HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Markets Continue Free Fall After Tech Stocks Record Profits, GDP down 34%, Unemployment at 44%, and COVID deaths Surging Killing Economy
Posted by: Trump Recession, Bush Recession ()
Date: July 31, 2020 11:33AM

Even after record earnings the DOW and major markets are heading lower. This is the start of the Trump recession. Right on cue for a republican presidency. Let hope the markets don't drop to Bush levels.

Re: Markets Continue Free Fall After Tech Stocks Record Profits, GDP down 34%, Unemployment at 44%, and COVID deaths Surging Killing Economy
Posted by: Gordon Gecko ()
Date: July 31, 2020 12:32PM

Not looking good, Tech stocks should of been a rally. Next bad news will crash the markets. Time to into bonds until after COVID is under control.

Re: Markets Continue Free Fall After Tech Stocks Record Profits, GDP down 34%, Unemployment at 44%, and COVID deaths Surging Killing Economy
Posted by: alternate reality ()
Date: July 31, 2020 12:40PM

NDX has been in the green the entire day today so far, stick to things you know like janitorial services

Posted by: Gordon Gecko ()
Date: July 31, 2020 12:42PM

alternate reality Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NDX has been in the green the entire day today so
> far, stick to things you know like janitorial
> services

DOW down 300 points and major other markets are down including energy stocks.

Posted by: cleanup on aisle 4 ()
Date: July 31, 2020 02:04PM

Gordon Gecko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> alternate reality Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > NDX has been in the green the entire day today
> so
> > far, stick to things you know like janitorial
> > services
>
> DOW down 300 points and major other markets are
> down including energy stocks.

The DOW 30 hasn't been a relevant index for the past 50 years

Posted by: kd3mg ()
Date: July 31, 2020 04:42PM

What market are you watching. My portfolio increased in value by over 3% today. My index funds were up. I had two limit order sales executed today because the stocks went over my trigger.

Posted by: USA is Debted Now ()
Date: August 03, 2020 12:25PM

That is GDP that can never be recovered. Major hit to US economy.

This forum powered by Phorum.