HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Congratulations to FU Posters Who Predicted Trump Would Bankrupt the US Economy
Posted by: 18% Unemployment ()
Date: May 22, 2020 06:30AM

Had this bad feeling and listened to you. You were right.

Leveraged everything and shorted the market before the impeachment started. Dumped the girlfriend, quit my job, and listed the house.

Fast forward. Sitting on about $4M in a cheap apartment near Dulles. I have no fucking idea what I'm going to do now, but thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Congratulations to FU Posters Who Predicted Trump Would Bankrupt the US Economy
Posted by: :=) ()
Date: May 22, 2020 06:54AM

Congratulations. Be honest though.

Did the fact that Trump has been bankrupt a million times help give you the extra push?

Re: Congratulations to FU Posters Who Predicted Trump Would Bankrupt the US Economy
Posted by: Gee, you're sooooooo interesting ()
Date: May 22, 2020 07:15AM

Attachments:
trump-dancing-nobody-cares.gif

Posted by: legend in your own mind ()
Date: May 22, 2020 07:19AM

18% Unemployment Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Had this bad feeling and listened to you. You
> were right.
>
> Leveraged everything and shorted the market before
> the impeachment started. Dumped the girlfriend,
> quit my job, and listed the house.
>
> Fast forward. Sitting on about $4M in a cheap
> apartment near Dulles. I have no fucking idea
> what I'm going to do now, but thanks.

S&P 500 is down about 250 points from where it was before impeachment started (about 10%). You're a real Gordon Gecko.

Posted by: Like Clockwork ()
Date: May 22, 2020 07:23AM

Walks right into the propeller every time. He burnin.
Attachments:
USS Motherfucker.jpg

Posted by: stay calm and keep buying ()
Date: May 22, 2020 07:31AM

legend in your own mind Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 18% Unemployment Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Had this bad feeling and listened to you. You
> > were right.
> >
> > Leveraged everything and shorted the market
> before
> > the impeachment started. Dumped the
> girlfriend,
> > quit my job, and listed the house.
> >
> > Fast forward. Sitting on about $4M in a cheap
> > apartment near Dulles. I have no fucking idea
> > what I'm going to do now, but thanks.
>
>
> S&P 500 is down about 250 points from where it was
> before impeachment started (about 10%). You're a
> real Gordon Gecko.

Even worse, he lost out on the 35% gain from the low on March 23rd. And the that index (S&P 500) is down about 7.5% from where it was at the beginning of Dec (before the impeachment started), not 10%. It's only down 8.5% from it's record high.

Don't know about the cost/benefit of dumping his girlfriend, quitting his job or selling his house but I wouldn't take stock advice from the OP.

Posted by: The More You Know ()
Date: May 22, 2020 11:58AM

Even before the virus, Trump kept touting ho great the economy was, but the reality is only the stock market was doing well. This was due to the huge corporate tax cuts that were supposed to trickle down to the average American, but never did. The corps just bought back shares of stock and gave themselves bonuses. This is what kept the stock market going.

The unemployment numbers were deceptive as well, because stagnant wages could not keep up with cost of living increases/ child care, more people were taking multiple jobs.

By giving the big tax cuts to corps, it means the USA no longer gets all that money, so we either have to cut spending or go deeper in debt. Spending increased substantially under Trump, so we were in deep to the mob.

If you're wondering why Trump has been criticizing China so much lately, it's because he's considering defaulting on their loan. This is what Trump does, he borrows money and never pays it back. He took huge personal loans from Russia and could not pay them back, which is why so many people think he struck a deal with Putin. Now we're hearing he may have personal loans with China as well.

So the virus definitely hurt the economy, but it was bad and getting worse on its own before all this.
Attachments:
usdebtchart_2020.jpg

Posted by: Buried in Moreno Threads ()
Date: May 22, 2020 09:19PM

I don't hear anybody saying these guys were wrong when they predicted Trump would shit the bed and bankrupt the country.

Why the crickets.

Posted by: well, miz & peep are trumptardz ()
Date: May 22, 2020 10:10PM

so of course they want anything negative about trump pushed down to page two

Posted by: fewdsxz ()
Date: May 22, 2020 10:21PM

Trumptards are bound to respond with "he's richer than you" or "his daddy only gave him a million $ and he turned that into over a billion, so get bent" but what Trumptards seem to leave out is that real estate is probably the easiest sector to win at and not fuck it up. Trump sits on probably the most lucrative real estate market their is in the world. He could literally do/say anything stupid and it wouldn't effect his asset's value and it wouldn't change the fact that people want to live in NYC and ergo, need somewhere to live. Outside of that, He's one of the biggest fuckups in American business that anyone can name.

Posted by: I post and respond to myself ()
Date: May 23, 2020 09:12AM

Weak fucking sauce

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.