HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Vienna :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Driving In Vienna
Posted by: organikfarm ()
Date: June 19, 2010 03:42PM

For all of you new to driving in our nice town...

Attn: Drivers in Vienna, VA. Belive it or not some people ride bikes. Red lights and STOP signs mean just that... STOP!!! It does not mean drive right through at 5mph while blabbing on your cell phone. It means STOP look both ways and they continue on safely. If I have any more close calls with you unattentive drivers... I will carry a BIG rusty bolt to toss gently at your nice paint job.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Driving In Vienna
Posted by: Crikey a Bikey ()
Date: June 20, 2010 12:07AM

Tell you what. I'll come to a safe, full stop at every stop sign and red light, if you agree to do the same when you're on your bike, AND, if you don't ride your bike at full speed through a zebra-stripe crossing without looking. I'm absolutely amazed at the bike riders that cross Park Street by the community Center without even looking.

In case you're not familiar with that particular law, motorists yield to pedestrians and bicyclists when they're IN the crossing...motorists are not supposed to initiate a panic stop when a bicyclist sprints across a zebra-stripe crossing without even looking for traffic that's on the road and only a few feet from the crossing.

Ironically, I'm a bicyclist, and I'm fed up with the way that aggressive bicyclists make people hate everyone on a bike...

Posted by: Frankly Speaking ()
Date: June 20, 2010 06:27PM

The number of clueless idiots on bikes who zip across Park Street on the W O&D Trail is outrageous. The town could double the budget if they just put a police officer there for a few hours each day.

NOTE: The bike trail has a stop sign and not the street!!!

NOTE: Most people in Vienna are too busy talking on their cell phones while driving to look out for idiot bikers who don't stop.

NOTE: When a car hits a bike, the bike ALWAYS loses!

NOTE: Traffic rules and signs apply to people on bikes, too!

Date: June 23, 2010 11:23PM

I think all bikes should be licensed....car drivers have no idea who bikes belong to. When bikers get agressive, they should know they just might be tracked down. I had one yell at me (he followed me to Magruder's parking lot) because I honked at him on Courthouse Road as I was passing him. Mind you he was all over the road, ran the redlight at Cths and Nutley, and drove like a jerk. If his bike was licensed, we'd at least have a way of tracking down such riders.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: June 24, 2010 05:16PM

Isn't that the irony. They want to be treated as equal to cars (e.g., right to ride in the road, etc.). But then they feel free to run across red lights and to ignore stop signs.

Posted by: organik farm is a bitch ()
Date: August 04, 2010 01:24AM

you were just told you agressive biking piece of shit.

Posted by: Two tons of cruel steel ()
Date: August 04, 2010 04:47PM

Also, Orgasmic farm, you talk about throwing a bolt at cars? What kind of gentle kharmic shit talk is that? Somebody will be "gently" putting that bolt right up your wazoo. Obey the rules of the road while on your bike, you filthy hippie!

Posted by: kyle ()
Date: April 12, 2011 07:59PM

Haha this guy just trolled you guys, nobody in Vienna is going to run a bolt across anybodies car.

Especially a bicyclist. Where are they going to store the bolt while riding in those faaaaabulous Lance Armstrong EXTREME edition tights?

If you have any more run ins with inattentive drivers, you're not going to do shit about it. You're going peddle yourself back home in a furious huff and then post a vague threat on some internet message board. Again.

Posted by: ralf ()
Date: April 12, 2011 08:15PM

Can anyone cook my dinner for me?

Posted by: Glance Armstrong ()
Date: April 27, 2011 09:31PM

I'll make dinner for you if you're a young female wearng a slinky outfit, but please obey all laws while riding your bike over to my pad.

And bring some wine with you...I drank everything I have

Posted by: Attention bikers ()
Date: February 22, 2013 01:25PM

Haven't you ever been driving enjoying your day when in the middle of the road a biker is acting like a car but one that doesn't have to obey traffic and you think.. Fuck you you fucking peice of shit inconsiderate gay pants wearing dick fagg. And you think about running them into a ditch well thats you when you ride down the street just a thought.... You all suck no exceptions p.s nice helmet

Posted by: Fred ()
Date: March 30, 2013 10:10AM

Bikers in Vienna are OBNOXIOUS, entitled and arrogant. I saw a biker yelling at a father because his 7 year old son (!) was riding a bike near the center of town [near the old train exhibit], telling the father that he didn't care about his son's safety because people ride their bikes fast and that the kid shouldn't be there?!?!? A police officer had to tell the obnoxious biker rider, a guy in his 30s or 40s (!), who was clearly annoyed that he had to slow down because he thought the kid was in HIS way (how the dare the 7 year old enjoy the path, too!!), that the kid had the right-of-way. Bike riders around the center of town must SLOW DOWN -- they do NOT have the right-of-way on the bike path -- walkers and kids on bikes do!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.