HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
American version of Top Gear
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: December 19, 2010 10:14PM

Anybody watch this show? It seems like it would be cool, but only if you had never seen teh British version and didn't know you were watching a cheap knockoff...

Re: American version of Top Gear
Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: December 19, 2010 10:21PM

Heh...I'm watching it now. I agree. Without Jeremy Clarkson, it's just not Top Gear. The guys they have aren't even funny....it's not even a knock off really....it's like a completely different and boring show.

Date: December 19, 2010 10:22PM

And that douchebag just ghostrided his Fiero into that pretty Olds, what the fuck?

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: December 19, 2010 10:23PM

I agree, Jeremy Clarkson makes the show, and even that isn't saying much. The American show is just a watered down version.

Date: December 19, 2010 10:33PM

What makes the UK series so good is that the guys are quirky and confrontational. I think if they had kept Adam Carolla in the cast of the US version, they would have had some of that. The guys they have now, though, are all stiffs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: December 19, 2010 11:05PM

I watched the episode with the Z31, which is a favorite ride of mine. One of the guys, I don't recall his name, he was trying too hard. He was saying (Paraphrased): "Hey, what are you doing with a Japanese ride down here in the South of America, are you crazy?". Of course, he himself sounded like a complete geek.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Teh King ()
Date: December 20, 2010 06:38AM

The American version of Top Gear is soooo lame. I couldn't bear watching an entire episode. There is no chemistry with those guys. I agree, Adam Corrolla would have brought the levity and wiseass cracks needed.

Just give me BBC America in HD and I'll be happy with year-old reruns of UK Top Gear.

Date: December 20, 2010 10:26PM

Teh King Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just give me BBC America in HD and I'll be happy
> with year-old reruns of UK Top Gear.

+1 I don't think I can sit through another one like that.

Posted by: sumguy ()
Date: December 21, 2010 11:22AM

Not very original just redone uk episodes.

Posted by: My Top Opinion ()
Date: December 21, 2010 11:35AM

The first episode with the Lambos was good, now the program has an extremely lame ora to it.

Posted by: JDouble09 ()
Date: December 21, 2010 08:06PM

tomahawk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And that douchebag just ghostrided his Fiero into
> that pretty Olds, what the fuck?

This coming from an channel that air Gangland marathon need kick Adam "Fag"erra and put Adam Carolla

This forum powered by Phorum.