HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Vienna :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lack of Vienna nightlife
Posted by: Hambone ()
Date: March 26, 2007 07:40AM

Is their some sort of ordinance against establishments selling booze past a certain time in Vienna?

It just seems very VERY odd to me that there are no actual late night (open till last call) bars in that town.

Vienna Inn closes early.

Fosters Grille closes early.

Jammin Java closes early.

Why the hell isn't there an irish pub or tavern of some kind? God knows the money and people are there to support it. It doesn't make sense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lack of Vienna nightlife
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 26, 2007 07:53AM

You can always go to Amphora if you don't mind a place that appears to not know about the health code (judging by complaints).

Posted by: Mike ()
Date: March 30, 2007 10:34PM

They opened a bar over by the post-office, on the street that runs parallel to 123, but that one rolls up the doors early, too. I don't mind the diners, though.

Posted by: friend ()
Date: April 02, 2007 07:12PM

There is the "Neighbors" restaurant sports pub in the Nutley/Park street shopping mall. When I drive home from work at 1:00 or 2:00 am there is always a bunch of cars in the lot.

Posted by: *correction ()
Date: April 02, 2007 07:15PM

*correction: that would be the Cedar-Park Shopping Center at the corner of Park and Cedar.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 02, 2007 10:51PM

"Neighbors" restaurant sports pub

This place is alright in my book. I don't go there alot but they have cheap beers and decent bar food, in an atmosphere where you definitely don't have to worry about trying to impress anyone. The clientele seem to be mostly older blue collar types, and it does get sorta 'redneck' at times, but only relative to NoVA standards. It's a working-class watering hole in a county that has very, very few. Now that you mentioned it, I really like that place!

Posted by: Carrie ()
Date: February 04, 2008 06:45PM

Dude, Neighbors freakin rocks! They have karaokee there on Friday and Saturday nights, and the place goes nuts! Drunk people dancing everywhere. Definetly a good time. Only complaint is the rampant smoke, but you'll have that, I guess.

Posted by: Hotgoto ()
Date: February 11, 2008 08:42PM

I SHALL OPEN A 24 HOUR BAR IN THE MIDDLE OF VIENNA!! YOUR COMPLAINTS HAVE BEEN NOTED, AND THIS BAR WILL BE A GREAT LATE NIGHT BAR!! FOR YOU!! ALL I NEED IS FOR 5 PEOPLE TO DONATE $100,000 AND YOU GOT A BAR? YES! BEAR BAR! NO? BEER BAR!
YEAAAA!!

Posted by: Adam ()
Date: March 20, 2008 03:59PM

The first bar i ever went to was in Vienna, I was underage at the time, and somehow they looked passed it and served me. The place is now demolished, it use to be where the Vienna park and fountain is now.

I agree, BAR in Vienna, Good happy hour also!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.