HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax City :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
New Kabob Place in Fairfax City (Kabob Corner)
Posted by: Kabob Corner ()
Date: October 07, 2008 09:07AM

This is to inform that a new Kabob place called "Kabob Corner" has opened in Fairfac City off of Main Street (236) closed to the intersection of 50 and 236. The street address is 10893 Main Street, Fairfax Va 22030.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Kabob Place in Fairfax City (Kabob Corner)
Posted by: kabobcorner ()
Date: October 07, 2008 11:46PM

This is to inform that a new Kabob place called "Kabob Corner" has opened in Fairfax City off of Main Street (236) closed to the intersection of 50 and 236. The street address is 10893 Main Street, Fairfax Va 22030. The Menu is attached
Attachments:
kabob_corner4.pdf

Posted by: scott Walters ()
Date: November 19, 2008 08:44AM

I tried it for the forst time the other day and I was very pleased. Family run, good menu and good value.

Posted by: flimmy ()
Date: December 18, 2008 02:45PM

Friend from work ate there last night - she went home with a nasty case of the hershey squirts. Not sure if they regularly sicken their customers, but I'm never trying it.

Posted by: ryan ()
Date: February 06, 2009 04:20PM

Oh my god! Kabob Corner is by far the best kabob place in Fairfax. A true must try.

Posted by: Hershal ()
Date: February 08, 2009 05:09PM

Friend from work ate there last night - she went home with a nasty case of the hershey squirts.

Posted by: TATTRAT ()
Date: March 26, 2009 01:55PM

Tried it, liked it, would return. No squirts here

Posted by: Up2Late ()
Date: April 21, 2009 04:28PM

If you like Kabob, this is a great place. We've ordered it at work several times (total of close to 25 meals). So far, no food poisoning and cooked perfect every time.

Another good place is Rawal Kabob (but they're in Chantilly off Rt. 50 and Stonecroft by that 7-11...worth the trip from time to time though)...

Just thought I'd share. I've had Kabob Corner about 4 times myself and they've been awesome every time.

Posted by: todd ()
Date: April 30, 2009 08:08PM

tried it, good, THE BREAD YOU GET IS HUUUUUUUUUUGE. Going back.

Posted by: Mark ()
Date: May 02, 2009 10:42PM

All I gotta say is (WOW) by far the best kabob i have eaten in virginia. I went there last week and since than i have been there four time. I still can't have enough of it. Their kabob is juicy and tender. Number reanson that i am writing this is becouse i just come from there. I had the Deluxe Kabob wich has the combination of checkin, lamb and kubidah wich is beef. the peaple are very nice, and place is clean. I think they kook every thing fresh everyday. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: jesus7 ()
Date: May 03, 2009 11:09AM

Why have two people come forward to say that it makes them shit constantly? Doesn't sound like the best Kabob to me...not if your going to have fecal matter spewing out of your ass like a lawn sprinkler

Posted by: EatAlot ()
Date: May 11, 2009 09:33PM

i go there atleast 2-3 times a week never had any problem. kabobs are food is fresh. love it.

Posted by: Fairfax Resident ()
Date: June 01, 2009 03:12PM

I've been a constant customer ever since they opened (8 months ago). The food is ALWAYS excellent, freshly made, perfectly spices and grilled, and served hot!

Never had a complaint. Plus they have free Wi-Fi service. The place is clean with cold water and cardamom tea free self-service.
I don't know about those who have gastro problems, but they better see a doctor for possible allergies and not blame it on the restaurant !

Posted by: A resident ()
Date: June 01, 2009 03:13PM

I've been a constant customer ever since they opened (8 months ago). The food is ALWAYS excellent, freshly made, perfectly spices and grilled, and served hot!

Never had a complaint. Plus they have free Wi-Fi service. The place is clean with cold water and cardamom tea free self-service.
I don't know about those who have gastro problems, but they better see a doctor for possible allergies and not blame it on the restaurant !

Posted by: fannie ()
Date: June 17, 2009 07:23PM

Oh My God! By far...The Best kabob Place on earth.. Must try!!!
Its clean with nice decor; the cleanest restrooms; great freshly made food; awesome bread and the most succulent kobobs ever!!! love it! I am a regular there!

Posted by: Eat This ()
Date: August 10, 2010 11:33AM

kabob = muslim

don't give them a dime. Eff them all.

Posted by: Judy Drexel ()
Date: August 19, 2010 09:56AM

This place is a front for arab terrorists. DHS needs to close it down.

Posted by: Creepy Crawler ()
Date: December 20, 2010 02:54PM

I once thought that myself. I went in one afternoon, to realize that some sort of meeting was happening in the sectored off portion of the store. All the characters looked suspect. Then noticed Al-Jazeera playing on the tube. Moreover, I just ordered my food and left.

On different occasion, there is a young 'green' eyed girl, who seems nice...however, once gave a female friend of mine a hassle about side orders, they argued for a minute, but that may have been just an estrogen bout. Who is the bigger bitch.?.?.

The kabobs where so-so....and the bread was huge, but that is to fill you up versus the small and expensive chunks of chicken they offer. And this is the first middle eastern, afghan type venue where nothing is spicy!!!

I have not returned to this place for a while. However, would not doubt that in the FFX City there is a "front" like Judy Drexel described.

Posted by: Kent ()
Date: January 29, 2011 12:44AM

Good-all I half to say

Posted by: rebecca ()
Date: February 07, 2011 09:20PM

Hmmm I'll have to try and report back. I do LOVE King Kabob though, I was so sad when it burned down, and happy to learn that since I had left three years ago they had reopened. (but they did get rid of the cucumber salad.....) They have the best eggplant, so I guess I'll base my opinion on the yummy-ness of this new place's eggplant.

Posted by: Squirrel Girl () ()
Date: February 09, 2011 03:08PM

Used my credit card there last year.
Was contacted by my bank a few days later
asking if i had spent $2,550 at Bloomies in NY.
wth
Canceled card and have not returned.

Maybe not their fault
- maybe someone has a CC sniffer nearby.

But food was only so-so and a bit $$$.

There wasn't much bang for the buck there.

Posted by: DRO ()
Date: March 01, 2011 03:27AM

HEY YEA why dont you post more fake postes to try and bump your business....Nice Try Chump, now get that horse meet with the flys on it back in the grinder to serve. Prob got roaches too Chump!

Posted by: VeryFunny ()
Date: April 09, 2011 08:03PM

I've been there two or three times.
The food is not as great as many people state here.
Better options are, Shiney's in Annandale, or Charcoal Kabob in Herndon, or Ravi Kabob in Arlington and Kabob Palace in Crystal City.

at Kabob Corner - the food is over priced and the rice and side portions are smaller compared to other four restaurants mentioned above.

bread is not HUGE at all... try Shiney's and their Naan is much bigger and fluffier....

I would go back, if I were hungry and it was convenient, but if I have a choice between Kabob Corner and other four contestants, I'd pick one of the other four anytime over this place.

It's clean and quiet though. Nice place to grab a bite and move on...

Posted by: jbot304 ()
Date: April 17, 2012 12:20AM

oh my god if this is the same as Food Corner Kabob in Annandale and Rt 7 in Tysons then it is the best kabob place in the world. My buddy's mom was born in Afghanistan and she says its the best food she's had out of the country. I go there all the time, and I'm definitely happy to recommend it because its incredible and the people who run it are super friendly. If that's not the same place, then anyone who likes kabob should try food corner.

Posted by: Alpha Male ()
Date: May 14, 2012 08:47PM

The food sucks and the owners are so cheap they refuse to pay for advertising. Instead, they create multiple phony accounts on message boards to rave about their shitty food.

Posted by: kabob corner ()
Date: May 30, 2012 11:10AM

Hi, I am the manager for Kabob corner. I apoligise for faking these accounts on here. I know it is bad but we have fallen on hard times. We get tons of complaints, we buy the cheaper end of food, and I refuse to comp anyones bill for terrible foor/service. I have also been known to put ex lax into white peoples food.

Posted by: Fair Warning ()
Date: August 10, 2012 06:04AM

I went there twice. I would have agreed with the positive comments after the first visit. The second time I had paid in advance for my meal, and, while eating, a group of Muslim men in traditional Middle Eastern garb came in and started speaking to the young man behind the counter bil Araby (in Arabic) about being more devote and his personal Jihad. After a couple of minutes, the clerk came up to me and asked me to pay for my meal. He knew full well I had already paid. It had the desired effect. I left. Northern VA has one of the highest concentrations of radical Islamists in the US. The incident was disturbing. I am never going there again, and I encourage folks to think about what you might be funding.

Posted by: Me too ()
Date: August 10, 2012 06:14AM

@Fair & @Judy - wow! I had a similar weird experience. I don't speak Arabic, but a group of three older men came in to talk to the clerk. He also came and ask me to pay again. When I protested, the clerk threatened to call the police. I also left. I just figured it was bad business. Maybe there was more to it. It was one of the stranger things I have happen in a long time.

Posted by: Bobby Malik ()
Date: October 30, 2012 03:33AM

Does the new Malik Kabob at Fairfax Circle have the hookah's? Driving the dumpy looking Tennxytoon out of business?

Malik ran for county supervisor in sully district as democrat

democrats like hookah bars? and gathering places

Posted by: Lawrence of Arabia ()
Date: December 24, 2012 09:09PM

Pretty girl behind counter. Eyes sometimes brown, sometimes blue.

Posted by: Fairfaxcutie ()
Date: August 28, 2014 07:21AM

First off I love this place the owner is very nice and allows me to order special since I can't eat to much. But a friend of mine was there last week and wondered if they changed owners because the good was different and not up to par. Did they change owners?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.