HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Vienna :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is Vienna Inn Good? What about other bars
Posted by: Bar dude ()
Date: June 21, 2017 09:30AM

My subject line pretty much sums up the post. I am new to the area, looking for a decent bar. I have heard mixed things about Vienna Inn, it looks a bit dumpy from outside. If that place sucks, where else do people go? Do most people just hit up DC/Arlington?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Vienna Inn Good? What about other bars
Posted by: You are correct ()
Date: June 21, 2017 12:54PM

The Vienna Inn is a dump on the outside and inside but that's what kinda makes it awesome. You either love it or hate it. It's just the local watering hole where everyone can meet up at and have a beer and chili dog. Cheap-ish beers and cheap good food. If you're from out of town, it might take some time to warm up to it... Or you'll think it sucks and never go back. It looks like shit but it's a great place.

There's also Caboose Brewing Company which is alright I guess. If you're a craft beer guy, then that's the place for you. I don't know, I just don't trust a place that doesn't serve good ole Bud Light.

Yeah a lot go to the DC/Arlington bars. I'm not a fan of heading into the city.

You should also check out Reston Town Center too. It's really close, like ten minutes from Vienna, and it has a lot of good bars and a lot of good restaurants.

Posted by: Reality Bites..... ()
Date: June 24, 2017 08:13AM

If you are looking for a place to go drink beer, the Inn is great, one of the few dive bars remaining in the area.

If you wear skinny jeans, have a manbun, shop exclusively at Whole Foods (across the street).....you should go once so you can post it up on your Facebook page....then just go to the Reston/Arl/Alex/DC bars, everyone will be happier.

Posted by: 3rd Generation Ffx ()
Date: July 14, 2017 02:29AM

Its a local meeting place, that's all. If you don't know anyone, there is nothing to it. But if your determined to be a local fixture, you could break in there. Might take a while though. But its certainly not "happening" if that is what you are looking for. Jammin Java is more the "happening" place & crowd.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.