italian. That's Amore was Ok, but it was pretty tiring and I am not sad to see it go.

Posted by: Meh Meh ()
Date: June 25, 2008 06:59PM

I forgot about That's Amore- (not so in love with that's amore so not a loss to me either).. Another big space.. I hope they are good restaurants.. if it's going ot be another chain like the chipotle, noodles, starbucks block.. how about hard times? a place to hang out and have a few beers..

I saw they are putting up another sushi place next to Bazin's.. Sushi Yoshi I think.. hopefully the that's amore and tequila grande lots are too big for another sushi- i love sushi but there are already a few good places very close by..

Date: June 25, 2008 09:28PM

Yeah, I'd be disappointed too if it was yet another sushi place; there's already enough good ones around there. One in the same plaza even! (that ginger place). I'd also hate to see another steak place too; Tysons has enough high-end steak joints.

Hard Times would be great. I don't really like their food, but I'd welcome their presence.

What Vienna needs, in my opinion:

- A good tapas place
- Mongolian grill restaurant
- Pho
- A serious indian buffet (a la Minerva or Haandi)

My fingers are crossed!

Date: June 26, 2008 08:28AM

Mongolian grill would do really well - there is nothing remotely similar near by (I can imagine a huge Tysons draw).. Pho's nice too.. alas, I have an indian food hater in the household.. I'd still go with friends..

I grew up in Spain and the idea of a tapas place closer than my current options would be more than great (I go to Wegmans almost weekly for their jamon).. There's no cookie cutter formula for a tapas place so some great chef could really have a winner.. I know a lot of people like Bazins but I'm not one of them.. I like how it looks, it had potential.. I know- it;s doing really well and so on..

Date: October 24, 2008 05:26PM

I received one of those Vienna flyers with coupons and there was just one for Tequila Grande- is that bad food place going away or not? I was so hoping a good restaurant would fill that pretty large spot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2008 05:27PM by Meh Meh.

Posted by: Bounce House ()
Date: November 11, 2008 01:51PM

Both Tequila Grande and the adjoining WOlftrap Motel were purchased by Hekemian. Google thier name and you'll see sparse information about thier plans for a "Spanning 2.8 acres, the Vienna Virginia Redevelopment is a thoughtfully crafted village-style mixed-use project that will embrace the charm, history and vitality of Vienna, Virginia. Boundless opportunities exist for this high-traffic location in an affluent Northern Virginia neighborhood."

It has a web page showing tenants for the property, but the list is currently blank. I'm really hoping for another clock repair shop to break the duopoly that the existing two clock repair shops in Vienna now have. That should really drive down costs for all of us with broken clocks in need of repair.

Date: November 11, 2008 04:57PM

Bounce House Wrote:
>> I'm really hoping for another clock repair shop to break the duopoly that the existing two clock repair shops in Vienna now have.

I heard they are putting in a mattress store!

Posted by: Jilly ()
Date: November 11, 2008 10:34PM

I'm really hoping for a bank at that location! Just what Vienna needs, right?

Vienna, Virginia: The Bank-Branch and Mattress Store Capital of the World.

Date: November 13, 2008 09:50AM

Bounce, what a riot!~ In fact, we have dozens of broken clocks and have been waiting for the WalMart of Clock Repair to come to ole Viennie.

Date: November 17, 2008 10:55PM

We also need more nail salons!

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: December 17, 2008 09:17AM

Is Hekemian's plan for the Tequila/Wolftrap property on hold?

Posted by: ChaquitaGrande ()
Date: December 17, 2008 10:03AM

Seems like it as Tequila and Wolftrap are going strong and it's been what, 1.5 years (or more?) since they bought the property. Bodes well for all the the taco/hooker lovers in town.

Posted by: Spitzer ()
Date: December 17, 2008 03:00PM

I do love hookers' tacos!

Posted by: Anan ()
Date: January 28, 2009 10:51AM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu---

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: January 29, 2009 06:26PM

taco/hooker lovers. Isn't that a bit of a repetitive statement?

Posted by: Mark ()
Date: February 17, 2009 06:48PM

I love Tequila Grande--that'd be a shame if it closed.

Posted by: KAH50 ()
Date: April 27, 2009 05:22PM

Mark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love Tequila Grande--that'd be a shame if it
> closed.

I agree with you - love it too!!! No one makes flautas like they do.

Posted by: still there ()
Date: September 01, 2009 08:48PM

Over two years since the sale and nothing's changed...is it the economy? I hate that motel/restaurant and wish they'd replace them soon!

Posted by: Bounce House ()
Date: September 01, 2009 10:36PM

I called hekemian a while back and they said to check bAck in august. I would imagine it's tough to get financing for commercial construction these days.

Re: Tequila Grande is not going anywhere
Posted by: Trent Turner ()
Date: February 26, 2011 04:14PM

Tequila Grande is too good to go away! If they don't renew their lease. they will move to another location nearby.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.