HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Vienna :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Party City Moving? Starbucks Takeover?
Posted by: Jilly ()
Date: November 11, 2008 10:40PM

Re: corner of Maple Avenue (123) and Park Street Starbucks.

What is going on there? There is an enormous (new) "For Lease"sign above the Party City and adjacent Chinese fast food restaurant. Party City is advertising a moving sale. Will Starbucks take over this entire building?

Also, the little old Safeway on Maple is closing in December. How do I know? I overheard the Pepsi delivery guy tell the Vienna Rexall manager this today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Party City Moving? Starbucks Takeover?
Posted by: Meh Meh ()
Date: November 17, 2008 09:43PM

Party City is moving a block down next to the dry cleaner in between the 3 or 4 mattress stores.. That little shopping strip is pretty crowded already (parking is tough)- I wonder what will come too..

Now what would replace Safeway .. there is so much potential in Vienna- don't blow it with another mattress store, nail place, clock store etc! I'd like a good restaurant with a cool bar personally.. I guess a (good) bookstore would work in one of these places that are opening up..

Posted by: PROFEEDPET ()
Date: December 02, 2008 03:44PM

Safeway is going out on December 6th and we are getting a Walgreen's!!! yippee....

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: February 02, 2009 05:21PM

Rumor has it on HistoricVienna that Magruders lots its lease. Not good news, if true.

Posted by: Neatfreak ()
Date: February 03, 2009 09:26AM

Yes it is - that place is gross, dirty and always a mess. I was there last night and they had rotting salad in a bowl, boxes of bagels (uncovered) sitting on a cash register on "special" and many shelves either unstocked or completely disorganized.

I much prefer the "souless" Giant and other chains. At least they have some basic standards for cleanliness.

Posted by: Jilly ()
Date: February 03, 2009 12:19PM

God save the Rexall!

Posted by: Meh Meh2 ()
Date: February 05, 2009 09:30PM

I so hope Rexall does not go away- it's one of the best- they do compounds- pharmacists talk to you- we only go there..

Posted by: Magruder's is eternal ()
Date: February 06, 2009 11:17AM

Like most of the garbage on that website, the Magruder's rumor was false. They've posted a message from one of the store's owners saying that their lease is not running out and demanding an apology.

Right now that website is pretty hilarious. They just lost their lawsuit against the town and are ranting and raving most insanely. Choice quote: "Is it murder, corruption, embezzlement, money talking? What could keep fire in the machine, and keep the wheels of this corrupt machine rolling for so many years?"

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.