HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: April 18, 2011 10:56AM

1) They are on average uglier than the Republicans and a lot less happy.


The narrator here is kind of a dumb ass but not as bad as the human excrement representing the public sector union employees.


I mean really! do you want to raise your kids to hang around freaks like this? Even compared to the Tea Party folk?

Who wouldn't want their daughter to hook up with this guy?


Or this guy auditioning for an anti Palin Death Metal band?


The one guy is freeking hilarious! "UNION JOBS!!! UNION JOBS!!!"

How about this good looking bunch of people from Oregon?


Happy tax day!
From all your great, wonderful and above all your grateful public service employees



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2011 11:06AM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: April 18, 2011 11:07AM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1) They are on average uglier than the Republicans
> and a lot less happy.
>
>
> The narrator here is kind of a dumb ass but not as
> bad as the human excrement representing the public
> sector union employees.
>
>
> I mean really! do you want to raise your kids to
> hang around freaks like this? Even compared to the
> Tea Party folk?
>
> Who wouldn't want their daughter to hook up with
> this guy?
>
>
> Or this guy auditioning for an anti Palin Death
> Metal band?
>
>
> The one guy is freeking hilarious! "UNION JOBS!!!
> UNION JOBS!!!"
>
> How about this good looking bunch of people from
> Oregon?
>
>
> Happy tax day!
> From all your great, wonderful and above all your
> grateful public service employees

So the only reason to be a Democrat is if you're not aesthetically pleasing?

No wonder the political landscape in this country is so fucked up.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Palindrone ()
Date: April 18, 2011 11:11AM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 1) They are on average uglier than the
> Republicans
> > and a lot less happy.
> >
> >
> > The narrator here is kind of a dumb ass but not
> as
> > bad as the human excrement representing the
> public
> > sector union employees.
> >
> >
> > I mean really! do you want to raise your kids
> to
> > hang around freaks like this? Even compared to
> the
> > Tea Party folk?
> >
> > Who wouldn't want their daughter to hook up
> with
> > this guy?
> >
> >
> > Or this guy auditioning for an anti Palin Death
> > Metal band?
> >
> >
> > The one guy is freeking hilarious! "UNION
> JOBS!!!
> > UNION JOBS!!!"
> >
> > How about this good looking bunch of people
> from
> > Oregon?
> >
> >
> > Happy tax day!
> > From all your great, wonderful and above all
> your
> > grateful public service employees
>
> So the only reason to be a Democrat is if you're
> not aesthetically pleasing?
>
>

You definitely look the part.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: truth be told ()
Date: April 18, 2011 11:15AM

mcsmack's wife is quite homely.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: 4 more years ()
Date: April 18, 2011 11:43AM

Ya notice the politics of hate in this thread?

It's not "Why you should vote for something".

Instead it's "Why you should vote against something".

Politics of hate.

Won't work.

You lose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: April 18, 2011 12:26PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 1) They are on average uglier than the
> Republicans
> > and a lot less happy.
> >

> So the only reason to be a Democrat is if you're
> not aesthetically pleasing?
>

No! Most of these folk didn't start out that ugly and mean spirited. It grows on you over time. Generational dependence on the public sector i.e. parents and grandparents employed by the government, UAW or other organizations that have to be bailed out by the private sector.

These are angry unhappy losers who have passed the point of no return. Most likely a genetic mutation has occurred making rehabilitation scientifically and medically impossible. Darwinism will ultimately purge these weak and helpless subjects from among us but it is going to be expensive and take time.

My point is that as a society we must break the cycle if we are to survive. It starts with a conscious decision to raise our children to not think like them and above all NOT breed with them. Seriously guys. Take a look around you especially if you tend to lean left of center with your political philosophy. Look at the people you have chosen to identify with. Then look in the mirror and ask yourselves, "am I really that nasty of a human being"? Are the above examples what you want the future of your families lineage to resemble???? I venture to guess your answer is nay. And don't tell me you would rather have them be an ugly, disoriented and crazy freeking socialist troll than a Sarah Palin type or whatever. Not only is that unbelievable it is stupid.

So I say teach your children well. Teach them to never hold their hand out. For anything. Teach them to stay out of the public sector workforce. If they want to be a teacher tell them to be a private school teacher. Teach them it is none of their business how much money other people make and they have no moral claim to it. And it shouldn't be any of the government's business either. Teach them to mind their own business and take care of their own families first. Teach them to be and vote conservative.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 18, 2011 12:34PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So the only reason to be a Democrat is if you're
> not aesthetically pleasing?
>
> No wonder the political landscape in this country
> is so fucked up.


Countdown till someone posts that liberal women vs conservative women pic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: one term wonder ()
Date: April 18, 2011 12:47PM

4 more years Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ya notice the politics of hate in this thread?
>
> It's not "Why you should vote for something".
>
> Instead it's "Why you should vote against
> something".
>
> Politics of hate.
>
> Won't work.
>
> You lose.

Do you mean "politics of hate" like this:

Our tax dollars at ... well ... NOT work
Posted by: 4 more years ()
Date: January 14, 2011 08:49PM


http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110114/us_nm/us_usa_security_fence

Thanks, Prez Bush - it's crap like this that Obama has to fix.

Only $19 million per mile.

Or $3500 per foot, if you prefer.

And it didn't work.

Crap.
--------------------------------

Or this one? Isn't this a sort of "why you should vote against something" post?


With Republicans like this Obama's a shoe-in next election
Posted by: 4 more years ()
Date: January 19, 2011 11:37AM


http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20028777-503544.html

We can only hope Ms. Palin continues to spout off the next couple years - even without being as good as he's shown to be, mainstream American voters will run screaming to support Obama rather than these losers.

Yay!

-------------------------------------

How about this one?

Re: Palin to win Repulican Nomination in 2012
Posted by: 4 more years ()
Date: January 25, 2011 12:50PM


We can only hope that Sarah Palin gets the Republican nomination - that would be a coffin nail of supreme proportions.

[I think it's rather unlikely, however, but it would be even BETTER if she got a Tea Party nomination SEPARATE from the Republicans! Gawd - that would be great!]

-----------------------------------
How about this negative post? Rooting for a Republican schism vs. promoting how good the Democrats are?


Re: Who the Fuck is She Looking At?
Posted by: 4 More Years ()
Date: January 26, 2011 10:47AM


eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hopefully this Tea Party bullshit is
> just a short lived fad.

No, hopefully this last right through the next election or three.

Gawd that'd be great!

Might just see the Republicans change for the better!

-----------------------------------------------------


Calling someone a "loser." Is that the politics of nice?

Re: Palin or Bachmann Which is Crazier?
Posted by: 4 More Years ()
Date: January 29, 2011 02:39PM


Hatemotor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...she served half a term as a governor...

You are WAY too nice - that loser "served" half a term as governor of a state where the entire population is half the population of Fairfax County, then she QUIT because she couldn't handle it.

-------------------------------------

Some more politics of nice.......

Re: Palin Says U.S. is on ‘Road to Ruin’
Posted by: 4 more years ()
Date: February 05, 2011 06:41PM


She's an idiot and a failure - couldn't even hack being governor of a state with half the population of Fairfax County! Lol!

We can only hope she gets nominated by ANY party - guaranteed Obama win without any sweating! Yes!

4 more years...bet on it.

---------------------------------------------

Who is a hypocrite? You
Who loses? You

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: April 18, 2011 12:54PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So the only reason to be a Democrat is if
> you're
> > not aesthetically pleasing?
> >
> > No wonder the political landscape in this
> country
> > is so fucked up.
>
>
> Countdown till someone posts that liberal women vs
> conservative women pic.

Typically I get a barrage of Hollywood starlet pics. Number one, they don't hang out with, or in the mob scene of ingrates. The Hollywood crowd puts themselves above that. They may show up and give some dumb shit speech or lead a few chants now and then but they won't get down and dirty with what they correctly perceive as a sea of human sewage. The Hollywood elite do not count as mainstream examples of the left.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: April 18, 2011 12:54PM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > mcsmack Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > 1) They are on average uglier than the
> > Republicans
> > > and a lot less happy.
> > >
>
> > So the only reason to be a Democrat is if
> you're
> > not aesthetically pleasing?
> >
>
> No! Most of these folk didn't start out that ugly
> and mean spirited. It grows on you over time.
> Generational dependence on the public sector i.e.
> parents and grandparents employed by the
> government, UAW or other organizations that have
> to be bailed out by the private sector.
>
> These are angry unhappy losers who have passed the
> point of no return. Most likely a genetic mutation
> has occurred making rehabilitation scientifically
> and medically impossible. Darwinism will
> ultimately purge these weak and helpless subjects
> from among us but it is going to be expensive and
> take time.
>
> My point is that as a society we must break the
> cycle if we are to survive. It starts with a
> conscious decision to raise our children to not
> think like them and above all NOT breed with them.
> Seriously guys. Take a look around you especially
> if you tend to lean left of center with your
> political philosophy. Look at the people you have
> chosen to identify with. Then look in the mirror
> and ask yourselves, "am I really that nasty of a
> human being"? Are the above examples what you
> want the future of your families lineage to
> resemble???? I venture to guess your answer is
> nay. And don't tell me you would rather have them
> be an ugly, disoriented and crazy freeking
> socialist troll than a Sarah Palin type or
> whatever. Not only is that unbelievable it is
> stupid.
>
> So I say teach your children well. Teach them to
> never hold their hand out. For anything. Teach
> them to stay out of the public sector workforce.
> If they want to be a teacher tell them to be a
> private school teacher. Teach them it is none of
> their business how much money other people make
> and they have no moral claim to it. And it
> shouldn't be any of the government's business
> either. Teach them to mind their own business and
> take care of their own families first. Teach them
> to be and vote conservative.

So again, your argument is that Democrats are ugly and unhappy, which is why people shouldn't be Democrats?

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: April 18, 2011 01:04PM

> > > >
> >
> > > So the only reason to be a Democrat is if
> > you're
> > > not aesthetically pleasing?
> > >
> >
> > No! Most of these folk didn't start out that
> ugly
> > and mean spirited. It grows on you over time.
> >
> So again, your argument is that Democrats are ugly
> and unhappy, which is why people shouldn't be
> Democrats?

Exactamondo! Just keeping the polarity on cause and effect correct.

Socialism, greed, envy and dependency breed ugliness and its primary home is the Democrat party. In other words being Democrat makes you ugly but being born ugly doesn't necessarily make you Democrat.


There are exceptions of course like Nancy Pelosi but you have to marry rich to afford numerous cosmetic surgeries.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2011 01:12PM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: April 18, 2011 01:24PM

I think we're about done here.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: union thug ()
Date: April 18, 2011 01:27PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think we're about done here.

Maybe you are, but the rest of us are just getting started.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 18, 2011 01:34PM

Sounds like someone's hittin the sauce a little early today. Must be a 3-day weekend.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: April 18, 2011 01:44PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like someone's hittin the sauce a little
> early today. Must be a 3-day weekend.

I am thinking about loading up the cooler and hitting the golf course. It's beautiful down here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: April 18, 2011 01:48PM

union thug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think we're about done here.
>
> Maybe you are, but the rest of us are just getting
> started.

Republicans are ugly and unhappy people. So there.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: April 18, 2011 01:57PM

Well you asked for it so here goes:


republican women beauty brains combinationnancy-pelosi-2.jpgmegyn kellyrepublican women beauty brains combination

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:03PM

the greek tragedy of the situation is that there are more republican women that i'd grunge fuck than liberals...except the republicans, unlike the liberals, are too caught up in religion and family values to do that sort of thing. oh well, if i really wanted to fuck a republican i'd just sit in an airport mens room stall and wait.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:10PM

Hey mcsmack, how 'bout you post a pic of yourself so we can see how being a diehard Republican has improved your looks. I'm sure you're real South Beach material.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:12PM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TheMeeper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sounds like someone's hittin the sauce a little
> > early today. Must be a 3-day weekend.
>
> I am thinking about loading up the cooler and
> hitting the golf course. It's beautiful down here.





3 day weekends are for godless socialists and libtards. True Christian Republicans have an obligation to be hard working and get this economy moving again. You're this nation's only hope.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Bill&Gary ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:13PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey mcsmack, how 'bout you post a pic of yourself
> so we can see how being a diehard Republican has
> improved your looks. I'm sure you're real South
> Beach material.

Big surprise there. Eesh asking for men's pics online. Something tells me this isn't the first time he hs done that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Bill&Gary ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:15PM

Maybe I'll see mcsmack when I'm down in Florida next month. My dad is paying for my Greyhound ticket so I can be with my sober girl in Miami.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:19PM

Bill&Gary Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe I'll see mcsmack when I'm down in Florida
> next month. My dad is paying for my Greyhound
> ticket so I can be with my sober girl in Miami.

Your killing me. maybe I should sext eesh just to shut him up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Korpers ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:21PM

In regards to the subject, I have not read one solid and sound argument yet that would make me pause and say, "Hey, this is a really well thought out reason not to be a Democrat". It is all trite and flabby. I'm willing to listen with an open mind, but where's the substance, to use an old cliche, "Where's the beef".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Bill&Fairy ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:22PM

Bill&Gary Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe I'll see mcsmack when I'm down in Florida
> next month. My dad is paying for my Greyhound
> ticket so I can be with my sober girl in Miami.

Anonymous eesh post trying to act link intatootz, but not realizing that it isn't inkapootz. Poor eesh. He stoo-stoo-stoo-stoopid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:22PM

celebrity I most resemble.
brett-favre-traded-to-the-jets.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Bill&Gary ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:23PM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bill&Gary Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe I'll see mcsmack when I'm down in Florida
> > next month. My dad is paying for my Greyhound
> > ticket so I can be with my sober girl in Miami.
>
> Your killing me. maybe I should sext eesh just to
> shut him up.




don't do that. my sober girlfriend's brother got arresting for sexting some underage girl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: howwza ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:23PM

Korpers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm willing to listen with an open
> mind, but where's the substance, to use an old
> cliche, "Where's the beef".

From the looks of things, the beef appears to be in eesh's ass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: April 18, 2011 03:48PM

More fat, ugly, stringy and greasy haired smelly skanks and the losers who chase them trying to get lucky. I'm seriously re-thinking my stance on forced late term abortion.





Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2011 03:48PM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Dreznych ()
Date: April 18, 2011 03:57PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So the only reason to be a Democrat is if
> you're
> > not aesthetically pleasing?
> >
> > No wonder the political landscape in this
> country
> > is so fucked up.
>
>
> Countdown till someone posts that liberal women vs
> conservative women pic.

Here you go
Attachments:
ladies.png
dogs.png

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Todd ()
Date: April 18, 2011 04:15PM

Add a couple of Kennedy girls to the Dems. and you'd really have a witch's brew.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 18, 2011 04:28PM

.
Attachments:
dennis-kucinich-wife.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 18, 2011 04:31PM

That's an odd couple. He must have one thick wallet to hook up with that redhead.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: John Holmes ()
Date: April 18, 2011 04:33PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's an odd couple. He must have one thick
> wallet to hook up with that redhead.


Or a thick dick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: the Ginger Bread Man ()
Date: April 18, 2011 04:35PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's an odd couple. He must have one thick
> wallet to hook up with that redhead.


She's ugly 'as fuck', but then again...you love gingers. lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: ... ()
Date: April 19, 2011 09:53AM

Why bother; the two parties are just two heads on the same snake. This country is fucked.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Britdrnva~ ()
Date: April 19, 2011 10:13AM

... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why bother; the two parties are just two heads on
> the same snake. This country is fucked.

Completely agree...well almost...Republicans are terrible, Democrats nearly as bad. What galls me is the two sides hate each other so much yet they are so similar in practice. Ideologically speaking they each talk their talk but in reality they are nearly one and the same party.

It's the sheeple like McSmack/Wingnut and the rest of us that think the other side is so wrong...both sides are wrong. That's the problem. There needs to be change in Washington and Rep/Dem cauldron is not the answer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: April 19, 2011 10:28AM

Britdrnva~ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why bother; the two parties are just two heads
> on
> > the same snake. This country is fucked.
>
> Completely agree...well almost...Republicans are
> terrible, Democrats nearly as bad. What galls me
> is the two sides hate each other so much yet they
> are so similar in practice. Ideologically
> speaking they each talk their talk but in reality
> they are nearly one and the same party.
>
> It's the sheeple like McSmack/Wingnut and the rest
> of us that think the other side is so wrong...both
> sides are wrong. That's the problem. There needs
> to be change in Washington and Rep/Dem cauldron is
> not the answer.


I figured you would be happy no matter what! The U.S. is starting to look more like Europe all the time. That doesn't make you happy?

Dems / Reps all the same? That shows the sophistry of your ideology. Your atypical liberal. "Your side" isn't meeting your inflated pie in the freeking sky expectations, Obama is not Santa Clause or what ever the fuck you thought. So now everybody sucks regardless of party and there is no difference. Really Brit? So the Tea Party would feel just as welcome in the Dem party?? really??? I have an idea. Why don't you think before you post. Sometimes you come off as an idiot. The sad thing is there are a lot of people who agree with you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: ... ()
Date: April 19, 2011 10:34AM

I'm thinking about emigrating elsewhere, Chile, Estonia, Uruguay, and Siberia are on the short list. There are, after all, places where the police and the gaterapers do not harass the people and have functioning societies, as opposed to this Balkanisation writ large.

--
>>Completely agree...well almost...Republicans are terrible, Democrats nearly as bad. What galls me is the two sides hate each other so much yet they are so similar in practice. Ideologically speaking they each talk their talk but in reality they are nearly one and the same party.

>>It's the sheeple like McSmack/Wingnut and the rest of us that think the other side is so wrong...both sides are wrong. That's the problem. There needs to be change in Washington and Rep/Dem cauldron is not the answer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 19, 2011 10:42AM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------
>
> So the Tea Party would feel just as welcome in the Dem party??

Tea Partiers would feel completely out-of-place amongst a throng of angry, crummy-looking working-class people like the ones in those videos.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: caul ()
Date: April 19, 2011 10:53AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tea Partiers would feel completely out-of-place
> amongst a throng of angry, crummy-looking
> working-class people like the ones in those
> videos.


I thought that in order to be considered working class, you had to, you know, actually work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 19, 2011 11:36AM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I figured you would be happy no matter what! The
> U.S. is starting to look more like Europe all the
> time. That doesn't make you happy?


Europe with the good public education systems, better access for its citizens to college, universal health care, and a better standard of living for all? Oh God no!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: April 19, 2011 11:47AM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I figured you would be happy no matter what!
> The
> > U.S. is starting to look more like Europe all
> the
> > time. That doesn't make you happy?
>
>
> Europe with the good public education systems,
> better access for its citizens to college,
> universal health care, and a better standard of
> living for all? Oh God no!

Surely you are being facetious. And fuck Shirley.

In fact, all across Europe students are revolting. For months, Italian students have been protesting tuition cuts and budget reforms. Greek students have not responded kindly to IMF endorsed austerity measures. And proposed cuts to the pension system have driven French students, in typical fashion, apoplectic.

storyimages_1294089795_screenshot2011010

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 19, 2011 12:11PM

Yes, they are protesting because the government wants to take away from them benefits that they, as citizens, enjoy. I don't see that as contradicting anything I say.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: 3 ply ()
Date: April 19, 2011 12:15PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, they are protesting because the government
> wants to take away from them benefits that they,
> as citizens, enjoy. I don't see that as
> contradicting anything I say.

Why do they want to take them away?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: April 19, 2011 12:17PM

3 ply Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Johnny Walker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes, they are protesting because the government
> > wants to take away from them benefits that
> they,
> > as citizens, enjoy. I don't see that as
> > contradicting anything I say.
>
> Why do they want to take them away?

Because George Bush

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 19, 2011 12:27PM

3 ply Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Johnny Walker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes, they are protesting because the government
> > wants to take away from them benefits that
> they,
> > as citizens, enjoy. I don't see that as
> > contradicting anything I say.
>
> Why do they want to take them away?


Because they are having budget problems just like here. The difference is, they are having budget problems and get all this shit, and we have those same budget problems and get squat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: 3 ply ()
Date: April 19, 2011 12:30PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 3 ply Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Johnny Walker Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Yes, they are protesting because the
> government
> > > wants to take away from them benefits that
> > they,
> > > as citizens, enjoy. I don't see that as
> > > contradicting anything I say.
> >
> > Why do they want to take them away?
>
>
> Because they are having budget problems just like
> here. The difference is, they are having budget
> problems and get all this shit, and we have those
> same budget problems and get squat.

Oh, Ok. You are not only an advcate for getting all that shit, but budget problems as well. Just wanted to be clear. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: April 19, 2011 12:31PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: April 19, 2011 12:40PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 19, 2011 12:46PM

3 ply Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh, Ok. You are not only an advcate for getting
> all that shit, but budget problems as well. Just
> wanted to be clear. Thanks.


No, I advocate for different priorities than our government currently focuses on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: 3 ply ()
Date: April 19, 2011 12:49PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 3 ply Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Oh, Ok. You are not only an advcate for
> getting
> > all that shit, but budget problems as well.
> Just
> > wanted to be clear. Thanks.
>
>
> No, I advocate for different priorities than our
> government currently focuses on.

Right, a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage and..........and..........

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 19, 2011 01:14PM

3 ply Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Johnny Walker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 3 ply Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Oh, Ok. You are not only an advcate for
> > getting
> > > all that shit, but budget problems as well.
> > Just
> > > wanted to be clear. Thanks.
> >
> >
> > No, I advocate for different priorities than
> our
> > government currently focuses on.
>
> Right, a chicken in every pot and a car in every
> garage and..........and..........


Right. "Chicken" being "good public education system" and "car" being "affordable health care."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Britdrnva~ ()
Date: April 19, 2011 02:05PM

McSmack wrote:
"I figured you would be happy no matter what! The U.S. is starting to look more like Europe all the time. That doesn't make you happy? "

I fail to see how the US is anything close to looking like Europe politically speaking. Certainly the media you listen to parrots the socialist democratic ways of the Obama tribe...but I can assure you the democratic party in the US would be something akin to a very conservative party equivalent in Europe. The Republican party in this country would be akin to nationalist/xeno-phobic parties in Europe.

The US is socialist and has been long before Obama came into power. It was Bush that provided one of the costliest expansions to socialism (was a piss poor one at that too). Then Bush started two wars without providing any funding, cut taxes and when the shit hits the fan and the economic bubble burst - the Republicans all of a sudden decide they are fiscal hawks...come on man, give me a break. The Dems are as spineless too. Instead of pushing strong mandates through (esp when they had a chance for two years), they've caved to just about every demand the Reps have thrown at them.

The US is and continues to be socialist - I don't see why there is a great bugaboo about it - we have social security, medicare/medicaid, unemployment insurance, etc. Admittedly, all the US socialist programs are far weaker than its counterparts in Europe (western Europe even has additional social programs than the US) but to continually dog me as socialist or what have you - points to your own lack of knowledge towards your own country. I know you're a smart person, my original point is that we've been led to believe that the other side is the great evil...both sides are wrong. The Dems/Reps are not the answer.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2011 02:06PM by Britdrnva~.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Dreznych ()
Date: April 19, 2011 05:00PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, I advocate for different priorities than our
> government currently focuses on.

LOL! How can you possibly call yourself a Democrat now? How dare you doubt for even a moment the greatness of Almighty Chancellor Obama? I'm reporting you to the Democrat thought police for this one.
Oh, and if you want affordable health care, simply privatize it. Anyone who knows anything about basic economics could tell you that competition in a free market reduces prices far beyond anything that government facilitation ever could.

Britdrnva~ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> we've been led to believe that the other side is the great evil

Democrats have been led, but a fundamental aspect of the Republican Party is that each individual decides for himself what he believes. In fact, the Republican Party is not so much a political party as a bunch of freethinking individuals who for the most part agree on political issues. And Republicans do not believe in empty patriotism or nationalism. They objectively love America. To understand how, watch this video; but be sure to watch it with an open mind. If there are things you disagree with, then you disagree with them; I can't change that. But I do ask that you simply and maturely understand that this is what we believe and why we believe it.


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 19, 2011 05:06PM

Dreznych Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Johnny Walker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No, I advocate for different priorities than
> our
> > government currently focuses on.
>
> LOL! How can you possibly call yourself a Democrat
> now? How dare you doubt for even a moment the
> greatness of Almighty Chancellor Obama? I'm
> reporting you to the Democrat thought police for
> this one.
> Oh, and if you want affordable health care, simply
> privatize it. Anyone who knows anything about
> basic economics could tell you that competition in
> a free market reduces prices far beyond anything
> that government facilitation ever could.



Never said I was a Democrat, but as for your free market principles, when it comes to health care, those have demonstrably failed to hold down costs in the US. Other countries with government-run health care get better value than we do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: April 19, 2011 05:20PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Never said I was a Democrat, but as for your free
> market principles, when it comes to health care,
> those have demonstrably failed to hold down costs
> in the US.

Very common misconception. Free market principles haven't had a chance to work on health care in the US for upwards of 40 years. Increasing government involvement in the market—in the form of Medicare, Medicaid, and tax/regulatory changes to favor third-party payers (HMOs, etc.)—has made the vast majority of consumers insensitive to the price and cost of medical care.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Dreznych ()
Date: April 19, 2011 05:26PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Never said I was a Democrat, but as for your free
> market principles, when it comes to health care,
> those have demonstrably failed to hold down costs
> in the US. Other countries with government-run
> health care get better value than we do.

In the US, private medicine has to constantly fight the government and quite obviously is losing that fight. That's why they can't keep costs down; soon enough the government will wipe them out of existence if we don't do something. They need the extra money to stay in existence. And they can't hope to attract more customers if the customers lost too much of their money to the government.
In countries with government-run health care, well, we all know that Europeans (and many other nationalities) are pussies. They won't fight their socialist governments like we do. Actually it's gotten pretty out of hand (in France and Greece for example) and they're starting to riot constantly.

Ut Videam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very common misconception. Free market principles haven't had a chance to work on
> health care in the US for upwards of 40 years. Increasing government involvement
> in the market—in the form of Medicare, Medicaid, and tax/regulatory changes to
> favor third-party payers (HMOs, etc.)—has made the vast majority of consumers
> insensitive to the price and cost of medical care.

Beat me to it. Spot on.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2011 05:39PM by Dreznych.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 19, 2011 05:43PM

Ut videam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very common misconception. Free market principles
> haven't had a chance to work on health care in the
> US for upwards of 40 years. Increasing government
> involvement in the market—in the form of
> Medicare, Medicaid, and tax/regulatory changes to
> favor third-party payers (HMOs, etc.)—has made
> the vast majority of consumers insensitive to the
> price and cost of medical care.


But you aren't willing to concede that countries with government-run health care get better value for their health-care dollars than we do now? There is, of course, no such thing as a truly free market anywhere, what is best is what we have to look for.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Dreznych ()
Date: April 19, 2011 05:55PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But you aren't willing to concede that countries
> with government-run health care get better value
> for their health-care dollars than we do now?
> There is, of course, no such thing as a truly free
> market anywhere, what is best is what we have to
> look for.

I disagree; without a (mostly) free market, there is not profit incentive for government medicine, so without competition, its quality decreases.
Also, ask any Republican: we don't believe in anarcho-capitalism. We believe in a government, but one that is limited to maintaining a military to provide for the common defense, a police force to insure domestic tranquility, and a judicial system to establish justice. And obviously, these services need money to function—money that I will gladly pay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reasons not to be a Democrat
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: April 20, 2011 03:11AM

What the government should do is set up Kaiser (or some similar HMO provider) to be the catchall provider of healthcare for folks that currently are on Medicaid and Medicare. Allow for companies that have fewer than 25 (or maybe 50) employees, and/or revenues under a certain amount to pay into an HMO pool for their medical coverage if they want - and then those folks could go to the HMO as well. Otherwise all larger employers must provide health care per the current system before Obamacare.

To make this work, the government would also provide college funding for anyone that wanted to become a doctor or medical specialist in medicine, with an obligated 6 year term of service - if they fail to complete their service they do not receive their license to practice. These folks would be certified via the Federal government with some agreement with the AMA to be able to call them "doctors", and they would be available to either supplement local Kaiser HMO offices in high demand areas, or they would work at clinics setup in under-served areas (contracted through Kaiser).

With this kind of setup we would get the best of both worlds - we would have a viable private healthcare market for primary working families, and also a government supplemented HMO system to cover folks with no insurance, those who would qualify for medicare (today) and folks working for small companies that cannot afford to be in larger plans. This would help get the pressure off hospital emergency rooms where folks with no insurance are showing up for a doctors visit.

Kaiser could still offer competitive plans for the private market as well, and they could be used as alternatives by employers. Employers would have to pay for coverage for all their eligible employees - although not for employees who had coverage provided by their spouse's coverage. In any case, the system would be setup to discourage and limit any larger employer the ability to try and dump their folks into the HMO plan - in particular by trying to use methods like making all their employees subcontractors working for smaller companies. If a larger company tried to do that, they would be hit with a larger corporate tax - say by counting all FTEs and contract FTEs and determining what they should be paying if all the folks were employees. This would discourage them from hiring small contractors who were unwilling to provide private coverage for their employees.

This way, even if a person did not want insurance, their company would still have to provide them some level of coverage unless they could prove they had it provided by another employer through their spouse.

With a setup like this, we would be able to more easily provide health care for seniors, the indigent, and low income families. Also we would help keep the market push for licensing more doctors, which would also help to lower costs. This would make it so the government is not running health care - they would merely be involved in regulating (as they should), and supplementing the creation of doctors (mainly from folks who could not afford to go to college on their own dime to get a medical degree). I think this would give us the best of both worlds - a somewhat socialized system for catching the folks with limited ability to get coverage, but still provide the innovation drivers for the market by keeping a large pool of private health care available.

It seems that something along these lines would help solve the mess we have today.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********    ******    ******   ********   **     ** 
 **     **  **    **  **    **  **     **  **     ** 
 **     **  **        **        **     **  **     ** 
 **     **  **        **        ********   **     ** 
 **     **  **        **        **         **     ** 
 **     **  **    **  **    **  **         **     ** 
 ********    ******    ******   **          *******  
This forum powered by Phorum.