HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Water Main Break
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: April 01, 2010 10:10PM

So here I was, just chilling at el-cribo on a rather pleasant evening, when suddenly three dump-trucks go racing up my street, with two parking nearby, three pick-ups make their way toward the same direction, and then a flatbed semi with a front-end loader parks across from mi casa. They off-load the front-end loader, and it goes up towards my upper cul-de-sac, and then I begin to hear jackhammering within 10 minutes of the initial truck appearances. They JUST wrapped up their operation right now.

At first today, I thought it was my crazy neighbor behind all of this, because there's never any telling what he's up to with construction equipment and 7/11 corner vatos. Then when we figured out it wasn't that, our first concern turned towards the gas pipeline which runs nearby. I went up to two of the trucks, and sure enough they had "Columbia Gas" logos on them. However, they were only there as supervisors, because the real problem was the water main. Someone noticed water bubbling up through the curb earlier today, and when the police checked it out, they immediately brought a crew out here. Fortunately, I'm below the area in question, so my water pressure remained unaffected, but my neighbors completely lost their water altogether.

This is the first time in 24 years that we've had such a problem around here (My neighborhood is only that old), and I'm wondering if it has to do with the increased cold and pressure we experienced from the deep snow this past winter, combined with the extreme warmth of today.

I will say that I am extremely impressed by the response too, because these guys got down to business extremely quickly.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

This forum powered by Phorum.